MFC - the most beautiful fans

Hero

On 7/3/2021 at 6:19 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But it really works. Great way to keep your facial muscles on place.

No need of plastic surgery.(Well I am older than you and gravity starts to appear more and more on my face :lol3:  )

I see a difference on my face. I watch and practice different videos every day.

And even watching TV or doing something I work my muscles.

I would never dare to have a plastic surgery. It scares me!!!!!!!!!

Beauty cream works on the skin surface but in reality the muscles build your face.

Agree with you on plastic surgery, maybe I should try this face yoga, never heard of it but sounds interesting.

In theory I try to drink a lot of water, go on the crosstrainer for 5 minutes per day (I know longer would be better, but the 5mins are doable for me and it's better than no sports at all), get enough sleep, and cut off on sweets. If I really kept to all of that all the time, it'd help a lot, I do see it whenever I manage for a few weeks. But right now with the summer weather I can't help but enjoy ice cream every day, although I know I really shouldn't. :blush: 

Sometimes it helps against my appetite for sweets if I drink a big glass of water before I grab a chocolote bar or ice cream, and I end up not eating it. But more often it's just eating sweets to reduce stress - and stress is my biggest enemy concerning health and beauty. What really helps me against stress is going to gigs, so as a conclusion I'd say, my beauty tip is go to lots of Mika concerts. :teehee: Might make you look tired and exhausted for 2 days, but overall much happier, that's a beauty that makes you glow from inside. 😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

When I saw this title I had to think of that story (or was it just a picture?) where Mika had a facemask on! What do you think his skin routine is? I wouldn’t be surprised if he went to a beautician to be honest. 

Oh I missed that! When was it? 

I imagine it's something like this:

Wake, wash, shave, moisturise, go for run, come back because he forgot to apply suncream, go out again, sweat a lot, shower, moisturise, head to studio. Pop to a restaurant for lunch. Go back to studio. Training at gym. Sweat again. Shower. Moisturise. Go out to dinner, or cook dinner at home, in which case, apply ointment to burnt hand. Mangiare. Mangiare. Mangiare. Spend evening at show or relaxing at home. Wash, moisturise, go to bed. Sleep, or indulge in, erm, other amusements. Like reading. :biggrin2:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Hero said:

Wake, wash, shave, moisturise, go for run, come back because he forgot to apply suncream, go out again, sweat a lot, shower, moisturise, head to studio. Pop to a restaurant for lunch. Go back to studio. Training at gym. Sweat again. Shower. Moisturise. Go out to dinner, or cook dinner at home, in which case, apply ointment to burnt hand. Mangiare. Mangiare. Mangiare. Spend evening at show or relaxing at home. Wash, moisturise, go to bed. Sleep, or indulge in, erm, other amusements. Like reading. :biggrin2:

This is so specific :lol3: and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. Unless he travels, then it’s a “beam me up Scotty!” In between.

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Hero said:

It was such a funny story. If I remember well he was screaming as in a horror movie and then he peeled it off . His screaming was so loud it freaked my husband out :lmfao:

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

This is so specific :lol3: and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. Unless he travels, then it’s a “beam me up Scotty!” In between.

Oh my god I'm so stupid! :doh: All those times he claimed to have sunburn. It was windburn from doing his superman act and flying between countries! :yes: 

32 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

It was such a funny story. If I remember well he was screaming as in a horror movie and then he peeled it off . His screaming was so loud it freaked my husband out :lmfao:

Meh, I screamed at my facemask the other night. It did not want to come off! Ouch ouch ouch ouch OUCH! :sad: Not the relaxing experience I'd hoped for. 

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Hero said:

Oh my god I'm so stupid! :doh: All those times he claimed to have sunburn. It was windburn from doing his superman act and flying between countries! :yes: 

:floor:

20 minutes ago, Hero said:

Meh, I screamed at my facemask the other night. It did not want to come off! Ouch ouch ouch ouch OUCH! :sad: Not the relaxing experience I'd hoped for. 

:itsok:

• Like 2

Since I am only 15 years old, I do suffer from acne a lot. My skin is generally quite dark and oily, so I only use sunscreen in the summer. Every morning I use a special mud soap for acne, but I still suffer from it a bit. Sometimes I still feel insecure about my acne:mellow: I agree that Mika has a beautiful skin:wub2: Then I use a moisturizing oil for the whole face. A face cream and lip cream, because my lips break very quickly :(Sometimes I scrub my face with a rotating brush. I try to drink enough water, but it's not always that simple:biggrin2: And if I have makeup on at parties, I always remove it with makeup remover in the evening. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, x_adoring_mika_x said:

Since I am only 15 years old, I do suffer from acne a lot. My skin is generally quite dark and oily, so I only use sunscreen in the summer. Every morning I use a special mud soap for acne, but I still suffer from it a bit. Sometimes I still feel insecure about my acne:mellow: I agree that Mika has a beautiful skin:wub2: Then I use a moisturizing oil for the whole face. A face cream and lip cream, because my lips break very quickly :(Sometimes I scrub my face with a rotating brush. I try to drink enough water, but it's not always that simple:biggrin2: And if I have makeup on at parties, I always remove it with makeup remover in the evening. 

Don't worry !

Have you read this article before ?

I think this article is true. When I was a teenager, my problem was acne like you. My acne had never recovered till 18 years old.

But now, I'm 63 years old. I don't have much wrinkle on my face. :pinkbow:

Zits in high school may mean youthful looking skin in adulthood

https://arstechnica.com/science/2016/09/zits-in-high-school-may-mean-youthful-looking-skin-in-adulthood/

Cells of past acne victims have longer telomeres, which may delay cellular aging

For teens, a face full of oozing, bulging, and bursting zits is sure to mortify. But the puss-spewing horror may be a sign of a glowing godsend to come.

Those who suffer through acne early in life are likely to have longer telomeres (protective DNA caps on the ends of chromosomes) in their white blood cells—a feature that suggests their cells may age more slowly. The finding, published Wednesday in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology, may finally explain a phenomenon dermatologists have long noted: that past acne sufferers tend to have more youthful looking skin, with less wrinkling and thinning, compared to peers who never battled blemishes.

“Our findings suggest that the cause could be linked to the length of telomeres, which appears to be different in acne sufferers and means their cells may be protected against ageing,” lead author of the study,  ySimone Ribero, a dermatologist at King’s College London, said in a statement.

For the study, Ribero and colleagues measured the telomeres of 1,205 female twins, a quarter of whom reported having acne at some point in their life. After accounting for things like age, weight, and height, the researchers found that those with a history of zits had longer telomeres. That finding suggests slower cellular aging because those telomere caps, which are made of meaningless, repetitive sequences of DNA nucleotides, sit on the ends of chromosomes and prevent the useful bits of genetic blueprints from deteriorating. However, over time, the telomeres themselves deteriorate, getting shorter and shorter leading up to cell death.

The researchers also examined skin biopsies from acne survivors and age-matched people who had never been plagued by pimples. They found that the latter group tended to have higher activity in genes involved with cell death. This finding squares with the idea that there’s a genetic component behind the glowing skin of some former zit zappers.

However, it’s important to keep in mind that the study is only a correlation; it doesn’t definitively prove that past pimple poppers have delayed skin aging and, if they do, that longer telomeres are the cause. More research is needed, Ribero said. But for now, those coping with complexion may take comfort in the preliminary findings.

The Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 2016.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Don't worry !

Have you read this article before ?

I think this article is true. When I was a teenager, my problem was acne like you. My acne had never recovered till 18 years old.

But now, I'm 63 years old. I don't have much wrinkle on my face. :roze boog:

Zits in high school may mean youthful looking skin in adulthood

https://arstechnica.com/science/2016/09/zits-in-high-school-may-mean-youthful-looking-skin-in-adulthood/

Cells of past acne victims have longer telomeres, which may delay cellular aging

For teens, a face full of oozing, bulging, and bursting zits is sure to mortify. But the puss-spewing horror may be a sign of a glowing godsend to come.

Those who suffer through acne early in life are likely to have longer telomeres (protective DNA caps on the ends of chromosomes) in their white blood cells—a feature that suggests their cells may age more slowly. The finding, published Wednesday in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology, may finally explain a phenomenon dermatologists have long noted: that past acne sufferers tend to have more youthful looking skin, with less wrinkling and thinning, compared to peers who never battled blemishes.

“Our findings suggest that the cause could be linked to the length of telomeres, which appears to be different in acne sufferers and means their cells may be protected against ageing,” lead author of the study,  ySimone Ribero, a dermatologist at King’s College London, said in a statement.

For the study, Ribero and colleagues measured the telomeres of 1,205 female twins, a quarter of whom reported having acne at some point in their life. After accounting for things like age, weight, and height, the researchers found that those with a history of zits had longer telomeres. That finding suggests slower cellular aging because those telomere caps, which are made of meaningless, repetitive sequences of DNA nucleotides, sit on the ends of chromosomes and prevent the useful bits of genetic blueprints from deteriorating. However, over time, the telomeres themselves deteriorate, getting shorter and shorter leading up to cell death.

De onderzoekers onderzochten ook huidbiopten van acne-overlevenden en mensen van dezelfde leeftijd die nog nooit door puistjes waren geplaagd. Ze ontdekten dat de laatste groep een hogere activiteit had in genen die betrokken zijn bij celdood. Deze bevinding komt overeen met het idee dat er een genetische component zit achter de stralende huid van sommige voormalige zitzappers.

Het is echter belangrijk om in gedachten te houden dat het onderzoek slechts een correlatie is; het bewijst niet definitief dat puistjes uit het verleden huidveroudering hebben vertraagd en, als ze dat doen, dat langere telomeren de oorzaak zijn. Meer onderzoek is nodig, zei Ribero. Maar voor nu kunnen degenen die met een teint omgaan, troost putten uit de voorlopige bevindingen.

The Journal of Investigative Dermatology , 2016.

No, I haven't

Thanks Eriko!:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, x_adoring_mika_x said:

Sometimes I still feel insecure about my acne:mellow:

I'm sorry that you feel like that, I'm sure it's not easy... have you tried to go to a dermatologist? From what I know, there's more types of acne, you can get a specific treatment according to your case. I know what worked for me: birth control pills, it's a common treatment since many years, you can read about it here: 

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/acne/birth-control-for-acne-treatment

• Like 3

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Het spijt me dat je je zo voelt, ik weet zeker dat het niet gemakkelijk is... heb je geprobeerd naar een dermatoloog te gaan? Voor zover ik weet, zijn er meer soorten acne, je kunt een specifieke behandeling krijgen, afhankelijk van je geval. Ik weet wat voor mij werkte: anticonceptiepillen, het is een veel voorkomende behandeling sinds vele jaren, je kunt er hier over lezen: 

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/acne/birth-control-for-acne-treatment

No I haven't been to a dermatologist yet. Thank you!:)

• Like 2

On 7/3/2021 at 4:26 AM, Laurya said:

I agree sunscreen is primordial :thumb_yello: personally my skin is very sensitive, when I was 15 years old I had a lot of problems with acne and even today I still have the scars so I need to be careful and have a good routine to prevent it from happening again : sunscreen, sleep well, drink water, always remove makeup, and I moisturize my skin with jojoba oil

Have skin problems is horrible when I was teenager I feel like I’m a monster and still today it’s hard for me to show my scares :doh:

I had the same problem. It wasn't really serious but it's kind of hard to show my scares because I feel as if people are looking at me all the time. When I go to school or parties, I try to cover them with makeup. 

I've tried a face gel when acne appears, and obviously I've followed the things or routines you mentioned. However, when it is an issue related to hormonal processes, I can't do too much.

• Sad 3