2022 - Mika @ Caribana Festival, Crans-près-Céligny, Switzerland - 16 June

Prisca

1 minute ago, giraffeandy said:

Yes but it was the price of a meal at an average restaurant, not the price of a meal at a fast food... I didn't dare to enter a normal restaurant, without McDonald's I would probably stay hungry. :lmfao:

It was not meant so seriously that quality has its price. :teehee:

Compared to other countries, Mc'Donalds is expensive in Switzerland. :yes:

Ok, most things are expensive in Switzerland compared to other countries, I never said Switzerland was cheap. :teehee:

If you don't want to starve and spend a fortune on food, make sure you have an insider nearby, like me for example. :biggrin2:

• Haha 3

On 11/15/2021 at 7:29 PM, krysady said:

Oh yes, Paris is much more affordable, there's expensive aspects but also some cheaper ones... while in Switzerland you don't have many options, from what I noticed :wink2:

Having lived in Geneva for over 30 years and knowing Paris quite well, I can confirm that Switzerland is more expensive than Paris!!

• Like 3

Just now, pascale_geneva said:

Having lived in Geneva for over 30 years and knowing Paris quite well, I can confirm that Switzerland is more expensive than Paris!!

By the way does anyone know when Mika’s performance is planned? I asked the organisers but never received any reply! I’m not really interested in the other performers and am too old to spend all day there. Thanks😘😘

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pascale_geneva said:

By the way does anyone know when Mika’s performance is planned? I asked the organisers but never received any reply! I’m not really interested in the other performers and am too old to spend all day there. Thanks😘😘

I don't know. :dunno_grin:I would also like to know when Mika is performing. :yes:

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 8:02 PM, Mikasister said:

I stayed in Nyon when I went to Caribana and everything was ok. I had no problem. 

carte.png

Thanks. But from what I got, the last time he performed in the afternoon? I suppose this one might be in the evening. Tho we don't know, but it's only 3 acts, and Mika is the main act of that day (I think? At least I have no idea who the others are) so he'd probably be last?

On 11/16/2021 at 4:56 PM, giraffeandy said:

I put my two cents into the "Swiss prices" debate :teehee: – my first Mika gig was in Zurich, I travelled by bus the night before (I arrived in the morning of the gig) and then I left in the same night after the gig (around 1-2 am) so I slept two nights in the bus because I didn't want to spend money on a hotel room in Zurich. :lol3: I also had the most expensive meal at McDonald's I've ever had (even though the menu was better than in most McDonald's in Europe). It was really nice to visit Zurich (and I've never been to Geneva either...) but I think I'll pass on this festival. :sweatdrop:

Yeah well we stayed at a B&B / hotel kind of thing which wasn't overly expensive but where we had bed bugs in our room. We had stayed there before and were happy with it, so maybe we were just unlucky this time, but well, it wasn't the most relaxing experience... :aah:

I had a look at the Nyon hostel Caribana have on their website, as they also have private rooms, but even the dorm beds there are already pretty expensive. :shocked: Maybe I'll have to look for something in Geneva as well - shared bathroom is ok for one night, guess I won't stay longer then.

Aren't there some MFCers from Geneva? Maybe we can camp in their garden? :naughty:

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mellody said:

we had bed bugs in our room.

:shocked:

26 minutes ago, mellody said:

I had a look at the Nyon hostel Caribana have on their website, as they also have private rooms, but even the dorm beds there are already pretty expensive. :shocked: Maybe I'll have to look for something in Geneva as well - shared bathroom is ok for one night, guess I won't stay longer then.

Aren't there some MFCers from Geneva? Maybe we can camp in their garden? :naughty:

There's a hostel in Geneva that's cheaper than the one in Nyon, but the reviews are less favourable.

There are some campsites on the French side of the lake, and apparently there's a regular ferry in the high summer between Yvoire and Nyon. I guess the question there is what time the last ferry runs, and if June counts as high summer. 🤔 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mellody said:

Tho we don't know, but it's only 3 acts, and Mika is the main act of that day (I think? At least I have no idea who the others are) so he'd probably be last?

I also know Louane. I think you're right, Mika will probably be last. :thumb_yello: I guess Klischée will be first, then Louane and then Mika. :original:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Prisca said:

I also know Louane. I think you're right, Mika will probably be last. :thumb_yello: I guess Klischée will be first, then Louane and then Mika. :original:

Wasn't Louane a contestant on an early series of The Voice France? 

Is Klischée pronounced like kliskay or klishay (ohh - like cliché?)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hero said:

Wasn't Louane a contestant on an early series of The Voice France? 

Yes, in the second series and she also sang at the I Love Beirut concert of Mika. :original:

4 hours ago, Hero said:

Is Klischée pronounced like kliskay or klishay (ohh - like cliché?)

I think I can vaguely remember them. I think they are pronounced like "cliché".

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 12:04 AM, mellody said:

Thanks. But from what I got, the last time he performed in the afternoon? I suppose this one might be in the evening. Tho we don't know, but it's only 3 acts, and Mika is the main act of that day (I think? At least I have no idea who the others are) so he'd probably be last?

Yeah well we stayed at a B&B / hotel kind of thing which wasn't overly expensive but where we had bed bugs in our room. We had stayed there before and were happy with it, so maybe we were just unlucky this time, but well, it wasn't the most relaxing experience... :aah:

Sorry, I don't have a garden yet :no: only a little balcony :dunno: and the places inside was already "booked" for some MFC friends :yes:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Oh god! At one of the upcoming gigs we HAVE to bring inflatable camels! :lol3:

Now that reminds me, at a festival I go to regularly (you know, before corona :rolleyes:), a man always has a camel around his head. :lol3:

grafik.png.4c471ebf067bf15cc6d9a6cf5b2a9656.png

No, it's not a joke, but I only remembered it now. :lmfao:

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Now that reminds me, at a festival I go to regularly (you know, before corona :rolleyes:), a man always has a camel around his head. :lol3:

grafik.png.4c471ebf067bf15cc6d9a6cf5b2a9656.png

No, it's not a joke, but I only remembered it now. :lmfao:

Found a photo:

grafik.thumb.png.42eee5ae6b0f07e7e3584c9520fb5710.png

:floor:

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well, I don't know how the camel story will evolve next year.

But we can come to Caribana with small plush camel toys.

We can wave them during the show or trow them on the stage.

Next day we will find in the Swiss press an information that Mika has been attacked by a troop of camels!!!!

image.png.b9e7f0bcc6926704f744daa4f8ff507e.png

image.png.d7460b8441a02329ceb640ef3c8e92a1.png

That's a great idea. 

First was ballons, second hearts, third ice creams and now camels. what will be the next?:naughty:

• Haha 3