Hello from Toronto

Maha J

Hi Everyone,

I am Maha from Canada (Toronto). I have been lurking on here without introducing myself long enough, so I figured it's time for me to come out of my shell  :teehee: I discovered Mika last year after the I love Beirut concert (I was born and raised in Lebanon, moved here in 2005); I mostly only listened to 80s music before, but since discovering Mika, I find myself listening exclusively to his music without ever getting sick of it (though I can't say the same about my poor husband :lol3:)! I'm 42 years old with 2 young daughters who also adore Mika, and a somewhat grumpy cat who is coincidentally named Grace Kelly ^_^ I am really happy that I found this little community, where in addition to keeping me informed about Mika and his social media posts and upcoming projects since I am not on any social media platforms myself, I now also get an opportunity to take little breaks throughout my work day to quickly check what's happening and get a good laugh reading some of your funny comments :lmfao: That's it for me. Hope to meet you all sometime soon! :bye:

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Maha J said:

Hi Everyone,

I am Maha from Canada (Toronto). I have been lurking on here without introducing myself long enough, so I figured it's time for me to come out of my shell  :teehee: I discovered Mika last year after the I love Beirut concert (I was born and raised in Lebanon, moved here in 2005); I mostly only listened to 80s music before, but since discovering Mika, I find myself listening exclusively to his music without ever getting sick of it (though I can't say the same about my poor husband :lol3:)! I'm 42 years old with 2 young daughters who also adore Mika, and a somewhat grumpy cat who is coincidentally named Grace Kelly ^_^ I am really happy that I found this little community, where in addition to keeping me informed about Mika and his social media posts and upcoming projects since I am not on any social media platforms myself, I now also get an opportunity to take little breaks throughout my work day to quickly check what's happening and get a good laugh reading some of your funny comments :lmfao: That's it for me. Hope to meet you all sometime soon! :bye:

Hi Maha :bye:

Nice to meet you. :original:

I hope you continue to have fun here with us. :original:

• Like 1

Hello Maha and welcome to the MFC :welcomeani:I hope you have a lot of fun here. This is the right place to know about Mika, his music and projects. I'm sure you'll enjoy this place. Here you are a thread that will help you to find your way in this forum:

• Like 2

Hi Maha and :welcomeani: 

I love that you have a cat called Grace Kelly! I once had a budgie called Mika! 

And if my rescue dog didn't already have a name she would have been called Lola!

Everything you need to know about Mika is here and having fun is definitely encouraged! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Hi Maha and :welcomeani: 

I love that you have a cat called Grace Kelly! I once had a budgie called Mika! 

And if my rescue dog didn't already have a name she would have been called Lola!

Everything you need to know about Mika is here and having fun is definitely encouraged! 

That's very cute! Funny thing is that I wasn't the one who named her, it's a total coincidence! She is a rescue cat and it was the person fostering her at the time who named her Grace Kelly because they thought she looked very dainty :) Of course, after being in our household for a few years now, she is more of a clumsy Princess Fiona than a dainty Grace Kelly, but we wouldn't have it any other way :teehee:

Here she is in all her glory on my Mika pillow :lol3:

20210602_154530.thumb.jpg.8b4250db4b04e18f588cab76e793dd85.jpg

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, Maha J said:

That's very cute! Funny thing is that I wasn't the one who named her, it's a total coincidence! She is a rescue cat and it was the person fostering her at the time who named her Grace Kelly because they thought she looked very dainty :) Of course, after being in our household for a few years now, she is more of a clumsy Princess Fiona than a dainty Grace Kelly, but we wouldn't have it any other way :teehee:

Love it!  :lmfao:

This pic should be here:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Maha J said:

It can't be pure coincidence

You were due to become a Mika fan one day :wink2:

Btw your Grace Kelly is very cute !

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Maha J said:

Have you seen this thread? You can post pics of her, here:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Love it!  :lmfao:

This pic should be here:

Thanks :blush: She actually did make her debut on that thread a few weeks ago, when I was sort of lurking around :lmfao:The funny thing is that most of the pictures I have are of her sleeping on that pillow, she loves Mika!! :mikalove:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Cute kitty showing off her toe beans! 😺

But also I really want to see the Mika cushion! 

:lol3: It's actually a massive body pillow with 2 pictures to snuggle with on each side :blush::mikalove:Got it as a birthday present earlier this year, but Grace Kelly seems to think its hers!  

20210909_094821.thumb.jpg.f109d53655542026505021a2c14f2664.jpg

20210909_094841.thumb.jpg.f494467386ee2f7d166c73025b9a1c7c.jpg

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Maha J said:

Hi Everyone,

Welcome aboard Maha :welcomeani:I love your intro :wub2: Glad you decided to join :original: Grace Kelly is very trustful of Mika to sleep like this :lmfao:My dog is called Mikado because I had to add two letters to his name due to my husband... he is not a fan either but ended up accepting my fandom with time. My children grew up listening to Mika's songs that weren't even released yet but didn't become fans although my daughter went to The Voice with me several times because she is a sweetheart. They both love music though. Glad your daughters love Mika too :wub2: 

Take a look at this thread you might find Mika songs you don't know yet https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/30851-mika-rare-video-treasures-for-newbies-and-others/page/10/#comments

And have lots of fun here :group_hug:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Welcome aboard Maha :welcomeani:I love your intro :wub2: Glad you decided to join :original: Grace Kelly is very trustful of Mika to sleep like this :lmfao:My dog is called Mikado because I had to add two letters to his name due to my husband... he is not a fan either but ended up accepting my fandom with time. My children grew up listening to Mika's songs that weren't even released yet but didn't become fans although my daughter went to The Voice with me several times because she is a sweetheart. They both love music though. Glad your daughters love Mika too :wub2: 

Take a look at this thread you might find Mika songs you don't know yet https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/30851-mika-rare-video-treasures-for-newbies-and-others/page/10/#comments

And have lots of fun here :group_hug:

Thanks so much for the sweet message and for the thread, I will check it out! :wub2: I love how everyone's pets seem to have some Mika reference ^_^ 

You know, the funny thing is that my husband actually likes Mika's songs, he was the one who purchased the first CD after we saw the Beirut concert; he just doesn't like that Mika is now the only one we listen to and talk about all the time :blush: 

So sweet that your daughter went with you to The Voice even though she is not a Mika fan! I hope I will be able to take my little Mika fans to one of his concerts one day too (come one Mika, no more quarantine requirements in Canada :making-a-wish:); they are only 7 and 4 years old, but it's really funny to see them walking around singing Mika songs. The 7 year old went through an "Overrated" phase and the 4 year old was hooked on "love you when I'm drunk" for a while, which is probably not a great parenting win for me :teehee:. What can I say, it's the Mika effect!! :mikalove::lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Maha J said:

:lol3: It's actually a massive body pillow with 2 pictures to snuggle with on each side :blush::mikalove:Got it as a birthday present earlier this year, but Grace Kelly seems to think its hers!  

20210909_094821.thumb.jpg.f109d53655542026505021a2c14f2664.jpg

20210909_094841.thumb.jpg.f494467386ee2f7d166c73025b9a1c7c.jpg

This looks like Mika is sitting next to you  :wub2: 

• Like 1

@Maha JI forgot to say that as you are over 30, you should come and join us in the Oldlings thread

Actually anyone is welcome to come and chat in the Oldlings.  We usually chat about the weather, gardens, birds, pets, family and whatever ailments we are currently suffering from.  We even mention Mika occasionally  :teehee: .

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, silver said:

@Maha JI forgot to say that as you are over 30, you should come and join us in the Oldlings thread

Actually anyone is welcome to come and chat in the Oldlings.  We usually chat about the weather, gardens, birds, pets, family and whatever ailments we are currently suffering from.  We even mention Mika occasionally  :teehee: .

Thanks @silver, I definitely will! Lots of ailments to speak of lately since hitting that darn 40! :lol3:

• Haha 1