2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I told you already a few days ago that there is no need to wait for Mika after the Saturday concert.

Yes, but I didn't know you knew it. I thought you were just guessing that registration was on Friday and results on Saturday. I didn't know those were facts.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hero said:

Where are they filming The Voice? 

I know with the 2019 shows I went to the studios 107/130/ the small area around there, I can't remember which exact one it was but if you go on google maps and type in studios 107 Paris it will show you and give you an idea

Edited by Emily2b
  • Thanks 2

so.. anyone else struggling to find a fun fancy outfit or is it just me? I haven't bought anything fancy in 2 years cuz of rona, and only gotten myself comfy clothing (aka a bunch of mom jeans and my favourite, a shacket) :aah: Went out to the shops today, and felt too old for what was hanging there (super cropped tops, skirts short as hell), plus teens everywhere around me. I guess I remembered why I hate shopping outside of my house lolol. 

Anyways, there's the classic Mika jacket that I always wear, and will again cuz it's just amazing. But I'll be going to both gigs, so I thought it'd be fun to wear something fun and fancy one of the nights but I'm stuck hahaha

Plus there's the fact that I refuse to wear heels :naughty:

Edited by Maaikie...
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

I feel you! I bought high heels for the gig during sale in June...last month I sold them online. :lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

This year it will be Studio du Lendit in Saint Denis - where blind auditions are filmed.

Oh, not exactly the safest neighbourhood. :mellow:

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

Oh, not exactly the safest neighbourhood. :mellow:

Studios du Lendit are close to Studios 107, and to me the area of Studios du Lendit felt safer. It's also an industrial area but very close to the RER station and also a lot of offices, not just big halls like in the Studios 107 area. I suppose I wouldn't walk to either of them from the venue but prefer to take an Uber / cab, but I think the Studios du Lendit is nicer, there's also just one exit, as opposed to the other studio... :teehee:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

so.. anyone else struggling to find a fun fancy outfit or is it just me? I haven't bought anything fancy in 2 years cuz of rona, and only gotten myself comfy clothing (aka a bunch of mom jeans and my favourite, a shacket) :aah: Went out to the shops today, and felt too old for what was hanging there (super cropped tops, skirts short as hell), plus teens everywhere around me. I guess I remembered why I hate shopping outside of my house lolol. 

Anyways, there's the classic Mika jacket that I always wear, and will again cuz it's just amazing. But I'll be going to both gigs, so I thought it'd be fun to wear something fun and fancy one of the nights but I'm stuck hahaha

Yeah I really need to get going and order something. I haven't been shopping for ages either, at least not for myself - with my kids I never have the patience for trying on things. So I suppose I'll just order something online. I have a Zalando voucher that I got for my bday in April... when I looked there a few months ago, I didn't really find anything that I liked, but maybe I should look again now that they have the winter stuff. Anyway I should do that soon, so I still have time to choose, order a different size if necessary, or something else... :aah:

I think for one night I'll wear the black dress and blue glitter top that I already have (I've been wearing the dress for one of the Montreal symphonic gigs as well), but I agree with you that it'd be nice to have different outfits for both nights.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't think to go there after the Saturday concert.

I would love to go and I think other fans would too. Going there alone at night doesn't seem like a good idea to me. In any case, I don't go there if I'm alone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yeah I really need to get going and order something. I haven't been shopping for ages either, at least not for myself - with my kids I never have the patience for trying on things. So I suppose I'll just order something online. I have a Zalando voucher that I got for my bday in April... when I looked there a few months ago, I didn't really find anything that I liked, but maybe I should look again now that they have the winter stuff. Anyway I should do that soon, so I still have time to choose, order a different size if necessary, or something else... :aah:

I think for one night I'll wear the black dress and blue glitter top that I already have (I've been wearing the dress for one of the Montreal symphonic gigs as well), but I agree with you that it'd be nice to have different outfits for both nights.

I did go home with a pair of nice black trousers and a mustard yellow turtleneck top lol. But I'm now looking online on Monki, Asos and Zara for a nice glittery shirt to pair with the trousers, and hopefully also match it with my burgundy docs so I can be comfy lol.

Another goal of mine today was to find matching sequins for my jacket, as some have fallen off over time (I mean, I've had this jacket since 2010 lol), but it seems to be impossible to find a perfect match. Went to 6 stores :shocked:

• Like 2

For anyone wondering;  

on the back it has a big Mika logo in red and gold sequins, and the M is missing 3 😩😩 

on the side it says WAG, and the W is missing a few as well.. So is the Y in toyboy in purple 🤪

D5EEAE74-8A90-44A3-8017-48848C8DBA31.png

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

For anyone wondering;  

on the back it has a big Mika logo in red and gold sequins, and the M is missing 3 😩😩 

on the side it says WAG, and the W is missing a few as well.. So is the Y in toyboy in purple 🤪

So pretty 😍

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

For anyone wondering;  

If you allow:

IMG_9397.JPG

Dusseldorf 2010. :teehee: Was that the first time you wore the jacket?

I do have sequins that look like this (that in fact I bought somewhen in 2009/2010), but as they're not really clear in my photo, I'm not sure it's the same ones. And dunno if you want to start sewing in Paris if I bring them... :dunno_grin:

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

If you allow:

IMG_9397.JPG

Dusseldorf 2010. :teehee: Was that the first time you wore the jacket?

I do have sequins that look like this (that in fact I bought somewhen in 2009/2010), but as they're not really clear in my photo, I'm not sure it's the same ones. And dunno if you want to start sewing in Paris if I bring them... :dunno_grin:

Omg that was the first time I wore it indeed! That was the night Mika signed it too. Also shout out to my red skinny jeans there :naughty: Almost bought some red smart trousers today in that exact colour as a throwback lol. But yeah, maybe they match, who knows! I just need 6 of them :biggrin2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

1 hour ago, Maaikie... said:

For anyone wondering;  

THAT IS SUCH A COOL JACKET!!! You have to wear it for one of the gigs at least!!! Did you make it?!

and i've finally decided on what i'm wearing! A deep red fitted dress for one night and a black off the shoulder dress for the other! The only issue now is I don't know what coats, bags and jewellery to wear with them....:lmfao: the search is never-ending!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maaikie... said:

Omg that was the first time I wore it indeed! That was the night Mika signed it too. Also shout out to my red skinny jeans there :naughty: Almost bought some red smart trousers today in that exact colour as a throwback lol. But yeah, maybe they match, who knows! I just need 6 of them :biggrin2:

Ok I'll just bring some, along with the Mika tissues for you and your Mum. Maybe you're lucky and they are the right ones. :lol:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

THAT IS SUCH A COOL JACKET!!! You have to wear it for one of the gigs at least!!! Did you make it?!

and i've finally decided on what i'm wearing! A deep red fitted dress for one night and a black off the shoulder dress for the other! The only issue now is I don't know what coats, bags and jewellery to wear with them....:lmfao: the search is never-ending!

Thank you! We bought the jacket, and my mother did most of the beading/adding the sequins ☺️ 

It’s gonna be so cool, seeing everyone in their pretty clothes 😄 Fancy fans 👌

• Like 5

Hello everyonne, i just jump in this conversation so sorry if i ask question or repeat something thats already been said (i was too lazy to read all of the 36 pages sorry xD)!

I just want to say that i'm arriving in Paris on friday at 8:36 a.m and i was planning to visit by myself the day (since my friend is arriving at 11 p.m) but if someone want to join me it will be a pleasure! Or maybe something is already planed for the friday? 

I was thinking of walking in the streets and maybe visiting the Pantheon but don't really know.

And i saw that Deb proposed drinks and chat after the concerts i think this is an amazing idea :D

• Like 5