2022 - Mika @ Caribana Festival, Crans-près-Céligny, Switzerland - 16 June

Prisca

22 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Ok strange, where on the page it's says that? Maybe they just mean that you are not allowed to go there with a camper? Or that camping is not allowed outside the festival? :dunno_grin:

I have a tent for 2 or 3 people, I am not sure. But I honestly feel a bit old for camping. :teehee:

Yes, maybe a hostel is better. :dunno_grin:

It's under "pratique":  

https://www.caribana-festival.ch/fr/pratique/

Le festival ne dispose malheureusement d'infrastructures vous permettant de camper, de plus il est interdit de camper sur le territoire de la commune de Crans. Nous vous proposons donc les alternatives ci-dessous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Probably there will be some night trains during the festival

Yes, I think so, or shuttle buses. :dunno_grin:

Definitely something to get you to Geneva. Because yes, taxis are very expensive in Switzerland. :yes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

It's under "pratique":  

https://www.caribana-festival.ch/fr/pratique/

Le festival ne dispose malheureusement d'infrastructures vous permettant de camper, de plus il est interdit de camper sur le territoire de la commune de Crans. Nous vous proposons donc les alternatives ci-dessous.

Ok, no tent in this case. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Just now, krysady said:

I'm not talking only about hotels, I mean in general :original:

Also in general. :original: There are more expensive things and less expensive things. About 1 or 2 % of the Swiss population has as much money as the other 99/98 % together. You have to be able to survive in Switzerland without being a billionaire. :wink2:

But of course it's true that Switzerland is an expensive country and that's why the wages are higher. :original:

But you can also do things that cost nothing. As far as I know, in many Swiss cities you can borrow bicycles for free, or at least very cheaply. :original:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Prisca said:

There are more expensive things and less expensive things.

The food is very expensive, and I didn't see any less expensive options :aah: But probably it's something normal for people in Switzerland :dunno_grin:

Just now, krysady said:

The food is very expensive, and I didn't see any less expensive options :aah: But probably it's something normal for people in Switzerland :dunno_grin:

Yes, restaurants are usually expensive, that's the way it is. But supermarket restaurants and takeaways are also cheaper. And if you choose the day menu, it's also cheaper.

In the supermarket, the prices for food have fallen sharply in recent years. But there are foods that are very expensive, like meat and fish. :original:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, restaurants are usually expensive, that's the way it is.

And that's one of the reasons I say Paris is more affordable, we found some very good and cheap restaurants around the Philharmonie, really convenient. 

• Like 1

Just now, krysady said:

And that's one of the reasons I say Paris is more affordable, we found some very good and cheap restaurants around the Philharmonie, really convenient. 

That's not the lifestyle I'm used to. I usually cook myself and don't eat in a restaurant. And I didn't find the supermarkets cheaper in Paris than in Switzerland. :original:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Some fans will sleep in a Swiss fan's apartment in Geneva so we can always take an Uber taxi to share.

An Uber taxi to share is ok, but alone I don't like it that much.

And Uber is definitely better than a normal taxi. :thumb_yello:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

There's some info on the site about free bus travel to/from the festival, but the schedule states 2019, so I'm not sure if that's still current or accurate. :dunno:

I guess so. They probably just didn't update it because the festival couldn't happen last year and this year. :original:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I came across a bed and breakfast in Nyon, where a single room costs 65 CHF per night:

https://www.lacote-tourisme.ch/en/P22407/bed-and-breakfast-domaine-de-bois-bougy

I think with a little searching, you can find hotels that are not too expensive. :original:

I have a hotel in Geneva for 88 CHF per night. It's one of cheaper in the city. 

You can find even cheaper but with a shared bathroom :huh:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I have a hotel in Geneva for 88 CHF per night. It's one of cheaper in the city. 

You can find even cheaper but with a shared bathroom :huh:

Yes, I thought I'd found a really good deal, then realised it was with a shared bathroom. :huh: :thumbdown: It seems to be common though. 

31 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I came across a bed and breakfast in Nyon, where a single room costs 65 CHF per night:

https://www.lacote-tourisme.ch/en/P22407/bed-and-breakfast-domaine-de-bois-bougy

I think with a little searching, you can find hotels that are not too expensive. :original:

That seems nice, and more reasonable! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Prisca said:

That's not the lifestyle I'm used to. I usually cook myself and don't eat in a restaurant. And I didn't find the supermarkets cheaper in Paris than in Switzerland. :original:

I forgot to answer yesterday, I understand your point but I was talking about people who come to your country for holidays or festivals, like this one :wink2: They don't usually have the possibility to cook and need some hotel accommodation, this is what I meant. I am sure that for Swiss people it's different, I have no doubts :original:

But maybe we need another thread for this topic :thumb_yello:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, krysady said:

I forgot to answer yesterday, I understand your point but I was talking about people who come to your country for holidays or festivals, like this one :wink2: They don't usually have the possibility to cook and need some hotel accommodation, this is what I meant. I am sure that for Swiss people it's different, I have no doubts :original:

Don't worry, I understand your point. :original:

And at the festival itself, the drinks and food will probably be very expensive, I'd be surprised if not ...

• Like 1

I put my two cents into the "Swiss prices" debate :teehee: – my first Mika gig was in Zurich, I travelled by bus the night before (I arrived in the morning of the gig) and then I left in the same night after the gig (around 1-2 am) so I slept two nights in the bus because I didn't want to spend money on a hotel room in Zurich. :lol3: I also had the most expensive meal at McDonald's I've ever had (even though the menu was better than in most McDonald's in Europe). It was really nice to visit Zurich (and I've never been to Geneva either...) but I think I'll pass on this festival. :sweatdrop:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I also had the most expensive meal at McDonald's I've ever had (even though the menu was better than in most McDonald's in Europe).

At least it was good. :teehee:

Quality has its price. :naughty:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Prisca said:

At least it was good. :teehee:

Quality has its price. :naughty:

Yes but it was the price of a meal at an average restaurant, not the price of a meal at a fast food... I didn't dare to enter a normal restaurant, without McDonald's I would probably stay hungry. :lmfao:

• Haha 4