Mika Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, website updates - 2022

Mikasister

On 1/6/2022 at 6:17 PM, Veronique B said:

Thank you Deb for the video because I don't have Instagram but I don't understand conversations in English very well so I hope that you and your team will soon be able to broadcast it with French subtitles. Thank you for the work you do in this fan club that I recently joined. Hoping to meet one day. Kindly :thumb_yello: :bye:

The subs team is working on it :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

On 1/6/2022 at 11:31 PM, Aki Celeste said:

I want to echo my appreciation for Deb. I would not have been able to act with nearly the same composure while doing any IG Live, let alone with Mika jumping in! 

This was my first time hearing from him in such a direct way (I'm sadly - or perhaps blessedly - not very active on IG), and I was touched by how open and playful and patient he was, particularly when he was telling the story of his home and showing us his Christmas decorations.

I've been part of other fandoms and I'm already blown away by the quality of engagement and mutual appreciation I've seen in this one. At the same time, I feel rather sad that I missed out on the earlier part of his career, when he seemed to be much more accessible to fans on an individual level. I'm most drawn to his music, and it sounds like he's more interested in connecting with his fans as a collective anyway, so ultimately it doesn't matter, I suppose. Maybe I'm just stuck in nostalgia for something I never lived through. Regardless, it was still lovely to hear from people who have been here since the beginning!

It's not too late don't worry :hug: Mika loves his new fans too :wub2: If you go to several concerts and/[or  I'm sure you'll end up meeting him :thumb_yello:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Hero said:

IG story...

mikainstagram2749223001927630241_179779999.thumb.jpg.4e337311dfe2d6c8cf3b281793584776.jpg

OK that sounds exciting. 

Should we be excited or scared? :lol3:

Also, that's another Lacoste level, look at that crocodile, it even has fire. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Hero said:

A snuggly jacket AND a roaring fire? 

Is it cold in Miami? :blink:

A few days ago he was at pool  and now he seems to be warming himself in the fireplace  hahaha that Mika wants to confuse us :naughty:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Or he wants to be sympathetic to us in Europe, freezing our *** off 🥶 

Aww how sweet of him! :fangurl: :teehee:

13 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

A few days ago he was at pool  and now he seems to be warming himself in the fireplace  hahaha that Mika wants to confuse us :naughty:

I think it's warm during the day but might get a bit chilly in the evenings.

My personal interpretation of the "storm" is that the Eurovision rumours might be true. There have been some more of those yesterday, that he'd be presenting the show together with Laura Pausini, and at some point in the last few days he started following Laura Pausini on Instagram (someone told me that's new, I never notice such things, lol!) - and, I mean, that would be a real storm... somehow I don't think he'd call a few additional tourdates a "storm". But who knows, maybe there's other news he'll be sharing with us. He looks styled, I wonder if he did some online interviews?

9 hours ago, Lulul said:

Should we be excited or scared? :lol3:

Hm, maybe both? :roftl: In any case, I'm looking forward to hear news, I'm in the mood for change. :teehee:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mellody said:

My personal interpretation of the "storm" is that the Eurovision rumours might be true.

I have been thinking the same thing. Sanremo is in February, ESC is in May… would fit before the tour and then between tour and festivals :wink2:

So Mika may be back in Italy in two weeks! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mellody said:

My personal interpretation of the "storm" is that the Eurovision rumours might be true. There have been some more of those yesterday, that he'd be presenting the show together with Laura Pausini, and at some point in the last few days he started following Laura Pausini on Instagram (someone told me that's new, I never notice such things, lol!) - and, I mean, that would be a real storm...

I'd heard various rumours, but I thought he hated ESC? Or at least, didn't think it to be of  value? Hm, maybe seeing how Maneskin did has changed his mind. :dunno: Be interesting to see how some quarters react to that, if that is correct. 

2 hours ago, mellody said:

He looks styled, I wonder if he did some online interviews?

I thought this as well. More styled than just for an insta story. :biggrin2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I have been thinking the same thing. Sanremo is in February, ESC is in May… would fit before the tour and then between tour and festivals :wink2:

Wait, so he lied?? I thought he had denied those rumours :huh:

There's always a plot twist in his world :drive:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Does Sanremo have anything to do with the ESC? :blink:

1 hour ago, Hero said:

I'd heard various rumours, but I thought he hated ESC? Or at least, didn't think it to be of  value? Hm, maybe seeing how Maneskin did has changed his mind. :dunno: 

As he said on our live, things like this enable him to be an autonomous artist. :teehee: In other words, it gives him the platform and resources he needs to make the music and art he wants. At least that's how I'd interpret it. :dunno_grin:

11 minutes ago, Lulul said:

Wait, so he lied?? I thought he had denied those rumours :huh:

There's always a plot twist in his world :drive:

We don't know yet... anyway he didn't actually deny them, he just said 'I don't know what you're talking about' when the interviewer asked him. That might as well have meant "I'm not allowed to say anything yet". :dunno_grin:

But I don't know anything more than you, it's just my interpretation, maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mellody said:

Does Sanremo have anything to do with the ESC? :blink:

Usually the winners of the Sanremo festival are selected to represent Italy at the ESC :wink2: 

Soooooo maybe maybe maybe we’ll see him there, too! 

Or he’s talking about another storm entirely and we’re terribly wrong :sweatdrop:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Usually the winners of the Sanremo festival are selected to represent Italy at the ESC :wink2: 

Soooooo maybe maybe maybe we’ll see him there, too! 

Or he’s talking about another storm entirely and we’re terribly wrong :sweatdrop:

Well if he's presenting, he won't be taking part as a contestant, so he doesn't have to be in Sanremo... also @Hero I think when he said he hated ESC he meant taking part as a contestant, in the first place. He also used to say that he hates casting shows, so there's that... :dunno_grin: Judging and presenting and getting paid for it is a different experience than taking part as a contestant, for sure. :teehee:

Or maybe he has written a song for someone else to sing there? Someone dressed in a camel head maybe, lol! :roftl:

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

Or maybe he has written a song for someone else to sing there? Someone dressed in a camel head maybe, lol!

Who is now invading a thread with camels? :camel3:

:lmfao:

• Haha 4

A press/publicity storm?

A storm of activity?

He's called Amira a storm before, are the girls joining him?

The winter storm that precedes the Rite of Spring? 🤔

Always a puzzle. Very glad right now that Mika hasn't compiled the MFC anniversary games, they'd be impossible to figure out! :teehee:

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Oh, there is a new video with Mika on Indeed Instagram account. Was ir a reason of the calm before the storm?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYpOX6uBLYf/

Does that mean that not so many have applied or not so suitable people that Mika is now making an extra video about it? :dunno_grin: