Let's Talk: THE MFC TOUR BUS... ER... BOAT!

dcdeb

THE MFC TOUR BOAT  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be "on board" when the MFC Tour Boat sets sail on 24 October 2021, for 25€ per person?

• Yes, count me in!
    • No, I'm not interested in the MFC Tour Boat.
  2. 2. If you are planning to sail on the MFC Tour Boat, will you be bringing other people (that is, non-MFC members)?

• No, it will be just me.
    • Yes, I'll have a friend/one person with me.
    • Yes, I'll have several others with me. (Let us know how many in the comments!)

It's Zoom Time!

Topic: MFC - October in Paris

Let's talk about 23-24 October!
The MFC Tour Boat and more for

TODAY! 20 September 2021

3pm Eastern Time (US and Canada)
8pm UK
9pm Central Europe

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/83868494156?pwd=U1ZkaVRabTVKay8vWFJOaUNrTU90UT09

Meeting ID: 838 6849 4156
Passcode: fp01wy
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 9/19/2021 at 9:19 PM, carafon said:

I'd say probably both and I'd definately say yes for the mask in the inside areas

Covid - Vedettes de Paris

:uk:

https://www.vedettesdeparis.fr/en/covid/

covid_1_icon.thumb.jpg.b666c1ff12be03a374cfaafe9d55c016.jpg

Health measures COVID-19

In order to guarantee the safety of our visitors, Vedettes de Paris has put in place numerous health measures.

These health and safety measures may change at any time depending on the health situation and in accordance with the directives of the competent government authorities.

Last updated on : July 10th, 2021

Sanitary Pass

Due to the new government health measures, before boarding our cruises you will need to present a health pass ! 

tousanticovid_certificat_sanitaire_europ

We respect health measures

For everyone safety,  Vedettes de Paris recommend that you respect the following health measures.

covid_1_icon.jpg.2563a638440c8d671a7de24f96d16d52.jpg

Wearing a mask

Wearing a mask is mandatory on board and at the quayside, for teams and visitors from the age of 6.

covid_2_icon.jpg.ff6ae30cba7336b788f46f9f816ff8fb.jpg

Provision of hand sanitizer

Hand sanitizer is freely available on board all our boats and on the boarding pontoon.

Please disinfect your hands frequently.

covid_3_icon.jpg.d14f581291867973fcdd2f39603f9f2a.jpg

Social distancing

The number of places on board our boats is limited to ensure social distancing.

We also ask our visitors to observe a distance of 2 meters with others when boarding.

covid_4_icon.jpg.b558a23e7f7b08bc72be01e8be656c13.jpg

Parking for everyone

Avoid public transport and park your car, motorbike or bicycle free of charge in the Vedettes de Paris private car park for 2 hours.

covid_5_icon.jpg.6f322520bece191bdff9f3ffa8d4facc.jpg

Parking for everyone

Avoid public transport and park your car, motorbike or bicycle free of charge in the Vedettes de Paris private car park for 2 hours.

covid_6_icon.jpg.52ed19c26d6ba132b1c275e3b5b0a997.jpg

Contactless payment

Our ticket office remains open. In order to limit contact, we recommend that you use a contactless credit card for payment.

Covid-19 symptoms

If you experience one or more of these symptoms, please reschedule your visit and consult a healthcare professional immediately. Do not hesitate to contact us to reschedule your visit.

covid_7_icon.jpg.db429e80f299a7c088d73d4bcec1847f.jpg

High temperature

A high temperature (more than 38° C without making any effort and in a moderate ambient temperature) or a feverish feeling.

covid_8_icon.jpg.6e9aa1956109698429bdd3c7e00e9e17.jpg

Coughing

Respiratory symptoms, such as coughing, shortness of breath or tightness in the chest.

covid_9_icon.jpg.9fa615274f368bbeb6cd63fa88fb00b5.jpg

Fatigue

Headaches, aching muscles, uncustomary fatigue.

covid_10_icon.jpg.6a48ed73bd2782d73172b94634f68ce5.jpg

Loss of taste/smell

Total loss of sense of smell (without a blocked nose) and/or total loss of taste.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/16/2021 at 3:35 PM, dcdeb said:

Hi Claire,

I think the boat company is flexible as to the time and we had talked about departing at either 2pm or 3pm. It won't be earlier than 2pm. Is that OK for you? I can make it 3pm if the majority of people would prefer that.

The schedule for the day then would be something like:

2:30-3pm Fans gather and prepare for cruise

3-4pm Cruise

4-5pm Socialize afterward if desired

5-8pm Dinner and prepare for concert

8:30pm Concert

Does that sound about right to everyone?

Well, I think we need to speak with Cerise before changing her design at all. And I'm not sure about the stickers -- although it's a good idea for us to have some way to identify each other. I guess not everyone will have the MFC badges. Let me think on this a bit.

Are you addressing me, Myriam. Yes, that was me hosting the MFC Instagram Live. :)

Ah! You wound me, Joelle! We do not want to be Underwater!!! :lol3:

And for that matter we also don't want:

Hello Deb! I can't thank you enough for what you've done for us it's amazing! I just find out about this MFC boat it's amazing, count me in!! I respond to the quizz and i said that i was going with a friend (she is a mikafan) but she didn't know yes if she's gonna come or not. 

I have a question, on the program you say that, if we want, we have dinner, but did you already decide where it will be or no?

I'll send you the money this afternoon if this is okay :)

Sarah

EDIT: She is comming woohoo! I'm gonna send you the money for the two of us if this is okay !

Edited by SarahV
My friend is coming with me
  • Like 1

So a few little updates about the boat.

Unfortunately, the person I need to talk to the most about our trip is on vacances this week, so finalizing the details will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday of next week.

However, the people I spoke to this week are 99% sure that we can depart at 3pm (rather than 2pm). They are not sure about the food situation, so I'll keep you posted on that.

On another note, because we have more than 100 fans coming now, I have more than the 2500€ needed for the boat.

I will put that money toward flowers and/or a gift for Mika, and those who have already paid for the boat will not have to contribute anything extra. I'll start a thread in a bit where we can discuss the flowers/gift in more detail.

And I just want to say -- 1 month from today we'll be SAILING THE SEINE on our MFC TOUR BOAT! :boat:

If you haven't checked yet, here's the Instagram for Vedettes de Paris to give you a taste of what it will be like -- please, let our weather be this beautiful! :pray:

https://www.instagram.com/vedettesdeparis/

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 15

5 hours ago, Raluca Trancau said:

Hello!

Are still there available places for the boat trip? I would be interested in taking part to this activity. :)

Yes, absolutely. Please let me know as soon as you can whether you'll be joining us.

On 9/12/2021 at 10:03 PM, dcdeb said:

:partytime:  

THE MFC TOUR BOAT IS HAPPENING! :boat:

24 October! Exact time of departure to be determined, but probably around 3pm for a 1-hour cruise.

Please make your payment of 25€ by Paypal to mfcregister@gmail.com as soon as possible!

Thanks, and read on for more details!

WHO: MIKA FAN CLUB

WHAT: THE MFC TOUR BOAT!

WHERE: PARIS

WHEN: 24 OCTOBER 2021, 2PM OR LATER (EXACT TIME TBD)

WHY: TO CELEBRATE MIKA'S RETURN TO THE STAGE!

OK, I've had some conversations with various organizations about possibly renting a boat for our own private MFC Tour Boat cruise.

BUT... I'm going to be honest with you all. Initially I was told some things that have turned out not to be true, so doing this will be a little more expensive than I thought it would be, and we may decide to do a traditional gathering at a restaurant or other location. I'm trying to be sensitive to the fact that you all will have lots of other expenses on this trip, and that we will also be collecting for flowers/gift for Mika, too.

Here is where we are so far -- a basic 1-hour private cruise.

IF we get 100 fans to participate, it will work out to be about 25€ per person. (If there are fewer than 100 we could still do it, but the per person price would be more.) That will be for 1 hour and will not include any food or drink. There will be food and drink available at the quay or on the boat for those who want to purchase it. The boat will be exclusively ours -- no other passengers on board. While we are on the boat, they will play Mika music for us, as we cruise along the Seine and see the sights.

In the meantime, I'm having further discussions about what other options we may have as far as refreshments, and length of boat ride.

So what I'd like to do now is to talk about it here. And also I'm attaching a poll to this topic. Please let me know if you would be willing to do the private tour boat as I outlined it above, so I have an idea of whether we can even get 100 fans to do this. I know we've had 100 at least when we've done our get-togethers in London, so I'm hopeful we can make this happen as well.

Please reply to the poll as soon as you can, because if we're going to do this I need to book the boat ASAP!

Thanks!

Hello I will come on the boat with my sister, I already sent the payment.

Screenshot_20210925-160558_Ecosia.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maelle Stardust said:

Do I have the right to come alone on the boat even if I am a minor ?

Yes, Maelle, absolutely! I think we will have all ages! See you soon!

• Like 1

Hi Deb, sorry, I only just sent you my money (hope you'll recognize my email, didn't include a note), hope it's not too late. Only got it confirmed recently that I will indeed stay for Sunday and can take part in this. Can't wait. 

Edited by mariposa
  • Like 1

Just thinking out loud..., how sturdy is the boat? If a particularly upbeat song comes on, there might suddenly be 100+ fans  jumping up and down and dancing. :pbjt:

Can it handle that, or should we try to refrain from sudden mass movements? :teehee:

• Haha 3