2021 - Private Concert in Paris for AirFrance KLM American Express Cardholders 18 Sept - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Mikasister

After having a couple of days after the concert, I have finally sat down to write my report. The videos and pictures already give a good impression of the atmosphere, but to be actually in the hall was an experience on its own. As a first time Mika-gig-goer this is maybe even extra special.

For me the entire weekend was an absolute success, the gig was just a small part of it. I will give you the highlights of why:
- On the train a Parisian girl recommended her favourite lunch place: "The Daily Syrian". I considered it a sign, haha! 
- I was very aware of how lucky and privileged I was to be there. Not only because I won tickets first row (!!), but also because it was the first concert for Mika for a full audience during a global pandemic. It was not only special for me, but I can imagine for him as well;
- I have met many MFCers that I only knew digitally so far. Everyone I have met has been open, kind and the atmosphere between us was great. There was a little bit of language barriere, but that didn't seem to bother anyone. Fortunately everyone understands "hand and feet"!! I can honestly say that I have made new friends this weekend: and I think this was the best part;
- I was able to enjoy Paris on warm and sunny days! It was supposed to rain in the weekend, but I have not seen one raindrop. When the sun is shining, things are just better;
- My morning run before the concert consisted of running past Place de la Concorde, Musée Louvre, Seine, Tour Eiffel, Trocadero, Champs d'Elysees, Arc de Triomphe. I have seen these landmarks without (many) people present, which is an impressive and unique experience on its own;
- I think I have improved my French vocabulary with 300%. But only knowing 5 words, that wasn't hard at all, haha!

About the day of the concert:
- As this concert I had a guaranteed seat in first row, I didn't have to queue. However, I did get a bit of queueing experience (let's call it queueing-light), because I found out the seats in first row were still free seating. I was number 18, my lucky number!
- We tried if we could see Mika enter the venue a few hours before the doors would open. Knowing where the artist entrance was, we just arrived at the right time...because THERE HE WAS! This was the VERY FIRST TIME I saw Mika and you know what? I did NOT faint, haha! (I'm so proud of myself!) I did hide behind @mellody’s back though, grinning from ear to ear. That grin still hasn't left my face;
- Our "pass sanitaire" was scanned before entering the venue. This was either through an app or printed QR codes. As long as the light turned green on their machine, you were good to go. This went relatively fast, but they did have many people scanning (maybe more than 10 people?);
- We received a small goody bag with a voucher for a drink, voucher for a popcorn, a water bottle, earplugs and a LED-baton;
- When we arrived on our seats, none of us knew what to expect. We were seated, we were wearing masks, what would the concert look like? What would we be allowed to do? These were special circumstances after all;
- During the opening act, we were all still seated and some wore masks, some did not... But we still weren't sure, however, the opening act did loosen the place up a little bit and I don't think anyone was worried anymore at that point.

About the concert:
- There was a 30 min break between opening act and Mika... And as soon as he entered the stage, we all got up, frantically waved our LED-baton and never took a seat anymore. We danced, we were sweating and we were singing. The atmosphere was good from the start. We were all happy that he was there.. and Mika really seemed to be thrilled to be back;
- I was right in front of the stage, it is even closer than a normal gig where there is still a walking barriere for security between the stage and the public... HE WAS SO CLOSE;
- My first impression of Mika: he is exactly the way I had imagined he would be. His stage presence, his energy and yes, even the way he looked. Okay, maybe he was more lean than I had thought, but I know the camera "adds 9 lbs", so I wasn't surprised. Still a very handsome man and a talented artist and performer;
- Normally I dance, sing and am more active. However, seeing him for the first time, I wanted to take it all in. So I was relatively quiet and was just observing and enjoying the show. I had promised myself not to film bits and pieces of the performance, but I also knew I would regret not doing it. So I did, which made me more timid than I usually am, because I didn't want to ruin my own recording! Haha.
- The song I loved most on the setlist: Stuck in the Middle. I love the part where he is singing like a saxophone, it really got the mood up;
- The song that impressed me the most on the setlist: Tiny Love Reprise. There was a loud gasp in the audience as his mother's voice came on. It was moving to hear him sing with her for the one or two lines that he did;
- Mika left right after the concert, so we didn't get a chance to see him after. This had already been announced by our contact, but we still tried to beat him to it! However, we weren't fast enough. Mika had already left the building.

As ticket winners, we had a contact that we could ask questions prior to and during the gig. This is how @Marabwas able to get the two bouquets of flowers to Mika. We had all participated and she had arranged for it all with the florist. Thank you again Mara, they were absolutely lovely and it was great to see Mika was also happy to have received them!

The question I had for our contact, was if Mika could sign one of my drawings. I was very aware that a personal signing session would not take place during a pandemic, so I wanted to be gentle about it and kindly asked if our contact could maybe take one of my drawings to Mika's dressing room. He agreed to do this for me. But unfortunately, Mika decided to not sign my drawing...but I will tell you what he did do, tonight in the IG live!
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:
After having a couple of days after the concert, I have finally sat down to write my report. The videos and pictures already give a good impression of the atmosphere, but to be actually in the hall was an experience on its own. As a first time Mika-gig-goer this is maybe even extra special.

For me the entire weekend was an absolute success, the gig was just a small part of it. I will give you the highlights of why:
- On the train a Parisian girl recommended her favourite lunch place: "The Daily Syrian". I considered it a sign, haha! 
- I was very aware of how lucky and privileged I was to be there. Not only because I won tickets first row (!!), but also because it was the first concert for Mika for a full audience during a global pandemic. It was not only special for me, but I can imagine for him as well;
- I have met many MFCers that I only knew digitally so far. Everyone I have met has been open, kind and the atmosphere between us was great. There was a little bit of language barriere, but that didn't seem to bother anyone. Fortunately everyone understands "hand and feet"!! I can honestly say that I have made new friends this weekend: and I think this was the best part;
- I was able to enjoy Paris on warm and sunny days! It was supposed to rain in the weekend, but I have not seen one raindrop. When the sun is shining, things are just better;
- My morning run before the concert consisted of running past Place de la Concorde, Musée Louvre, Seine, Tour Eiffel, Trocadero, Champs d'Elysees, Arc de Triomphe. I have seen these landmarks without (many) people present, which is an impressive and unique experience on its own;
- I think I have improved my French vocabulary with 300%. But only knowing 5 words, that wasn't hard at all, haha!

- As this concert I had a guaranteed seat in first row, I didn't have to queue. However, I did get a bit of queueing experience (let's call it queueing-light), because I found out the seats in first row were still free seating. I was number 18, my lucky number!
- We tried if we could see Mika enter the venue a few hours before the doors would open. Knowing where the artist entrance was, we just arrived at the right time...because THERE HE WAS! This was the VERY FIRST TIME I saw Mika and you know what? I did NOT faint, haha! (I'm so proud of myself!) I did hide behind @mellody’s back though, grinning from ear to ear. That grin still hasn't left my face;
- Our "pass sanitaire" was scanned before entering the venue. This was either through an app or printed QR codes. As long as the light turned green on their machine, you were good to go. This went relatively fast, but they did have many people scanning (maybe more than 10 people?);
- We received a small goody bag with a voucher for a drink, voucher for a popcorn, a water bottle, earplugs and a LED-baton;
- When we arrived on our seats, none of us knew what to expect. We were seated, we were wearing masks, what would the concert look like? What would we be allowed to do? These were special circumstances after all;
- During the opening act, we were all still seated and some wore masks, some did not... But we still weren't sure, however, the opening act did loosen the place up a little bit and I don't think anyone was worried anymore at that point.

About the concert:
- There was a 30 min break between opening act and Mika... And as soon as he entered the stage, we all got up, frantically waved our LED-baton and never took a seat anymore. We danced, we were sweating and we were singing. The atmosphere was good from the start. We were all happy that he was there.. and Mika really seemed to be thrilled to be back;
- I was right in front of the stage, it is even closer than a normal gig where there is still a walking barriere for security between the stage and the public... HE WAS SO CLOSE;
- My first impression of Mika: he is exactly the way I had imagined he would be. His stage presence, his energy and yes, even the way he looked. Okay, maybe he was more lean than I had thought, but I know the camera "adds 9 lbs", so I wasn't surprised. Still a very handsome man and a talented artist and performer;
- Normally I dance, sing and am more active. However, seeing him for the first time, I wanted to take it all in. So I was relatively quiet and was just observing and enjoying the show. I had promised myself not to film bits and pieces of the performance, but I also knew I would regret not doing it. So I did, which made me more timid than I usually am, because I didn't want to ruin my own recording! Haha.
- The song I loved most on the setlist: Stuck in the Middle. I love the part where he is singing like a saxophone, it really got the mood up;
- The song that impressed me the most on the setlist: Tiny Love Reprise. There was a loud gasp in the audience as his mother's voice came on. It was moving to hear him sing with her for the one or two lines that he did;
- Mika left right after the concert, so we didn't get a chance to see him after. This had already been announced by our contact, but we still tried to beat him to it! However, we weren't fast enough. Mika had already left the building.

As ticket winners, we had a contact that we could ask questions prior to and during the gig. This is how @Marabwas able to get the two bouquets of flowers to Mika. We had all participated and she had arranged for it all with the florist. Thank you again Mara, they were absolutely lovely and it was great to see Mika was also happy to have received them!

The question I had for our contact, was if Mika could sign one of my drawings. I was very aware that a personal signing session would not take place during a pandemic, so I wanted to be gentle about it and kindly asked if our contact could maybe take one of my drawings to Mika's dressing room. He agreed to do this for me. But unfortunately, Mika decided to not sign my drawing...but I will tell you what he did do, tonight in the IG live!

Really great report. :clap:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

About the concert:

Wow!!!! What a beautiful report, Michelle! I can feel your emotions reading it.

But first of all I am happy that you could see Mika in real. For more you have seen him in a daylight too. I wasn't that lucky. For me he stays a creature of the night (Batman???? :lol:  )

So I can't wait for tonight's Insta live to listen to you telling us in person how it was. And about this thing Mika did. I am sure he loved your drawing. And when you wrote "unfortunately Mika decided to not sign my drawing" -  I think "unfortunately" is not a good word :wink2:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

You were are right :wink2:

And yes, like Deb said: after my first concert I am still a Mika fan! I’m here to stay!! 

So I don't know if you are happier to have a note from Mika than if he had signed your drawing?

Actually how could he even say that his signature could ruin the drawing??????

what GIF

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

You were are right :wink2:

And yes, like Deb said: after my first concert I am still a Mika fan! I’m here to stay!! 

Now you have to tell me what you said in the IG Live :naughty:

6 minutes ago, silver said:

Now you have to tell me what you said in the IG Live :naughty:

Mika didn’t sign my drawing, because he didn’t want to ruin it (that’s what he apparently said). So he left me a message instead, on the folder I transported the drawing in ☺️ He said he thought it was beautiful and thanked me. Then signed the folder! It was even better than having my drawing signed 🥰

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Like 12

So I finally uploaded all my videos in my previous post. The only one I didn't upload again is the one of Love Today because it's mostly dark and you can just hear him, but I included the link to my IGTV video instead.

Anyway, here's my report.

I arrived in Paris in the afternoon and met up with Nina and Michelle. We had something to eat, had a look at the venue, and went to the Arc de Triomphe, which is in walking distance from the venue and is currently covered in fabric as an art project by Christo. Seems they only finished that the day before and it's just that way for a few weeks, so we were lucky.

Around 4 or so we went back to the venue and I thought we could just wait at the artist's entrance on the side, because in the front there's a busy and loud street and lots of people on the small sideway, and we might have a chance of seeing Mika arrive. Nina and Michelle noticed Marc-Olivier Fogiel standing at the artist's entrance, I wouldn't have recognized him, esp. with the mask - so I didn't mind at all standing there, while Nina and Michelle were embarrassed because he was there. :lol: A few minutes later, Mika arrived. I saw him arrive by foot, but other fans told me later that he had come on a motorbike and just walked from the motorbike to the entrance. He was wearing a mask and said Hi / Ciao while passing by. For Nina he stopped and greeted her social-distanced with putting fists together. As I was right next to her, I held out my fist as well and got this greeting from him - guess he might not have done it if I hadn't held out my fist, so I regretted it a little afterwards, I certainly didn't want to make him greet me the same way if he didn't intend to. Well, whatever - from what we could see of his face with the mask he looked happy to see us.

He went inside quickly and after that it took me at least an hour to recover from seeing him again, just like that. I had thought we might see him arrive, but I wasn't prepared really, I was in shock. It was a mix of total happiness to have seen him and some sort of feeling of "what, that was it, the big reunion I had waited for since 1,5 years?!" ... haha that's what happens when you make up in your mind scenarios of how it might be to finally see him again and then you just have to process the fact that it's not that special but just normal. But also special. Lol, I can't describe it, but it's similar to what I felt after the gig, or even during the gig. It was all I had expected and hoped for and at the same time it wasn't at all what I had expected. Even tho I tried not to have any expectations at all, I mean, really, it was just so fab to see him again and be at a gig again, we had no idea before we saw the setlist that it'd be an actual full gig, we thought maybe a few acoustic songs. Maybe my feelings can be described with what he sings in Tiny Love, "it isn't bursting into song in central park, it's a don't know what they're missing kind of love". :wub2:

Anyway, about the gig. At the door the bags were searched and they checked the health pass, then we got wristbands and a bag with a bottle of water, earplugs and a light - the ones you see in some of my videos. The blinking looked rather annoying when I first tried out the light, so I wasn't sure people would use it during the gig. They did, a lot, and it looked nice with all the different colours. Mine was blue, fitting to my blue dress. :teehee: But I didn't use it that much, I was worried I'd hit Mika or the other fans with it. :naughty: There was a video on repeat during the waiting time, with Amex advertising, and in between showing a big picture of Mika. At some point a woman came on stage and said a few words, then the support act started. It was a female French singer, was nice to listen to. After that there was ca. 30 minutes pause, and then the lights went out again...

We had seen on the setlist that Mika would start with Lollipop, that was quite a surprise - and even more surprising that he started by talking. He did the "waking up" thing that instantly reminded me of the Lollipop intro at some gigs on the Revelation tour. Throughout the show he repeated several elements of the last tour, I think he also said at some point something like he's starting off again now where his last tour ended in Melbourne. But he slightly changed those elements. You could tell he had put some thought into this, to make it feel familiar but still like something new. Also the lights, like at the indeed concert. The layer of lights on the top made the ceiling of the venue seem lower, almost like at a small club.

We all know how over time his shows are building up and changing, when he's touring he has such a good feeling for what works and what doesn't. What he did worked well but it was obvious that it was only the beginning, it was trying out, having fun together, and just enjoying the fact that gigs can happen again at all. And this feeling, of being at a gig again, a real gig, a Mika gig, that was what stood out most to me. Not so much Mika himself, seeing him, having eye contact - tho he did make eye contact with the crowd a lot, in fact, but it felt different than on the last tour. And my experience didn't feel so much like "I have missed you", but more like "I have missed this", although I've missed him a lot during the pandemic. Do I even make sense? Lol!

As you can see in my videos, during Relax he did something similar to what he had done for Underwater on his last tour, making the crowd sing just with gestures. For Popular song he spontaneously got a choir on stage from the audience - he asked for people who knew the lyrics well. I didn't raise my hand, first of all because I wasn't so sure of the lyrics anymore (it looked like those on stage weren't either tho, lol!) and secondly, because in my dress I wouldn't have wanted to go on stage. It was a blue summer dress, but a really long one, so it looked kinda elegant - and it definitely wouldn't have fitted to the people who were on stage ... they might not have been the best choir but they definitely looked very cool! :lol: And for EMD he said the crowd was his dancing partner. What I missed a little was him singing Happy Ending off-mic, but I suppose that wouldn't have worked with the new guitarist. I hope that Tim will come back for the next gigs. Of Mika's old band it was just Max and Wouter.

I'm not sure if the sound guy was new as well, but he first didn't play Joannie's voice in Tiny Love Reprise, he started it too late. You can see that in my video, Mika looked very annoyed. But then her voice was there and Mika sang as well, together with his Mum. It was such a moving and personal moment that I wasn't able to film it. You can see in my video how I wasn't able to hold the camera straight anymore, then I stopped filming and started again only after a few moments. It was definitely the most moving moment of the gig and I still get tears in my eyes when I think of it. I think Mika's voice was shaking too.

Anyway the tears that surely some of us cried couldn't be told apart from the sweat on our faces. I thought several times during the gig of Mika's Christmas message, where he said that in 2021 somewhere in the world we'll sing, dance and sweat together again. He was right. :wub2: Was so nice to get covered in popstar sweat again!

So, what else do I remember... the setlist went by much too fast. I'm not sure which was my fave song of the setlist, I guess Tiny Love and Tiny Love Reprise. I also loved hearing SITM, but without the piano intro and the extras that he used to do for it, something was missing for me. It was so short ... and still Mika took longer than they had planned, in advance they said the venue would close at 11 - I think the pause was a bit longer but anyway we only left the venue shortly after 11, so of course it's just my feeling again that it went by too fast. I saw that on the last tour, gigs that both had the same number of songs on the setlist felt completely different to me. Well, time is relative...

For Underwater he was wearing a yellow scarf that still had the price tag on it. :teehee: In my first SITM video you can see how he notices it, rips off the tag and gives it to a fan, that was pretty funny. :naughty:

I loved Mika's outfits, that blue fringe jacket he wore for the first 2 songs was just awesome! :lustslow: And also the blue outfit from the indeed gig, and the pink outfit he wore for the encore - and the "Hope" necklace! I had never paid much attention to it in the past, but during the pandemic it got a special meaning for me, as Mika was talking about hope several times in interviews and also wore the necklace a few times. Anyway, during Big Girl (I think) the necklace broke and burst into a fireworks of beads. The "Hope" writing itself is still in once piece, I think - it seems to be made of some fabric, like ropes. But the necklace with the beads is broken. Maybe he'll get a new one for the Hope writing. At the end of the show I took one of the beads from the stage, a green one, so I have my own little bit of hope to carry with me everywhere. I usually don't collect so much Mika stuff, especially never cared much about personal items of him, like t-shirts he threw in the crowd or something like that... but the bead from this particular necklace has a special meaning to me, because of Mika giving us hope during the pandemic, and this gig was just everything I had hoped for during the last 1,5 years. :cloud:

Ok you can see my thoughts about this gig experience still aren't very organized, it was simply overwhelming. And I'm very glad I had this before the symphonic gigs so maybe I can enjoy those more without being completely overwhelmed. :teehee:

I filmed and photographed more than I had originally planned, I wanted to just enjoy the gig... but I also remembered how during the pandemic I was so happy to have my recordings from the Revelation tour, I think this made me use my camera a lot more often than I had intended to. :dunno_grin:

Ok and I think that's it for now. After the gig I was done. I was tired because I had gotten up at 5am that morning and, as I said, just so overwhelmed by it all. Sorry to everyone who tried to talk with me after the gig, I guess I was pretty absent. :lol3: Maybe good that Mika was already gone when we went outside and gathered at the artist's entrance... if he had tried to talk with me, I'd probably just have stared at him, unable to say a word, lol! :roftl: Anyway it was so good to see you all again, or for the first time! :group_hug:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Hi everyone ! :bye:

So I finally found some time to sit and try to write a report of some sort for this magical dream that I've been very lucky to live last weekend.  And believe me, I would have loved doing nothing else than just sit down and remember it all during the whole week :lol3: 

Anyway, here's my part of the story.  My weekend already started in the best way as I arrived in Paris on Friday night after work and reunited with fans who are also friends and for some of them whom I hadn't seen since the start of the pandemic.  We had a great dinner together.

On the day of the concert, even though I was very lucky and had won one of the Ticket Fairy's tickets here on MFC, I came to queue with my friends who also got regular tickets, as a big part of the experience for me is being with them and I didn't want to miss any minute together.  We had a chilled day; contrary to what was planned the weather was perfect and the venue is in a very nice and touristic part of Paris so it was all very enjoyable.  I was thrilled when Mika posted the IG story where he was showing the bouquet of flowers that Mara @Marab organised to offer to him from the contest winners. 

When we entered I managed to have a little bit of stress when I realised that the winners from the FB and MFC contests got the same tickets and bracelets as anybody else entering the venue.  I went back to the entrance to make sure we would have access to this reserved row  :sweatdrop: and finally it was all ok.  People were very kind and the whole experience before the concert was a very nice one with photocalls, goodies, popcorn and drinks.

Now about the concert. Wow.  Where do I begin.  We had around 30 minutes between the opening act and Mika's arrival on stage, and during these minutes I found back this adrenaline that I had forgotten about. I kept breathing in and out and I remembered the last time it happened in Versailles and thought my last show was such a highlight that it could never get to this level.  We then knew that this would be a full set (I didn't want to look at the setlist as I prefer getting the surprise, although I did get spoilers of a few songs), but I could have never imagined that this would turn out like it did.  I was imagining first few rows of fans in 7th heaven to find Mika back but the rest of the venue more reserved, I thought it would be more of an acoustic concert, I was wondering if people would even stand up and I never never could have dreamt that we would take our masks off.  But people did it naturally, and as the venue staff didn't seem to be bothered about it, it remained like that until the end of the gig.

Mika started with Lollipop, standing up on the piano in the dark.  Lollipop has never been my favourite song during gigs, but I liked how the energy built up, and when the lights were finally on, that's the moment we stood up and never sat down again.

The second song was already a highlight for me.  When I'm asked what my favourite song is, since 2012 I can't explain it, I always answer Origin, I can't even really put words on this.  I was so happy to hear it again and in such a good mood, with beautiful lighting, that's when I understood that we were back to old times and that this was all happening again.  Mika looked at the fans at the beginning of the song and we felt reunited, my heart was bursting with joy.  He surprised me by taking the LED stick off my hand during the song, I was especially scared to lose it when he threw it away because I thought it was a great accessory :tears::aah: But Mika is very bad at throwing things from the stage lol, so the stick landed only a few seats away from me and kind girls behind gave it back to me so I could continue having fun :biggrin2:

Ice Cream was fun and made me think a lot about the Indeed concert.  Mika looks so fit!  

Then the first notes of Relax, which always give me a rush of adrenaline, I sang my heart out (ok, I actually sing my heart out to all songs, I can't control myself)

Then it was time for Tiny Love.  I don't know why, but I really didn't think it would be on the setlist.  Well, probably because I was told that there were not many MNIMH songs, and as TL is my fav, maybe I didn't want to get disappointed.  So when he started it on the piano, I felt so so happy.  Once again I felt him very close to the fans on this song and that was so sweet.  I loved the ending when he was standing in just one ray of light.  Everything always looks so professional yet so natural and simple, and thus very emotional.  I was thinking how good he is at what he does, and that there's a reason why I'm still following him after all this time and want to see all different kinds of gigs.

Big Girl was fun, that's the only moment I thought of Covid because I wondered if he would go down to the crowd but then I remembered everything is not completely normal yet.

I loved EMD!  How energetic! He made us laugh by forgetting his lyrics (that's usual but I liked his reaction) and he made a strange look when he saw one of my friends at the 2nd row using my head as drums with her LED stick :lmfao: That's how I realise that we are not ourselves anymore at his gigs, and I love it :aah: Or maybe on the contrary that's when we find our true selves.. But let's not talk psychology

Underwater was as lovely as always.  I liked his blue suit and felt it matched the song very well.  Then SITM!!! What happened, why did he bring it back after all these years?  I felt like I was sent back to 10 years ago, and at the same time I knew exactly we were in September 2021 and it brought me some kind of comfort, it made me realise all that I have lived thanks to him in all these years (and all the friends I've made) I loved singing the end altogether with him.

Popular was very fun, of course he started with a little lie (or is it amnesia) that he had never performed that one in France, when he did it during the whole OOL tour and even once in the Revelation Tour :aah:  But I guess we are the ones to remember this kind of 'details'.  I had friends on stage during the song so I was more focused on one of them than Mika during the song, it changed a little bit :biggrin2:

Grace Kelly.. it's kind of sad but I almost always have no memory of GK lol.  But I'm sure it was enjoyable, and I know he was playful with the audience at the end.  I loved Les Baisers Perdus, obviously it didn't top that Versailles version but the only other time I had heard it was in Bercy, so this time it was great to hear it with much more intimacy.  

Then Happy Ending, he didn't sing off mic but at one moment he was right at the edge of the stage and I heard his voice not from the microphone, that struck me and made me realise even more the vocal achievement.

Love Today and We Are Golden were such a party! I still can't believe I could dance and sing to these songs after all these months without any gig.  Mika talked about that too, he said he had to stop his tour in Australia in 2020 but that it was now time to get back to where we were.  Which makes me remember that at some point in the show he also said something like 'I'm so happy to meet you again, and we are going to do that again and again and again!!' :wub2:

Then it was the last song.  Tiny Love Reprise.  I wondered if this would be the Revelation Tour version with Stay High right after, but I don't know what right from the beginning made me think that it would not.  When we heard the instrumental part that leads to Mika's mother's part in the studio version, I think most fans understood what was coming.  And he did it.  We heard his mother's voice while he was standing on the piano in the shadow, and I think no one could refrain their emotions.  I had never truly cried like for real sorrow at a Mika gig, except in Nimes 2016 but that was when there was a minute of silence for the Nice attacks.  This time the subject was much more personal for Mika, I have the impression we were all sharing his pain and I'm still without words that he managed to mix his voice with hers and sing after that and to make it something so beautiful.  I'm still unwell thinking back about it, but at the same time I think it was the most beautiful thing he could do, and I feel so honoured to have seen him do it.

Then it was over and we were all a bit stunned by this ending, which made it a real strange mix of emotions, but also proved that it was the best gig it could ever be in these circumstances.

Thanks once more MFC for the opportunity, thanks to everyone I met during the weekend, I've felt much more alive than I have for the past few months :blush:  Can't wait to live another dream in one month at the Philharmonie.  See you! :)

Edited by camille*
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, camille* said:

Which makes me remember that at some point in the show he also said something like 'I'm so happy to meet you again, and we are going to do that again and again and again!!' :wub2:

Then it was the last song.  Tiny Love Reprise.  I wondered if this would be the Revelation Tour version with Stay High right after, but I don't know what right from the beginning made me think that it would not.  When we heard the instrumental part that leads to Mika's mother's part in the studio version, I think most fans understood what was coming.  And he did it.  We heard his mother's voice while he was standing on the piano in the shadow, and I think no one could refrain their emotions.  I had never truly cried like for real sorrow at a Mika gig, except in Nimes 2016 but that was when there was a minute of silence for the Nice attacks.  This time the subject was much more personal for Mika, I have the impression we were all sharing his pain and I'm still without words that he managed to mix his voice with hers and sing after that and to make it something so beautiful.  I'm still unwell thinking back about it, but at the same time I think it was the most beautiful thing he could do, and I feel so honoured to have seen him do it.

Then it was over and we were all a bit stunned by this ending, which made it a real strange mix of emotions, but also proved that it was the best gig it could ever be in these circumstances.

I very much agree with those feelings about Tiny Love Reprise. I wasn't sure that we'd hear his Mum's voice, I thought he might sing the part. I wonder if they had discussed both options in advance and that's why the sound guy got confused?

And do you remember when he said that about being happy to meet us again and doing that again and again and again? I think I filmed most of his talking, or even all of it, so I hope I caught that on video... but despite, or because, the speaker was right in front of us, I couldn't understand much of what he was saying. I'm always having a hard time understanding words through a speaker in a live situation, even if they're in a language I understand well, but obviously much more in one that takes very clear words for me to understand it. At some concerts it works well and the sound is clear enough, but mostly it isn't. Anyway it's exactly the thought I had the day after the gig, this feeling of it being a new beginning and wanting to do it again and again and again. Ok it's not that far-fetched to feel that, for us fans it's normal, but love it that he said/felt the same. :wub2:

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, mellody said:

I very much agree with those feelings about Tiny Love Reprise. I wasn't sure that we'd hear his Mum's voice, I thought he might sing the part. I wonder if they had discussed both options in advance and that's why the sound guy got confused?

And do you remember when he said that about being happy to meet us again and doing that again and again and again? I think I filmed most of his talking, or even all of it, so I hope I caught that on video... but despite, or because, the speaker was right in front of us, I couldn't understand much of what he was saying. I'm always having a hard time understanding words through a speaker in a live situation, even if they're in a language I understand well, but obviously much more in one that takes very clear words for me to understand it. At some concerts it works well and the sound is clear enough, but mostly it isn't. Anyway it's exactly the thought I had the day after the gig, this feeling of it being a new beginning and wanting to do it again and again and again. Ok it's not that far-fetched to feel that, for us fans it's normal, but love it that he said/felt the same. :wub2:

No I can't remember when, but it was so cute :wub2:   I haven't filmed anything myself but I'll have a look at all the posted videos and try to translate, maybe over the weekend.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your reports. Especially @holdingyourdrink @mellody because I was with you during the whole show and your reports are exactly what I think and what I was feeling during the show. 

Also I was so happy to meet you girls, same for @Nina even if I was to shy to talk haha

Maybe I will write my own report during the weekend but everything has been said and it's perfect that way :)

• Like 4

Soo here I am a week after the concert. I’m not used in doing gig reports as I’m not that good in putting into words what I feel and experience during a Mika concert but, now, all your reports are so real and well written that while reading them I was brought back to the exact moment we were there and felt inspired to write something. 
First of all, I have to say that I was lucky enough to win tickets with Ticket Fairy here on MFC and it’ll seem obvious, but even a week after I still feel honored and privileged to have had the possibility to be there first row after these two years of nothing. It was like coming back to two years ago but at the same there was something special in the air, our (or at least my) first concert after what we’ve been living. I tried several times to imagine how it’d felt and how it was having Mika right in front of me again, but actually I couldn’t anymore (blame on the pandemic). I’m so glad to have refreshed my mind and I really feel regenerated. 
I won’t recap each song as you’ve already seen plenty of videos and I completely share @camille*’s words, 100%. 
The atmosphere was amazing, it felt so good to be back in a venue, to see some friends after years (this is always one of the highlights at Mika’s events!), to feel that adrenaline again and to be amazed again and again seeing Mika coming back on stage. And he definitely was so happy to be back.

I guess my best memory of the concert was exactly that: the happiness in his eyes and the way he looked at the whole audience and at us front row. He really searched our eyes while singing. And smiled. When he looks at you, he literally stares at you, and sings more lines without taking his look away and it feels like he’s singing just for you. It happened more than once that night, and it wasn’t the first time, but I did feel like those looks said more than hundred words in that specific context. I’ll forever keep those moments impressed in my head. 

Cherry on the top of this exquisite cake, Mika liked and retweeted my pics right after the concert, while we were hanging out all together. It couldn’t get any better. 

Now, I’m really looking forward to the dreamy weekend that we’ll be living in a month. :wub2:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, virgi said:

I guess my best memory of the concert was exactly that: the happiness in his eyes and the way he looked at the whole audience and at us front row. He really searched our eyes while singing. And smiled. When he looks at you, he literally stares at you, and sings more lines without taking his look away and it feels like he’s singing just for you. It happened more than once that night, and it wasn’t the first time, but I did feel like those looks said more than hundred words in that specific context. I’ll forever keep those moments impressed in my head. 

That is so intense! That’s such a special feeling, especially after seeing him again after 2 years ❤️ 
I cannot say I have experienced that. He just looked in my general direction :lol3: but I was surrounded with faces he knows well and I am very short, so I am not surprised he most probably overlooked :aah:

• Like 5

Thnk you, THANK YOU for your wonderful reports, @mellody, @camille*, @virgi, @holdingyourdrink and those I forgot. Thank to you we really feel all the emotions. I really enjoyed to read you all in the week  :wub2:

@holdingyourdrink, I'm so happy for you, especially with you drawing ! That's so great ! I must admit I have a little preference for the reports of the "first times". It always gives me some nostalgia.  

5 hours ago, virgi said:

When he looks at you, he literally stares at you, and sings more lines without taking his look away and it feels like he’s singing just for you. 

Even if it's not the same context and I can only imagine the feeling when it's the first time after a pandemic,, I agree with you on this point, that's really the best. I'm still dreamy when  I think of my very first time I had that sensation he was singing "for me". And it was nearly two years ago...

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 10:21 PM, mellody said:

Quoting you again as I found the moment we were talking about on video; it's at the end of We Are Golden (around 3.45 in Romy's video)  He says 'it was a pleasure thank you very much.  It's a joy to meet with you again, and we'll see each other again and again and again'... and he continues miming the 'again and again'  :lustslow:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, camille* said:

Quoting you again as I found the moment we were talking about on video; it's at the end of We Are Golden (around 3.45 in Romy's video)  He says 'it was a pleasure thank you very much.  It's a joy to meet with you again, and we'll see each other again and again and again'... and he continues miming the 'again and again'  :lustslow:

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

On 9/22/2021 at 7:47 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

About the concert:

Can you tell me please what Mika do?

4 minutes ago, MyriamNeeme said:

😭 yo so lucky. And don’t have chance on my life

Yes, I have been very lucky, I am very much aware of this. It’s something many fans wait years for… and I still can’t believe it happened to me.

Mika is very kind to his fans, this can happen to everyone if you wait long enough. You just have to be patient and not force anything. I am sure your opportunity will come, but no one can tell you when 🌸

• Like 3

Yes, I have been very lucky, I am very much aware of this. It’s something many fans wait years for… and I still can’t believe it happened to me.

Mika is very kind to his fans, this can happen to everyone if you wait long enough. You just have to be patient and not force anything. I am sure your opportunity will come, but no one can tell you when 🌸

Can I show what he write you? If you like to share. 

I would like to see your picture and the message. If you like to share