23-24 October 2021: Flowers/Gift for Mika

dcdeb

Yes, that's great, Pascale. Thank you!

Also, wanted to mention that several people have asked me if we are going to give flowers or something to Ida and Max, now that we have found out they will be accompanying Mika for these concerts.

We have never done that before, and to be honest, we are spending almost everything on the flowers for Mika and Simon Leclerc.

What do you all think?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Also, wanted to mention that several people have asked me if we are going to give flowers or something to Ida and Max, now that we have found out they will be accompanying Mika for these concerts.

We have never done that before, and to be honest, we are spending almost everything on the flowers for Mika and Simon Leclerc.

What do you all think?

and the guitarist and the orchestra, and the choir and the production and.... where should we stop? :dunno: I know there was talk about getting flowers for Ida on Sunday if we see she's there on Saturday, but then also Max? They'll get the flowers in the dressing room, not on stage, so I don't think it matters if just Mika and Simon Leclerc get them, or just them and Ida ... but anyway, as you say, there isn't much budget left after ordering the flowers for Mika and Simon Leclerc, I think either we leave it at that, or we get something really small, like a single white rose with a bit of green for Ida, Max and the guitarist (at least ... maybe also the choir chef?), or just another bouquet of white roses for Ida, like the one for Simon Leclerc.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

What do you all think?

Well, I think it would be nice to give flowers to a woman. As you say they will be sent to the dressing rooms, not on stage.

And you said during the zoom meeting that Mika's bouquet will be huge. So maybe you could adjust your order and make a smaller bouquet for Mika and a similar bouquet as for Simon for Ida? Maybe red roses?

I don't know - maybe some fans would like to add some money directly in Paris? But it makes things complicated with the payment to the florist. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And you said during the zoom meeting that Mika's bouquet will be huge. So maybe you could adjust your order and make a smaller bouquet for Mika and a similar bouquet as for Simon for Ida?

I agree to give Ida and Max a small gift too if there is money left over, but I don't think it should be at Mika's expense, Mika deserves a huge bouquet of flowers. :yes:

As Anne said, we are Mika's fan club. If someone wants to give something bigger to Ida and Max, I think it should be their fan clubs. :original:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I agree to give Ida and Max a small gift too if there is money left over, but I don't think it should be at Mika's expense, Mika deserves a huge bouquet of flowers. :yes:

As Anne said, we are Mika's fan club. If someone wants to give something bigger to Ida and Max, I think it should be their fan clubs. :original:

Why to give a small gift to Max? He is one of the band's members, I don't see the point. Now if we go this way, we should give a gift to the concertmaster as well, he plays the most important role in an orchestra after the conductor. Nothing can be done without the first violin :dunno:

I don't think we can put on the same level Ida with Max. If there's some money left, maybe a small bouquet for Ida would be nice, but the most important is Mika, everything is happening because of him :wink2:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 4

Ida has been coming along for many years, so I wouldn’t mind that at all. 

I did get something small for Mika tho, not sure if I’ll be able to give it (a dutch Chocolate letter, from Tony’s Chocolonely, a fairtrade dutch brand). If I can’t give it, we’ll just share it lol.

• Like 1

OK, I didn't mean for this to cause any division amongst fans! Obviously, in a perfect world with unlimited funds, we would be as generous as possible to everyone!

I think the arrangement for Mika is pretty well set; I don't really want to scale it back at this point as I'm supposed to pay today.

I can ask the florist how much it will cost to add on a few things -- I suppose we could do a single rose for Ida and maybe a buttoniere for Max? I can't remember - has he had one at the previous symphonic concerts?

But to be honest, my opinion is that the people who gave money already, gave it with the intent that it should go to something for Mika, not other people, and I would prefer to honor that. After hearing from many of you here, I get the feeling maybe you feel that way as well?  :dunno:

• Like 8

I think it's a good point what someone said here that Max has his own fan club, and is "just" a band member, while Ida is an old friend of Mika who has been with him since the beginning. I suppose that's where my feeling comes from that when there's money left we might consider getting something for Ida, but not for Max. I think the Max FC consists mostly of Mika fans, and I'm sure some of them will be going to those gigs - I'd say it's up to them to get something for him. :dunno:

Anyway, I definitely wouldn't want to make Mika's bouquet smaller. If we had the budget to fill his whole room with flowers, I would. :wub2:

• Like 9

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

OK, I didn't mean for this to cause any division amongst fans! Obviously, in a perfect world with unlimited funds, we would be as generous as possible to everyone!

I think the arrangement for Mika is pretty well set; I don't really want to scale it back at this point as I'm supposed to pay today.

I can ask the florist how much it will cost to add on a few things -- I suppose we could do a single rose for Ida and maybe a buttoniere for Max? I can't remember - has he had one at the previous symphonic concerts?

But to be honest, my opinion is that the people who gave money already, gave it with the intent that it should go to something for Mika, not other people, and I would prefer to honor that. After hearing from many of you here, I get the feeling maybe you feel that way as well?  :dunno:

If there isn´t any money left for a few roses for Ida I will give you 10 Euros on Friday when we meet. I really think we should get her a few roses.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

If there isn´t any money left for a few roses for Ida I will give you 10 Euros on Friday when we meet. I really think we should get her a few roses.

I don't know if @dcdeb even has the time now to organize it, on top of everything else, as she's flying to Paris from the US and leaving tomorrow. But if she can, I think she'd prefer paypal to cash. It's a lot to organize with the boat trip, part of the Saturday meetup (tho luckily the French girls do most of that), flowers, and her own travel arrangements, and still have the time to enjoy Mika. And random donations for this and that while she's in Paris won't help to make it easier. So if you have paypal, I think it's better to avoid bringing cash for things like that. :wink2:

• Like 5

I am so sorry about this, but I am out of time. I leave for the airport in a few hours and still have a million things to do.

Will try to sort flowers for Ida out once I'm in Paris! Thanks everybody! See (a lot of) you real soon!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mary_50 said:

Hello, I won't be at the MFC meetings, so I wanted to contribute to the flowers, so I was wondering where can I send the money? :D

I think they already have enough money for the flowers, but if you want to make a contribution please send it by Paypal to mfcregister@gmail.com 

• Like 1

I wanted to be sure to thank everyone who contributed to the flowers for Mika and the conductor this past weekend in Paris.

I think you may have seen Mika's IG story that included our flowers:

The florist sent me a photo of the flowers as they looked before he delivered them, after he delivered them - if that makes sense! LOL!

Anyhow, here they are. They were spectacular!

2021-10-23-bouquet.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3