Mika's collaboration with Indeed, June 2021

mellody

7 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

You have just described my life, because I’m so short I can hardly look anyone in the eye :lol3: well maybe that will come in handy for not fainting in this case!

Michelle I am as tall as you are.

Funny thing when I was talking to Mika in Paris I didn't have this impression that he is so tall. 

And he was watching me straight in the eyes. Especially when he said: "I have never been to Cracow. I would like to go to Poland". Actually he was pronouncing Polish cites in Polish not English way :blush: Krakow, Warszawa.

I had a feeling that  at certain moment he became nostalgic while talking that he was singing in Warsaw when he was young.

And he turned his eyes away.

But what I was watching? His eyelashes of course!!!! So well visible even in the dark :wink2:

Well I have never seen Mika in a daylight - only in the artificial light or in the dark.

So still waiting the daylight meeting ...

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Michelle I am as tall as you are.

Funny thing when I was talking to Mika in Paris I didn't have this impression that he is so tall. 

And he was watching me straight in the eyes. Especially when he said: "I have never been to Cracow. I would like to go to Poland". Actually he was pronouncing Polish cites in Polish not English way :blush: Krakow, Warszawa.

I had a feeling that  at certain moment he became nostalgic while talking that he was singing in Warsaw when he was young.

And he turned his eyes away.

But what I was watching? His eyelashes of course!!!! So well visible even in the dark :wink2:

Well I have never seen Mika in a daylight - only in the artificial light or in the dark.

So still waiting the daylight meeting ...

I saw him leaving  and each time he met a fan and talked with them and looked at they were showing/giving him  he bent down which was funny because there were fans everywhere in the street so I saw him going up and down like he was playing peek a boo then I realized why when I read your report...when he came close to me I was able to give him the book of my poems after so many years and he smiled and thanked me and I was so happy I burst into happy tears :crybaby: I was about to give it to him after Mika loves Paris concert when a silly person jumped on his back and he had to retreat to his car and leave....but even though it took many years I was so happy I could finally hand it to him in person :cloud:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

What do you do if you faint beforehand?! Or is that your anti faint tactic?

I'm getting worried about your propensity to faint! :naughty:

Actually - has anyone ever fainted with him before? 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Hero said:

Noooo NEVER. You can not do that and miss the chance to look at his cute eyes, his adorable smile and chat for even a few minutes, or make him embarrassed by telling him how handsome he is. :naughty:

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I think I will be the first! 

3 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

I would like to see that :teehee:

Me too! Not for you fainting Michelle, but for his reaction. I bet he'd be so embarrassed and cute and flummoxed and concerned. 

Wait a minute. . .

*books acting class to learn fainting skills* :naughty:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Hero said:

Me too! Not for you fainting Michelle, but for his reaction. I bet he'd be so embarrassed and cute and flummoxed and concerned. 

Wait a minute. . .

*books acting class to learn fainting skills* :naughty:

You forgot: "In front of Mika"

• Haha 3

On 7/9/2021 at 2:19 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

Watching the Indeed concert again, maybe already for the tenth time (in full) Enjoying it whilst it’s still online! Discovering something new every time.

Oh and I’ve timed how long it took him to get on the piano. Just a bit over 2.5 minutes :lol3: is he that quick in concert, too? 

Usually not, tho sometimes he starts the show at the piano.

On 7/9/2021 at 2:35 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

Geez he just watched in the camera and it made me instantly shy. How do you guys handle him looking right at you in real life!?

765AF9DF-FAD1-4D54-A410-4A0AFFD42FF0.jpeg

At gigs it's cool, you just feel like melting for a moment and then he's gone again because he hardly ever stops moving on stage. :lol: At M&G's it's either just really chilled and you feel like talking with a friend, or if he decides to give you that intense look while he's standing right in front of you, you just do get all shy and start forgetting what you were about to say. And now that I think about it, I really wonder whether he does that on purpose, just to confuse people. 😅 We used to joke that he steals people's brains, because in some old interview when asked what he finds attractive he said "brains". :naughty:

On 7/9/2021 at 4:57 PM, Hero said:

I think some have at gigs, especially in the early days, he had lots of teenage fans. And I think it still happens to some who are queueing for 24 hours or longer, but that's not mainly because of Mika. But I never saw or heard that it happened at a M&G.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mellody said:

or if he decides to give you that intense look while he's standing right in front of you, you just do get all shy and start forgetting what you were about to say.

I guess there's only one cure for that: Look back at him so intensely that he becomes quite shy himself. :naughty:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I guess there's only one cure for that: Look back at him so intensely that he becomes quite shy himself. :naughty:

Not sure about your brain, but mine can only do one thing at a time: when it’s turning to mush, I cannot do anything to unmush it for the life of me! Let alone tell it to stare back intensely :lol3:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Not sure about your brain, but mine can only do one thing at a time: when it’s turning to mush, I cannot do anything to unmush it for the life of me! Let alone tell it to stare back intensely :lol3:

Well, I meant stare back intensely when he just starts looking at you intensely, before you become shy. :wink2:

I say that now and when I see him I faint. :swoon:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

There will be a fainting spell among us I’m afraid :lol3:

I'll bring plenty of this, just in case. There's room in the tote bags. 

71MILfZzY3L._AC_SX450_.jpg

Edited by Hero
  • Haha 4

• 2 months later...
Campaign US

7 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:
Campaign US

https://www.campaignlive.com/article/indeeds-pride-campaign-mika-encouraged-authenticity-work/1729263

How Indeed’s Pride campaign with Mika encouraged authenticity at work

by Mariah Cooper Added 3 hours ago

The ‘#SoundtrackOfEmpathy’ campaign raised $40,000 for Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation.

Bringing your authentic self to work can be more than a challenge for the LGBTQ community. But Indeed wants everyone to find the support to safely share their stories and their identities at the office. 

In June, the job listings site launched a campaign for Pride month called #SoundtrackOfEmpathy, featuring pop singer Mika, which encouraged people to use music to express themselves. 

The campaign included a Spotify playlist challenge, where people shared their own Soundtracks of Empathy, and a live streamed benefit concert, which raised $40,000 for Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation. 

There was also an influencer roundtable featuring artists selected by Mika, who spoke about the shared language of music and how it naturally encourages empathy and sparks vulnerability. 

Mika was an ideal influencer for the campaign because of his own authenticity, said Jennifer Warren, VP, global brand marketing at Indeed. The singer’s hit song “Grace Kelly” has recently gone viral on TikTok with the “Grace Kelly Challenge.”

“He’s been a strong advocate of inclusivity throughout his career, and his greatest songs are purely authentic to him, even if they weren't on trend,” said Warren. “It really aligns with our values and desire for a world of work, where everyone brings their whole selves. Mika talks about music being a lifeline for him growing up. We felt like we could draw correlations between how music can unite us as a global community.”

The impact was effective. Mika’s YouTube concert received more than 170,000 views. Influencers created 85 pieces of content inspired by the global campaign, which received  173,000 engagements and 7 million impressions. There were 1,400 mentions of #SoundTrackOfEmpathy on social media, leading to 6.3 million impressions.

For Mika, it was important that Indeed gave him the “freedom” to artistically contribute to the campaign instead of “imposing the way that they wanted it.”

“[Indeed asked], ‘What would you as an artist do to provoke empathy around this subject?’, which is one very close to my heart,” Mika said. “And that was very empowering. I was able to think about it from a really artistic approach. It wasn’t just a concert. I really wanted it to be something that you wanted to watch, dive into and I could touch your heart.”

When partnering with brands, Mika looks for collaborations that make him and other members of the LGBTQ community feel like “normal people” — something he struggled with early in his career. 

“I remember auditioning for one of the biggest labels, and the head of that label said in front of my face, ‘It's all just a little bit too gay,’” Mika recalled. “In that moment is that humiliation that you feel when you're on the top floor of some fancy building in New York City and you're trying to get a record deal. You never forget, and it’s still quite an urgent subject.”

“We've become quite numb to basic endorsements,” he added “We need more of a deeper partnership in order to engage as an audience nowadays.”

Indeed has delivered with its overall #EmpathyatWork program, which provides resources about underrepresented groups in the workplace for employers and job seekers. As part of the program, Indeed launched  “A New Beginning” in June. The spot, starring actor River Gallo, showed the importance of using proper pronouns during job interviews.

Indeed | A New Beginning

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

This is pretty cool if anyone in the US is interested. 

https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=933999b447a85e64&from=iaBackPress

20211217_133230.thumb.png.a486be8d63dd79eee1489e076cbc0b9a.png

I would love this job but I'm not American and I don't use Tiktok 🙃

Great opportunity for someone though!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Maybe this is what Mika meant in his video saying to write down towns where people are under his post?

TO give them opportunity to work at the tour?????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Sounds like my dream job. :cloud: Where do I apply for a Green Card? :roftl:

• Haha 4

Wow, the term 'roadie' has evolved if it now covers Social Media marketing and comms - it used to mean the people in charge of lugging the equipment around, looking after the instruments and setting up the stage technics.

I guess if you're on the road, you're a roadie. :naughty:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

And for all the singles: it's already too late to marry an American, you don't get an American passport that quickly. :no:  :teehee:

Don't mind me, I'm just looking into how to apply for the US version of '90 day Fiancé' 😂

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

And for all the singles: it's already too late to marry an American, you don't get an American passport that quickly. :no:  :teehee:

It's actually a good excuse that I don't have the American passport, because even if I did, I wouldn't have a chance of getting the job. :lol3:

- Must have an existing and public presence on TikTok and/or Instagram with examples of your work

I don't have a Tiktok account and Instagram is still waiting for my first post of my own (so far I've only replied to a few existing posts). :teehee:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prisca said:

Not to mention those who are already married :lmfao:

Mika should have warned us way ahead :teehee:

Good luck to US fans who apply :crossed:

It would be so lovely if a fan got the job :wub2:

• Like 1