Let's Talk: THE MFC TOUR BUS... ER... BOAT!

dcdeb

THE MFC TOUR BOAT  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be "on board" when the MFC Tour Boat sets sail on 24 October 2021, for 25€ per person?

• Yes, count me in!
    • No, I'm not interested in the MFC Tour Boat.
  2. 2. If you are planning to sail on the MFC Tour Boat, will you be bringing other people (that is, non-MFC members)?

• No, it will be just me.
    • Yes, I'll have a friend/one person with me.
    • Yes, I'll have several others with me. (Let us know how many in the comments!)

On 9/12/2021 at 10:03 PM, dcdeb said:

WHO: MIKA FAN CLUB

WHAT: THE MFC TOUR BOAT!

WHERE: PARIS

WHEN: 24 OCTOBER 2021, 2PM OR LATER (EXACT TIME TBD)

WHY: TO CELEBRATE MIKA'S RETURN TO THE STAGE!

OK, I've had some conversations with various organizations about possibly renting a boat for our own private MFC Tour Boat cruise.

BUT... I'm going to be honest with you all. Initially I was told some things that have turned out not to be true, so doing this will be a little more expensive than I thought it would be, and we may decide to do a traditional gathering at a restaurant or other location. I'm trying to be sensitive to the fact that you all will have lots of other expenses on this trip, and that we will also be collecting for flowers/gift for Mika, too.

Here is where we are so far -- a basic 1-hour private cruise.

IF we get 100 fans to participate, it will work out to be about 25€ per person. (If there are fewer than 100 we could still do it, but the per person price would be more.) That will be for 1 hour and will not include any food or drink. There will be food and drink available at the quay or on the boat for those who want to purchase it. The boat will be exclusively ours -- no other passengers on board. While we are on the boat, they will play Mika music for us, as we cruise along the Seine and see the sights.

In the meantime, I'm having further discussions about what other options we may have as far as refreshments, and length of boat ride.

So what I'd like to do now is to talk about it here. And also I'm attaching a poll to this topic. Please let me know if you would be willing to do the private tour boat as I outlined it above, so I have an idea of whether we can even get 100 fans to do this. I know we've had 100 at least when we've done our get-togethers in London, so I'm hopeful we can make this happen as well.

Please reply to the poll as soon as you can, because if we're going to do this I need to book the boat ASAP!

Thanks!

Its OK for me👍

• Like 1

2021-10-mika-in-paris-cerise.png

OK...

Time to start talking $$$ or in this case €€€ !

Since it looks like we will have at least 100 people :yay: I need to collect 25€ per person from those of you who will be joining us on the MFC Tour Boat!

This amount is for the 1-hour private boat ride only. Food and drink will be available to purchase on board, or on the quay cafe before and after departure. I will post a menu of what will be available later today in this thread.

Please PAYPAL your payment as soon as possible to the Mika Fan Club account at mfcregister@gmail.com

Send your payment in EUROS, please, so there's no conversion fee. Also be please sure to state that you are sending the money to a friend rather than making a payment, so that there are no fees charged.

If the cruise is cancelled due to issues relating to COVID (please NO!!!) there will be a refund.

Note that if we get more money than we need for the boat, it will be put toward a gift or flowers for Mika. If we get A LOT more money than we need, I will be keeping a spreadsheet of everyone participating so that we can talk about rebates.

If you do not have Paypal, please try to find a friend who does who can send a Paypal for you -- it really is the simplest option. Otherwise, please contact me privately and we'll see what we can work out.

If you have any other questions, or if there's something I've overlooked, please post here.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

PS Special thanks to @Cerise for the MFC in Paris logo! :mikalove:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 11

12 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

OK...

Since it looks like we will have at least 100 people :yay: I need to collect 25€ per person from those of you who will be joining us on the MFC Tour Boat!

This amount is for the 1-hour private boat ride only. Food and drink will be available to purchase on board, or on the quay cafe before and after departure. I will post a menu of what will be available later today in this thread.

Please PAYPAL your payment as soon as possible to the Mika Fan Club account at mfcregister@gmail.com

Send your payment in EUROS, please, so there's no conversion fee. Also be please sure to state that you are sending the money to a friend rather than making a payment, so that there are no fees charged.

If the cruise is cancelled due to issues relating to COVID (please NO!!!) there will be a refund.

Note that if we get more money than we need for the boat, it will be put toward a gift or flowers for Mika. If we get A LOT more money than we need, I will be keeping a spreadsheet of everyone participating so that we can talk about rebates.

If you do not have Paypal, please try to find a friend who does who can send a Paypal for you -- it really is the simplest option. Otherwise, please contact me privately and we'll see what we can work out.

If you have any other questions, or if there's something I've overlooked, please post here.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Done!!! Thanks Deb!!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

OK...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Payment sent, thanks Deb! :flowers2:

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

OK...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Money sent! Thanks Deb! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

OK...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Can I pay on 6th October? That's my next pay day, and I'm working a ton of overtime this month.

10 hours ago, dcdeb said:

OK...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Hi Deb, I sent my money 👌🤗

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dcdeb said:

OK...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Sent! But I think I payed in USD🙈. I hope it'll work and you don't have a big effort because of that🥺

Hi Deb, thank you very much for organizing the event! I'd like to come with my husband and 3 kids (teenagers). But we will come on that day from Toulouse (6 hours drive) so it is important for me to now the time of the boat's departure, to be sure that we can make it. Do you already know it or is it still TBC? For us, the later the better. Thank you in advance for keeping us informed!

14 hours ago, dcdeb said:

OK...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Registration and payment made
Thank you so much
It's a great idea
  • Like 1