Mika's collaboration with Indeed, June 2021

mellody

I loved it :cloud:but it was too short even though Mika had warned us it was short it seemed to last five minutes. I'm glad we can watch it on repeat on youtube :wub2: and keep :fangurl:

Thank you Mika for being so beautiful inside and out and for the way you spread love and open minds with your art and your heart and make this world a better place :mikalove:

I love you ❤

Tiny Love moved me so much. I had Mika's mum in my mind when he was singing it and to me it felt like he was singing it for her.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 9

That was just absolutely brilliant. It was wayyyy too short! When the credits rolled up I was like “no no no, we just got started!!!” 

This explosion of colour and melody was incredible. Mika being extra flamboyant made my day. I’m also surprised he didn’t push over some lamp posts, it’s too bad they don’t show a “bloopers” afterwards :lol3: because I’m actually 100% he did :aah:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

That was just absolutely brilliant. It was wayyyy too short! When the credits rolled up I was like “no no no, we just got started!!!” 

This explosion of colour and melody was incredible. Mika being extra flamboyant made my day. I’m also surprised he didn’t push over some lamp posts, it’s too bad they don’t show a “bloopers” afterwards :lol3: because I’m actually 100% he did :aah:

And have you noticed the sound quality?????

Even when Mika was almost whispering the intro to Tiny Love we could hear him as he were right next to our ears.

The technology is incredible!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Even when Mika was almost whispering the intro to Tiny Love we could hear him as he were right next to our ears.

The technology is incredible!

Oh I haven’t, I think I will need to watch it again and again and again and again…. :biggrin2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The concert was absolutely amazing! I only wish it had gone on longer. The set list was so on point and fitted perfectly for pride. I loved the stories from the guests too, it actually would have been nice to hear a little bit more from them too. I also thought Mika might have spoken more about how people have already gone about creating their own Soundtrack of Empathy playlists, I thought that might be the reason why he asked us to tag him on social media. 

I love the little snippets showing him backstage and preparing the show and the whole stripped down aesthetic in the white box made everything more intimate. Each song seemed to have a brand new twist to it and I loved them all. Even the order of the set list was perfect, We are Golden at the end was brilliant especially with Mika adding in different pronouns. I'm so proud of him for doing this!

It was a wonderful evening where all of us had a front row seat again! I really hope that it does get the message across about empathy and accepting people for who they are. 😊

• Like 8

How am I supposed to get through a day at work knowing the concert and all that Mika fabulous-ness is just a click away on YouTube? :crybaby: oh it's just too hard. All I wanna do is watch it on repeat! :cloud:

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Even the order of the set list was perfect, We are Golden at the end was brilliant especially with Mika adding in different pronouns. I'm so proud of him for doing this!

Yes I agree, him adding the different pronouns on the end did not go unnoticed and I thought that was absolutely wonderful. 

• Like 8

White top/striped trousers = ice cream

Yellow = relax, take it easy

Sequin suit = grace kelly

Pink = origin of love

Green = tiny love

Blue = love today

Gold/cream = we are golden

White tshirt, dark jeans, orangey jacket = speaking parts

Am I dreaming, or was there also a shot of him wearing a purple suit that didn't make the final edit? 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Hero said:

How am I supposed to get through a day at work knowing the concert and all that Mika fabulous-ness is just a click away on YouTube? :crybaby: oh it's just too hard. All I wanna do is watch it on repeat! :cloud:

Welcome to the club. If you feel like this after a concert in your screen wait to see him  live and you'll tell me how you feel later, I think you'll end up here

• Like 4

@Hero

It is even harder not knowing when you will see him again. That happened to me at the beginning. When the concert was over and he came to say hello and then he got into the car and drove away I saw that everything was over and I returned to normal life, I felt a huge emptiness because I did not know when I would see him again. Almost two hours of happiness and then real life. In those moments I felt a great sadness. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

That was the first thing I noticed, and his voice was flawless! He didn't miss one note :wub2:

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Hero said:

Am I dreaming, or was there also a shot of him wearing a purple suit that didn't make the final edit? 

I thought it was the Love Today one, but maybe looks purple because of the light? But you could be right, it wouldn't be the first time that he has the same outfit in different colours. :teehee:

The show was absolutely awesome. :cloud: Basically the whole setlist was my fave, but what stood out most to me were OOL and Tiny Love. For Origin I had the impression that he 100% embraced and showed the idea of gender nonconformity. His outfit made me think of Lollipop girl, I just thought omg I want those pink glitter shoes! :wub2: And those pirouettes like a ballerina, he looked so elegant and delicate in this outfit and in his dance moves. And at the same time he appeared so masculine and powerful throughout the whole performance. I can totally relate to this idea that just because you identify as a certain gender doesn't mean you have to keep to the stereotypes society associates with it. Just be who you are and how YOU feel good about yourself.

And Tiny Love felt so intense. :swoon: I recently had some more thoughts about this song that he basically confirmed with what he said about this being the real kind of love. I might write about it at some point, but it's more a feeling, I'm not sure I can find the words to describe what I mean. Anyway I'm so happy he sang Tiny Love at this gig. :wub2:

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, mellody said:

And those pirouettes like a ballerina, he looked so elegant and delicate in this outfit and in his dance moves. And at the same time he appeared so masculine and powerful throughout the whole performance.

This is exactly the vibe I got too. He was delicate with a hint of femininity and also very masculine (I’m especially referring to the matador pose at the end or Love Today, dominating in all dimensions), but expressive overall. If I look at earlier concerts of him, he looks expressive, but there is still this hint of insecurity and self consciousness/hesitation in his moves. No hesitation to be seen in this one at all. It was all very deliberate and dominating.  

The freedom of expression that he talks about was most definitely there. And yes, I got this vibe that it was even more free than ever. Having watched the Bercy gig in the cinema that was mindblowing already, I feel he has outdone himself expression wise in this gig. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

(I’m especially referring to the matador pose at the end of Love Today, dominating in all dimensions)

Not to debase the conversation, but, OH MY GOD yes, wasn't it just! Grrrowwll.:swoon:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Not to debase the conversation, but, OH MY GOD yes, wasn't it just! Grrrowwll.:swoon:

I’m such a nerd, I’ve now realized it’s the one song where he doesn’t wear a shirt :facepalm:

You know you are a dancer when… you only look at movements, shapes and look for someone’s center of gravity :facepalm: and don’t notice anything else :lol3:

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Hero said:

I understand ! Hard to return to reality.

As I work at home, I found the solution : I'm listening it while working. It's hard to not look at the same time, though :lol3:

EDIT : For example, I just looked with Mika's piano at Tiny Love. I'm weak. :doh:

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Welcome to the club. If you feel like this after a concert in your screen wait to see him  live and you'll tell me how you feel later, I think you'll end up here

Ah. Medic report... 

Virus name: MHPJ-1983

Commonly known as: MIKA

Affects: anyone in aural, visual, or physical contact. Repeat, anyone. 

Effects: those affected display random bursts of intense emotion, including (but not limited to) happiness, joy, hope, love, peace, laughter, dancing and singing. Some heartbreak, crying and wistfulness. Note: perceived negative emotions tend to be brief and interspersed with positivity.  

Withdrawal symptoms: longing, emptiness, depression. 

Cure: NO KNOWN CURE.  Situation is complicated by the fact that none of the affected wish to be 'cured'. 

Note: Some phobics have displayed strong resistance, however this potential line of research is permanently rejected on the grounds of them being brainless inhuman idiots. 

Treatment: maintenance only. Recommend frequent, sustained exposure to Mika by any means possible. In short - STAY HIGH! 

:stretcher::mika2: :mika3:   :wink2:

Edited by Hero
  • Like 4
  • Haha 9