9 hours ago, SilviaM said:

Having a quick look at their Vimeo page, I found this video!☺️

Thank for sharing, it's really nice :flowers2:

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

my playlist would be Tomorrow basically :naughty: 

:hi5:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

If he sais that for the concert the 24th of June he will change outfits about 8 times so it means he will be singing a lot!!!!!!

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SilviaM said:

Yes, that’s why I actually wasn't sure whether to post it here or not but I wanted to share it because it's worth watching. :wub2:
If you think it's better to take it down and wait for Indeed to post it on Monday (if that's what it will be), I will delete the post.

Oh no, leave it up please! It's fun to see behind the scenes and reactions that might not make the final cut. :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Or just changing a lot :lol3: I hope both :thumb_yello:

Mmm, do you think he'll change on camera? :teehee: :das: No, I'm joking, I don't think so. Although to be fair, it wouldn't be the first time!

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

If he sais that for the concert the 24th of June he will change outfits about 8 times so it means he will be singing a lot!!!!!!

At least 8 songs. :wink2: Yay!

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Maybe he'll say Hello in 8 languages and change his outfit for every language :teehee:

That could be fun, a cultural fashion tour. Lets see... 

Hello

Bonjour

Buenos dias

Buongiorno

Bom dia

Guten tag

Ni hao

Konnichiwa

Annyeonghaseyo

Marhaba

Shalom

Sorry Mika, gonna need some more outfits! :naughty:

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, SilviaM said:

Yes, that’s why I actually wasn't sure whether to post it here or not but I wanted to share it because it's worth watching. :wub2:
If you think it's better to take it down and wait for Indeed to post it on Monday (if that's what it will be), I will delete the post.

Sorry, it actually wasn't meant for public consumption yet, so I've taken it down from here and from Twitter.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Sorry, it actually wasn't meant for public consumption yet, so I've taken it down from here and from Twitter.

Actually I was wondering when the video will be blocked/deleted from Vimeo.

But 30 minutes ago it was still there. 

I remember the situation with Ice Cream video. They blocked it very quickly. Well it's true we informed Mika about it.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 10:26 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

I am very sure the Mika from 12 years ago where he had fired 80% of his staff, is not the same Mika he is today.

Coming back to this. If you refer to the interview of "Ça finit bien la semaine" from 3rd of April, I understand that he fired 95 % by now (from the people who worked for him at the beginning), not back then. And I do understand him that it makes no sense to keep people working for you that don't understand you and think that organizing you a big venue for you to make there a concert without telling you is a good idea. My feeling is that he is a loyal soul and works with people for a long time if the chemistry is right (Yasmine, of course she is his sister, but I don't think that he would work with her, if the collaboration wouldn't work, Doriand, Max...)

J'avais une équipe, en fait j'ai pratiquement viré 95% maintenant, qui a pensé que c'était une super idée de me faire une petite surprise.

I had a team, in fact I've pretty much fired 95% of them now, who thought it was a great idea to make me a little surprise.

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

Coming back to this. If you refer to the interview of "Ça finit bien la semaine" from 3rd of April, I understand that he fired 95 % by now (from the people who worked for him at the beginning), not back then. And I do understand him that it makes no sense to keep people working for you that don't understand you and think that organizing you a big venue for you to make there a concert without telling you is a good idea. My feeling is that he is a loyal soul and works with people for a long time if the chemistry is right (Yasmine, of course she is his sister, but I don't think that he would work with her, if the collaboration wouldn't work, Doriand, Max...)

J'avais une équipe, en fait j'ai pratiquement viré 95% maintenant, qui a pensé que c'était une super idée de me faire une petite surprise.

I had a team, in fact I've pretty much fired 95% of them now, who thought it was a great idea to make me a little surprise.

Yes, as an artist he needs to be able to trust the people he works with. That old team effectively dumped him in an arena with no show and no time to prepare one. That could have gone very badly wrong, resulting in negative reviews, loss of fans, potentially a career killer. They may have had good intentions, but when you're paying a team to work in your best interests, you need to be able to trust that they'll make the right decions. And yes, I understood it as 95% by the date of the interview. 

Remember his birthday insta live talking about Tiny Love? "I don't want to be surrounded by assholes any more, and there are a lot of them in this industry."  Broke my heart a bit to be honest. 

That's also why I like his long-term collabs, you know there's a level of trust and understanding. Not just with other musicians, but also with people like Geraldine, blessed keeper of the exalted curls. :teehee:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2021 at 7:34 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

Btw, did anyone make a playlist yet? I felt very happy and nostalgic putting it together, but sharing it felt weirdly vulnerable.

Did anyone else feel the same? 

As I said before, I wouldn't share it with colleagues. But as I'm not connected with colleagues on socials, but mostly with Mika fans, I don't mind much to share it. I suppose it shows pretty well how weird I am, but in the Mika world it's ok to be weird. 😊

On 6/12/2021 at 8:47 AM, crazyaboutmika said:

I can't. I buy my music. I don't like streaming aps...and I almost only listen to Mika anyway :lmao:

Same, but I installed the free version of Spotify for this purpose. You can't listen to individual songs with that, only to playlists in shuffle mode or a few seconds of each song. But you can create and share a playlist.

On 6/12/2021 at 10:36 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I really want to but like @crazyaboutmika said I'm also not keen on streaming apps because I buy music instead, I might do it through YouTube though. It's a shame that you can't share links on IG stories without having 10000 followers though 😕. I guess I could always use twitter.

With Spotify you can share a playlist, it'll show as a link to Spotify below the username in your story. I suppose it might be because I'm logged into Spotify with my Facebook account, and Instagram belongs to FB. :dunno_grin:

15 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Damn, I missed it! :crybaby: Had no time yesterday. I hope they won't cut it too much for tomorrow's release. :tears: How long was it?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mellody said:

Damn, I missed it! :crybaby: Had no time yesterday. I hope they won't cut it too much for tomorrow's release. :tears: How long was it?

I missed it too ....

Maybe if the final editing is much cut , may we have the original version back after monday ?

Didn't have time to make a playlist neither ......so many songs that I love , can't make a choice :biggrin2:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

I think it was 44 minutes, though I don't think they're going to cut too much. :original:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

but I installed the free version of Spotify for this purpose. You can't listen to individual songs with that, only to playlists in shuffle mode or a few seconds of each song. But you can create and share a playlist.

This is why I'm not really a big fan of Spotify and I'm not willing to pay extra for the premium version when youtube is free, and besides Spotify doesn't show you Mika's awesome videos! 

I've finally created a playlist which I shared on IG but I don't mind sharing it here too:

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-qhMzj0DAdzK5fXzOXK0gGslgethbF6h

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Prisca said:

I understand that he fired 95 % by now (from the people who worked for him at the beginning), not back then.

Ahhh, thank you! Either way, he fired a lot of people since then, pretty much his entire team has changed.

Personally, having worked for 14 years in my current profession, my interaction and communication with my colleagues is very different now than it would’ve been back then. I know much more what I want and how I want it, and if it doesn’t work I will not endlessly put effort in it to make it work - and I will make this very clear early, rather than later. If it means changing the team or firing a person, so be it. It’s better for all involved. So I can understand this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mellody said:

I wouldn't share it with colleagues. But as I'm not connected with colleagues on socials, but mostly with Mika fans, I don't mind much to share it. I suppose it shows pretty well how weird I am, but in the Mika world it's ok to be weird. 😊

Yes! Mine is all over the place.. I loved Deb’s reaction “it’s okay” :lol3: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Yes! Mine is all over the place.. I loved Deb’s reaction “it’s okay” :lol3: 

I didn't mean "OK" in a mediocre sense! I meant, "Yeah, I approve!"  When it comes to eclectic, I think the more all over the place it is, the better! I mean, did you see mine? I threw in a little bit of everything but the kitchen sink! :insane:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4