Mika's collaboration with Indeed, June 2021

mellody

I can't wait for the virtual concert ! I'm so happy it's at this time, so I can watch it immediately !  ^_^ 

I was also thinking of my own soundtrack of empathy, but  it's hard to choose. Plus, more than half of my life was illustrated by Mika's songs. Something tell me it will be a little... unbalanced :lol3:  But still, I find the idea wonderful, so, when I got the time, I will make one.

As for Mika's, for the moment, I didn't have the time to really interpret it as I would love to. I wonder if he will explain some of its while the virtual concert...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Prisca said:

"I'm changing the colours of my skin". :wink2:

It'd be awesome if we got to hear that song at the concert! :fangurl: I won't hold my breath, but dreaming is nice. :cloud:

• Like 6

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQbsxuph-1g/

mikainstagram

So happy to share a new project that I have produced and written, to celebrate Pride this year, in partnership with @indeedworks STREAMING JUNE 24TH on my @youtube channel.

New concepts, new ideas and amazing stories. So proud to be proud this #Pride.

Be sure to join us this Thursday at 14:00 New York Time | 20:00 Paris Time | 19:00 London Time

#SoundtrackofEmpathy
📷 @danilodauriafoto

206868545_158359086282146_5858954259095320033_n.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

ELLE Québec

22 juin 2021

ellequebec.com

4 questions à Mika sur son concert à l'occasion de la Fierté

Parlez-nous de l’initiative mise sur pied avec Indeed dans le cadre de la Fierté.

En général, je suis assez méfiant des partenariats développés autour d’un message social. Mais voilà, Indeed m’a proposé de monter un projet où j’allais avoir une liberté totale et dans lequel j’étais appelé à valoriser l’idée de l’empathie, en écho à la Fierté. J’ai donc décidé de monter un concert incluant des performances super stylées et des entrevues avec des membres de la communauté LGBTQ+ comme une serveuse, un producteur de podcast, un pdg… Je leur ai demandé ce que représentait pour eux l’empathie, la Fierté, à quoi ça sert… Et ma performance répond à leurs confidences, à ce qu’ils ont eu la générosité de partager avec nous. Je dirais que ce concert est comme un voyage de 45 minutes, où on voit la vie et ma musique d’une nouvelle perspective.

Diriez-vous que l’idée de l’empathie est une valeur qui vous influence en tant que meneur d’une équipe créative?

Dans le travail d’équipe, il faut de la rigueur et il existe une forme de pression. Mais il devrait toujours y avoir la possibilité de s’exprimer et de sortir de la norme «supposée», sans être pénalisé. Accepter de sortir de la norme, c’est une occasion de révéler son plein potentiel, de sortir des carcans habituels, de créer en évitant de redire et de refaire perpétuellement les mêmes choses. Ce qui m’anime sincèrement, c’est qu’à la fin de journée, mes musiciens et collaborateurs soient fiers de ce qu’ils ont accompli. Je veux qu’ils se sentent libres et en mesure de continuer à évoluer. Mon équipe, c’est un microclimat créatif! Nous sommes 30 qui travaillons à temps plein, et autour de 100 à temps partiel. Et je dirais que l’importance de «ne pas s’imposer de normes» nous habite tous viscéralement.

Croyez-vous que la musique puisse être un vecteur d’empathie chez les gens?

La musique, et la performance qui la véhicule, c’est de la magie! C’est un vrai phénomène: ça débloque les gens! Que ce soit au Centre Bell ou au Théâtre Corona, je le vois parmi mes spectateurs. Ils entrent dans la salle, et ils conservent d’abord une forteresse invisible entre eux. Et puis, tout à coup, après dix minutes de show, je les vois devant moi, d’un coup, sortir de leur coquille, puis connecter entre eux et avec eux-mêmes. La musique fait ça! Que ce soit à New York, Londres ou Montréal, je le constate systématiquement dans mes concerts, et chez toutes sortes de personnes, de tous les âges, de tous les horizons. Je pense que la musique peut être à la fois douce et anarchique, qu’elle peut provoquer la liberté, l’empathie, et qu’elle a un réel poids culturel. Elle peut changer le regard des gens. Et ça, c’est la chose la plus délicieuse de notre métier.

Que signifient pour vous les célébrations déclinées autour de la Fierté?

C’est un rappel que c’est mieux de vivre avec la fierté que la honte. Vous savez, même quand j’avais 14 ans et que je n’avais pas le courage d’aller participer à un défilé de la Fierté, ça me faisait du bien de savoir que ça existait. C’est pour ça que c’est important, même pour ceux qui n’y sont pas physiquement! C’est un espace qui existe. Et c’est fondamental.

Diffusion le 24 juin, à 14 h, sur la chaîne YouTube de Mika. Extrait.

:uk: Google translator

4 questions to Mika about his concert on the occasion of Pride

Tell us about the initiative started with Indeed as part of Pride.

In general, I am quite suspicious of partnerships developed around a social message. But now, Indeed offered me to set up a project where I was going to have total freedom and in which I was called to promote the idea of empathy, echoing Pride. So I decided to put on a concert including super stylish performances and interviews with members of the LGBTQ + community such as a waitress, a podcast producer, a CEO… I asked them what empathy meant to them, Pride, what's the point… And my performance responds to their confidences, to what they had the generosity to share with us. I would say this concert is like a 45 minute trip, where you see life and my music from a new perspective.

Would you say that the idea of empathy is a value that influences you as a leader of a creative team?

In teamwork, you need discipline and there is a form of pressure. But there should always be the ability to speak up and step outside of the "supposed" norm, without being penalized. Accepting to go beyond the norm is an opportunity to reveal your full potential, to get out of the usual shackles, to create without repeating and over and over again. What drives me sincerely is that at the end of the day, my musicians and collaborators are proud of what they have accomplished. I want them to feel free and able to continue to evolve. My team is a creative microclimate! There are 30 of us working full time, and around 100 part time. And I would say that the importance of "not setting standards" is deeply rooted in all of us.

Do you think music can be a vehicle for empathy in people?

Music, and the performance that carries it, is magic! It's a real phenomenon: it unlocks people! Whether at the Bell Center or the Corona Theater, I see him among my spectators. They enter the room, and first they keep an invisible fortress between them. And then all of a sudden, after ten minutes of a show, I see them in front of me, all of a sudden, come out of their shells, then connect with each other and with themselves. Music does that! Whether in New York, London or Montreal, I see it systematically in my concerts, and in all kinds of people, of all ages, from all walks of life. I think music can be both sweet and lawless, it can spark freedom, empathy, and it has real cultural weight. It can change the way people look. And that is the most delicious thing in our business.

What do the Pride celebrations mean to you?

It’s a reminder that it’s better to live with pride than shame. You know, even when I was 14 and didn't have the guts to go in a Pride parade, it felt good to know it existed. That's why it's important, even for those who aren't physically there! It is a space that exists. And this is fundamental.

Airing June 24, 2 p.m., on Mika's YouTube channel.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Vanity Fair Italy - lots of photos.

https://www.vanityfair.it/music/storie-music/2021/06/23/mika-intervista-empatia-porta-verso-tolleranza-concerto-foto-gossip?fullscreen=true&gid=133044&pid=0&refresh_ce=#from_amp

Mika: «L'empatia, la vera porta verso la tolleranza»

Il cantautore libanese, che il 24 giugno, insieme a «Indeed», sarà protagonista di un concerto speciale su Youtube - ci racconta la sua playlist dell'empatia, «la chiave per aprire mente e cuore». E l'ultima volta che si è sentito davvero libero

Per raccontare Mika ai pochi – pochissimi – che non lo conoscessero ancora, si potrebbero usare queste parole: artista, istrionico, cittadino del mondo, attivista. Nato a Beirut, cresciuto in Gran Bretagna prima di esplorare una buona parte del globo, il cantautore – presenza amata del nostro X-Factor – non si è mai tirato indietro, né nella vita, né nel corso della sua carriera. Le sue battaglie – contro l’omofobia, contro il bullismo, a sensibilizzazione della dislessia, solo per citarne alcune – le ha sempre portate avanti mettendoci il cuore e la faccia.

Il 37enne ora, nel mese del Pride, è ambasciatore della nuova campagna di Indeed, #SoundtrackOfEmpathy, che incoraggia ognuno di noi a essere se stesso in qualsiasi momento e luogo, anche sul posto di lavoro. Mika, per ribadire il potere della musica, ha creato una playlist dell’empatia, e sarà protagonista di un concerto speciale. Il 24 giugno, alle 21 sul canale ufficiale YouTube di Mika, sarà il tempo di un momento intimo e contemporaneamente di un abbraccio virtuale e universale. Indeed devolverà anche 40 mila dollari alla Born This Way Foundation, organizzazione non-profit fondata da Lady Gaga e un dollaro per ogni stream del concerto, fino a 40 mila dollari.

Che cosa significa empatia?
«
È un concetto molto grande che inizia dai piccoli gesti. Per me empatia vuol dire lasciare spazio ai pensieri, alle emozioni, ai sentimenti di un’altra persona. Senza fare sempre paragoni con la propria vita, senza cercare di valutare se una persona abbia ragione o meno, semplicemente rispettando la vita altrui senza giudicare».

Come si fa?
«È fondamentale stare bene con se stessi, permette di sbloccare il potenziale umano ed emozionale di una persona. Inoltre per chiedere agli altri di mostrare empatia nello sguardo che hanno su di te, devi lasciargli la possibilità di conoscerti, non puoi nasconderti».

Quali sono i suoi piccoli gesti?
«Io torno sempre alla musica e all’arte. La musica e l’arte hanno questo potere incredibile di generare empatia anche quando sembra impossibile. Tra le cose negative dela pandemia c’è stata anche la chiusura dei musei, dei teatri, la cancellazione dei concerti.  È importante andare a un concerto con 10 mila persone che non conosci, perché senza capire letteralmente quello che sta succend la tua anima prende ispirazione da quel momento colletivo, si muove l’onda. Mi piace pensare che ci sia una linea di empatia mondiale che possa collegarci tutti, e durante quei momenti si mette in modo».

Quanto le è mancato non potere salire sul palco in questo periodo?
«Sono rimasto molto più colpito da un fan che dice “non ho potuto ascoltare la tua musica”».

Ha raccontato più volte di essere stato vittima di bullismo, quand’era ragazzino. Oggi pensa che succederebbe ancora?
«Ci sono posti dove c’è tanta tolleranza, dove si tiene conto che siamo costruiti sull’idea di amarci e di rispettare tutti i diversi punti di vista. Poi ci sono altri posti e altri punti di vista molto intolleranti. Una soluzione potrebbe essere quella di circondarsi di persone che capiscono la tua vita ma non dov’essere così, devi sentirti libero di andare in qualsiasi posto e sapere che il rispetto per te sia garantito. Quando una persona si sente rispettata può solo provocare altre cose buone. La tolleranza genera tolleranza, l’ottimismo genera successo. La rabbia, invece, genera divisione e negatività».

L’ultima volta che si è sentito davvero libero?
«Tanti artisti dicono che si sentono liberi sul palco, ma secondo me quella è una bugia. Perché li sei già su una pedana di quattro metri, hai tante persone di fronte a te,  c’è gioia, adrenalina, ma non libertà totale. Dimentichiamo allora il palco, per me la libertà è musica, è arte, ma quando sono spettatore. Quando sono in un museo e vedo una cosa che mi fa capire che c’è un altro modo di vedere il mondo intorno. Le nostre credenze sono importanti ma sono anche una sorta di gabbia».

Come sarà il concerto del 24 giugno?
«Abbiamo girato a New York, Los Angeles e Milano, e ho voluto mischiare musica e parlato. Io parlo e canto, ci sono colori, musica ed energia. E poi ho deciso di inserire una serie di interventi, tutti su un fondo bianco che poi diventa colorato. C’è un cameriere, un agente di musica, una drag queen, che ha deciso di non fare più la drag, ma di tornare a quello che aveva studiato e cioè a insegnare matematica».

L’arte passa dalla diversità, dalla libertà?
«
La chiave è l’empatia. L’empatia è la porta verso la tolleranza, avere empatia significa aprire mente e cuore».

Google translation:

The Lebanese singer-songwriter, who on June 24, together with «Indeed», will be the protagonist of a special concert on Youtube - tells us about his playlist of empathy, «the key to open mind and heart». And the last time he really felt free

To tell Mika to the few - very few - who did not yet know him, these words could be used: artist, histrionic, citizen of the world, activist. Born in Beirut, raised in Great Britain before exploring a good part of the globe, the singer-songwriter - a beloved presence of our X-Factor - has never pulled back, neither in life nor in the course of his career. His battles - against homophobia, against bullying, to raise awareness of dyslexia, just to name a few - he has always carried on with his heart and face.

The 37-year-old is now an ambassador for Indeed's new campaign, #SoundtrackOfEmpathy, which encourages each of us to be ourselves at any time and place, even in the workplace. Mika, to reaffirm the power of music, has created an empathy playlist, and will be the protagonist of a special concert. On June 24th, at 9pm on Mika's official YouTube channel, it will be time for an intimate moment and at the same time a virtual and universal embrace. Indeed will also donate $ 40,000 to the Born This Way Foundation, a non-profit organization founded by Lady Gaga and $ 1 for each concert stream, up to $ 40,000.

What does empathy mean?
«It's a very big concept that starts with small gestures. For me, empathy means leaving room for the thoughts, emotions, feelings of another person. Without always making comparisons with one's own life, without trying to assess whether a person is right or not, simply respecting the life of others without judging ».

How you do it?
«It is essential to feel good about yourself, it allows you to unlock the human and emotional potential of a person. Furthermore, to ask others to show empathy in the gaze they have on you, you must give them the opportunity to know you, you cannot hide ».

What are his little gestures?
"I always go back to music and art. Music and art have this incredible power to generate empathy even when it seems impossible. Among the negative things of the pandemic there was also the closure of museums, theaters, the cancellation of concerts. It is important to go to a concert with 10,000 people you don't know, because without literally understanding what's going on, your soul takes inspiration from that collective moment, the wave moves. I like to think that there is a line of world empathy that can connect us all, and during those moments it gets in the way.

How much did you miss not being able to go on stage during this period?
«I was much more impressed by a fan who says 'I couldn't hear your music'».

He has said several times that he was bullied when he was a kid. Does he think it would happen again today?
"There are places where there is a lot of tolerance, where it is taken into account that we are built on the idea of loving each other and respecting all the different points of view. Then there are other places and other very intolerant points of view. One solution could be to surround yourself with people who understand your life but shouldn't be like that, you need to feel free to go anywhere and know that respect for you is guaranteed. When a person feels respected it can only cause other good things. Tolerance breeds tolerance, optimism breeds success. Anger, on the other hand, generates division and negativity ».

The last time he felt really free?
“Many artists say they feel free on stage, but in my opinion that's a lie. Because you are already there on a four-meter platform, you have many people in front of you, there is joy, adrenaline, but not total freedom. So let's forget the stage, for me freedom is music, it's art, but when I'm a spectator. When I am in a museum and I see something that makes me understand that there is another way of seeing the world around. Our beliefs are important but they are also a kind of cage ».

How will the concert on June 24th be?
“We shot in New York, Los Angeles and Milan, and I wanted to mix music and talk. I speak and sing, there are colors, music and energy. And then I decided to insert a series of interventions, all on a white background which then becomes colored. There is a waiter, a music agent, a drag queen, who has decided not to drag anymore, but to go back to what she had studied and that is to teach mathematics ".

Does art pass from diversity, from freedom?
"The key is empathy. Empathy is the door to tolerance, having empathy means opening your mind and heart ".

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Vanity Fair Italia

vanityfair.it

Il cantautore libanese, che il 24 giugno, insieme a «Indeed», sarà protagonista di un concerto speciale su Youtube - ci racconta la sua playlist dell'empatia, «la chiave per aprire mente e cuore». E l'ultima volta che si è sentito davvero libero

Per raccontare Mika ai pochi – pochissimi – che non lo conoscessero ancora, si potrebbero usare queste parole: artista, istrionico, cittadino del mondo, attivista. Nato a Beirut, cresciuto in Gran Bretagna prima di esplorare una buona parte del globo, il cantautore – presenza amata del nostro X-Factor – non si è mai tirato indietro, né nella vita, né nel corso della sua carriera. Le sue battaglie – contro l’omofobia, contro il bullismo, a sensibilizzazione della dislessia, solo per citarne alcune – le ha sempre portate avanti mettendoci il cuore e la faccia.

Il 37enne ora, nel mese del Pride, è ambasciatore della nuova campagna di Indeed, #SoundtrackOfEmpathy, che incoraggia ognuno di noi a essere se stesso in qualsiasi momento e luogo, anche sul posto di lavoro. Mika, per ribadire il potere della musica, ha creato una playlist dell’empatia, e sarà protagonista di un concerto speciale. Il 24 giugno, alle 21 sul canale ufficiale YouTube di Mika, sarà il tempo di un momento intimo e contemporaneamente di un abbraccio virtuale e universale. Indeed devolverà anche 40 mila dollari alla Born This Way Foundation, organizzazione non-profit fondata da Lady Gaga e un dollaro per ogni stream del concerto, fino a 40 mila dollari.

«È un concetto molto grande che inizia dai piccoli gesti. Per me empatia vuol dire lasciare spazio ai pensieri, alle emozioni, ai sentimenti di un’altra persona. Senza fare sempre paragoni con la propria vita, senza cercare di valutare se una persona abbia ragione o meno, semplicemente rispettando la vita altrui senza giudicare».

Come si fa?
«È fondamentale stare bene con se stessi, permette di sbloccare il potenziale umano ed emozionale di una persona. Inoltre per chiedere agli altri di mostrare empatia nello sguardo che hanno su di te, devi lasciargli la possibilità di conoscerti, non puoi nasconderti».

«Io torno sempre alla musica e all’arte. La musica e l’arte hanno questo potere incredibile di generare empatia anche quando sembra impossibile. Tra le cose negative dela pandemia c’è stata anche la chiusura dei musei, dei teatri, la cancellazione dei concerti.  È importante andare a un concerto con 10 mila persone che non conosci, perché senza capire letteralmente quello che sta succend la tua anima prende ispirazione da quel momento colletivo, si muove l’onda. Mi piace pensare che ci sia una linea di empatia mondiale che possa collegarci tutti, e durante quei momenti si mette in modo».

«Sono rimasto molto più colpito da un fan che dice “non ho potuto ascoltare la tua musica”».

Ha raccontato più volte di essere stato vittima di bullismo, quand’era ragazzino. Oggi pensa che succederebbe ancora?
«Ci sono posti dove c’è tanta tolleranza, dove si tiene conto che siamo costruiti sull’idea di amarci e di rispettare tutti i diversi punti di vista. Poi ci sono altri posti e altri punti di vista molto intolleranti. Una soluzione potrebbe essere quella di circondarsi di persone che capiscono la tua vita ma non dov’essere così, devi sentirti libero di andare in qualsiasi posto e sapere che il rispetto per te sia garantito. Quando una persona si sente rispettata può solo provocare altre cose buone. La tolleranza genera tolleranza, l’ottimismo genera successo. La rabbia, invece, genera divisione e negatività».

«Tanti artisti dicono che si sentono liberi sul palco, ma secondo me quella è una bugia. Perché li sei già su una pedana di quattro metri, hai tante persone di fronte a te,  c’è gioia, adrenalina, ma non libertà totale. Dimentichiamo allora il palco, per me la libertà è musica, è arte, ma quando sono spettatore. Quando sono in un museo e vedo una cosa che mi fa capire che c’è un altro modo di vedere il mondo intorno. Le nostre credenze sono importanti ma sono anche una sorta di gabbia».

«Abbiamo girato a New York, Los Angeles e Milano, e ho voluto mischiare musica e parlato. Io parlo e canto, ci sono colori, musica ed energia. E poi ho deciso di inserire una serie di interventi, tutti su un fondo bianco che poi diventa colorato. C’è un cameriere, un agente di musica, una drag queen, che ha deciso di non fare più la drag, ma di tornare a quello che aveva studiato e cioè a insegnare matematica».

«La chiave è l’empatia. L’empatia è la porta verso la tolleranza, avere empatia significa aprire mente e cuore».

Mika: "Empathy, the real door to tolerance"

The Lebanese singer-songwriter, who on June 24, together with «Indeed», will be the protagonist of a special concert on Youtube - tells us about his playlist of empathy, «the key to open mind and heart». And the last time he really felt free

To tell Mika to the few - very few - who did not yet know him, these words could be used: artist, histrionic, citizen of the world, activist. Born in Beirut, raised in Great Britain before exploring a good part of the globe, the singer-songwriter - a beloved presence of our X-Factor - has never pulled back, neither in life nor in the course of his career. His battles - against homophobia, against bullying, to raise awareness of dyslexia, just to name a few - he has always carried on with his heart and face.

The 37-year-old is now an ambassador for Indeed's new campaign, #SoundtrackOfEmpathy, which encourages each of us to be ourselves anytime and anywhere, even in the workplace. Mika, to reaffirm the power of music, has created an empathy playlist, and will be the protagonist of a special concert. On June 24, at 9 pm on Mika's official YouTube channel, it will be time for an intimate moment and at the same time a virtual and universal embrace. Indeed will also donate $ 40,000 to the Born This Way Foundation, a non-profit organization founded by Lady Gaga and $ 1 for each concert stream, up to $ 40,000.

What does empathy mean?

«It's a very big concept that starts with small gestures. For me, empathy means leaving room for the thoughts, emotions, feelings of another person. Without always making comparisons with one's own life, without trying to assess whether a person is right or not, simply respecting the life of others without judging ».

How you do it?

«It is essential to feel good about yourself, it allows you to unlock the human and emotional potential of a person. Furthermore, to ask others to show empathy in the gaze they have on you, you must give them the opportunity to get to know you, you cannot hide ».

"I always go back to music and art. Music and art have this incredible power to generate empathy even when it seems impossible. Among the negative things of the pandemic there was also the closure of museums, theaters, the cancellation of concerts. It is important to go to a concert with 10,000 people you don't know, because without literally understanding what's going on, your soul takes inspiration from that collective moment, the wave moves. I like to think that there is a line of world empathy that can connect us all, and during those moments it gets in the way ».

He has said several times that he was bullied when he was a kid. Does he think it would happen again today?

"There are places where there is a lot of tolerance, where it is taken into account that we are built on the idea of loving each other and respecting all the different points of view. Then there are other places and other very intolerant points of view. One solution could be to surround yourself with people who understand your life but shouldn't be like that, you need to feel free to go anywhere and know that respect for you is guaranteed. When a person feels respected it can only cause other good things. Tolerance breeds tolerance, optimism breeds success. Anger, on the other hand, generates division and negativity ».

“Many artists say they feel free on stage, but in my opinion that's a lie. Because you are already there on a four-meter platform, you have many people in front of you, there is joy, adrenaline, but not total freedom. So let's forget the stage, for me freedom is music, it's art, but when I'm a spectator. When I am in a museum and I see something that makes me understand that there is another way of seeing the world around. Our beliefs are important but they are also a kind of cage ».

“We shot in New York, Los Angeles and Milan, and I wanted to mix music and talk. I speak and sing, there are colors, music and energy. And then I decided to insert a series of interventions, all on a white background which then becomes colored. There is a waiter, a music agent, a drag queen, who has decided not to drag anymore, but to return to what she had studied and that is to teach mathematics ".

"The key is empathy. Empathy is the door to tolerance, having empathy means opening your mind and heart ".

PICS

https://www.vanityfair.it/music/storie-music/2021/06/23/mika-intervista-empatia-porta-verso-tolleranza-concerto-foto-gossip

0353449a-12fd-444e-bc6a-708e1978a222.thumb.png.48fd00c11385db50e73c060be3fe18ca.png

14510b36-d671-40c7-ab0c-65169b679c02_q70.thumb.jpg.bc379eb5248d5bb750700a0da30df507.jpg

f1e55006-4761-4142-a40f-e87b06333cc0_q70.thumb.jpg.ea5f53c4ee6043ca7422bf363011dfb4.jpg

645e6f51-5b87-41f5-b48e-1771f3ec17a2_q70.thumb.jpg.529b4a7c79d2291484f8487745fb3ec0.jpg

28d44633-5aab-4967-8d26-fd851d3446a0_q70.thumb.jpg.a387813a27000218de1e1be6a770aa92.jpg

f0559532-ab78-4048-b01a-817302d0d67a_q70.thumb.jpg.bca5a3674734c911ad697e8e19214e02.jpg

c9d684f1-900e-4c12-ae3c-956b994bd1d1_q70.thumb.jpg.7f3302be4a5645587f086331301361ad.jpg

8b4bd336-a172-4764-a86f-5bf213ba3203_q70.thumb.jpg.1e6393c6116e69e3c0b463c3780a489d.jpg

60f103c1-7934-4bba-b16e-9ee9d030ad3b_q70.thumb.jpg.346ff74f22f6522554c9f39b9a4583fb.jpg

80de40cb-1cd4-431f-a569-42f9e44e4b49_q70.thumb.jpg.02d5d992b961b084c359e52291065e30.jpg

a6566d16-0ed1-4f17-a507-fe3270e108ea_q70.thumb.jpg.b5d0f7bcd79233cb4ed887ff2b0ae9e9.jpg

566ab847-ea7a-41db-9818-0255577445b1_q70.thumb.jpg.fd097c1c748d8da70b9e1b16e9a3ba77.jpg

0a01dbda-9cc1-4946-afd8-217859916605_q70.thumb.jpg.abd955368732d3632964e9fd13d430b3.jpg

5345fcce-8182-4756-af88-654b077a1be3_q70.thumb.jpg.f41cb20b43f28b4fca959aa931837944.jpg

54ed5ac1-7813-4bda-9832-9493c6f625a3_q70.thumb.jpg.92bae04db88d23b61b38be52a26e6309.jpg

8c3d3ef8-c5b3-47c5-98b1-f6e6fb989ab3_q70.thumb.jpg.144dd212dc6a843482223a2dbd53ea61.jpg

60941b02-30c6-4fc4-b39a-491855638555_q70.thumb.jpg.8928c4a2b306cc903255c587c097a565.jpg

23d5bdb1-837f-4a21-8429-723197a19984_q70.thumb.jpg.10cd673768596fd350bd1b6668e6d8c1.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much. More the time passes, and the more I'm waitig to see this concert. 

Don't know why exacrly, but each time he's speaking about tolerance and break the norms, I'm feeling all warm inside. And what he says about the concerts, where we're opening at each other... It's so true. It's exactly how I feel it. Especially since in my everyday life, I'm pretty solitary and rarely feel connected to people. Excepted when I'm in a pit of a Mika's concert ! It's one of the only occasions where I feel perfectly fine with so much people. 

• Like 7

On 6/22/2021 at 12:18 PM, mellody said:

It'd be awesome if we got to hear that song at the concert! :fangurl: I won't hold my breath, but dreaming is nice. :cloud:

Yes :cloud: and the photos up there :swoon:

This is going to be such an amazing, fabulous, fantastic, out of this world concert :fangurl:

I love Beirut is so special :wub2:and I have a feeling this one will be even more special :wub2:

And if he blesses us with new songs I think my heart will explode :mikalove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

Thank you so much. More the time passes, and the more I'm waitig to see this concert. 

Don't know why exacrly, but each time he's speaking about tolerance and break the norms, I'm feeling all warm inside. And what he says about the concerts, where we're opening at each other... It's so true. It's exactly how I feel it. Especially since in my everyday life, I'm pretty solitary and rarely feel connected to people. Excepted when I'm in a pit of a Mika's concert ! It's one of the only occasions where I feel perfectly fine with so much people. 

I think he spreads love and happiness for all of us :hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Vanity Fair Italia

vanityfair.it

Per raccontare Mika ai pochi – pochissimi – che non lo conoscessero ancora, si potrebbero usare queste parole: artista, istrionico, cittadino del mondo, attivista. Nato a Beirut, cresciuto in Gran Bretagna prima di esplorare una buona parte del globo, il cantautore – presenza amata del nostro X-Factor – non si è mai tirato indietro, né nella vita, né nel corso della sua carriera. Le sue battaglie – contro l’omofobia, contro il bullismo, a sensibilizzazione della dislessia, solo per citarne alcune – le ha sempre portate avanti mettendoci il cuore e la faccia.

Il 37enne ora, nel mese del Pride, è ambasciatore della nuova campagna di Indeed, #SoundtrackOfEmpathy, che incoraggia ognuno di noi a essere se stesso in qualsiasi momento e luogo, anche sul posto di lavoro. Mika, per ribadire il potere della musica, ha creato una playlist dell’empatia, e sarà protagonista di un concerto speciale. Il 24 giugno, alle 21 sul canale ufficiale YouTube di Mika, sarà il tempo di un momento intimo e contemporaneamente di un abbraccio virtuale e universale. Indeed devolverà anche 40 mila dollari alla Born This Way Foundation, organizzazione non-profit fondata da Lady Gaga e un dollaro per ogni stream del concerto, fino a 40 mila dollari.

«È un concetto molto grande che inizia dai piccoli gesti. Per me empatia vuol dire lasciare spazio ai pensieri, alle emozioni, ai sentimenti di un’altra persona. Senza fare sempre paragoni con la propria vita, senza cercare di valutare se una persona abbia ragione o meno, semplicemente rispettando la vita altrui senza giudicare».

Come si fa?

«La chiave è l’empatia. L’empatia è la porta verso la tolleranza, avere empatia significa aprire mente e cuore».

Mika: "Empathy, the real door to tolerance"

The 37-year-old is now an ambassador for Indeed's new campaign, #SoundtrackOfEmpathy, which encourages each of us to be ourselves anytime and anywhere, even in the workplace. Mika, to reaffirm the power of music, has created an empathy playlist, and will be the protagonist of a special concert. On June 24, at 9 pm on Mika's official YouTube channel, it will be time for an intimate moment and at the same time a virtual and universal embrace. Indeed will also donate $ 40,000 to the Born This Way Foundation, a non-profit organization founded by Lady Gaga and $ 1 for each concert stream, up to $ 40,000.

What does empathy mean?

How you do it?

«It is essential to feel good about yourself, it allows you to unlock the human and emotional potential of a person. Furthermore, to ask others to show empathy in the gaze they have on you, you must give them the opportunity to get to know you, you cannot hide ».

"I always go back to music and art. Music and art have this incredible power to generate empathy even when it seems impossible. Among the negative things of the pandemic there was also the closure of museums, theaters, the cancellation of concerts. It is important to go to a concert with 10,000 people you don't know, because without literally understanding what's going on, your soul takes inspiration from that collective moment, the wave moves. I like to think that there is a line of world empathy that can connect us all, and during those moments it gets in the way ».

“We shot in New York, Los Angeles and Milan, and I wanted to mix music and talk. I speak and sing, there are colors, music and energy. And then I decided to insert a series of interventions, all on a white background which then becomes colored. There is a waiter, a music agent, a drag queen, who has decided not to drag anymore, but to return to what she had studied and that is to teach mathematics ".

PICS

https://www.vanityfair.it/music/storie-music/2021/06/23/mika-intervista-empatia-porta-verso-tolleranza-concerto-foto-gossip

0353449a-12fd-444e-bc6a-708e1978a222.thumb.png.48fd00c11385db50e73c060be3fe18ca.png

14510b36-d671-40c7-ab0c-65169b679c02_q70.thumb.jpg.bc379eb5248d5bb750700a0da30df507.jpg

f1e55006-4761-4142-a40f-e87b06333cc0_q70.thumb.jpg.ea5f53c4ee6043ca7422bf363011dfb4.jpg

645e6f51-5b87-41f5-b48e-1771f3ec17a2_q70.thumb.jpg.529b4a7c79d2291484f8487745fb3ec0.jpg

28d44633-5aab-4967-8d26-fd851d3446a0_q70.thumb.jpg.a387813a27000218de1e1be6a770aa92.jpg

f0559532-ab78-4048-b01a-817302d0d67a_q70.thumb.jpg.bca5a3674734c911ad697e8e19214e02.jpg

c9d684f1-900e-4c12-ae3c-956b994bd1d1_q70.thumb.jpg.7f3302be4a5645587f086331301361ad.jpg

8b4bd336-a172-4764-a86f-5bf213ba3203_q70.thumb.jpg.1e6393c6116e69e3c0b463c3780a489d.jpg

60f103c1-7934-4bba-b16e-9ee9d030ad3b_q70.thumb.jpg.346ff74f22f6522554c9f39b9a4583fb.jpg

80de40cb-1cd4-431f-a569-42f9e44e4b49_q70.thumb.jpg.02d5d992b961b084c359e52291065e30.jpg

a6566d16-0ed1-4f17-a507-fe3270e108ea_q70.thumb.jpg.b5d0f7bcd79233cb4ed887ff2b0ae9e9.jpg

566ab847-ea7a-41db-9818-0255577445b1_q70.thumb.jpg.fd097c1c748d8da70b9e1b16e9a3ba77.jpg

0a01dbda-9cc1-4946-afd8-217859916605_q70.thumb.jpg.abd955368732d3632964e9fd13d430b3.jpg

5345fcce-8182-4756-af88-654b077a1be3_q70.thumb.jpg.f41cb20b43f28b4fca959aa931837944.jpg

54ed5ac1-7813-4bda-9832-9493c6f625a3_q70.thumb.jpg.92bae04db88d23b61b38be52a26e6309.jpg

8c3d3ef8-c5b3-47c5-98b1-f6e6fb989ab3_q70.thumb.jpg.144dd212dc6a843482223a2dbd53ea61.jpg

60941b02-30c6-4fc4-b39a-491855638555_q70.thumb.jpg.8928c4a2b306cc903255c587c097a565.jpg

23d5bdb1-837f-4a21-8429-723197a19984_q70.thumb.jpg.10cd673768596fd350bd1b6668e6d8c1.jpg

In some way and some poses reminds me Freddie 

freddie-mercury-of-queen-performs-on-sta   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Presci1108 said:

It's one of the only occasions where I feel perfectly fine with so much people. 

I know what you mean, I hate crowded places like shopping malls or busy streets,  but at a concert I'm completely different and can just be myself amongst other people who are all there for the same reason to all enjoy watching the performer/artist.

• Like 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQeI58zhLNz/

mikainstagram

Soundtrack of Empathy in celebration of #Pride in partnership with @indeedworks

Tomorrow! 14:00 New York Time | 20:00 Paris Time | 19:00 London Time on my @youtube - link in bio

#SoundtrackofEmpathy
@btwfoundation

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Chiara loves Mika said:

Hi everyone, I don’t know if someone asked this before me, but do you think il will be possible to watch it the day after? I’m busy tomorrow evening and I can’t watch it live… but at the same time I don’t want to miss it!! 

I think it will be available at least 24 hours as Indeed counts the views during 24 hours

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1