2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

45 minutes ago, carafon said:

Just be aware that every saturday afternoon there are demonstrations against the sanitary pass , the vaccin , the masks .......and many other things.....

It's far less violent than the yellow vest protests used to be (even  basically almost the same people are involved) , but it may be difficult to go to some places .

You should ask Parisian people what places you'd better avoid at that time

I hope it's okay if I jump in your conversation ! It's totally true and it's really good that you've mentionned it. These last weeks there's a lot of manifestations against the sanitary pass and it's hard to visit Paris. Of course it depends of the manifestation but usually, it's around Arc de Triomphe and the whole neighbour. I think it's pretty okay around the Eiffel Tower, but last weekend it took me a while to travel into the city because of the manifestation !

• Thanks 5

45 minutes ago, Florine said:

I hope it's okay if I jump in your conversation ! It's totally true and it's really good that you've mentionned it. These last weeks there's a lot of manifestations against the sanitary pass and it's hard to visit Paris. Of course it depends of the manifestation but usually, it's around Arc de Triomphe and the whole neighbour. I think it's pretty okay around the Eiffel Tower, but last weekend it took me a while to travel into the city because of the manifestation !

So it's better to visit the area around Arc de Triomphe on Friday and make plans in other parts of the city for Saturday (maybe even some indoor activites like galleries)? :original: I'll have time on Friday afternoon and on Saturday before the concert for sightseeing so I'm grateful for any tips. Also my friend who used to live there for a while recommended the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, it's quite near the Philharmonie. If the weather is good, maybe it would be a good place for meeting up on Saturday, far away from the protests. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Also my friend who used to live there for a while recommended the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, it's quite near the Philharmonie. If the weather is good, maybe it would be a good place for meeting up on Saturday, far away from the protests. 

Yes it's a nice place

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 8:38 PM, giraffeandy said:

So it's better to visit the area around Arc de Triomphe on Friday and make plans in other parts of the city for Saturday (maybe even some indoor activites like galleries)? :original: I'll have time on Friday afternoon and on Saturday before the concert for sightseeing so I'm grateful for any tips. Also my friend who used to live there for a while recommended the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, it's quite near the Philharmonie. If the weather is good, maybe it would be a good place for meeting up on Saturday, far away from the protests. 

If you really want to visit the Arc the triomphe and Avenue des Champs Elysees, it'll be better to go on Friday. Because saturday could be harder ! 

And for saturday you can go everywhere else, even at Trocadero or Tour Eiffel. 

And yes les Buttes Chaumonts is a good idea ! It's a whole parc I think and if the weather is good to us that weekend, it would be totally charming !

• Like 2

On 6/9/2021 at 9:38 PM, dcdeb said:

This is something we can arrange as Mika Fan Club, shouldn't be a problem. But in the past, what we've done is collected money for the flowers here and then we order them and have the florist deliver them to the dressing room. Often, everyone is so generous we've had enough money to send a nice bottle of champagne or wine as well.  :thumb_yello:

You're right that the pandemic may complicate things, but I'm sure we can find a way to get something to him. And I think we absolutely should do it!

Obviously, you can do it as an individual or in smaller groups, too -- that's up to you.

Hello, Deb-san

Are you going to arrange gifts as MFC? If so, I would like to join in. :wink2:

I'm thinking about sending flowers to his dressing room individually as well.

I'd be pleased if you can share info here about contact person / address and appropriate delivery time / rules or restrictions etc. if you  have already contacted with the venue.

NaoMika☆

Edited by NaoMika
  • Like 5

On 9/22/2021 at 7:37 PM, Florine said:

I guess I arrived at the right time, saw nothing of the demonstrations last Saturday. :teehee:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

I guess I arrived at the right time, saw nothing of the demonstrations last Saturday. :teehee:

It's usually starting from 2pm 

The demonstration's organizer have to give their plan to the police some days before in order to block the concerned streets .

Should be available somewhere on the net

I get the info from the bus compagny in my town

Edited by carafon
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, NaoMika said:

Hello, Deb-san

Are you going to arrange gifts as MFC? If so, I would like to join in. :wink2:

I'm thinking about sending flowers to his dressing room individually as well.

I'd be pleased if you can share info here about contact person / address and appropriate delivery time / rules or restrictions etc. if you  have already contacted with the venue.

NaoMika☆

Yes, I'm going to start a thread on that later today. I'll put all relevant information there.

2 hours ago, IngievV said:

A month from now! I am excited!

Yes! Will be good to see you again, @IngievV! Have you heard about the Sunday boat ride? Are you able to join us?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, I'm going to start a thread on that later today. I'll put all relevant information there.

Yes! Will be good to see you again, @IngievV! Have you heard about the Sunday boat ride? Are you able to join us?

I have not heard of it. To be fair I have been a little out of the loop. What time will it be?

Speaking of timing - I had an appointment today for a consultation at a hair salon, as I've not been to one in ages and want it doing for Paris. All was going well, cuts, colours, textures etc all discussed, skin test done for dyes and tints, then went to book an appointment for the actual cut. As I work full time, I asked for a Saturday or late evening. 

First available was November!  :doh:

Said I'd take time off work and looked at weekday appointments. First they could do is Weds 20 Oct! Just in time, so I grabbed it. 

Bit annoying as I'm eager to get it done now - but good that they're so popular (ha!) and it'll be fresh so I shouldn't have to mess with it too much in Paris. 

And that was a long post just to talk about my hair! Sorry. :blush:

• Like 3

On 9/21/2021 at 5:20 PM, dcdeb said:

9/20/21 ZOOM RECAP

For those of you who weren't on the MFC Zoom call yesterday, I thought I would just sum up for you what was discussed. (Those of you who were on the call, please let me know if I've forgotten something or gotten it wrong.)

* The MFC Tour Boat is set for Sunday, 24 October 2021. Departure time will be 3 p.m. so if you are attending you will need to arrive at least 15 minutes before that. We will be sailing with Vedettes de Paris and departing from the quay located near the foot of the Eiffel Tower. The boat ride will be 1 hour long, and there will be food available for purchase on the quay or on the boat. The boat company should be able to arrange for us to pre-purchase food that will then be brought on the boat to save us time waiting in queue. Details for this are being worked out and will be announced soon.

* A Saturday fan gathering was discussed at length. Some fans have been in touch with a cafe located near the venue, and also the Hotel Mercure, where many fans are staying, to determine whether they have a space where we could hold either a breakfast or lunch. Realizing that many may not want to incur additional expenses, alternatives were discussed, such as finding an open park where we could gather, bringing our own food/drink. This idea depends on good weather, so a "Plan B" (bad weather) option is also necessary.

* Pre-concert drinks somewhere before the Saturday night concert -- near or at the venue?

* A method for staying in touch during the weekend was also discussed. Options include:

-- posting on mikafanclub.com

-- creating a WhatsApp group

-- creating a private group on Instagram

-- creating a special/private Instagram account

-- creating a special Twitter account

I haven't yet decided what the best option is -- maybe we'll need a combination of these, so that no one is left out.

* Other items:

-- It would be nice to have a way to identify each other, as not everyone will have an MFC badge -- name tags/stickers.

-- Decorations for the boat? Not sure whether we will be able to do much, as we are only sailing for 1 hour.

We did not get around to discussing flowers/gift for Mika yet, but we should! I will start another thread for that.

This is what I think my tentative schedule for the weekend will be here -- obviously it is subject to change. If you all have ideas for how I might fill it in, please let me know!

FRIDAY - 22 OCT

7:30am: Fans start arriving to Paris (at least, that's when I arrive!)

LUNCH

DINNER

-------------------------------------------------------

SATURDAY - 23 OCT

BREAKFAST/LUNCH - Possible Fan Gathering?

AFTERNOON - Sightseeing around Paris

7pm - Drinks before concert?

8:30pm - MIKA!

11pm - Post-concert drinks/snacks?

-------------------------------------------------------

SUNDAY - 24 OCT

BREAKFAST

LUNCH

2:30pm Meet at Vedettes de Paris Quay

3pm MFC Tour Boat sails the Seine!

4pm Disembark and socialize

5pm Dinner and prepare for concert

7pm Drinks before concert?

8:30pm MIKA!

11pm Post-concert drinks/snacks?

MONDAY - 25 OCT

BREAKFAST - Farewells?

AFTERNOON - Sightseeing around Paris (if anyone wants to join me!)

DINNER

TUESDAY - 26 OCT

MORNING - Return to reality...

These all sound like lovely plans to me! I'd love to join it all, as I'll be on my own (gonna be so different without my mother @Jojotje). Last time in Paris was a few years ago (before the Notre Dame burnt down, but I didn't go in that day STUPIDDDDD, but I did go in 2013..) But anyways, I'd love to join in on the fun :) I'm quite flexible, as I just want to have a fantastic weekend with folks I haven't seen in years! 

Am I correct in understanding that most are staying at Hotel Mercure Paris 19 Philharmonie La Villette? I'll be arriving in Paris around 2:30pm. 

Edited by Maaikie...
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Maaikie... said:

Am I correct in understanding that most are staying at Hotel Mercure Paris 19 Philharmonie La Villette? I'll be arriving in Paris around 2:30pm. 

I don't know if most of us are staying there, but definitely several of us. :)

See you there! :bye:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I don't know if most of us are staying there, but definitely several of us. :)

See you there! :bye:

I've booked there as well 😁 will land in Paris (omg!) around 11am on the 22nd. 😁😁😁🤪🤪🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

where has everyone booked/ planned to go for a PCR/covid test to get back home if they need one? i've had a look at a couple of places online around the venue/ hotel as i'm staying there, but I have no idea if any of them speak english and as i'm going home on the Monday I need one that is open Saturday or Sunday

3 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

where has everyone booked/ planned to go for a PCR/covid test to get back home if they need one? i've had a look at a couple of places online around the venue/ hotel as i'm staying there, but I have no idea if any of them speak english and as i'm going home on the Monday I need one that is open Saturday or Sunday

I need to check on that as well. I will be leaving early Monday so I'm in the same boat. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

Do you still need one to get back into Wales? The rules for England changed recently, we no longer need to take a test before returning if vaccinated. It's now just the day 2 test. 

Might be worth checking if there's a chemist or testing point near the station?