2021 - Private Concert in Paris for AirFrance KLM American Express Cardholders 18 Sept - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Mikasister

Little bit  :offtopic:   but I have been desperately trying to find patches as similar to those on Mika's jacket as possible, so that I can make my own version. Of course it went right out of my mind that I am a self taught embroiderer (embroiderer, embroiderist...? 🤔) and I could just make some of the patches myself! 😅

For some that look a bit too tricky to make I have found alternative versions online, and also everything else I would need to make the jacket! 

I'm determined to do this (and for a LOT less than Mika paid for the jacket) and I will share the finished project when I'm done! 😊

(along with another Mika outfit I'm working on! 👀)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Little bit  :offtopic:   but I have been desperately trying to find patches as similar to those on Mika's jacket as possible, so that I can make my own version. Of course it went right out of my mind that I am a self taught embroiderer (embroiderer, embroiderist...? 🤔) and I could just make some of the patches myself! 😅

For some that look a bit too tricky to make I have found alternative versions online, and also everything else I would need to make the jacket! 

I'm determined to do this (and for a LOT less than Mika paid for the jacket) and I will share the finished project when I'm done! 😊

(along with another Mika outfit I'm working on! 👀)

I had the same idea. But as I am too lazy to make them by myself I ordered some patches via Internet to put them on my new pink Mika shirt. I would like to wear it in Paris - not for the concerts but while going out with fans.

No mushrooms  :das:

image.thumb.png.2da2956f66dd6a3ed5fe603eee69b20e.png

And my shirt

image.thumb.png.6263a5a2cecb8b302855bcf0211e4e6d.png

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I had the same idea. But as I am too lazy to make them by myself I ordered some patches via Internet to put them on my new pink Mika shirt. I would like to wear it in Paris - not for the concerts but while going out with fans.

image.thumb.png.2da2956f66dd6a3ed5fe603eee69b20e.png

And my shirt

image.thumb.png.6263a5a2cecb8b302855bcf0211e4e6d.png

You're gonna have to share this when it's done too, I bet it will look awesome! :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

@TinyLove_CJand @Anna Ko Kolkowska those are pretty amazing ideas! I’m very curious to see what it will look like ☺️

Concerning the mushrooms, has anyone figured out what Mika means by them? Miramikati likes to use them and she has posted on her IG that mushrooms represent growth,  potential and resilience to her. I will have to look up the post, but it’s possible Mika has been inspired by this, or he put his own twist to it.

• Like 3

On 9/26/2021 at 7:52 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

@TinyLove_CJand @Anna Ko Kolkowska those are pretty amazing ideas! I’m very curious to see what it will look like ☺️

Concerning the mushrooms, has anyone figured out what Mika means by them? Miramikati likes to use them and she has posted on her IG that mushrooms represent growth,  potential and resilience to her. I will have to look up the post, but it’s possible Mika has been inspired by this, or he put his own twist to it.

His only comment about mushrooms (as far as I remember) was in that story from the Biennale, that this room with the fungi was one of his faves on the Biennale. It wasn't really mushrooms like the ones on his jacket & stage set, more like different sorts of mould... :teehee: but the idea behind it was the big mycelium that mushrooms build, a way of connecting things, and that without fungi life as we know it wouldn't exist, they are everywhere and an essential part of the circle of life.

• Like 2

• silver changed the title to 2021 - Private Concert in Paris for AirFrance KLM American Express Cardholders 18 Sept - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS