2021 @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 October REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

silver

I just remembered, at the Saturday performance in "I went to hell last night" he changed a lyric. Instead of "the bastards back at school" he sang "f*ck*rs". Which made me smile. :biggrin2: I was wondering if he'd done that previously for this song? 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Hero said:

I just remembered, at the Saturday performance in "I went to hell last night" he changed a lyric. Instead of "the bastards back at school" he sang "f*ck*rs". Which made me smile. :biggrin2: I was wondering if he'd done that previously for this song? 

Made me smile, too. But he's never sung this song in concert before. And the next night he went back to bastards. :shocked:

• Like 7

On 11/6/2021 at 4:08 PM, Hero said:

Yes he did and I loved it too. It will be the recording.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here comes my Mikasoon report for the Saturday concert. :facepalm:

Better late than never, right? :lol3:

I stayed quite late at Belushi's bar on Saturday. Afterwards I walked with Andrea (@hero) and Andrea (@giraffeandy) to the Philharmonie. We were checked at the entrance. I had my backpack with me because I had left my Airbnb around noon. And a backpack in my backpack. And the security guard: "You have a backpack in your backpack?" Me: "Yes." :blush: And I also had to show what I had in my coat that was beeping: Not much, just my keys, wallet, mobile phone etc :doh:. You see, I'm not used to "airport" security measures. :lol3:

Then both Andrea and I parted ways. I was at checkpoint 1 and they were at checkpoint 2. At checkpoint 1, I saw Andy, Mika's father and Beauregard. At the control I showed my ticket and then queued up to get into the concert hall. I still had my big backpack with me, (it wasn't exactly planned that way), but no one minded and I didn't feel like paying cloakroom fees. While I was queuing, I then saw Andy, Mika's father and Beauregard walk past me and wait by another door. Paloma was then informed that Beauregard was there. And when the TV crew found out, they of course immediately rushed to her and filmed Paloma hugging Beauregard. 😕

I then entered the hall and since I knew roughly where my seat was, I didn't wait for someone to tell me where my seat was (they were probably also distracted by the TV crew). I wasn't late, but I wasn't exactly early either. Everyone was already sitting in my row (3 rows in the middle) and I had to ask the others to let me pass (which I don't really like to do). I was able to stow my backpack under my seat without any problems. The woman next to me asked me if I could change my seat with her husband because he was sitting behind her and not next to her. I then agreed, because whether I was in the third or fourth row didn't matter that much either. Yes, and of course I had to ask the people again if I could pass.

When I saw the others with programmes, I realised that I didn't have one (I later found out that the ushers were handing them out). :doh:I then also saw the ushers with programmes, but I didn't want to ask the others again if I could pass by, and in addition the concert started soon. And I was there on Sunday too, so I could ask for a programme (or two :naughty:) the next evening.

So, then the concert started. The orchestra and the choir then came on stage one after the other. Then they played the "Ouverture". And afterwards Mika came on stage with a big smile (he wasn't already on stage then, was he? Sorry, memory lapse there. It has its disadvantages when you write your report so late :facepalm:). He also (not surprisingly) had the biggest applause. Mika was straight ahead of me, so no stiff neck. :lol3: Then came "Toy Boy". I liked it, but Underwater that came after, more. I love that song. And then came "Boum Boum Boum" (I had missed it on the Revelation tour). A nice version. And then "Rain" (I had also missed it on the Revelation Tour). I liked this version too. And afterwards "The Last Party". I like this song and therefore not surprisingly also this version. Then came "I Went to Hell Last Night" and "Les baisers perdus". With both songs he had papers on the floor in front of him, I guess with the lyrics. :teehee: I wasn't that moved by "I Went to Hell Last Night" (I know it was different for others, but everyone is different), I liked "Les baisers perdus" better. Then "No Place in Heaven", "Love you When I'm Drunk" and "Heroes": as I remember, I liked those too. And then came the break (too early for me). I then talked to some other MFCers and went back to my seat.

Then after the break "Over my Shoulder", "Tiny Love", "Good Guys", "Blue", "Happy Ending", "Origin of Love", "Relax", "Elle me dit", "Grace Kelly" and "Love Today". I don't know what to say about these songs? One better than the other, maybe. :yes: I liked the part after the break better. And then the concert was already finished. Since I didn't have a programme, I didn't know how many songs Mika would sing and which ones (I had seen the programme briefly when someone posted it on the MFC forum and it was then deleted, but couldn't remember most of it). Mika came back twice after the standing ovation at the end and then he really had to go, he had to be in his dressing room (or in the studio of The Voice itself, it wasn't quite clear at that point?) ready for The Voice live show.

The concert flew by and luckily Sunday would also be a concert. I was also surprised that we were allowed to clap in the middle of the songs, as I had heard that the conductor had made signs to stop at other Philharmonic concerts. After hesitating to clap at first, I ended up clapping along. I didn't take any photos or videos on Saturday because it was actually forbidden (as you noticed with the many photos and videos that appeared, many didn't comply :naughty:). And at that, before the performance, the announcement came that it was forbidden to take photos/films and that one should please turn off the mobile phone :teehee:. When I saw that others had their mobile phones out after the concert was over, I took my phone out too, but by the time I entered my pin and everything, it was already too late. :lol3:

Afterwards I didn't really know what would happen next, would we get to see Mika? Some MFCers, including myself, then waited outside the artist entrance and watched The Voice on their mobile phones. Funny to think that Mika was live on screen at The Voice while he was in his dressing room, and we were only a few metres away. :original: At some point, The Voice finished and Mika's family and friends came out of the artist exit one by one: Andy, Mika's father, Beauregard, Zuleika, Christian Louboutin, Marc-Olivier Fogiel etc. And, of course, Paloma. She walked next to me and beamed at me (or at least in that direction) and said "Bonjour" (was probably when she carried the bouquet of MFC to the car, I think she had something in her hand, but, when someone beams at me like that, I don't for the life of me look at what he/she is holding). I don't know the last time someone beamed at me like that. :wub2: She was the only one who said something as she walked by (at least when I was there, of course you don't have to, but still nice when someone greets Mika's fans :lustslow:) and I was the only one who said "Bonjour" back and I thought, "Why am I the only one who greets her back". :lmfao:This was about between 1.00 am and 2.00 am, but luckily it wasn't too cold (someone was even short-sleeved there, Hero :teehee:).

No one knew if Mika was still coming out or if he had already left. I really wanted to see him, especially to give him my present. At some point we gave up on it. As far as I know, he never showed up and took another exit. I then took a night bus together with the two Andrea. At some point I had to change buses. At first, I couldn't find my bus and for a long time I couldn't find the right direction. :doh:Then I asked someone at the RATP, who was standing at an information desk, because that's what he's there for, right. And then I actually found my bus. When I arrived at my stop, I walked in the wrong direction :facepalm:, but in the end, I found my accommodation. So that was Saturday, you can find the report from Sunday here :original::

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Prisca for bringing back those memories, nice report! :flowers2:  

17 hours ago, Prisca said:

I wasn't that moved by "I Went to Hell Last Night" (I know it was different for others, but everyone is different)

I felt the same, maybe it was the new arrangement that didn't work well for this song, but it sounded a bit chaotic to me :dunno_grin:

17 hours ago, Prisca said:

(someone was even short-sleeved there, Hero :teehee:).

And someone was sleeveless the next night while we were all wearing our coats :aah: ( yes Hero :teehee:)

18 hours ago, Prisca said:

And afterwards Mika came on stage with a big smile (he wasn't already on stage then, was he?

No, he came after the Ouverture :thumb_yello:

18 hours ago, Prisca said:

I was also surprised that we were allowed to clap in the middle of the songs, as I had heard that the conductor had made signs to stop at other Philharmonic concerts.

In fact we were allowed to clap only when the choir was clapping, and keep exactly the same rhythm. But some people from the audience also clapped during other songs, which was not alright, since Mika told a few times that it's a struggle for him to hear the rhythm and follow the orchestra without an earpiece. I felt bad for him and Simon Leclerc, it was clear that it was distracting for them.

Btw, there was no fees at the cloakroom, I never heard of that :dunno: I used it for Firenze, Casa Mika recordings, The Voice, Philharmonie, and never had to pay anywhere :wink2:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, krysady said:

Btw, there was no fees at the cloakroom, I never heard of that :dunno: I used it for Firenze, Casa Mika recordings, The Voice, Philharmonie, and never had to pay anywhere :wink2:

I don't know, I just assumed. :dunno_grin:

In Switzerland, it's usually the case that you have to pay for the cloakroom. At Mika's concert in Zurich, I had to pay for the cloakroom. :original:

15 minutes ago, Prisca said:

In Switzerland, it's usually the case that you have to pay for the cloakroom. At Mika's concert in Zurich, I had to pay for the cloakroom. :original:

Switzerland it's another story, you know, it's Switzerland :teehee:

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Prisca said:

7 minutes ago, krysady said:

Here I have to say that I'm also used to pay for cloakrooms, especially in concert halls etc., that's why I don't use them unless I have too many things to carry... :biggrin2: In Paris I only had a light jacket so I left it on my seat. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Here I have to say that I'm also used to pay for cloakrooms, especially in concert halls etc., that's why I don't use them unless I have too many things to carry... :biggrin2: In Paris I only had a light jacket so I left it on my seat. 

Usually when I attended a standing Mika gig, I didn't want to waste time waiting for cloakroom and lost a good spot close to the stage, so now I'm thinking that maybe at some venues there were fees, I have no idea :dunno_grin: By chance, everytime I used it, it was free, so I assumed it's everywhere the same... so maybe we just have to ask in advance in the future, to be sure :original: 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, krysady said:

Why did I expect this to come? :lmfao:

But I didn't go broke from it either. I think I paid CHF 2 for the cloakroom in Zurich. :wink2:

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2021 at 10:06 PM, Prisca said:

luckily it wasn't too cold (someone was even short-sleeved there, Hero :teehee:).

On 11/25/2021 at 4:41 PM, krysady said:

And someone was sleeveless the next night while we were all wearing our coats :aah: ( yes Hero :teehee:)

What can I say? The euphoria kept me warm. :naughty:

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...