Mika Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, website updates - 2022

Mikasister

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

That flower would look really good in someone’s hair :fisch:

New drawing ideas? :biggrin2: :teehee:

It also looks good with his hand tho... it's fascinating  how adding his hand like that makes the photo a lot more personal than just posting a pic of the flower, as I would probably have. Maybe he has not only enrolled in classes for philosophy and languages while in lockdown, but also for social media management? :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

My own personal encounter was one at a distance (pandemic style: I asked him to sign one of my artworks through a contact), but he is very generous to his fans, also on an individual basis.

That's amazing, I'm so glad you were able to have that experience! My few encounters with celebrities in the past have definitely been random, and I totally agree that luck and patience have a lot to do with it. I don't even know what sort of encounter I would be looking for with Mika - maybe just a more direct way to express my appreciation - but so far the most rewarding part of this whole adventure has been listening to his music, engaging in my own creative projects inspired by his music, and inspiring other people to do the same. :pinkbow: And now, getting to know other people who feel similarly!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

New drawing ideas? :biggrin2: :teehee:

It also looks good with his hand tho... it's fascinating  how adding his hand like that makes the photo a lot more personal than just posting a pic of the flower, as I would probably have. Maybe he has not only enrolled in classes for philosophy and languages while in lockdown, but also for social media management? :naughty:

I think that could be from seeing the paintings at the museum

Oh and the live on Wednesday was a wonderful experience...what a treat, it somehow felt personal (at least that was my impression) to be here even just as a bystander. Mika seems to have an uniquely close relationship with his fans, from what I have seen so far... which is wonderful :wink2:

Oh and I'm mildly envious of all of you who will be attending his US tour and getting the chance to hear some of his new music (!), but I'm also excited that a tour is even happening after so long. And that you'll be able to dance and be crazy (in a good way) along with Mika :dance_man: Hopefully one day I'll be blessed to live through such an experience as well... patience:wub2:

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Aki Celeste said:

All excellent questions, although I was most taken with the mention of a personal "house ghost." If you have a story of your own, DO TELL. :eek:

I do mention my house ghost from time to time (he likes to mess with the WiFi! :annoyed:), and I am tempted to start a 'Spiritual Experiences' thread to talk more about him! 😅

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I do mention my house ghost from time to time (he likes to mess with the WiFi! :annoyed:), and I am tempted to start a 'Spiritual Experiences' thread to talk more about him! 😅

Well...  if that thread were to be started, I might just follow it, as I've had a few weird 'Spiritual Experiences' (Appearances?) myself, although none so exciting and dastardly as messing with the Wifi. Not saying anything, just saying! :wink2:

• Haha 2

On 1/6/2022 at 7:16 AM, dcdeb said:

If anyone wants to see the section of the Instagram Live that contains just Mika's conversation, I've put it up on our YouTube account here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeodQdu9kx4

And the full hour-long video is on our Instagram IGTV account here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYXQsRnhtpT/

:fangurl:

On 1/5/2022 at 11:25 PM, Mikasister said:

Twitter

When he said “With 15…. The skateboards are out.” and the thing he said about the “f* you attitude” and not being and wanting to be worried about the consequences so much… what if he skateboards are out now in his artistic journey? And not necessarily the skateboards, but he has a fully equipped driver’s license and he is driving off to wherever the road will take him. Without the navigation telling him where to go. 

I just hope he doesn’t ignore the warning signs by the road and doesn’t take hallucinating drugs when driving :facepalm: apparently he has as he was looking at his Christmas tree, how else did he know it would start talking to him??? :biggrin2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

When he said “With 15…. The skateboards are out.” and the thing he said about the “f* you attitude” and not being and wanting to be worried about the consequences so much

I was just thinking about this earlier, especially the "F you attitude" part. I feel like the pandemic has been a giant opportunity to work with this, sometimes to unfortunate effect, but more often in a liberating way, especially for the artistically inclined who might not have had the confidence to cultivate that side of themselves otherwise.

I'm really curious to see how Mika embodies this in live performance. I would say he does already and has for a while,  just by being who he is in the dodgy world of professional music, but based on what he mentioned recently, he seems to be ready to take it to a new level. Skateboards and all. :boxing:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

apparently he has as he was looking at his Christmas tree, how else did he know it would start talking to him??? :biggrin2:

Similar thoughts, lol! 🙈😅 Like, ok, he might have had a chat with his tree at some point, or at least he knows first-hand how those drugs make you feel. :facepalm: :lmfao:

He doesn't drive a car himself tho, because he said he's a mess behind every wheel... so maybe he'll stick with the skateboard. Or other means of transport. Like horses. Or camels. :teehee: But, figuratively speaking, you may be right. :naughty:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

ok, he might have had a chat with his tree at some point

I find this image so precious and endearing to contemplate... Mika conversing with his tree! :blush: And agreed on no cars for him, although maybe a Vespa? Or a Ducati? Eh, he should just stick with horses and camels, he's so speedy otherwise! :roll1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

He doesn't drive a car himself tho, because he said he's a mess behind every wheel... so maybe he'll stick with the skateboard. Or other means of transport. Like horses. Or camels. :teehee: But, figuratively speaking, you may be right. :naughty:

Camels :lol3: Is that safer????? 

• Haha 3

But honestly, I think he will not drive safely. It’s about taking risks and exploring things off road, as pure and honest as they are. I hope he finds his way and with that maybe also a new way to our hearts like he has successfully managed to do so time and time again. Not necessarily only in a new light, but also a brighter one. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, mellody said:

Beautiful! :wub2: In that case it'd be useful if the internet could transport smells. :lol: The leaves remind me a little of Frangipani / Plumeria, which are my favourite flowers and favourite flower scent, I wonder if these gardenias smell similar. Ah, that makes me dream of tropical places... :cloud: Mika is so lucky to be able to call this piece of paradise home. :wub2:

Could it be that you really have not ever had the chance to smell a gardenia?  :shocked:

If I could I would send one to you. We have a gardenia tree on our deck every summer and I love to bring them into the house -- natural air freshener! You really only need one at a time, though -- they are very fragrant. Here's one from this past summer. Sigh. Mika's photo made me really miss summer -- especially since we got another four inches of snow last night.

IMG_4817.JPG

18 hours ago, Aki Celeste said:

I want to echo my appreciation for Deb. I would not have been able to act with nearly the same composure while doing any IG Live, let alone with Mika jumping in! 

This was my first time hearing from him in such a direct way (I'm sadly - or perhaps blessedly - not very active on IG), and I was touched by how open and playful and patient he was, particularly when he was telling the story of his home and showing us his Christmas decorations.

I've been part of other fandoms and I'm already blown away by the quality of engagement and mutual appreciation I've seen in this one. At the same time, I feel rather sad that I missed out on the earlier part of his career, when he seemed to be much more accessible to fans on an individual level. I'm most drawn to his music, and it sounds like he's more interested in connecting with his fans as a collective anyway, so ultimately it doesn't matter, I suppose. Maybe I'm just stuck in nostalgia for something I never lived through. Regardless, it was still lovely to hear from people who have been here since the beginning!

Thanks, but you know what? I still get very nervous when I'm talking with Mika, and when I see the number of people watching increasing by leaps and bounds once he joins our IG Live, that really gets me panicked. Don't you see the fear in my eyes? :yikes:

I must be pretty good at hiding that! But as you saw during the IG Live, he's just so kind and sincere and normal, that I relax after a bit... and after 15 years, I do see him more as a real person than as a "celebrity", so I guess that helps.

And as for missing out on the early years, I'm not going to lie, they were special. There was such an excitement and a freshness to it all. I think the biggest difference now is that there are so many MORE fans that it is difficult for him to be as available as he was 15 years ago -- as someone said, there's only one of him, and there are thousands upon thousands of us! Which is a good thing in a way, because if he wasn't so popular then he wouldn't tour the US and I would probably never see him without having to travel to Europe!

In any case, I wanted to add how nice it is to see so many new fans joining here and becoming a part of the crowd. :flowers2:

:welcomeani:

• Like 11

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Could it be that you really have not ever had the chance to smell a gardenia?  :shocked:

If I could I would send one to you. We have a gardenia tree on our deck every summer and I love to bring them into the house -- natural air freshener! You really only need one at a time, though -- they are very fragrant. Here's one from this past summer. Sigh. Mika's photo made me really miss summer -- especially since we got another four inches of snow last night.

IMG_4817.JPG

Beautiful! :wub2: Idk, I might have smelt one at some botanical garden or somewhere, without knowing what it was. :dunno_grin: I need to check my photos from Sri Lanka and Australia, there were lots of beautiful flowers, maybe I saw those too. But I didn't even know what they're called when Mika posted the pic. 😅 Gardena (without the "i") is the most popular gardening brand in Germany, that's what I associate with that name, lol! :lmfao:🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

But honestly, I think he will not drive safely. It’s about taking risks and exploring things off road, as pure and honest as they are. I hope he finds his way and with that maybe also a new way to our hearts like he has successfully managed to do so time and time again. Not necessarily only in a new light, but also a brighter one. 

Yeah, taking risks, he said that... I'm happy if he takes artistic risks - like, I love what he says about autonomy and not hiding behind a management or label, being yourself and unique, etc., agree with him that that's essential. Just please no actual life-threatening risks like driving while under the influence of hallucinogenous drugs! 😅🙈

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, mellody said:

He doesn't drive a car himself tho, because he said he's a mess behind every wheel...

I know he's always said he's a bad driver, but I thought he did sometimes drive himself? He's said a couple of times that freedom is his car with the dogs in the back. Like the road trip he took to Savannah. And he said during the 1st "Cooking with" (the tomato sauce episode) that he would normally get into his little car and drive to a nearby town to buy vegetables from a little shop there.

Maybe he likes to tootle around himself for personal things but has a driver for professional engagements? Like when he posted about being late for The Flight interview, he wasn't driving then. Makes sense, gives him chance to focus and prepare for the event. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hero said:

I know he's always said he's a bad driver, but I thought he did sometimes drive himself? He's said a couple of times that freedom is his car with the dogs in the back. Like the road trip he took to Savannah. And he said during the 1st "Cooking with" (the tomato sauce episode) that he would normally get into his little car and drive to a nearby town to buy vegetables from a little shop there.

Maybe he likes to tootle around himself for personal things but has a driver for professional engagements? Like when he posted about being late for The Flight interview, he wasn't driving then. Makes sense, gives him chance to focus and prepare for the event. 

He does have a driver's licence, but from what I know hasn't been seen behind a wheel since his Casa Mika taxi driving. Ok except once on a boat, where that quote came from, lol! :teehee: In 2012 he told us after a show that he has driven his car off a cliff. :dunno_grin: On tour, usually Andy drives him around - I took the quote of freedom in his car with the dogs in the back to be about that. Well but you're right, he lives kinda in the middle of nowhere in Italy (or at least it looks like that from the photos / videos), he probably won't order a taxi every time he wants to go shopping, if Andy isn't there. I can't remember that bit from the Cooking with Mika, guess it's a good excuse to rewatch those. :naughty: (after the MFC bday celebrations are finished)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Soooo fabulous :lol3: although I do think his eyes come out more with his brown curly hair :wink2:

I'm surprised how well long blonde hair suits him, tbh. :teehee: But maybe it's just the curls / waves in that wig... I think it suits him better if there's movement in his hair than if it's completely straight or glued together by hairspray. :dunno_grin: (or is that just my fluff addiction? :roftl:)

Btw, which song is it that's playing in his story? I suppose it is Christina Aguilera? I only know her old songs. 🙈

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, mellody said:

Btw, which song is it that's playing in his story? I suppose it is Christina Aguilera? I only know her old songs. 🙈

I don't think it's Christina's song. It's rather a Spanish song (like it looks it has been a Spanish evening with paella )

Mika refers rather to Christina's hair:lol:

Christina Aguilera Singing GIF by E!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't think it's Christina's song. It's rather a Spanish song (like it looks it has been a Spanish evening with paella )

Ah thanks. Of course the hair refers to her, but I thought it might have been the song too. :lol:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, mellody said:

I'm surprised how well long blonde hair suits him, tbh. :teehee: But maybe it's just the curls / waves in that wig... I think it suits him better if there's movement in his hair than if it's completely straight or glued together by hairspray. :dunno_grin: (or is that just my fluff addiction? :roftl:)

14 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It seems a "flamenco" song to me but I don't know the song this time :dunno_grin:

• Like 3