France Musique - 19th of October 2021 - Les Larmes de Mika

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

But guess I'll listen to the podcast on their site instead, because I don't have the impression that the current show involves Mika, although it says so on their site. It's already the 3rd song, I surely would have heard him talk by now... I don't get it, did they cancel the program tonight?

Yes, Mika said something about every song. :original:

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

I want to listen on their website to let them know that people are interested in Mika. Ideally live. But guess I'll listen to the podcast on their site instead, because I don't have the impression that the current show involves Mika, although it says so on their site. It's already the 3rd song, I surely would have heard him talk by now... I don't get it, did they cancel the program tonight? :blink:

I don't know what happened. Some French fans couldn't listen it live as well.

Actually I clicked on the podcast icon to listen.

It is already strange that the podcast was active already yesterday.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mellody said:

I want to listen on their website to let them know that people are interested in Mika. Ideally live. But guess I'll listen to the podcast on their site instead, because I don't have the impression that the current show involves Mika, although it says so on their site. It's already the 3rd song, I surely would have heard him talk by now... I don't get it, did they cancel the program tonight? :blink:

Don't stay on "direct" broadcast it's not Mika

Go to the podcast and you'll get the whole emission

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mellody said:

Oh, OK. Now I know. The radio is on strike because of some changes proposed by Production. You can hear a woman saying it from time to time inbetween music.

So there is no program scheduled for today.

Good that we have the podcast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes. Radio is on strike. No scheduled broadcasts.

I know ....it already been from a while so I asked a few days ago on twitter if Mika was going to be on strike too but didn't get any answer:naughty:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, mellody said:

It's because the France Musique site is on strike right now.

I found it last night

The direct link works from my tweet if you click on it inside my tweet

Or go to https://www.francemusique.fr/programmes/2021-10-19

Go to this page, you will find five minutes clips of Mika, continue to scroll down until you find the one hour version. 

I shared it on youtube it seems there is no copyright issue

It is sound only

https://youtu.be/dYPmlYO7aQ0

Edit: You did a much better job than me Eriko :flowers2: :punk: :hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

So I just finished listening to the podcast. Interesting choice of songs, most of it is definitely music I usually wouldn't listen to, and I like it that he explains why he chose those particular songs. Although I don't understand everything in French, but I think I get the general idea. And hearing him say a few words in German is always a delight. :wub2:

I like listening to classical music occasionally, and also to jazz/swing, but there's a broad spectrum of music/sounds within these. I certainly couldn't listen to 9 minutes of that Hiroshima song Mika played, I endured the bit he did play but it hurt my ears. That's the point, I suppose, because when you write a piece about the victims of Hiroshima, it can't be pleasant and beautiful. So it's probably more like when you watch a movie or documentary about Hiroshima, you watch it to get an idea of what happened, to feel for the victims, and not to see a cute Disney movie. I certainly can hear the emotions in the song, and in general I like the idea that a song tells a story, even without words, just with the music.

In fact that's a very natural approach to music, my son loves doing that when he hits random keys on our piano, he tries to tell a story with it, or describe something. Like today, he played a few bits to describe his different carnivorous plants with music. Of course what he's doing is all pretty random, but I find it fascinating that he's interested in trying to describe a venus flytrap or a pitcher plant by playing keys on the piano.

But back to Mika's playlist, I liked the jazz piece, and the Kurt Weill song. The latter is the only piece I knew, of all the ones he played, though I'm not sure I've heard this version before. That's pretty cool with the street organ sound, it makes me think of traditional fun fairs and of old movies, and listening to it I can just see before my inner eye someone's standing in the street next to a street organ, mid last century, and singing the story of Mack the Knife. Well it does help that I understand the lyrics, not sure I'd like it much if I didn't.

Which in fact is my problem with opera - I can hardly ever understand the lyrics of that, even if it's in German, because of the way they sing. Muchless in Italian or other languages. Anyway Mika makes me curious of it. I should watch those Casa Mika episodes soon where he introduced opera, I think I've never watched those completely with subtitles, just skipped through.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mellody said:

So I just finished listening to the podcast. Interesting choice of songs, most of it is definitely music I usually wouldn't listen to, and I like it that he explains why he chose those particular songs. Although I don't understand everything in French, but I think I get the general idea. And hearing him say a few words in German is always a delight. :wub2:

I like listening to classical music occasionally, and also to jazz/swing, but there's a broad spectrum of music/sounds within these. I certainly couldn't listen to 9 minutes of that Hiroshima song Mika played, I endured the bit he did play but it hurt my ears. That's the point, I suppose, because when you write a piece about the victims of Hiroshima, it can't be pleasant and beautiful. So it's probably more like when you watch a movie or documentary about Hiroshima, you watch it to get an idea of what happened, to feel for the victims, and not to see a cute Disney movie. I certainly can hear the emotions in the song, and in general I like the idea that a song tells a story, even without words, just with the music.

In fact that's a very natural approach to music, my son loves doing that when he hits random keys on our piano, he tries to tell a story with it, or describe something. Like today, he played a few bits to describe his different carnivorous plants with music. Of course what he's doing is all pretty random, but I find it fascinating that he's interested in trying to describe a venus flytrap or a pitcher plant by playing keys on the piano.

But back to Mika's playlist, I liked the jazz piece, and the Kurt Weill song. The latter is the only piece I knew, of all the ones he played, though I'm not sure I've heard this version before. That's pretty cool with the street organ sound, it makes me think of traditional fun fairs and of old movies, and listening to it I can just see before my inner eye someone's standing in the street next to a street organ, mid last century, and singing the story of Mack the Knife. Well it does help that I understand the lyrics, not sure I'd like it much if I didn't.

Which in fact is my problem with opera - I can hardly ever understand the lyrics of that, even if it's in German, because of the way they sing. Muchless in Italian or other languages. Anyway Mika makes me curious of it. I should watch those Casa Mika episodes soon where he introduced opera, I think I've never watched those completely with subtitles, just skipped through.

Your son is a natural born artist :wub2:

I'm not into classical music either but I did enjoy listening to Mika and the songs he chose. It was relaxing to me at a time when I needed it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 7:56 PM, carafon said:

Am I the only one who understands that it may not be a "one shot" but that he considers doing more  ?

Next broadcast will be on air on 30th November, 20.00 !

Or just a replay of the 19th of Oct. ?? I’m not sure...:confused:

Les mille musiques qu’aime Mika

27/11/2021

Marion Mayer

Télérama

Vivaldi, Nina Simone… L’artiste pop confie, sur France Musique, ses émois musicaux avec un naturel touchant.

Il ne « pleure pas facilement », mais le premier confinement a aiguisé sa sensibilité : « Je me suis mis à écouter de la musique tous les matins, sans aucune distraction », explique le chanteur Mika, connu pour ses tubes (dont Relax) et les conseils qu’il prodigue dans The Voice, sur TF1. Un jour, au son de Vivaldi, l’émotion l’a submergé. Alors, il a baptisé sa carte blanche sur France Musique Les larmes de Mika. Il y exprime sa passion pour la musique du répertoire classique et jazz et propose « un voyage, du XIIe siècle en Europe jusqu’à Harlem dans les années 1960 ».

Au micro, il est attachant, drôle et naturel. « C’est un fabuleux bosseur, ­estime Christophe Dilys, producteur délégué de l’émission. Il a une intelligence de la transition : parfois, il parle, on se demande où il va et on s’aperçoit qu’il nous amène au prochain morceau avec une aisance incroyable ! » On parcourt avec émotion deux interprétations de Black Is the Colour of My True Love’s Hair de Nina Simone. On revient aussi sur le destin de Mack the Knife — interprété notamment par Ella Fitzgerald —, tiré de L’Opéra de quat’sous de Bertolt Brecht et Kurt Weill. Le mélomane n’hésite pas à passer de Charlie Parker à Hildegarde de Bingen, « compositrice punk du xiie siècle ». Son émission est éclectique, à son image. Et démontre que hiérarchiser les genres musicaux est vain : « La vérité, c’est qu’il n’y a pas de règle. » — Marion Mayer

| Réalisation : Arnaud Chappatte. 60 mn.

2T Les larmes de Mika - Mardi 20.00 - France Musique

https://www.francemusique.fr/emissions/les-larmes-de-mika

https://www.francemusique.fr/programmes/2021-11-30

http://radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/rss_22901.xml

Edited by NaoMika
  • Thanks 1

Telerama

Publié le 29/11/21

https://www.telerama.fr/radio/sur-france-musique-les-mille-melopees-qu-aime-mika-7007476.php

Radio & Podcasts

Sur France Musique, les mille mélopées qu’aime Mika

Vivaldi, Nina Simone… Dans “Les larmes de Mika”, sa carte blanche sur France Musique, l’artiste pop confie ses éclectiques émois musicaux avec un naturel touchant.

Il ne « pleure pas facilement », mais le premier confinement a aiguisé sa sensibilité : « Je me suis mis à écouter de la musique tous les matins, sans aucune distraction », explique le chanteur Mika, connu pour ses tubes (dont Relax), sa tessiture étendue et les conseils qu’il prodigue dans The Voice, sur TF1. Un jour, au son de Vivaldi, l’émotion l’a submergé. Alors, il a baptisé sa carte blanche sur France Musique Les larmes de Mika. Il y exprime sa passion pour la musique du répertoire classique et jazz et propose « un voyage, du XIIe siècle en Europe jusqu’à Harlem dans les années 1960 ».

Au micro, il est attachant, drôle et naturel. « C’est un fabuleux bosseur, estime Christophe Dilys, producteur délégué de l’émission. Il a une intelligence de la transition : parfois, il parle, on se demande où il va et on s’aperçoit qu’il nous amène au prochain morceau avec une aisance incroyable ! » On parcourt avec émotion deux interprétations de Black Is the Colour of My True Love’s Hair de Nina Simone. On revient aussi sur le destin de Mack the Knife — interprété notamment par Ella Fitzgerald —, tiré de L’Opéra de quat’sous de Bertolt Brecht et Kurt Weill. Le mélomane n’hésite pas à passer de Charlie Parker à Hildegarde de Bingen, « compositrice punk du XIIe siècle », faisant ainsi dialoguer les époques et les styles. Son émission est éclectique, à son image (il a appris le chant au Royal College of Music de Londres). Et démontre que hiérarchiser les genres musicaux est vain : « La vérité, c’est qu’il n’y a pas de règle. »

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

On France Musique, the thousand chants that Mika loves

Vivaldi, Nina Simone… In “Les larmes de Mika”, his carte blanche on France Musique, the pop artist shares his eclectic musical emotions with a touching naturalness.

He does not "cry easily", but the first confinement sharpened his sensitivity: "I started listening to music every morning, without any distraction," explains singer Mika, known for his hits (including Relax), his wide range and the advice he gives in The Voice, on TF1. One day, at the sound of Vivaldi, emotion overwhelmed him. So, he named his carte blanche on France Musique Les larmes de Mika. He expresses his passion for classical and jazz repertoire music and offers "a journey from the 12th century in Europe to Harlem in the 1960s".

On the microphone, he's endearing, funny and natural. "He's a fabulous hard worker," said Christophe Dilys, executive producer of the show. He has a transitional intelligence: sometimes he talks, we wonder where he's going and we find him leading us to the next track with incredible ease! "We go through with emotion two interpretations of Black Is the Color of My True Love's Hair by Nina Simone. We also come back to the fate of Mack the Knife - performed by Ella Fitzgerald in particular - from L’Opéra de quat’sous by Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill. The music lover does not hesitate to switch from Charlie Parker to Hildegarde de Bingen, "punk composer of the 12th century", thus creating a dialogue between eras and styles. His show is eclectic, just like him (he learned singing at the Royal College of Music in London). And shows that prioritizing musical genres is futile: "The truth is, there are no rules. "

telerama.thumb.jpg.57e81e31e2882d2e33f491123d8899ef.jpg