2022 - Mika @Festival de Carcassonne France 22 July 2022

krysady

6 hours ago, carafon said:

Of course it's not the most accessible place in France . It's a long way if you come by car and you'll need a train connection if you come by plane.

But the venue is quite small and you can get a good spot without queuing too much 

Back in 2016 I queued from 5pm and got a central 2nd row behind the golden ones 

Ok, I've bought two tickets and I am going with my friend... She knows very well what it means, because she was with me in Luxembourg to see Mika😁😁. She agrees with loooonggggg queueing... 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, took my ticket for that one 😉

But not golden circle, just standard area because it was too late but I don't think it is a huge venue so anywhere will be fine and marvellous 😉

Is there still a calendar somewhere to RSVP ? I can't find it any more...🤔

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Hero said:

Flights booked! Arrive Weds 20th, fly back Sun 24th. Hopefully this time I'll manage to look around. 😂

Where are you landing ?

14 hours ago, Hero said:

At Carcassonne Airport. Ryanair do direct flights to Carcassonne from London Stansted. That's a relief!  :plane:

Cool !

Then you'll have lot of time to visit

Along the medieval city you can have a bicycle ride or boat trip at the "canal du midi" , peacefull and beautyfull place

• Like 2

5 hours ago, carafon said:

Cool !

Then you'll have lot of time to visit

Along the medieval city you can have a bicycle ride or boat trip at the "canal du midi" , peacefull and beautyfull place

Thank you! Me and bikes don't get on much - the last time I tried to get on one I immediately fell over :doh:- but the boat trip sounds good. :boat:

• Haha 2

As there seems to be no fanaction planned this time that makes use of the seats, like they had the last time with the M heart, I was wondering if we should do the rainbow we had planned for one or more of the 2020 gigs? And I got a new idea for this, that would make it a lot easier (and environmentally friendly) than giving everyone an A4 sheet of paper, cutting out shapes or anything like that. And that is, just attach a tiny piece of coloured paper to your phone light - so with that we could turn the venue into a rainbow of lights. The venue even has the shape of a rainbow, lol! Tbh I stole that idea from the Harry Styles concert where I've seen fans do it - they had it all in mixed colours throughout the crowd, which is also an option, but I think a rainbow is not much more effort and might give a nice effect.

I'm not really sure how big the capacity of the venue is, on Wikipedia France it says 5000 but it seems smaller to me... Anyway even with 5000 I would only need about 30-40 Din A4 pages, that's even doable within my cabin luggage allowance. :naughty: But if anyone wants to help, lmk.

What do you think, should we do it? Would anyone be up for helping me distribute the papers? I was thinking about giving one pack of papers per row with an instruction sheet, to pass through. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mellody said:

As there seems to be no fanaction planned this time that makes use of the seats, like they had the last time with the M heart, I was wondering if we should do the rainbow we had planned for one or more of the 2020 gigs? And I got a new idea for this, that would make it a lot easier (and environmentally friendly) than giving everyone an A4 sheet of paper, cutting out shapes or anything like that. And that is, just attach a tiny piece of coloured paper to your phone light - so with that we could turn the venue into a rainbow of lights. The venue even has the shape of a rainbow, lol! Tbh I stole that idea from the Harry Styles concert where I've seen fans do it - they had it all in mixed colours throughout the crowd, which is also an option, but I think a rainbow is not much more effort and might give a nice effect.

I'm not really sure how big the capacity of the venue is, on Wikipedia France it says 5000 but it seems smaller to me... Anyway even with 5000 I would only need about 30-40 Din A4 pages, that's even doable within my cabin luggage allowance. :naughty: But if anyone wants to help, lmk.

What do you think, should we do it? Would anyone be up for helping me distribute the papers? I was thinking about giving one pack of papers per row with an instruction sheet, to pass through. 

Ask Cerise to be sure of the crowd capacity . She was one who organised the last one there

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mellody said:

If I counted it well there is 6 rows carre or plus 24 rows. Total 30 rows. ( I don't count small areas behind the main part of the venue)

So if we take 5 colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue) it makes 6 rows per color.

Of cours rows in the back part are larger so it makes more seats.

The last row is about 100 places. 

image.thumb.png.73d3e2a5fa20aeb01180569073ae22eb.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mellody said:

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

If I counted it well there is 6 rows carre or plus 24 rows. Total 30 rows. ( I don't count small areas behind the main part of the venue)

So if we take 5 colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue) it makes 6 rows per color.

Of cours rows in the back part are larger so it makes more seats.

The last row is about 100 places. 

image.thumb.png.73d3e2a5fa20aeb01180569073ae22eb.png

Maybe 6 colours for the "carré d'or" aréa is enough ?

It would be easier to organise and less paper to use 

• Like 1

I’m linking here @Romy04’s message about another Fan Action she was organising for Carcassonne:

As she has written, enough eyes have already been done, so no need to do more! It was just an information to let everybody knows. 

Edited by virgi
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, mellody said:

Would anyone be up for helping me distribute the papers?

I like your idea too! If you decide to do it, I’m willing to help distributing them! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carafon said:

Maybe 6 colours for the "carré d'or" aréa is enough ?

It would be easier to organise and less paper to use 

I think the coloured lights give a better effect in the back, because in the front you have the stage lights.

Anyway, I'm not sure what song to do it for... I looked at the pix of the last Carcassonne fanaction and it wasn't dark yet for the 2nd song - which OOL would be, that's what we originally had the rainbow for. I just looked, sunset in Carcassonne is at 21:22, so if Mika starts at 21:00, maybe for Tiny Love it'd work but later would be better. Not sure if it's good for Underwater, because we always have the "stars" there, and the lights aren't as bright with the paper. Might be a nice surprise for Mika, or a not-so-nice one if he expects the usual bright lights, I'm not sure. 😅 Or Happy Ending? Any ideas/opinions on this? Maybe I'm overthinking and it would be ok for OOL? :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

I think the coloured lights give a better effect in the back, because in the front you have the stage lights.

Anyway, I'm not sure what song to do it for... I looked at the pix of the last Carcassonne fanaction and it wasn't dark yet for the 2nd song - which OOL would be, that's what we originally had the rainbow for. I just looked, sunset in Carcassonne is at 21:22, so if Mika starts at 21:00, maybe for Tiny Love it'd work but later would be better. Not sure if it's good for Underwater, because we always have the "stars" there, and the lights aren't as bright with the paper. Might be a nice surprise for Mika, or a not-so-nice one if he expects the usual bright lights, I'm not sure. 😅 Or Happy Ending? Any ideas/opinions on this? Maybe I'm overthinking and it would be ok for OOL? :dunno_grin:

I also thought of OOL (like Bercy), firstly because it fits well with the song, but also because I think it's easier to tell people to do it "during the second song" (for those who don't necessarily know titles rather than saying a higher number like 'the tenth song' which is easy to forget + at the beginning the FA information is still fresh in people's minds).  

But it is also true that it won't be dark yet... I don't know, if it's easier we can still do it for OOL imo 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, virgi said:

I also thought of OOL (like Bercy), firstly because it fits well with the song, but also because I think it's easier to tell people to do it "during the second song" (for those who don't necessarily know titles rather than saying a higher number like 'the tenth song' which is easy to forget + at the beginning the FA information is still fresh in people's minds).  

But it is also true that it won't be dark yet... I don't know, if it's easier we can still do it for OOL imo 

I think enough people know the title, and the rest will follow - it worked in Bercy too with the songtitle. Also, you never know if he might spontaneously decide to change the setlist and play it only later. :dunno_grin:

3 minutes ago, carafon said:

Maybe at the end ?

To be sure that it will be dark 

At the end usually there's a lot of light on the audience...

Maybe Grace Kelly? I could be brown, I could be blue, etc? :teehee: Also for that one it's sure everyone knows the title. :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 2