2021 - Mika @Vars - 11 December Free Concert REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Mikasister

16 hours ago, Prisca said:

So, I have made some videos but the quality isn't that good as with other videos here and Mika is sometimes not in the picture, I looked sometimes directly to the scene and not through my phone and I forget to take attention to my phone :facepalm:, anyway here are some videos.

Soundcheck and concert:

That's enough videos for today, I'll upload the rest tomorrow, I need to go to sleep. :original:

0 B · 2 downloads

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Vars' snow concert was spectacular! :cheer:

It was very cold, - 11° C, my hands and legs were frozen. We have been in line since morning and we could also attend the rehearsals. We saw two concerts... :wub2:
It was all white, but his music gave us warmth and colors. We were 19.000 people, we sang, we jumped, we danced, we got excited, we all had fun together and it was really amazing to be able to do that at this time. :wootjump:

Mika and the band had some stoves on stage, but they could see their breath too. I loved every performance. :cloud:Despite the cold were wonderful and I already miss them so much, as I miss every moment I lived during this trip and the people with whom I shared it. :hug:

I can’t wait to get back and I hope soon... 🤞

1639346944938.jpg

1639344861770.jpg

1639347503450.jpg

1639346751417.jpg

1639347407878.jpg

1639347624860.jpg

1639344685153.jpg

1639349024911.jpg

1639347134172.jpg

1639345381612.jpg

1639346623497.jpg

1639345183367.jpg

1639347231826.jpg

1639345492833.jpg

1639345611424.jpg

1639348475725.jpg

1639345731434.jpg

1639346287882.jpg

1639346051072.jpg

Screenshot_20211212-221952_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211212-222009_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211212-222000_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211212-221937_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211212-211810_Messenger.jpg

20211210_131737.jpg

20211211_100924.jpg

20211212_114200.jpg

20211212_114205.jpg

20211212_114157(0).jpg

20211212_114302.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share here with you a more complete collection of my videos from Vars, than the bits I’ve posted on my instagram. So I’ve tried uploading them here and they were too heavy so I thought I could put them all together on youtube and share here the link. It was a very special night.

Here are the videos:

Concert Part 1:

https://youtu.be/LxqD2fc9h3Q

Concert Part 2:

https://youtu.be/Ii2ctGZcsSY

Soundcheck:

https://youtu.be/9Bh3M0K3bkc

Greetings and a big hug to everyone! Xx

:cloud:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

On 12/13/2021 at 7:06 PM, Prisca said:

Thanks so much for filming a lot of his talking! So many interesting things. I don't understand everything, but the bits I do understand, whoa, it's rare that he's that open! So he wrote Billy Brown about the boyfriend of one of his sisters, and she didn't understand it, even after he put it on the album and sang it on tour?! Did I get that right? And when he made mistakes on the piano, he felt like when he was 9 and with his strict piano teacher and he had forgotten his exercise / homework, something like that?

Did anyone film all his talking before Grace Kelly, or at least has a sound recording of it? I think it's the only bit that he talked in English... Prisca has the first few bits, Nina has the last few, but from what I heard, there was some more in the middle...

Thanks everyone for your videos & photos! Those videos give an impression of what an amazing concert it must've been. :wub2: Live is better, of course - but without the freezing also isn't too bad, lol! :roftl:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mellody said:

Thanks so much for filming a lot of his talking! So many interesting things. I don't understand everything, but the bits I do understand, whoa, it's rare that he's that open! So he wrote Billy Brown about the boyfriend of one of his sisters, and she didn't understand it, even after he put it on the album and sang it on tour?! Did I get that right? And when he made mistakes on the piano, he felt like when he was 9 and with his strict piano teacher and he had forgotten his exercise / homework, something like that?

Yes, he said that it was about the boyfriend of one of his sisters and he was of the opinion that he is not really interested in women and that she didn't even get it after he made an album with the song. :lol3: And he also said that the song is now his and ours. :original:

I'm glad that my videos are useful for something, the quality isn't exactly great... :facepalm:

10 hours ago, mellody said:

Did anyone film all his talking before Grace Kelly, or at least has a sound recording of it? I think it's the only bit that he talked in English... Prisca has the first few bits, Nina has the last few, but from what I heard, there was some more in the middle...

Where's my Grace Kelly video? I can't find it. :blink:

I'm attaching it. Some of the beginning is missing because I touched a wrong button and the filming stopped and I had to start again :facepalm:(or was that when my phone suddenly switched off because I had no battery? I was filming with two mobile phones). In what is missing here, he had quoted the song lyrics. It isn't missing something interesting, only the songs lyrics that we anyway know. :original:

Edit: You can see with the Video of Bea above what is missing. :original:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/12/2021 at 10:28 PM, Mikasister said:

Do you remember how many songs did he sing and which ones?

3 minutes ago, Perdchen said:

Hey :)

does anyone know the exact setlist? I would love to know!

Yes, I think I know the setlist and also the order. But I haven't got around to writing them down here yet. I'll try to write it down tonight, if that's ok. :original:

5 hours ago, Prisca said:

Yes, he said that it was about the boyfriend of one of his sisters and he was of the opinion that he is not really interested in women and that she didn't even get it after he made an album with the song. :lol3: And he also said that the song is now his and ours. :original:

And he added that the guy was even with his sister at several Mika's concerts and she still didn't get it :lol3:

Mika told this story as well at an Italian event when they asked his to sing a song at the end and he chose Billy Brown.

I don't remember the name Wired something... Mika was wearing this pink jacket. I can't find the video. For sure the Subtitles Team did the translation.

image.png.19d2ec8367671b6c57a01fdceda34239.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika told this story as well at an Italian event when they asked his to sing a song at the end and he chose Billy Brown.

And Mika told in Vars he hadn't never told this story before. :lmfao:    :teehee:

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And he added that the guy was even with his sister at several Mika's concerts and she still didn't get it :lol3:

I don't remember the name Wired something... Mika was wearing this pink jacket. I can't find the video. For sure the Subtitles Team did the translation.

image.png.19d2ec8367671b6c57a01fdceda34239.png

This is the final part of that speech

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Prisca said:

Yes, I think I know the setlist and also the order. But I haven't got around to writing them down here yet. I'll try to write it down tonight, if that's ok. :original:

Actually, I had thought MiKA started 11 minutes late at -11 °C, but my first video says 6.46 pm, so 16 minutes late. :teehee: Ok, I just saw that the time is displayed when you stop the video, it may be true that he started 06.41 after all. 😅 Thanks in any case Mika for not making us wait too long. :flowers2:

Then when I looked for Mika with others after the concert and looked at the time, it was 08.20 pm, so over 1.5 hours of concert. :wub2:

But I have not seen him after the concert. Apparently he had run straight into the car and was gone. :original:

Here is the setlist:

1st: Lollipop

2nd: Origin Of Love

3rd: Big Girl

4th: Ice Cream

5th: Rain

6th: Underwater

7th: Relax, Take It Easy

8th: Tiny Love

9th: Billy Brown

10th: Happy Ending

11th: Elle Me Dit

12th: Grace Kelly

13th: Love Today

14th: We Are Golden

15th: Tiny Love Reprise

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Prisca said:

And Mika told in Vars he hadn't never told this story before. :lmfao:    :teehee:

I'm pretty sure that I've heard it more than once before, but it wouldn't be the first time he contradict himself :wink2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Apparently he had run straight into the car and was gone. :original:

Maybe he didn't want you to hang around afterwards in the cold for too long. 🥰

Or he was freezing after being shirtless!  Hopefully drove straight to his accommodation for a nice warm bath and snuggling in soft warm fluffy towels. :yes:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

Actually, I had thought MiKA started 11 minutes late at -11 °C, but my first video says 6.46 pm, so 16 minutes late. :teehee: Ok, I just saw that the time is displayed when you stop the video, it may be true that he started 06.41 after all. 😅 Thanks in any case Mika for not making us wait too long. :flowers2:

Then when I looked for Mika with others after the concert and looked at the time, it was 08.20 pm, so over 1.5 hours of concert. :wub2:

But I have not seen him after the concert. Apparently he had run straight into the car and was gone. :original:

Here is the setlist:

9th: Billy Brown

10th: Happy Ending

11th: Elle Me Dit

12th: Grace Kelly

13th: Love Today

14th: We Are Golden

15th: Tiny Love Reprise

Thank you! A great setlist. Love to see Rain and Billy Brown ❤So he didn't do Popular Song? I read it somewhere.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Perdchen said:

Thank you! A great setlist. Love to see Rain and Billy Brown ❤So he didn't do Popular Song? I read it somewhere.

So, the updated setlist (I hope I haven't forgotten anything again :sweatdrop:, he sang Popular Song after Tiny Love):

9th: Popular Song

10th: Billy Brown

11th: Happy Ending

12th: Elle Me Dit

13th: Grace Kelly

14th: Love Today

15th: We Are Golden

16th: Tiny Love Reprise

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/16/2021 at 9:58 AM, Beatrixxx_always said:

This is the video of Grace Kelly, with the intro at the beginning, that I have. :cloud:

FullSizeRender.mov 327.03 MB · 3 downloads  

Thanks a lot! :flowers2: I had looked in the videos you posted before, but seems you cut it out there? 

What's it that he says before "but if you don't like it..."? Is it colours in French, or does it refer to something in particular, or is it a random man's and woman's name, to say "any gender"?