Christmas 2021

Prisca

I got one of my favourite things for Christmas, socks! ODD SOCKS!!!

20211228_131556.thumb.jpg.b4e047a9eb82ad50208be9b91465f09f.jpg

They are supposed to be odd btw!!!

I love socks! 😁

I have a lot of socks, I love socks so much that the back panel of my sock drawer has actual broken! 😅

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
spelling (again)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I see, I haven't introduced you to Lucy, the Christmas lights on Bahnhofstrasse in Zurich. :biggrin2:

grafik.thumb.png.4d21a4c6efd15ebd6bf00818dac94b66.png

grafik.thumb.png.4d0d948071f38201fd1cff11e5c1a896.png

grafik.thumb.png.d21e0525f79891cf1ff450bbb27495b4.png

She is very popular and has therefore been allowed to illuminate the Bahnhofstrasse during the Christmas season since 2010. :newyear:

Her predecessor "World's Largest Timepiece" was not popular and was therefore replaced by Lucy. :original:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I see, I haven't introduced you to Lucy, the Christmas lights on Bahnhofstrasse in Zurich. :biggrin2:

She is very popular and has therefore been allowed to illuminate the Bahnhofstrasse during the Christmas season since 2010. :newyear:

Her predecessor "World's Largest Timepiece" was not popular and was therefore replaced by Lucy. :original:

That's so pretty! :fangurl:

I would love to see something like that near where I live!

Question: Why are the lights called Lucy?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen these lights in 2019 after Mika's gig in Zurich. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen these lights in 2019 after Mika's gig in Zurich. 

This year, the lights were only switched on on 25 December. But I looked it up. In 2019, it was already switched on on 21 November, so it's quite possible that you saw it. :thumb_yello:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

This year, the lights were only switched on on 25 December. But I looked it up. In 2019, it was already switched on on 21 November, so it's quite possible that you saw it. :thumb_yello:

The gig was on 22 November. I have pics. :original:

20191122_233525.thumb.jpg.b11b11ca2e610722e6f9896df8b0bb00.jpg

• Like 3

It's that weird time of year after Christmas where time doesn't seem to exist and all the days between now and whenever after New Year roll into one. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing half the day, not that I even know what day it is anyway 🙃

I know it's January soon, but you see I'll be saying it's January 3 months from now! 😅

Anyone else feel like this during this Christmas/New Year time warp?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I feel it more this year than in past years, for sure. Even though I'm working normal hours this week, the days seem to blend together and all that really registers are things that touch me emotionally. Like listening to Mika's songs or watching his Paris Phil performance. :) If anyone's measuring my productivity at work, I'm definitely not at my best, lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

It's that weird time of year after Christmas where time doesn't seem to exist and all the days between now and whenever after New Year roll into one. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing half the day, not that I even know what day it is anyway 🙃

I know it's January soon, but you see I'll be saying it's January 3 months from now! 😅

😂 Yes it's the flump time. 

Hmm. Time warp... *Eyes Prisca's transporter suspiciously* 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Technically we are still in the 12 days of Christmas.  For peasants in the Middle Ages, this was a time of rest (and festivities) as there was little agricultural work to be done. 

So just relax and enjoy the timelessness.

• Like 2

Anyone have any New Year's resolutions for 2022?

I don't usually make them (or stick to them when I do 😅) but mine last year were to learn Italian and sort out my health. And I actually did keep to my resolutions this year! I can speak Italian and have a very basic conversation (I'm still learning!), and compared to a year ago my health is much better since speaking to a new doctor!

My resolution for 2022 is to be more sustainable with the products I buy. I want to find things that contain less plastic and also reduce how many new clothes I buy. 

Every year I also say that I'm going to sell my craft wares and I've yet to do it. Hoping 2022 is the year to start up my small business! 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 1:31 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

My brother calls it Leftover Season, because you have to eat all the extra food you bought but didn't actually need.  Just yesterday I had a naan bread pizza, and today I had mixed vegetables in sauce on toast.

Not even started on the chocolate biscuits and shortbread.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Anyone have any New Year's resolutions for 2022?

I don't usually make them (or stick to them when I do 😅) but mine last year were to learn Italian and sort out my health. And I actually did keep to my resolutions this year! I can speak Italian and have a very basic conversation (I'm still learning!), and compared to a year ago my health is much better since speaking to a new doctor!

My resolution for 2022 is to be more sustainable with the products I buy. I want to find things that contain less plastic and also reduce how many new clothes I buy. 

Every year I also say that I'm going to sell my craft wares and I've yet to do it. Hoping 2022 is the year to start up my small business! 

:clap:

I don't do resolutions as such, but I am going to have a go at de-cluttering.  I seem to have piles of "stuff" that I don't need/wear/look at - much of it never unpacked since I moved :teehee:  - so look out charity shops!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silver said:

My brother calls it Leftover Season, because you have to eat all the extra food you bought but didn't actually need. 

I like that! 😁

Leftover Season is nearly over for me, there's only a little bit of Christmas cake left, 2 mince pies and a half eaten box of crackers! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

My New Year's resolution for 2021 was to learn Spanish. It started well for the first 2 months and then it slackened. :facepalm: I will take an online test at the beginning of next year to see what level the computer spits out. :teehee:   :biggrin2:

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

And then we come to the New Year's resolutions for 2022. The Spanish thing turned out a bit like I feared it would. But I already understand it much better and my passive comprehension has increased significantly. I just need to work less and finally get a work-life balance. And I didn't set that as a New Year's resolution last year because I actually knew I wouldn't be able to do it. :teehee: But next year it's time for: work-life balance. And then I will also have more time to learn Spanish, as I would have liked already this year. :original:

• Like 2

On 12/11/2021 at 2:19 PM, Mikasister said:

Muy daughter has an Advent calendar with beauty products and make up inside  :yes:

My friend's daughter had jewellery in it and her son had cars. And my nephews had an Advent calendar with little books. And then there are also Advent calendars with Smarties. :licks_lips:

Oh, there are just so many great advent calendars these days. :yes:   :fangurl:

• Like 2

Lemon Pig has been made!

20211231_191620.thumb.jpg.5808a9ca546e8a425d09c1f642a726f3.jpg

He looks a bit drunk doesn't he? 😅

May the Lemon Pig bring good fortune your way for 2022!

(he better keep that penny in his mouth!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 🥳 

• Haha 4

On 12/31/2021 at 8:23 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Lemon Pig has been made!

20211231_191620.thumb.jpg.5808a9ca546e8a425d09c1f642a726f3.jpg

He looks a bit drunk doesn't he? 😅

May the Lemon Pig bring good fortune your way for 2022!

(he better keep that penny in his mouth!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 🥳 

And was that penny still in his mouth? :original:

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 7:56 AM, Prisca said:

My New Year's resolution for 2021 was to learn Spanish. It started well for the first 2 months and then it slackened. :facepalm: I will take an online test at the beginning of next year to see what level the computer spits out. :teehee:   :biggrin2:

Ok, the multiple choice test with 40 was supposed to go 30 minutes, ended up going 17 minutes :teehee:. And I got 17 out of 40 right -_-. The level is: A2-Pre-Intermediate. I had to pick out the correct conjugated verb form everywhere. I have hardly any idea about it. I only got around to practising verbs the last few days after months. :doh:

Dear Mika :bye:,

Please do concerts this year in a Spanish-speaking country to increase my motivation to learn the language faster. If you play in Spain, you would especially make @Mikasister very happy with it. :yes:

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Prisca said:

And was that penny still in his mouth? :original:

Surprisingly yes! :biggrin2:

Lemon Pig was then dismantled and I used the juice to clean the kitchen worktops! 😅

• Like 1