Let's Talk: THE MFC TOUR BUS... ER... BOAT!

dcdeb

THE MFC TOUR BOAT  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be "on board" when the MFC Tour Boat sets sail on 24 October 2021, for 25€ per person?

• Yes, count me in!
    • No, I'm not interested in the MFC Tour Boat.
  2. 2. If you are planning to sail on the MFC Tour Boat, will you be bringing other people (that is, non-MFC members)?

• No, it will be just me.
    • Yes, I'll have a friend/one person with me.
    • Yes, I'll have several others with me. (Let us know how many in the comments!)

15 hours ago, dcdeb said:

2021-10-mika-in-paris-cerise.png

OK...

Time to start talking $$$ or in this case €€€ !

Since it looks like we will have at least 100 people :yay: I need to collect 25€ per person from those of you who will be joining us on the MFC Tour Boat!

This amount is for the 1-hour private boat ride only. Food and drink will be available to purchase on board, or on the quay cafe before and after departure. I will post a menu of what will be available later today in this thread.

Please PAYPAL your payment as soon as possible to the Mika Fan Club account at mfcregister@gmail.com

Send your payment in EUROS, please, so there's no conversion fee. Also be please sure to state that you are sending the money to a friend rather than making a payment, so that there are no fees charged.

If the cruise is cancelled due to issues relating to COVID (please NO!!!) there will be a refund.

Note that if we get more money than we need for the boat, it will be put toward a gift or flowers for Mika. If we get A LOT more money than we need, I will be keeping a spreadsheet of everyone participating so that we can talk about rebates.

If you do not have Paypal, please try to find a friend who does who can send a Paypal for you -- it really is the simplest option. Otherwise, please contact me privately and we'll see what we can work out.

If you have any other questions, or if there's something I've overlooked, please post here.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

PS Special thanks to @Cerise for the MFC in Paris logo! :mikalove:

Done, thank you!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claire! said:

Hi Deb, thank you very much for organizing the event! I'd like to come with my husband and 3 kids (teenagers). But we will come on that day from Toulouse (6 hours drive) so it is important for me to now the time of the boat's departure, to be sure that we can make it. Do you already know it or is it still TBC? For us, the later the better. Thank you in advance for keeping us informed!

Hi Claire,

I think the boat company is flexible as to the time and we had talked about departing at either 2pm or 3pm. It won't be earlier than 2pm. Is that OK for you? I can make it 3pm if the majority of people would prefer that.

The schedule for the day then would be something like:

2:30-3pm Fans gather and prepare for cruise

3-4pm Cruise

4-5pm Socialize afterward if desired

5-8pm Dinner and prepare for concert

8:30pm Concert

Does that sound about right to everyone?

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I've added the date and the place to @Cerise logo.

If you want I can make stickers to put them on our coats.

logo MFC meeting in Paris V1.png

Well, I think we need to speak with Cerise before changing her design at all. And I'm not sure about the stickers -- although it's a good idea for us to have some way to identify each other. I guess not everyone will have the MFC badges. Let me think on this a bit.

1 hour ago, MyriamNeeme said:

Hi you are in the mikafanclub live yesterday??

Are you addressing me, Myriam. Yes, that was me hosting the MFC Instagram Live. :)

46 minutes ago, carafon said:

:naughty:

Ah! You wound me, Joelle! We do not want to be Underwater!!! :lol3:

And for that matter we also don't want:

• Like 6
  • Haha 6
  • Thanks 1

MENUS:

As I mentioned before, here are the menus for Vedettes du Paris. "Menu Bar" is what's offered on board the boat. The "Carte Cafe" is what's offered on the quay.

Just to be clear, these items are in addition to the price of the boat.

It seems like we will have the option to purchase food in advance that they will bring on to the boat, but I have to clarify exactly how that will work.

vedettes-Carte café des Vedettes-1.pdf vedettes-MENU BARS-2.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

I think the boat company is flexible as to the time and we had talked about departing at either 2pm or 3pm. It won't be earlier than 2pm. Is that OK for you? I can make it 3pm if the majority of people would prefer that.

The schedule for the day then would be something like:

2:30-3pm Fans gather and prepare for cruise

3-4pm Cruise

4-5pm Socialize afterward if desired

5-8pm Dinner and prepare for concert

8:30pm Concert

Does that sound about right to everyone?

Deb, this schedule sounds good to me. But let's see if the majority agrees. Thank you for your efforts!

18 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Well, I think we need to speak with Cerise before changing her design at all. And I'm not sure about the stickers -- although it's a good idea for us to have some way to identify each other. I guess not everyone will have the MFC badges. Let me think on this a bit.

Yes, that was my point.

We don't know each other so it would be good to have some sort of "a sign".

I can print the stickers if you want and we can use as well the MGC logo (or any new project).

Still enough time to think about it.

EDIT: I removed my version of the picture.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Also be please sure to state that you are sending the money to a friend rather than making a payment, so that there are no fees charged.

I get fees even for sending to a friend, not sure if it's just for my country :dunno:

1 minute ago, krysady said:

I get fees even for sending to a friend, not sure if it's just for my country :dunno:

I did too, I think maybe it’s because of a conversion rate? I’m not sure. 

However, now each one of us pays a small fee of maybe 1,30 EUR on top of the 25 EUR, instead of Deb having a deficit of 100 * 1,30 EUR in the end ☺️

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I think maybe it’s because of a conversion rate? I’m not sure.

My bank account is in euros, so it's not required a conversion :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think PayPal changed their policy. You have to pay fees for any money transfer.

Indeed, they changed their policy, just read it :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Me too I had to pay fees. I think PayPal changed their policy. You have to pay fees for any money transfer.

But choosing "a friend" the receiver gets the whole amount (without deduction of other fees)

Ugh. I'm sorry about that. But it really is the easiest for something like this.

By the way, I already have payment for 37 people so more than a third of the way there! Thank you all!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, krysady said:

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I did too, I think maybe it’s because of a conversion rate? I’m not sure. 

However, now each one of us pays a small fee of maybe 1,30 EUR on top of the 25 EUR, instead of Deb having a deficit of 100 * 1,30 EUR in the end ☺️

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Me too I had to pay fees. I think PayPal changed their policy. You have to pay fees for any money transfer.

But choosing "a friend" the receiver gets the whole amount (without deduction of other fees)

Isn't it because Deb is in USA ?

Seems that there are no fees for  transfers between European countries.

Anyway all in all it's not a big amount ......not sure that you could buy a croissant with it (not a good one anyway )

Edited by carafon
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, carafon said:

Isn't it because Deb is in USA ?

Seems that tere are no fees for  transfers between European countries.

Anyway all in all it's not a big amount ......not sure that you could buy a croissant with it (not a good one anyway )

Yes, it's a fee for a Cross Border transaction 

• Like 1

Are there any other fees I should be aware of? I'm going to register to Paypal just for this one payment and I'm already aware of the conversion fee + now the payment fee so I hope there isn't a fee for registration too... :teehee:

Just now, giraffeandy said:

Are there any other fees I should be aware of? I'm going to register to Paypal just for this one payment and I'm already aware of the conversion fee + now the payment fee so I hope there isn't a fee for registration too... :teehee:

There's more fees for some European countries, check it here: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#tableOfFees1

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

There's no fee for registering. And you shouldn't have a conversion fee if you pay in Euros. There's just the fee they're charging for sending to the US, I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carafon said:

Seems that there are no fees for  transfers between European countries.

It's possible. In my case it said that there are only no fees if I transfer money in CHF to a friend in Switzerland. :original:

10 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

There's no fee for registering. And you shouldn't have a conversion fee if you pay in Euros. There's just the fee they're charging for sending to the US, I guess.

But when I transfer the money from my bank account to Paypal, there's no conversion fee? My bank account is not in Euros.