Mika's duets

Mikasister

7 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Mika and Paul Del Leeuw

'K heb je Lief

Stardust 13-09-2014

Stardust LIVE 2015

His pronunciation in Dutch was not all too bad. If the words would’ve been written phonetically, I’m sure he would have nailed it! 

To compensate for not knowing how to pronounce the words, he did a few voice effects things. Every time I watch the clip of “ik heb je lief”, I get a “Frans Bauer” vibe :facepalm:, wouldn’t you say so @Maaikie!! @Maaikie...? (And that’s a Dutch singer I actually do not particularly like :facepalm:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

La Seine : Mika and Kendji

This is one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite films! (A Monster in Paris). I've never seen this before and it's absolutely perfect with Kendji, I love it 😍

• Like 4

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

His pronunciation in Dutch was not all too bad. If the words would’ve been written phonetically, I’m sure he would have nailed it! 

To compensate for not knowing how to pronounce the words, he did a few voice effects things. Every time I watch the clip of “ik heb je lief”, I get a “Frans Bauer” vibe :facepalm:, wouldn’t you say so @Maaikie!! @Maaikie...? (And that’s a Dutch singer I actually do not particularly like :facepalm:)

Bahaha frans bauer :lmao: If you mean his 'hmmmm' 'aaaahaa' moments then I can see that lmao

• Haha 2

Great topic! Personally, I really loved Promiseland feat. Mashrou' Leila at the I Love Beirut show. The band gave this song a more Middle Eastern sound, which, in my opinion, made the version even grander than the original :wub2:

• Like 7

Quoting the posts from the xfactor thread that started this topic, in case any were missed. 

On 11/21/2021 at 6:36 PM, Hero said:

A bit off topic, but the discussion of the duets with Emma made me wonder - what in your opinion is the best duet he's done, where the voices worked well together?

On 11/21/2021 at 6:59 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

With Chiara Galiazzo for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 11/21/2021 at 7:03 PM, Mikasister said:

Nooooo please. I said it since the beginning, she spoils that song. :sad: I always skip the song with her

On 11/21/2021 at 7:04 PM, krysady said:

No way, not for me :no:

On 11/21/2021 at 7:23 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well, you can have a different opinion.

I think that their voices match very well. It's hard to find a feminine voice matching well with Mika's.

And they feel well together on stage. Already in 2012 at X Factor Mika was vary happy to sing it together.

Even if I prefer only English version not a mix with Italian.

On 11/21/2021 at 7:30 PM, krysady said:

Exactly, that's why I liked his duet with Eros Ramazzotti and Jack Savoretti :teehee:

Edit: and for a feminine voice, I loved his duet with Malika Ayane 

23 hours ago, mellody said:

I liked their (*Mika and Emma) duet more than I had expected in advance, but I agree that their voices don't match well in general. Also I don't know the original song, it seems most who do were disappointed by the duet. :dunno:

I also prefer Mika singing alone, but there have been some nice duets too. I don't know if Happy Ending with Ida at Versailles would count as a duet? OMS in Versailles certainly was one of his top duets. :wub2:

But I also like his duets with Chiara, Ariana and Priscilla Renee (the original Popular version), and on Casa Mika there have been some nice ones too. Or Ready to call this love. Ah yes and I really loved "It must have been love" with Danna Paola.

23 hours ago, krysady said:

Yes, I guess we can count that as a duet as well, it's more than just backingvocals from Ida's part.

23 hours ago, krysady said:

I loved this one:

And this one :wub2:

22 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Better open a new thread and leave this one for XFactor.:wink2:

:thumb_yello:

• Like 4