Mika's collaboration with Indeed, June 2021

mellody

Mika teams up with the job platform "Indeed":

He says there'll be a live streaming concert on June 24, that he's putting together. :biggrin2:

195753210_333518771468461_79393899747232

• Like 13

quoting here from the Mikasounds updates thread:

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

If Mika's going to team up with Indeed for Pride, the least he could do is find me (who is currently out of work) a job! 

Seriously though if anyone wants to hire me I will work for Mika merch... Or food! 😁 

Ha! Maybe he's looking for new members for his team, as he said in the Canadian interview that he fired 80% of his team since 2008 :lmfao: - I think we'd all happily apply for it! :naughty:

In fact this "be your true self at work and with colleagues" is something that doesn't resonate with me at all, because I never really felt comfortable at any place where I've worked so far. And tbh I wouldn't want to give away more about myself towards my current colleagues, I've learned that they love talking about others behind their backs and that's something I've always been allergic to, so I'll just keep my personal stuff to myself.

But well in connection with LGBTQ+ / Pride month it might make more sense. Or, as Mika says, to get to know people you don't know, for example if you work in a big company.

And besides, this playlist thing reminds me of what Mika said in one of the interviews for Star Academy, that he asked them for their fave/special songs, to get to know them better. We never heard details about this in the Star Academy recordings, but I liked the concept back then and I like it now. :) Just not in combination with work / workplace / colleagues, for me personally. :dunno_grin:

• Like 7

• mellody changed the title to Mika's collaboration with Indeed, June 2021
5 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I'm nore than ready to work for Mika :wub2: He can hire all of us here :group_hug:

And I'm so looking forward to his streaming concert :wootjump: :wootjump:

:boing: :excite::squirrel::fangurl: :swoon::mikalove::harp:

We are loyal workers, aren't we? :naughty:

I can't wait for the live streaming! :wub2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mellody said:

Ha! Maybe he's looking for new members for his team, as he said in the Canadian interview that he fired 80% of his team since 2008 :lmfao: - I think we'd all happily apply for it! :naughty:

I understood it that he, as he was about to perform in that arena, he had already fired 80% of his team at that point. If he continued the trend, at that rate he must’ve fired 300% of his team until this day :aah: Doesn’t sound like the easiest boss :biggrin2: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

He can hire all of us here

Mika, if you need someone to clean toilets or something, I'm ready.

grafik.png.ccd5ec3cf9083bb5eb4b98d5621c69fd.png

grafik.png.b736969f198e97019a73670e94db2cae.png

grafik.png.fae08ccc58dd939d65efb17698a0e78f.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

54 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Am I the only one to understand that it will not be a "normal" Mika concert but something like cooperation with other artists?

Or singing songs from his/their playlists?

Yes, is indeed not clear.

He just says that he organises the concert with Indeed. I guess, it is quite possible that there will be other artists as well. :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Am I the only one to understand that it will not be a "normal" Mika concert but something like cooperation with other artists?

We will find out in three weeks. Even it is a cooperation, dreaming of a Mika's concert with new songs is for free. In any case it is always good to see him performing, old, new, one or two songs. We have been without concerts for too long and October is still so far away :sweatdrop:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

We will find out in three weeks. Even it is a cooperation, dreaming of a Mika's concert with new songs is for free. In any case it is always good to see him performing, old, new, one or two songs. We have been without concerts for too long and October is still so far away :sweatdrop:

I would not expect new songs as it is about playlist "Soundtrack of Empathy". 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

In any case it is always good to see him performing, old, new, one or two songs. We have been without concerts for too long and October is still so far away :sweatdrop:

I can't wait for this concert even if there are other artists there! I'm so pleased with what Mika's doing for Pride and fingers crossed for a new song :crossed:, perhaps from that little snippet we heard a while back? 

Watch it begin... :fisch: 

• Like 5

To work for Mika, to have a chance to contribute to his works, however small - what a dream. Dear Mika - what do you need? We're here for you! Just call us! 

28 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

it is always good to see him performing, old, new, one or two songs. We have been without concerts for too long and October is still so far away :sweatdrop:

:yeah:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hopefully not :devil: :teehee: 

• Haha 3

On 6/3/2021 at 10:33 AM, Prisca said:

Mika, if you need someone to clean toilets or something, I'm ready.

grafik.png.ccd5ec3cf9083bb5eb4b98d5621c69fd.png

grafik.png.b736969f198e97019a73670e94db2cae.png

grafik.png.fae08ccc58dd939d65efb17698a0e78f.png

15 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Me too :wink2: although I'd rather translate, babysit or take the dogs out :lmfao:

Lol! :roftl: I was rather thinking of music- and gig-related jobs, maybe marketing, things like that. :teehee: What's the point in cleaning the toilets in his house when he's never home anyway, you won't see him. :naughty: To me, working for Mika would mean being part of the magical world that he creates with his music, art and shows, so the job would have to relate to that and not just work for Mika because it's Mika or I want to meet him or get access to his house. :dunno_grin: And in a way, as a fan who supports him and his work and his fanclub, I AM part of it already. I just don't get paid for it or am in contact with him. Of course that'd both be nice. But as his fans we all are part of this wonderful "Mika project", it wouldn't work without us. :wub2: And he "pays" us with his wonderful music and shows, and things like the fanclub presale or M&Gs. Happiness as a reward can't pay your rent but it's nice anyway and something I don't necessarily get in my everyday job. :dunno_grin:

About the project itself there's still so many things I wonder about... like, will the cooperation be worldwide or just for the US website of indeed? In the latter case, maybe the gig will be in the evening US time, which would mean in the middle of the night for Europe. Will it stay online to watch later? Will it be prerecorded or live? And as you mentioned, will it be mainly Mika performing or is he more involved in the production and there'll be mostly other artists? Of course I hope for the former... :crossed:

And those playlists, will they be on Spotify?

I was thinking, while I don't want to share my playlist with my current coworkers, wouldn't it be a nice thing to FIND jobs based on your playlists? I'd much rather put together a playlist to find a job than having to write one of those dry and boring applications. :teehee: I'd probably feel much more comfortable working in a company whose staff like the same music as I do. There's all these criteria when you're searching for a job, to find out not only whether you are able to do the job but also if you fit in the team - and for the latter I think music could be a much better criteria than some of those personality tests they're doing. :biggrin2:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

I was thinking, while I don't want to share my playlist with my current coworkers, wouldn't it be a nice thing to FIND jobs based on your playlists? I'd much rather put together a playlist to find a job than having to write one of those dry and boring applications. :teehee: I'd probably feel much more comfortable working in a company whose staff like the same music as I do. There's all these criteria when you're searching for a job, to find out not only whether you are able to do the job but also if you fit in the team - and for the latter I think music could be a much better criteria than some of those personality tests they're doing. :biggrin2:

That could potentially make my job hunting so much easier! I actually knew someone who started putting YT links in their CV of music videos that relate to them, took about a year but eventually they got a job! 😁 

Maybe I need to start doing this 🤔

As for working with Mika it would be a dream come true to do something more related to his music, I would personally love to design a suit or something for his stage set!

• Like 4

Am I the only one who thinks it would be extremely difficult to work for Mika? He is a perfectionist to a T and I am sure he knows no mercy. And rightfully so, it wouldn’t have brought him the success he has if he had only been nice.
I’m sure he is nice and has his kind sides, just that when he wants something, it will need to be exactly like he imagines it to be and he can be very tough, is what I imagine. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I’m sure he is nice and has his kind sides, just that when he wants something, it will need to be exactly like he imagines it to be and he can be very tough, is what I imagine. 

Even if he shouted at me for being late, or getting something wrong, or if he is tough with a work schedule I would still work for him, even just for a day. As long as he still gives me full pay after sacking me! 😁 

Mika if you're around please hire me! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

Am I the only one who thinks it would be extremely difficult to work for Mika? He is a perfectionist to a T and I am sure he knows no mercy. And rightfully so, it wouldn’t have brought him the success he has if he had only been nice.

Yes from the interviews with Jasmine it is clear that he is a perfectionist but if you are really good in your field and perfectionist too it could work I guess :naughty:

My dream job with him would be to help him with writing French lyrics but Dorian is already doing this...and I think he is more confortable with a man to do this... 

However I could also babysit for him if one day he decides to start his family :wink2: Mika babies would be adorable I'm sure :wub2:

And I already "work" for him while translating his videos with the subs team :wink2:

*keeps dreaming on* 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

That's true, but I think he also knows very well what he's able to do and where others can do a better job than him. You could see it very well in the Star Academy, he let the choreographers etc. do their job, but OF COURSE when the students sing Mika's songs they have to get it right!  The lyrics as well as the melody and the timing, I'm totally with him on that and didn't really understand why in the beginning he said he's not nice. It's about getting good work done, not about being best friends. Or well, maybe you HAVE to be friends, not just acquaintances, because good friends are the ones you can be honest with, right? I find honesty so much more appealing than people who talk about you behind your back. How am I supposed to know that what I'm doing is wrong, if you don't tell me?! 

When you work for a company you also have to identify with their rules and goals and products. Or well let's say you'll eventually get problems if you don't. And it's nothing different with Mika, his work is his "company", and it's all about him personally, because him and his art ARE the products. If it doesn't feel right for him, it won't work. So if he tries to work with someone who doesn't understand what he stands for, what his art is about, what moves him, it's no surprise to me that in this case both sides will end up frustrated.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

It's about getting good work done, not about being best friends. Or well, maybe you HAVE to be friends, not just acquaintances, because good friends are the ones you can be honest with, right?

I think in any professional relationship you have to be honest, friends or not. I’m not friends with all of my colleagues, but we respect and trust eachother blindly (especially my direct colleagues). This also means not being nice to eachother from time to time. It’s funny, because we’re different to eachother in a private setting and I love the contrast. 

That being said, other than not truly having any skills he’s looking for, I think I will just enjoy him from a distance. I’m in a way afraid that working for him - in any way - would get you too close to the magic he is creating and I’d much rather be in the audience for that. But maybe I’m truly wrong and being behind the scenes with him would give me a whole new appreciation for the process and the artist that he is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I imagine he can be very demanding, which, as someone who has been accused of being a perfectionist, I can understand and relate to. :dunno_grin:

I got a small taste of it when I filmed the Christmas message in Iceland all those years ago -- if you've seen the video you can catch a bit of what I mean. When I asked if he would do the video he thought a second and then said, OK, yes, let's do it! He started looking around the space to figure out where we would film, then started giving out orders: Curtis, you do this and play something; you stand over there; you push this thing in and we'll come in from the side; Deb, do you know what you're doing, can you do this? I remember thinking, "yeah, it's my camera, I think I know how to film a video!" :lol3: And then during the intro he says, "dcdeb is filming, well, I hope." The pressure!

Anyhow, I find that attitude challenges me and I really respond to someone who knows what they want and can take charge like that. I wouldn't say it was "mean" but it was definitely no-nonsense. I'm sure some people aren't comfortable with that and would interpret it as being rude or unkind, but to me it's how you need to behave to get things done.

• Like 9
  • Haha 4