2022- Mika @Coachella - April 15th 2022

krysady

3 hours ago, Hero said:

Is anyone else a bit surprised at the billing? I know he's not headlining, but he deserves better than hidden third line down! :sneaky2:

FI8ukMRVEAEqZ6I.jpeg.thumb.jpg.eff7c090f39e2ead4e52dec59def5f8c.jpg

I've never heard of most of these acts. 

Yes I'm old. :naughty:

Just read that the festival headliners get up to $4 million" for performing over the two weekends :aah:

57 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

That will be only 2-3 people

Yes, only the headliners, and not all of them. Some would get "only" $3 million or less :teehee:

Anyway, I hope Mika and Stromae are well paid, they deserve it :original:

• Like 5

10 hours ago, krysady said:

Just read that the festival headliners get up to $4 million" for performing over the two weekends :aah:

This also explains the pass prices. :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Prisca said:

This also explains the pass prices. :lol3:

Now if we think that people pay that price and get to see so many singers they probably are interested to see, it's not such a huge price. But just for a few songs of your favorite artist, may be a bit expensive indeed :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krysady said:

Now if we think that people pay that price and get to see so many singers they probably are interested to see, it's not such a huge price. But just for a few songs of your favorite artist, may be a bit expensive indeed :dunno_grin:

Yes, sure, you can listen to many singers for that. :thumb_yello: But I think it's a real shame that you're almost "forced" to go there for three days and they don't offer day passes if you just want to see someone. :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

But I think it's a real shame that you're almost "forced" to go there for three days and they don't offer day passes if you just want to see someone. :dunno_grin:

Yes, it's a shame that there's no more options..

• Like 1

Ok, I think I will try to buy a pass since I will already be in the US anyway (if I'm not going to be in London, you know why = I'm broke :aah:) . :facepalm: Who knows, the next time I will be near the festival? :dunno_grin:

Does anyone have any tips who has already been there? :original:

Have you bought shuttle passes? :original:

Did you use the car or tent parking? Or where did you sleep? :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Prisca said:

Ok, I think I will try to buy a pass since I will already be in the US anyway (if I'm not going to be in London, you know why = I'm broke :aah:) . :facepalm: Who knows, the next time I will be near the festival? :dunno_grin:

I think @Sivan is the only MFCer who was there in 2007...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Prisca said:

I tried getting a ticket but it was sold out. Did you get one??

5 minutes ago, Sivan said:

I tried getting a ticket but it was sold out. Did you get one??

Yes, I did. I came in a few minutes after 10 am and the General Admission had already sold out, but the General Admission + Shuttle were still there. So I bought it. :facepalm:

grafik.thumb.png.fab58a6d70cb7386ec35f8003d2a1be4.png

The tent campings are already gone, but since I'm allowed to take the shuttle bus for free anyway now, I can also sleep in a hotel. I probably shouldn't wait too long to book one, though?:dunno_grin:

Where did you sleep in 2007? :original:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Yes, I did. I came in a few minutes after 10 am and the General Admission had already sold out, but the General Admission + Shuttle were still there. So I bought it. :facepalm:

grafik.thumb.png.fab58a6d70cb7386ec35f8003d2a1be4.png

The tent campings are already gone, but since I'm allowed to take the shuttle bus for free anyway now, I can also sleep in a hotel. I probably shouldn't wait too long to book one, though?:dunno_grin:

Where did you sleep in 2007? :original:

Ok yeah they were available for me as well but I didn't want to pay more than the GA. I don't need a shuttle. We stayed in a place I think it was motel 6.... Had to drive from there and yeah you need to book asap cause places are probably taken already. Check on Google for close places. Airbnb as well!

Have fun for us!!! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

I think @Sivan is the only MFCer who was there in 2007...

We came with a car so we just used the parking. It takes a long time to get out of there in the evening. We had to wait for everyone in the parking lot to get out for that but if you don't have a car you will need an Uber or something I think. I believe the shuttle is from the airport to the festival? 

28 minutes ago, Sivan said:

I believe the shuttle is from the airport to the festival? 

I think what you mean is the:

LAX Shuttle Pass

Traveling far and wide (or from the LA area) to join us at Coachella this year? Let VMT take the wheel. With convenient pick up near LAX and return service directly to LAX all you have to do is sit back, relax, and count down the minutes until gates open. One-way shuttle service to/from Coachella Camping and select resorts are available for both weekends.

But with this pass you have:

Any Line Shuttle Pass

Skip the festival traffic and leave your car at home. Any Line Shuttle service offers a safe, comfortable and environmentally-conscious alternative for show day transportation. For 2022, round-trip Any Line Shuttle service will depart from local hotels 12PM – 8PM each show day, and return service from the festival will end 60 minutes after the music ends each night.

Q: How far are the hotels/shuttle stops from the festival?

A: Stops range from about 5 to 25 miles away from the Polo Grounds, without traffic. While we have taken many precautions to circumvent festival traffic, we cannot account for area traffic or weather delays. However, we have several routes to and from the grounds that avoid most festival traffic and will get you there and back as quick as possible every time. Please refer to our website for the most up to date list of shuttle stops for each weekend.

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

I think what you mean is the:

LAX Shuttle Pass

Traveling far and wide (or from the LA area) to join us at Coachella this year? Let VMT take the wheel. With convenient pick up near LAX and return service directly to LAX all you have to do is sit back, relax, and count down the minutes until gates open. One-way shuttle service to/from Coachella Camping and select resorts are available for both weekends.

But with this pass you have:

Any Line Shuttle Pass

Skip the festival traffic and leave your car at home. Any Line Shuttle service offers a safe, comfortable and environmentally-conscious alternative for show day transportation. For 2022, round-trip Any Line Shuttle service will depart from local hotels 12PM – 8PM each show day, and return service from the festival will end 60 minutes after the music ends each night.

Q: How far are the hotels/shuttle stops from the festival?

A: Stops range from about 5 to 25 miles away from the Polo Grounds, without traffic. While we have taken many precautions to circumvent festival traffic, we cannot account for area traffic or weather delays. However, we have several routes to and from the grounds that avoid most festival traffic and will get you there and back as quick as possible every time. Please refer to our website for the most up to date list of shuttle stops for each weekend.

yes I guess thats good for you if you dont have a car :)  and if you plan to stay in LA hopefully for other shows! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sivan said:

Have fun for us!!! 

Yes, I hope everything works out. :crossed:

Thank you! :flowers2:

I would be very happy if someone else from MFC was there too and not just me.😅:yes: