MIKA : Il Testimone : Sky Italia Documentaries on 6 November 2021

Kumazzz

11 hours ago, Michelle Blondet said:

I could download from the links that @Kumazzz shared ;-) 

Just in case some people couldn't see in youtube ;-)

Have a nice day ;-) 

I am very late, but it is not to mean less. Thank you!  :flowers2:  :huglove:

• Like 3

I don’t understand one bit (okay, maybe the beginning where Mika talks about his past - I’ve actually can understand that bit in English, French AND Italian 😆), but boy did I love to watch it! 

When I don’t understand a language, I automatically notice different things and pay attention to body language and facial expressions much more. He is simply adorkable (yup @Hero, just using it again 😉), I can’t wait for the translation!! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I don’t understand one bit (okay, maybe the beginning where Mika talks about his past - I’ve actually can understand that bit in English, French AND Italian 😆), but boy did I love to watch it! 

When I don’t understand a language, I automatically notice different things and pay attention to body language and facial expressions much more. He is simply adorkable (yup @Hero, just using it again 😉), I can’t wait for the translation!! 

:lol3: I don't have copyright on it, feel free! I'm sure I saw it on here somewhere before.

I was actually surprised at how much I did understand, mostly due to context or because we already know the story. It'll be great to see what I missed in the translation - all those little jokes and banter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

:lol3: I don't have copyright on it, feel free! I'm sure I saw it on here somewhere before.

I was actually surprised at how much I did understand, mostly due to context or because we already know the story. It'll be great to see what I missed in the translation - all those little jokes and banter. 

I understood most of it, and yes, you will enjoy it even more when you get the translation. It was fabulous! I just wish the video wasn't so dark and the editing was a bit better. And I guess I could have done without so much of seeing Pif eating up close. :lol3:

I did want to point out, in case you didn't know, that you can see subtitles of an automatic translation when you watch by clicking on the  CC in the box in the lower right corner of the video. It's not 100% accurate, but it does get a lot right -- at least it's something until our MFC Subs Team has a chance to work their magic!

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

I watched the documentary with subtitles yesterday, and it gave me a different feeling than when I had watched it without understanding much. Maybe it was because this time I was more busy with reading subtitles than with watching him. The part from his studio where he talked about his music industry colleagues was very interesting... also what he said about writing songs. That he writes a song and starts from scratch, and when it's finished he doesn't know if it's beautiful or not and doesn't know for a few months, until he finally releases it, and then his hearts gets trampled upon by the horses, especially the mean colleagues. :tears: I'm not his colleague, but I think I'll be a lot more careful with judgements about his songs from now on. Like, take a song like "Blue", it means so much to him, it's so personal and intimate. I always liked that one, but for a long time I didn't like "Over my shoulder", because I just didn't understand what it's about. It's understandable that it hurts him if people criticize a song that means so much to him. And well, I don't think he expects everyone to like every song, but some of the criticism is just really harsh and judgmental, without even understanding what the song is about. Well, tastes are different, and criticism could also be about the way the song is produced instead of about the song itself, I think most random music listeners don't make much of a difference between that. And many people, especially if English isn't their fist language, might just listen to how the song sounds, or maybe how the words sound, without trying to understand the meaning of the lyrics - which, I think, mean a lot to Mika himself. I remember when I met him during the acoustic tour in 2009 and he asked me which was my fave of the new songs (or maybe I just told him, not sure...) and I said "Good Gone Girl" - he looked at me curiously and asked why... I didn't really have a reason, so I just said because it makes me want to dance, he didn't seem very satisfied with that reply... :lmfao: But I had not much of a clue of what the song was even about - at that point he had just sung it live at a few gigs, we didn't have a recorded version, or even all the lyrics. And well, even now, knowing the lyrics to that song, I'm still not sure what he actually wants to say with it. :dunno_grin: Anyway, I'm digressing. This part of the documentary definitely was one of the most interesting to me, and I think also one of the most honest and open things he said. There were some more of such moments, but I think hearing Mika talk about his music and the way he writes songs, is just something I could listen to for hours. :wub2:

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

I watched the documentary with subtitles yesterday, and it gave me a different feeling than when I had watched it without understanding much. Maybe it was because this time I was more busy with reading subtitles than with watching him. The part from his studio where he talked about his music industry colleagues was very interesting... also what he said about writing songs. That he writes a song and starts from scratch, and when it's finished he doesn't know if it's beautiful or not and doesn't know for a few months, until he finally releases it, and then his hearts gets trampled upon by the horses, especially the mean colleagues. :tears: I'm not his colleague, but I think I'll be a lot more careful with judgements about his songs from now on. Like, take a song like "Blue", it means so much to him, it's so personal and intimate. I always liked that one, but for a long time I didn't like "Over my shoulder", because I just didn't understand what it's about. It's understandable that it hurts him if people criticize a song that means so much to him. And well, I don't think he expects everyone to like every song, but some of the criticism is just really harsh and judgmental, without even understanding what the song is about. Well, tastes are different, and criticism could also be about the way the song is produced instead of about the song itself, I think most random music listeners don't make much of a difference between that. And many people, especially if English isn't their fist language, might just listen to how the song sounds, or maybe how the words sound, without trying to understand the meaning of the lyrics - which, I think, mean a lot to Mika himself. I remember when I met him during the acoustic tour in 2009 and he asked me which was my fave of the new songs (or maybe I just told him, not sure...) and I said "Good Gone Girl" - he looked at me curiously and asked why... I didn't really have a reason, so I just said because it makes me want to dance, he didn't seem very satisfied with that reply... :lmfao: But I had not much of a clue of what the song was even about - at that point he had just sung it live at a few gigs, we didn't have a recorded version, or even all the lyrics. And well, even now, knowing the lyrics to that song, I'm still not sure what he actually wants to say with it. :dunno_grin: Anyway, I'm digressing. This part of the documentary definitely was one of the most interesting to me, and I think also one of the most honest and open things he said. There were some more of such moments, but I think hearing Mika talk about his music and the way he writes songs, is just something I could listen to for hours. :wub2:

This is very well put and I agree with you. It obviously hurts if something you've laboured over is received negatively, or even trashed, and I think that's often forgotten in music circles. I also thought it sad when he lamented there not being a "club" of musicians any more, that they all work alone. 😕 That ties in with the post he made on meeting Benjamin Clementine for the first time, about music houses being like castles preventing artistic exchange. I also thought that if anyone is able to change that, it's Mika, with the way he surrounds himself with people who support his work, like David Sneddon and Amy Wadge. 

So much love, respect and admiration for this man. ❤  And I loved his method of drying off after the show. :naughty:

• Like 8

On 12/28/2021 at 12:33 AM, mellody said:

The part from his studio where he talked about his music industry colleagues was very interesting... also what he said about writing songs. That he writes a song and starts from scratch, and when it's finished he doesn't know if it's beautiful or not and doesn't know for a few months,

This is interesting to read and also gives me a different feeling now when he releases (small snippets) of new songs. Like the snippet of the story he deleted with the lyrics “changing the colours of my skin” and the latest and incredibly spontaneous IG Live with Wadge which we on the forum call “if I were you”. Maybe (most probably?) he wants to read the reaction to it, both fans and maybe even (befriended) colleagues alike. Because he doesn’t know himself.

I’ve only just discovered “Blame it on the weather” to be a Mika song (always thought it was a cover!) and also found the song discussion topic here on the MFC. Scanning through the comments, they were mostly negative in the beginning (perhaps Mika has seen them and decided to NOT release the song), whereas the comments grew more positive in the whole 19 pages of discussion the song. Sometimes a song needs to grow on people. He is in the creative process and for him it’s clear, both the meaning of the song as the intention and what emotion(s) it provokes (which is a different from whether he likes it or not). But for listeners, it takes time for this to happen. And it seems the first reaction is criticism rather than constructive feedback (which is hard! Because a song means something different to everyone, and he knows this very well.)

For me personally it’s interesting to see he doesn’t know if he likes the song or not. I actually recognize this when I am drawing: I have an idea in my head, I also know what story I would like to tell and I kind of know what it will look like. Then I start and I change and I tweak and after many hours of working on and staring at it, I can honestly say I both hate and love it in equal measure. I don’t know if I truly like it myself after I have put it in a folder away from me, until I revisit it again after a few weeks... I put it on social media to see what the reaction is going to be like, but until then, after it’s finished, it needs to grow on me and find its place.

• Like 2

Finally got round to watching all of Il Testimone and it's such a wonderful insight into Mika's working life. It it's so funny too, right from beginning to end! I love that it starts and ends in pyjamas 😁. And at the start I can't believe that Mika had to think hard about having a brother! 
  Pussy the rabbit?!  :facepalm: I have questions about that name but I'm not sure I want the answer 😅.
  I already knew a little about his school experience but to hear more about the horrible teacher he had really sounds traumatic. The nerve of her turning up at a CD signing years later 😡 (I'd have burned the letter too!). I'm glad he found strength in his music and has become the successful man he is today!
   I laughed so much when he was using his phone to talk, I think I'll use "You're a bag of pizza" as an insult from now on! But please Mika don't do a entire concert like that!
   The whole documentary is really interesting and well worth another watch, and it has taught me 2 things: using the stairs is good for lymphatic drainage, and eat the whole vegetable! 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Finally got round to watching all of Il Testimone and it's such a wonderful insight into Mika's working life. It it's so funny too, right from beginning to end! I love that it starts and ends in pyjamas 😁. And at the start I can't believe that Mika had to think hard about having a brother! 
  Pussy the rabbit?!  :facepalm: I have questions about that name but I'm not sure I want the answer 😅.
  I already knew a little about his school experience but to hear more about the horrible teacher he had really sounds traumatic. The nerve of her turning up at a CD signing years later 😡 (I'd have burned the letter too!). I'm glad he found strength in his music and has become the successful man he is today!
   I laughed so much when he was using his phone to talk, I think I'll use "You're a bag of pizza" as an insult from now on! But please Mika don't do a entire concert like that!
   The whole documentary is really interesting and well worth another watch, and it has taught me 2 things: using the stairs is good for lymphatic drainage, and eat the whole vegetable! 

I remember one interview where he said sometimes friends would come round and they'd go in the yard to play "chasing pussy". :naughty::facepalm:

• Haha 2

• 10 months later...

REPLAY will be broadcast on 16 November 2022 - 24:00

8 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

TV Sorrisi e Canzoni - 8 Novembre 2022

page 105

IL TESTIMONE

TV8 ore 24.00

Nel 2021 il ritorno di Pif con la sua videocamera ha aperto le trasmissioni di Sky Documentaries. Oggi quelle puntate arrivano in chiaro su Tv8. Pif incontra, fra gli altri, Mika e i The Jackal.

1199484975_TVSorrisieCanzoni-8Novembre2022-105-108_pages-to-jpg-0001.jpg.0a365120459ed7598214d824752515ab.jpg

page 108

16 novembre MERCOLEDÌ

TV 8 - 24.00 IL TESTIMONE «Mika» Doc.

il_testimone.thumb.jpg.f8cfd849ae76cf6c3b1fe23eb66a829c.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
typo
  • Like 1

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClBNRGsDmdI/

Twitter

Curiosi di scoprire i segreti del cantante più glamour?

Questa sera @pif_iltestimone incontrerà Mika e lo seguirà in due momenti molto diversi della sua vita.

#IlTestimone vi aspetta in seconda serata in prima visione 📹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here is VIDEO links, just make sure.

MP4 files by @Michelle Blondet

On 11/7/2021 at 6:28 PM, Michelle Blondet said:

I could download from the links that @Kumazzz shared ;-) 

Just in case some people couldn't see in youtube ;-)

Have a nice day ;-) 

FACEBOOK

1. Il Testimone - MIKA (partie 1)
  2. Il Testimone - MIKA (partie 2)

MikaWebSite ( Thanks a lot @Antoine )

1. Mika - Il Testimone - 06.11.2021 - Part 01/02
  2. Mika - Il Testimone - 06.11.2021 - Part 02/02

BiliBili ( Thanks a lot @PYZ_Moustache ) Chinese subtitles

1. https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1mb4y1j7Ta/?spm_id_from=333.788.video.desc.click
  2. https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV18W4y1y7Jk/?spm_id_from=333.788.video.desc.click

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

I watched it again yesterday and I enjoyed it a lot thank you to Michelle and to you Eriko :group_hug:Even though I translated parts of it I didn't remember everything and it is really good :wub2:

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Re-broadcast

18 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

TV Sorrisi e Canzoni N.34 - 15 Agosto 2023

Sky Documentaries

• 23 agosto MERCOLEDÌ

IL TESTIMONE

Pif incontra Mika,

il cantante più glamour del momento. Lo segue con la telecamera durante una giornata di riprese di X Factor e in altri due momenti molto diversi: a casa, in cucina, e sul palcoscenico per una delle sue esibizioni.

page 101

TVSorrisieCanzoniN.34-15Agosto2023-101_page-0001.thumb.jpg.1ab5ce3ed306cae24be0cd675b3d5b42.jpg

TVSorrisieCanzoniN.34-15Agosto2023-page-101.thumb.jpg.be60edb323eb6c4d095b60146d71d054.jpg

Sky Documentaries

• 23 agosto MERCOLEDÌ 2023

IL TESTIMONE

Pif incontra Mika,

il cantante più glamour del momento. Lo segue con la telecamera durante una giornata di riprese di X Factor e in altri due momenti molto diversi: a casa, in cucina, e sul palcoscenico per una delle sue esibizioni.

TVSorrisieCanzoniN.34-15Agosto2023-101_page-0001.thumb.jpg.1ab5ce3ed306cae24be0cd675b3d5b42.jpg

TVSorrisieCanzoniN.34-15Agosto2023-page-101.thumb.jpg.be60edb323eb6c4d095b60146d71d054.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Re-broadcast

Sky Documentaries

• 23 agosto MERCOLEDÌ 2023

IL TESTIMONE

Pif incontra Mika,

@Kumazzz thank you so much Eriko

:thumb_yello:

• Like 1