23-24 October 2021: Flowers/Gift for Mika

dcdeb

I am so  happy that you reached more than 100 MFCers Deb .

So we can offer flowers and others. ,I had this amazing experience in Pleyel venue ,it's  exciting to renew it ! :lmfao:

I don't think we'll have time enough to drink or eat on board , Ordering and serving a drink to a hundred people will take more than an hour! And the boat staff will be limited in my opinion...

That's why I prefer the gifts .

• Like 5

Hi ☺️ I've seen Mika receiving so many flowers lately. Just an idea... A smaller flower bouquet 💐 and a basket of yummy french cookies etc? He likes good food... 😁 I'm not sure how much money we have left though 🤷

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sivan said:

Hi ☺️ I've seen Mika receiving so many flowers lately. Just an idea... A smaller flower bouquet 💐 and a basket of yummy french cookies etc? He likes good food... 😁 I'm not sure how much money we have left though 🤷

Flowers, red wine and cookies would be perfect :wub2:

I have made cookies/chocolates for Mika several times in case I got to see him but my son often ended up eating them...howevee once I was able to give him my homemade chocolates before Christmas :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

It's a lovely idea, he is a foodie. :biggrin2: Just be aware that he probably won't be able to accept home baked items due to covid. I think Deb mentioned that in one of the Lives. But professionally made and packaged items should be fine. :yes:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hero said:

It's a lovely idea, he is a foodie. :biggrin2: Just be aware that he probably won't be able to accept home baked items due to covid. I think Deb mentioned that in one of the Lives. But professionally made and packaged items should be fine. :yes:

Yeah I was thinking maybe macarons or something from a professional bakery or a bigger basket with few things. I think he would enjoy that. Flowers die... And he can't eat them 😂😂😂 maybe edible flowers 🤪

Edited by Sivan
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

It would be nice to collect traditional cakes / cookies from all over the world as we will be so many from different side of the world and the fandom is from every part of the world indeed, and bring him a huuuge box full of different cookies. But I think it is not so feasible... I guess!! :teehee::lg:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sivan said:

Yeah I was thinking maybe macarons or something from a professional bakery or a bigger basket with few things. I think he would enjoy that. Flowers die... And he can't eat them 😂😂😂 maybe edible flowers 🤪

There are beautiful chocolate edible flowers and this is a great idea :thumb_yello:

https://www.123fleurs.com/produit/gouter-au-chocolat-25752

https://www.google.com/search?q=bouquet+de+fleurs+en+chocolat+&source=hp&tbm=isch&oq=bouquet+de+fleurs+en+chocolat+&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-hp.12..41j0i512l3j0i30.40849.42940.1.46829.8.7.0.0.0.3.534.1286.3j2j1j5-1.7.0....0...1c.1.34.mobile-heirloom-hp..5.37.3674.AC54ZQDEpQQ#imgrc=k5Fdw9ajp8i-OM

Screenshot_20211003-224313_Firefox Focus.jpg

Screenshot_20211003-224302_Firefox Focus.jpg

Screenshot_20211003-224255_Firefox Focus.jpg

Screenshot_20211003-224338_Firefox Focus.jpg

Screenshot_20211003-224413_Firefox Focus.jpg

Screenshot_20211003-224418_Firefox Focus.jpg

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

I'm loving these ideas. 

One question - does he eat chocolate, macaroons, cookies etc? I know he likes to eat healthily, and has said he doesn't eat desserts. He seems to prefer savoury/salty things. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sivan said:

He's always so happy about flowers. :wub2: I think we can never go wrong with that. I could imagine something to eat instead of the wine tho, when he's busy he sometimes doesn't seem to have time to get food. :lol3:

22 minutes ago, Hero said:

One question - does he eat chocolate, macaroons, cookies etc? I know he likes to eat healthily, and has said he doesn't eat desserts. He seems to prefer savoury/salty things. 

Nice anecdote to that one... when we met him backstage at a TV show in Berlin in 2012 (we had won a M&G), my friend had brought Berliners for him and his band. They're like jam-filled donuts. The lady from the production gave us a pitying look and said sth like "well... you can try, but he doesn't eat carbs.". Mika when he opened the box looked like a child at Christmas and before we could say much he grabbed one of the Berliners and took a bite. :lmfao: Maybe he just was really hungry, who knows, but that was so funny and showed me that it's not always true what we think we know about his eating habits. I suppose he might be just like most of us, knowing that junk food and sweets aren't good for your health and trying to avoid them, but (occasionally) enjoying them nevertheless. :dunno_grin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

The lady from the production gave us a pitying look and said sth like "well... you can try, but he doesn't eat carbs."

🤣 I love this anecdote. Wish I could’ve seen the lady’s face when he took a bite!

And although I do think he goes by a very strict regime right now, judging by his (changed) physique, he knows how and when to splurge 😉 but I also think if anything, then professionally packaged. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mellody said:

He's always so happy about flowers. :wub2: I think we can never go wrong with that. I could imagine something to eat instead of the wine tho, when he's busy he sometimes doesn't seem to have time to get food. :lol3:

Nice anecdote to that one... when we met him backstage at a TV show in Berlin in 2012 (we had won a M&G), my friend had brought Berliners for him and his band. They're like jam-filled donuts. The lady from the production gave us a pitying look and said sth like "well... you can try, but he doesn't eat carbs.". Mika when he opened the box looked like a child at Christmas and before we could say much he grabbed one of the Berliners and took a bite. :lmfao: Maybe he just was really hungry, who knows, but that was so funny and showed me that it's not always true what we think we know about his eating habits. I suppose he might be just like most of us, knowing that junk food and sweets aren't good for your health and trying to avoid them, but (occasionally) enjoying them nevertheless. :dunno_grin:

Some French fans made fraise tagada cookies for him many times and he loves them :wink2: (not saying we should but he does love sweets. He also loved the chocolate piano some fans had offered him (made by professionals) 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

Sorry, I've been out of town for a few days, so I have a lot to reply to here!

On 9/27/2021 at 2:42 AM, IngievV said:

I don't think I will go on the boat trip but I would like to contribute to a gift.

OK, Ingie -- the boat has reached capacity at this point, but if you'd like to contribute a Euro or two, you can Paypal to mfcregister@gmail.com

On 10/3/2021 at 11:24 AM, crazyaboutmika said:

Flowers, red wine and cookies would be perfect :wub2:

I have made cookies/chocolates for Mika several times in case I got to see him but my son often ended up eating them...howevee once I was able to give him my homemade chocolates before Christmas :wub2:

On 10/3/2021 at 1:11 PM, Hero said:

Yes, I'm worried that if we go to the trouble of making some homemade goodies that they might end up in the bin due to health and safety concerns. I'm awaiting an answer from his team to be sure about this, though.

On 10/3/2021 at 2:11 PM, Sivan said:

But believe me, he really, REALLY loves flowers. So I don't think we can go wrong with a huge bouquet.

21 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

There are beautiful chocolate edible flowers and this is a great idea :thumb_yello:

I'll look into this, Anne, thanks.

And an update on this:

I have gotten some contributions from a few people who are not going on the boat, but wanted to pitch in for the flowers/gift.

If you'd like to as well, you can send the money to us via Paypal to mfcregister@gmail.com  Please don't feel obligated, and please don't send more than a few Euros, as we do have a good sum of money already.

I figure we'll need about 300-400€ to get a large bouquet/basket for Mika and then the smaller one for the conductor. As long as we stay in that price range, we should be OK.  :thumb_yello:

• Like 13

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, I'm worried that if we go to the trouble of making some homemade goodies that they might end up in the bin due to health and safety concerns. I'm awaiting an answer from his team to be sure about this, though.

I remember many years ago his team told us that he doesn't accept homemade food from fans, and Robertina had to ask his tour manager if she could send him her homemade lasagna. And given the actual situation, probably would be even more difficult...

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

But believe me, he really, REALLY loves flowers. So I don't think we can go wrong with a huge bouquet

Or maybe we can order a nice floral arrangement that matches the symphonic theme, something like:

floral.jpg

Screenshot (184).png

• Like 11

3 hours ago, krysady said:

I remember many years ago his team told us that he doesn't accept homemade food from fans, and Robertina had to ask his tour manager if she could send him her homemade lasagna. And given the actual situation, probably would be even more difficult...

Or maybe we can order a nice floral arrangement that matches the symphonic theme, something like:

floral.jpg

Screenshot (184).png

Those are interesting! Where did you find them?

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 10:46 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

OMG I'm hungry now !!!!:naughty:

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Those are artificial flowers, I found them on AliExpress looking for violin floral arrangement: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000411178720.html 

I think this kind of stuff would be perfect with natural flowers

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, carafon said:

I think this kind of stuff would be perfect with natural flowers

Of course, artificial flowers are out of the question, it must be natural flowers! This was just for getting an idea, I hope some fans from Paris could find a flowershop able to make something similar. In my hometown they use some sort of wires and wood to build up different shapes of frames, then cover them with flowers.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, krysady said:

Of course, artificial flowers are out of the question, it must be natural flowers! This was just for getting an idea, I hope some fans from Paris could find a flowershop able to make something similar. In my hometown they use some sort of wires and wood to build up different shapes of frames, then cover them with flowers.

Maybe one medium bouquet like that and a small  made with chocolate one may be an option if we are rich enough 

Edited by carafon
  • Like 4

I will join you. Just , I'm not sure I have the paypal option. So,  how I can pay if it doesn't work with paypal ? 

EDIT : well, it doesn't work with paypal

Edited by Presci1108

On 10/10/2021 at 5:45 PM, Presci1108 said:

I will join you. Just , I'm not sure I have the paypal option. So,  how I can pay if it doesn't work with paypal ? 

EDIT : well, it doesn't work with paypal

If you want to add a small contribution for the flowers/gift and don't have paypal, you can just give it to Deb in Paris. Maybe write her a DM to let her know how much she can expect from you, so she can count it in.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mellody said:

If you want to add a small contribution for the flowers/gift and don't have paypal, you can just give it to Deb in Paris. Maybe write her a DM to let her know how much she can expect from you, so she can count it in.

Thank you !