2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

And I forgot to say that if you're waiting after "the voice" you'll probably have to call a taxi because the public transportations are not working at that time

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, carafon said:

And I forgot to say that you'll probably have to call a taxi because the public transportations are not working at that time

Yes, it's clear for me, but I'll probably have to anyway, even if I stay in the Mercury with the others, as my room is not there. :original:

5 hours ago, carafon said:

And I forgot to say that if you're waiting after "the voice" you'll probably have to call a taxi because the public transportations are not working at that time

If enough of us who are staying in the Philharmonie area are going, we could rent a bus.... :mf_rosetinted: (deja vu... :roftl:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, carafon said:

20 hours ago, Prisca said:

Yes, it's clear for me, but I'll probably have to anyway, even if I stay in the Mercury with the others, as my room is not there. :original:

I had actually planned to take an Uber on Saturday and Sunday night to get to my airbnb (I don't expect to go to sleep early enough to take regular public transport then :bleh:). But then I happened to come across night buses (Noctilien). They run all night at regular intervals (the routes I checked every 20 minutes), there are 47 bus routes and they don't cost more than the buses that run during the day. :yes:  I think I'll take that to get to my sleeping place. :pinkbow:

https://www.ratp.fr/en/getting-around-night/its-easy-get-around-night

• Like 3

I've checked the information concerning paper tickets in the metro.

So starting the 14th of October on some metro stations you will not be able to but paper tickets. But it's in the stations in the north-west and south parts of the city.

There you will be able to buy a plastic card to charge with money (sort of Oystercards in London).

On this photo you can see the stations where you can't buy paper tickets.

image.thumb.png.29ee324dce2a436a6f7eaf2f82cef95d.png

Starting from January 2022 there will be much more stations with the only option - a plastic card.

But if you have spare paper tickets you will be able yo use them even later.

Here I am talking only for tourists and not for people using standard Navigo cards.

You can buy a plastic card Navigo Easy in vending machines or in the ticket counters for 2 EUR and recharge them in the vending machines or via your mobile.

image.thumb.png.0874cb4628741a3bb18a081b27e60527.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

Ok, so if I want to buy a ticket and don't want to pay for a Navigo Pass, my only option now is the SMS ticket?

I've already downloaded the app Bonjour RATP but even there you need the Navigo Pass to buy a single ticket... I'll probably use the metro just a couple of times so I don't need a prepaid card for that. 

5 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Ok, so if I want to buy a ticket and don't want to pay for a Navigo Pass, my only option now is the SMS ticket?

I've already downloaded the app Bonjour RATP but even there you need the Navigo Pass to buy a single ticket... I'll probably use the metro just a couple of times so I don't need a prepaid card for that. 

As I understand it, there are still vending machines where you can buy the paper tickets for one journey, simply the paper 10-ride tickets are already being abolished.

And if you buy a Navigo Pass Easy card and load tickets on it, they are valid for 10 years, if I understand it correctly. :original:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Prisca said:

As I understand it, there are still vending machines where you can buy the paper tickets for one journey, simply the paper 10-ride tickets are already being abolished.

The 10-tickets carnets are still available in the machines where you can buy paper tickets.

image.thumb.png.d3e7dcc95678ef78a04e5a7d02e81e64.png

For Navigo Easy passes more information here:

https://www.ratp.fr/en/titres-et-tarifs/passe-navigo-easy

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

So you can buy single paper tickets. In most of the metro station they are still available.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Prisca said:

And if you buy a Navigo Pass Easy card and load tickets on it, they are valid for 10 years, if I understand it correctly. :original:

I got Navigo Decouverte Pass card when I went to Bercy concert in 2016, they said it is available for 10 years. These days I thought to check if I can use them next week again, and found out they disappeared since 2018 ( and I had to pay for photos as well) :aah: So I will prefer to get single tickets this time :original:

• Like 2

If you want to travel a lot during one day, you can pay 7,50 EUR for Navigo day Pass.

It sounds interesting for the price of a half carnet (5 tickets) you can travel the whole day.

image.thumb.png.c762464b9395e9e8e21f07a10781fe78.png

And you can download tickets to the airports. But not for regular RER trains (yet).

image.thumb.png.95bd7c54071b6cc895a50d7df2e1d4cd.png

https://insidr.co/paris-navigo-easy/

• Like 2

Thank for the infos about the metro ! It will be very useful for my little trip saturday. Also, I still don't know if I will wait after The Voice. I would love to see Mika, of course, but I don't know how I can go back at the hotel. I generally wait but in those cases, I go back at my home, it's not the same... I will probably see at the moment, if you go, maybe I will "invite" me... I will see. I'm at the Mercure too, in any case, it will be very nice to see each other at the hotel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Presci1108 said:

Thank for the infos about the metro ! It will be very useful for my little trip saturday. Also, I still don't know if I will wait after The Voice. I would love to see Mika, of course, but I don't know how I can go back at the hotel. I generally wait but in those cases, I go back at my home, it's not the same... I will probably see at the moment, if you go, maybe I will "invite" me... I will see. I'm at the Mercure too, in any case, it will be very nice to see each other at the hotel. 

Yesterday Mika didn't stop while leaving the studio.

And he told fans at the end of the show not to wait for him.

So I think it is very very probable he will not stop on Saturday after the final.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/16/2021 at 10:15 AM, mellody said:

Got my dress! :biggrin2: When I unpacked it, I was sure I'd send it back, because it looked and felt a lot cheaper than what I paid for it. A very light polyester fabric. But then I tried it on, and it just fits perfectly and in fact looks elegant yet playful, which is the style I like - I probably never would've tried it on in a shop, but glad I did. :dunno_grin: This is it: https://www.zalando.de/maje-ramia-maxikleid-vert-mal21c0am-m11.html?selectedsizes=40,42,44,L,M

And I've got mine! WOOHOO! Was dithering between green, blue or red, but went for classic black in the end as I'll be more likely to wear it for other events. Long skirt with a chiffon overlay, and chiffon pleating on the bust. So pleased, I just feel a bit more special in a dress. This is it (looks better on the model of course...) 

https://www.scarlettandjo.com/collections/plus-size-dresses/products/nancy-marilyn-black-chiffon-maxi-dress?variant=37271260228

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hero said:

And I've got mine! WOOHOO! Was dithering between green, blue or red, but went for classic black in the end as I'll be more likely to wear it for other events. Long skirt with a chiffon overlay, and chiffon pleating on the bust. So pleased, I just feel a bit more special in a dress. This is it (looks better on the model of course...) 

https://www.scarlettandjo.com/collections/plus-size-dresses/products/nancy-marilyn-black-chiffon-maxi-dress?variant=37271260228

Nice, I'm happy you finally have your dress. :hug:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero said:

Thank you! Now hunting for shoes and a wrap... while working full time next week. Easy! :lmfao:

I haven't prepared everything yet either, and I actually wanted to finish it this weekend. :doh:  :lol3:

• Haha 1

Just now, Prisca said:

I haven't prepared everything yet either, and I actually wanted to finish it this weekend. :doh:  :lol3:

Yep, I still need to transfer everything to my new phone, download the TAC app, download my money app, print back ups of tickets etc. Plus take Martha to the vet, get my hair done, etc. Gonna be a busy week! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero said:

Yep, I still need to transfer everything to my new phone, download the TAC app, download my money app, print back ups of tickets etc. Plus take Martha to the vet, get my hair done, etc. Gonna be a busy week! 

We will already be exausted when we arrive in Paris. :lmfao:

• Haha 1