2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

On 9/9/2021 at 10:39 PM, silver said:

We'll put the moustache idea on the back burner for now, then

I think at the right gig it could be hilarious.

We could still wear the moustaches outside in case we get to see Mika and bring them to each concert until he finally sees them :original: That's what I did for my chicken I took it to several gigs until I was able to show it to Mika...and I even ended up bringing two of them :lmfao:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

We could still wear the moustaches outside in case we get to see Mika and bring them to each concert until he finally sees them :original: That's what I did for my chicken I took it to several gigs until I was able to show it to Mika...and I even ended up bringing two of them :lmfao:

Well, the first moustache idea was to wear them outside after the show - while waiting for Mika. But we are not sure if Mika will come to see us.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I was dead on on wearing sneakers, so I better take out my heels to strut the streets? :shocked:

Just write a designer name on the side, you'll be fine. :wink2:

*Adds new shoes to the ever-growing list of things to buy for Paris*

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

.. this article from a US travel magazine just came to my inbox the other day. I thought it was timely!

https://www.cntraveler.com/galleries/2014-10-15/10-things-not-to-do-in-paris

Thank you, that's really helpful! 

I like the sound of the Musée de l'Orangerie, the Paname brewing company and the covered passages like Galerie Vivienne for traditional ambience and quirky shopping. :yes:

As for 'don't fill up on croissants', well, pfft. Don't come between a woman and her pastries! :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I was dead on on wearing sneakers, so I better take out my heels to strut the streets? :shocked:

No idea why they think I should try not to look like a tourist when I actually am a tourist. I don't feel the need to disguise and have hurting feet for wearing shoes that look chique instead of being comfortable. :dunno_grin:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mellody said:

No idea why they think I should try not to look like a tourist when I actually am a tourist. I don't feel the need to disguise and have hurting feet for wearing shoes that look chique instead of being comfortable. :dunno_grin:

Exactly, they advise you to walk around a lot but don't wear sneakers? I think nowadays you can buy very elegant sneakers so they don't have to look like sports shoes at all, they are often even meant for walking in the city rather than doing sports, decorated (for example with rhinestones) etc. Of course they are still casual but I really don't see the point in wearing heels while sightseeing to look more Parisian... Especially since I don't speak French at all. :teehee:

• Like 5

Good info here:

https://www.salutfromparis.com/best-walking-shoes-for-paris/

Sneakers, particularly white, are a popular choice with PaRisians. (Athough good luck keeping them looking clean in October if it's raining :teehee:

Otherwise, as long as they don't look too sporty, they're fine. 

Alternatives - flat/low heel brogues/oxfords/derbies, or ankle boots (preferably waterproof). 

Edited by Hero
Spelling. Drat those sneaky r's.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Good info here:

https://www.salutfromparis.com/best-walking-shoes-for-paris/

Sneakers, particularly white, are a popular choice with Paisians. (Athough good luck keeping them looking clean in October if it's raining :teehee:

Otherwise, as long as they don't look too sporty, they're fine. 

Alternatives - flat/low heel brogues/oxfords/derbies, or ankle boots (preferably waterproof). 

Well then, let's see if we can make the "Paisians" happy. :wink2:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well, the first moustache idea was to wear them outside after the show - while waiting for Mika. But we are not sure if Mika will come to see us.

I wish I could tell you that he will be able to do a meet & greet for us. Unfortunately, between COVID and his schedule I'm not at all sure that we'll be able to see him. (And that includes me, and my promised glass of wine! :crybaby:)

15 hours ago, Hero said:

As for 'don't fill up on croissants', well, pfft. Don't come between a woman and her pastries! :naughty:

Ha!  Well said! :thumb_yello:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Oh, I wanted to mention to anyone reading this thread - if you haven't found your way over to the MFC Tour Boat poll, please do! We're trying to get a count of how many fans and friends are interested.

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/35677-lets-talk-the-mfc-tour-bus-er-boat/

• Like 6

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

(And that includes me, and my promised glass of wine! :crybaby:)

I hope you get to have your glass of wine with him!! :crossed:  Its well earned with all of the work you have put in over the years and just how absolutely amazing, kind and generous you have been with this entire community!!!💖💖

• Like 7

12 hours ago, mellody said:

Although I agree with you, I am definitely both! So both options really speak to me, although I definitely with long distances prefer the more comfortable option: read: sneakers :biggrin2:

11 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I think nowadays you can buy very elegant sneakers so they don't have to look like sports shoes at all, they are often even meant for walking in the city rather than doing sports, decorated (for example with rhinestones) etc.

I was thinking of my white sneakers with a little glitter on them (yes I live for glitter, not youuuuuu :pbjt:) and then you two wrote this @giraffeandyand @Hero), it’s as if you were reading my mind! :lol3:

6 hours ago, Hero said:

Sneakers, particularly white, are a popular choice with Paisians. (Athough good luck keeping them looking clean in October if it's raining :teehee:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Hero said:

Dang those pesky missing 'r' letters. :doh:  :lol3:

Like you said, the letters can't behave. :facepalm:

Looks like the "r" would rather prefer lie in a letter box somewhere than find its place nicely in the word. :wags_finger:

4 minutes ago, Hero said:

Pain au Chocolat. :biggrin2:

That's the solution. :thumb_yello::lol3:

• Like 2