2021 @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 October REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

silver

On 10/26/2021 at 7:08 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

@mellody  

Here is the part before BLUE (the second video below)

WARNING!!

Please prepare MIKA tissues.

It was hard to write all this with tears in my eyes.

First Mika translates the lyrics into French.

"... Blue is deep and bold
Blue is like no other
spiritual  old

We like watching the blue water of the sea - it makes us dreaming

But when it's raining - blue is falling from the sky

And all this to tell you that what ever happens in your life..

I promise you 

I will love the sun, yellow,

green, red...  even violet

I will promise you that even in the hardest and dark moments 

I will love the blue in you too

This song I dedicate tonight to a person which brought me here (on stage) and which brings me from up there,

and which brings me here tonight...

This song is for my mother..."

Thank you Anna. I think we all cried a little with this one. :tears: :group_hug:

• Like 6

So Ì have a little time to start my report(s)
It all started when the concerts were announced. At first I was in two minds because I wanted to see Mika again but classical orchestras remind me of having to attend boring classical concerts my mother had booked when I was young and that were such a despair for me...but with Mika I knew it would be different. Maybe I didn't really wanted to believe they would happen either since Carcassonne had been cancelled in 2021 and covid could get in the way any time...after a bit of thinking I decided to do as I always do now for Mika gigs which is to plan as if everything is going to happen, buy tickets and get ready anyway and if it doesn't work out there will always be another time. Then the next step was to get ticks which was really complicated as always with Mika :lmfao: I knew there would be tickets for MFCers but we didn't have more details so my friend Vicki and I decided to try to get tickets on the first day they were sold online. So I got in the queue on pc and phone and Vicki on her pc while updating ea ch other on messenger. My queues froze and Vicki got two balcony seats for both nights bless her. After that I was also in two minds about getting the covid shots but I knew I would at some point since I really wanted to see Mika. So I ended up getting the shots after waiting long enough to think it wouldn't have side effects like growing a crocodile tail or a girafe neck or whatever and I went for them. Mika is worth anything. There was another big step which was travelling on my own  (a big step for my husband who used not to let me go by myself) I used to travel by myself when I was young so I figured everything would go well even if organizing things was not simple and I felt like a teenager once I left. At first my son dropped me at the bus station at 9:45 PM but the bus was late and showed up at 11 PM instead of 10 PM but we were told we'd still be in Bercy on time. I had two gifts at home for Mika which I lost at the last minute (and my chicken as well) because the week before I left was hectic due to my work and I couldn't get properly ready at all so I saw and grabbed a mandalorian for Mika when the bus made a stop during the trip.
When the bus stopped and I saw "Bercy" I was overjoyed. I was on time for my uber to get me to the Mercure Hotel in front of the Philarmonie. At first he took me to the Philarmonie which I was glad to see so close then to the hotel as I showed him the bright red letters accross the street he had not seen :lmfao: I had to ring the doorbell to get someone to open the door and I gave Vicki's name then I got a key. We were in room 712. I took the elevator, fumbled around with the key and tried to get into bed without waking Vicki up but I failed so we had a tea and chated then I fell asleep.
The next morning it was Vicki's turn to wake me up for breakfast. I was sound asleep :lmfao:
Breakfast was so worth getting up as the hotel was filled with so many fans I wanted  to see again so much or meet for the first time so much. I was such a happy place filled with buzzing Mika fans. I got to meet so many MFCers it was fantastic to be able to hug them :wub2: the list would be too long as what I mostly did this week end was hugging Mika fans :lmfao: but for each of you it was such a thrill and it made me so happy :wub2: I love you all my Mika family :group_hug:
It was a dream to be finally about to do this after wanting to for so many years :wub2: When my husband drove me I used to get a glimpse of you all and say hi quickly but it was not enough...
Vicki wanted to go to Parc des Buttes Chaumont before the MFCers meeting in Belushi bar so we managed to get into a bus and we took a lovely walk there. Then we stopped for a drink before walking to the party. Mika spoilt us with lots of pizzas and chips. I was so happy to see so many members of my family there some I had already met in person and others I got to meet for the first time. I didn't eat and I didn't drink I litterally spent my time hugging my beloved family members :wub2: It was so wonderful to be with all of you guys :group_hug: Another Mika dream coming true :wub2: We walked back and I grabbed a few keto snacks on my way before the concert because I hadn't eaten since breakfast but I forgot to drink as we bumped into lovely French fans I also wanted to hug :lmao: and we started talking until we realized we might be late for the concert as we still had to change clothes...then we ran to the Philadelphie as fast as we could...we missed a part of Toy Boy but they had let us in thankfully :pray: I took my shoes off once seated. I still have blisters from having run so fast in my tight new shoes... I let my heart beats calm down during Toy Boy then Underwater started it and it was pure bliss. Mika was singing his heart out and you could feel all the love and happiness flowing back and forth from his heart to ours :cloud: Thinking about it again I'm tearing up. It was like Christmas when I was a kid with Mika the best present ever in his shiny suit and such a huge release of emotions going all ways, a tornado of happiness and pain being shared and taken away as we were all sharing it..l had forgotten my Mika tissues in the hotel so I was sobbing behind my mask. Vicki was seated by me and sobbing too at the same exact moments like we were twins. I guess all the audience of fans was doing the same exactly on the same wave lenght. I have been to many festivals and concerts but I don't know if it was due to the classical music or the lack of Mika gigs for so long but the emotions we felt were incredibly synched it was as if we were all one. It was so strong it was unbelievable. Also it felt like a dream totally sureal. We were there but it was so perfect it felt out of this world. As always I was singing along but only with my lips and words seemed to be taking new meanings for each songs with the musical instruments and Mika's pure voice. Some parts felt like an accoustic gig and they were my fav...at other times the music made me see scenes especially little blue butterflies rising from the grass and flying around like a caress on my soul. How I loved those blue butterflies 💙 I cried the most during Last Party which was so deep, les Baisers Perdus because they always make me think of my childhood sweetheart, also during Blue because I had Mika's mum in mind. Elle me dit and Boum Boum Boum felt like a release as we were encouraged to clap along and express our pure joy to be all together in the same room with Mika on stage and telling him with our hands how much we were enjoying his show and how gòod we felt after such a long time missing that feeling of sharing emotions with him. We clapped and clapped away at the end which came too fast as always to tell him "We love you and we had the time of our lives tonight and thank you so much" and he answered to us with the brightest, most wonderful smile and putting his hand on his heart to tell us exactly the same thing. I was like drowned in emotions. I walked back barefeet to the hotel holding my shoes in my hands. And I had a fit of laughter and a rush of sisterly love when I saw Deb who was wearing her shoes just like me :wub2: We went out for a coca cola then I went to bed..I hadn't realized many fans had meant to spend some time together in the hotel lobby after the concert :doh: but I kind of needed some sleep after my night trip and only a couple of hours spent in the hotel bed.
Day two is in Sunday's reports thread :wink2: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Hi everybody,

as @crazyaboutmika  posted the audio from the Sunday concert I put here the audio from the Saturday one.

Of course it's a very poor sound quality but it would bring us back to Philharmonie de Paris.

With the beautiful Ouverture to start :cloud:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

5 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hi everybody,

as @crazyaboutmika  posted the audio from the Sunday concert I put here the audio from the Saturday one.

Of course it's a very poor sound quality but it would bring us back to Philharmonie de Paris.

With the beautiful Ouverture to start :cloud:

Thanks a million for sharing Anna :flowers2::huglove:

• Like 2

Ok, so, I listened and remembered carefully, and I think I could translate what Mika says between the songs, even if there's probably some errors of translation  and some approximations and forgotten words because we don't understand so well, and of course, I don't remember all (even if I would love to). If I made "frenglish" or faults, tell me, I will fix it. :wink2:

Beginning and Boum boum boum's introduction :

"Good evening. That's always a little difficult to know what to tell at a concert like this one, but in fact, with a hospitality like the one you're giving us, that's very easy. So, thank you very much. (then, he's covered by the applauses). This concert is at Paris... A city who inspired so much songs, so much texts, where I wrote (or something like that, don't understand well), too, with some friends who are there tonight... And even on the café's terraces, what I missed so much, not because it was always tasty... but because on some Paris' terraces -and I'm sure some people there already knew it- we've got a very beautiful view on the appartments's windows."

"Les baisers perdus' introduction :

"Some songs are written, but then, played differently, and when they are played like that, with a peculiar person, they transform. And the song is changed forever... Forever. And it happened some months ago, at the last minute, when after messages on WhatsApp, we created this new version of this song. We rearranged it and this evening, we will sing that song with the person who changed it  Thibaut Garcia." 

"Love you when I'm drunk's introduction :

"Some days ago, I made a radio show. I talked a lot about texts. Because in general, a song has something to tell us. We talk about love. We talk about God. We talk about sexuality, religion... Of course, at the opera, we talk a lot about death, about love so strong it kills us. But in reality, in the lyrical, classical music, we talk really a lot about alcohol. It's just a little hidden. And in pop music, it's the same."

Good guys' introduction :

"We all have "heroes" (Mika pronounces it like "zeros":teehee:). Musical ones, but also in the culture, the literature. I have a lot of them, displayed like a constellation on my room's ceiling, like in the scene of... (there, I need your help, I obviously don't know what reference he uses:dunno: - I already wondered at the concert). From time to time, we must acknowledge those people. This song is for all these icons, these men, who demonstrated to me that, even before I knew it at 12, 13 years old, that's ok to be who we are and that the life after is not always like our present life. They all are dead, excepted for one person... for him, that's not great, but in any case... (thing impossible to translate because it was with gestures). "  

It's all I can make for now. :original: Hope it's good. 

H.S Listening again his words, I melt. The fact he's talking about his heroes with the exact terms I use for describe what he learnt to me, at this exact same age he talks about, don't know why, it makes me really, beautifully moved.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

I don’t know the words to describe the joy I felt when I entered to the Philharmonie, with my friends and many Mikafans from all over the world, to attend the Mika’s symphony concert after the pandemic. :cloud:

I relived the same emotions and the same feelings of the concerts in Como and Florence, but doubled because after the forced stop, caused by this damn virus, the desire for normality and return as it one was very strong. 

I loved the setlist from the beginning to the end, especially Last Party, Blue, Heroes, Love You When I’m Drunk and I was moved when Mika said that the concert was dedicated to his mom. ❤
I share some photos and one video:

1635189089549.jpg

1635191597896.jpg

1635191379769.jpg

1635191969606.jpg

1635192096881.jpg

1635192174052.jpg

1635192235301.jpg

1635192273198.jpg

1635192314890.jpg

1635193266556.jpg

20211023_103228.jpg

Screenshot_20211025-203701_Instagram.jpg

VIDEO: https://www.mikafanclub.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=63884&key=190e6d77aa7c561cf20823a29c169a88

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Presci1108 said:

"We all have "heroes" (Mika pronounces it like "zeros":teehee:). Musical ones, but also in the culture, the literature. I have a lot of them, displayed like a constellation on my room's ceiling, like in the scene of... (there, I need your help, I obviously don't know what reference he uses:dunno: - I already wondered at the concert)

I think he referred to the hanging panels on the ceiling of the Philharmonie, that each panel had a name written on it of his “Zero” (🤣) to him in his mind.

However, I was so mesmerized by the moment that it’s very possible I got it wrong! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Presci1108 said:

(there, I need your help, I obviously don't know what reference he uses:dunno: - I already wondered at the concert)

I guess that's actually the only thing I understood :teehee: – I know that at one point on Saturday he mentioned the show Queen's Gambit where the protagonist can imagine the chessboard on the ceiling.

Btw, it's a really great Netflix series! :thumb_yello:

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I know that at one point on Saturday he mentioned the show Queen's Gambit where the protagonist can imagine the chessboard on the ceiling.

Yes, you are right, he said he saw all those names on his ceiling like in the Queen's Gambit series :thumb_yello:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, krysady said:

No Place In Heaven it was one of my favorite moments on Saturday, I loved his performance on this first night the most :wub2:  

Yes, especially since for me it was a surprise. I opened the programme before the show but I only noticed I Went to Hell Last Night and I was already so excited to hear that song for the first time ever live that I completely missed there's No Place In Heaven too. :teehee: Then I heard the beginning of the song and that's when I suddenly noticed that they are really playing NPIH. :shocked::lmfao:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Yes, especially since for me it was a surprise. I opened the programme before the show but I only noticed I Went to Hell Last Night and I was already so excited to hear that song for the first time ever live that I completely missed there's No Place In Heaven too. :teehee: Then I heard the beginning of the song and that's when I suddenly noticed that they are really playing NPIH. :shocked::lmfao:

I knew the setlist before, when they posted it on the Philharmonie's site, but I didn't expect that NPIH would turn out so good on a symphonic version. And Mika's performance was remarkable, it looked like an episode from an operetta.  At some point I could feel that the Father was right there, up in the Philharmonie's ceiling, watching Mika begging him, it was so powerful! :wub2:  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Hey! I like that song! :groovy:

For me it's the most silliest song ever from all his songs! :facepalm: 

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Although probably not the best for the philharmonie.. :lol3:

I hope he'll never consider including that one on the symphonic concerts :aah:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, krysady said:

How do you feel about LYWID? :lol3: (Just for the record – I like the song but I find it a bit silly.)

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, krysady said:

Didn't he do Ice Cream at the Versailles opera?

Yes it is a silly song, I didn't like it at first but when I 'got' it, it clicked and grew on me. It sounds like a frothy and light summer song, but as always with Mika it's also slightly subversive and delightfully, wickedly playful in the lyrics.

22 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

How do you feel about LYWID? :lol3: (Just for the record – I like the song but I find it a bit silly.)

Another song I didn't like at first, but after the philharmonie I do! In fact I just finished listening to it and singing along. :teehee:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I love it, it is such a candid song, I guess many people could relate to it :teehee:  I can see why may sound a bit silly comparing to the usual deep witty Mika lyrics, but it's still clever, ironical and has that tragic touch so specific for him. After all it is a breakup song and it is so brutally honest, it gives you a wide mix of feelings in the end... which is definitely not the case with IC, at least not for me :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hero said:

but as always with Mika it's also slightly subversive

Nothing subversive there, it's straight in your face! :aah: In fact Mika himself said that there's no any pun or hidden meaning... but probably we're going off topic here, we should use the songs' threads :wink2:

Hey everyone! still recovering from this weekend lol!

The concerts were amazing! emotional! fun! exciting! and just very Mika'ish! (lol) he didnt disappoint me as always!

I didnt get a chance to say Hi to Mika but luckily I came to this trip without expectations of this happening so it's all good! I know some of you got a chance to and am very happy for you!

It was the first time I had tears at a Mika concert! Blue almost killed me... Heroes too... 
He sounded sooooo sooooo good! and the orchestra was sooooo beautiful!!!

This trip was better than expected and one of the best trips I've ever had. It was mainly because of you the MFCers. I hardly slept those 4 days but who needs sleep when you have so much fun?!?

I wish I had time to speak with more of you.... :( 

I took only few pictures at the end of the concert so not much new to share with you all. you can see my pictures on my Instagram @sivan_mika_travels if you'd like. 

till the next Mika shenanigans..... HUGS TO ALL OF YOU (AND MIKA TOO ;))!

Edited by Sivan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sivan said:

Hey everyone! still recovering from this weekend lol!

The concerts were amazing! emotional! fun! exciting! and just very Mika'ish! (lol) he didnt disappoint me as always!

I didnt get a chance to say Hi to Mika but luckily I came to this trip without expectations of this happening so it's all good! I know some of you got a chance to and am very happy for you!

It was the first time I had tears at a Mika concert! Blue almost killed me... Heroes too... 
He sounded sooooo sooooo good! and the orchestra was sooooo beautiful!!!

This trip was better than expected and one of the best trips I've ever had. It was mainly because of you the MFCers. I hardly slept those 4 days but who needs sleep when you have so much fun?!?

I wish I had time to speak with more of you.... :( 

I took only few pictures at the end of the concert so not much new to share with you all. you can see my pictures on my Instagram @sivan_mika_travels if you'd like. 

till the next Mika shenanigans..... HUGS TO ALL OF YOU (AND MIKA TOO ;))!

Big hugs to you too Sivan :hug: :huglove: :wub2:

• Like 1