MFC - get together - NY - April 4th?

Sivan

NYC MFC Get-Together  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be a part of the MFC Get-Together in New York on 4 April 2022?

• Yes, count me in!
    • It depends on the price.
    • No, I'd rather do something else.

Who's interested in getting together the day before the NY show?
Any thoughts? 

Who is going to be there and when?

Thought to see if we can plan something. 

MFC_NY_Party_2022_V1.jpg

• Like 9

Have a wonderful time guys :hug: I would love to be there but I haven't won more than 5.50 euros in the lottery and it would take a whole lot more to be able to join you :wub2: so I will follow you online as much as I can :thumb_yello: :group_hug:

Beautiful illustration Sivan :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sivan said:

Who's interested in getting together the day before the NY show?
Any thoughts? 

Who is going to be there and when?

I guess the best time would probably be late afternoon or evening, as those who were in Boston have to arrive in New York first. 😅

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I guess the best time would probably be late afternoon or evening, as those who were in Boston have to arrive in New York first. 😅

I agree. Maybe around 6?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

:thumb_yello:

And those who can't be there at that time can join us later, can't they? :original:

Let's see what the others think. :original:

Ofcourse! But we will need to go sleep at some point 😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

Do we have to? :blink:  :lmfao:

Well if we go by what happened in Paris.... I won't sleep much. The 4 days in Paris I think I slept maybe 6 hours total

• Haha 4

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

Just this time @Priscaand I have more of a timezone problem :lol3:

Well Mika says his fans are like him… so timezones don’t apply to us! :biggrin2:

Yeah.... Paris I just stayed awake... My time or not my time 😂😂😂

Edited by Sivan
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sivan said:

Well if we go by what happened in Paris.... I won't sleep much. The 4 days in Paris I think I slept maybe 6 hours total

Yes, let's see how many hours we will sleep. 😅

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Just this time @Priscaand I have more of a timezone problem :lol3:

Well Mika says his fans are like him… so timezones don’t apply to us! 

I hadn't thought of that just now! :doh: At least, I'll already be in the US for a few days. :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I hadn't thought of that just now! :doh:

Yes, I hadn't thought about it because I hadn't changed time zones and still didn't sleep much in Paris. :lol3:

This time it will probably be even worse. 😅

OK, Sivan kind of beat me to the punch here, but yes, we are definitely going to do *something* in New York. And as you all have said, anyone coming from Boston will need time to get to NYC, so it will have to be later in the day.

I actually have a few ideas and am looking into something in particular.

But even if that doesn't pan out, we should at the very least plan on some kind of official 15th anniversary get-together. I've put a few feelers out for this, too. :thumb_yello:

Stay tuned...

Of course, this shouldn't stop anyone from planning something else if you want!

• Like 9

I’d be so down for some kind of MFC get together, but I’m not sure the day before will work. I figured I’d get the train to NYC the morning of the show, hang out in the train station all night, then go back in the morning.

…….unless he adds another NYC show on the 4th or 6th

OK, I guess I need to ask... how many of you will be there on April 3, if we decide to do a proper event?

Right now, only 14 people have RSVP'ed YES to this show -- that's not enough to do what was I thinking of... but if we get a substantianly bigger number that could change!

So let me know here in the poll I've just created -- would you be willing to do something that night? If so, please make sure you RSVP on the calendar, too, and let me know, so we can get a body count!

Thanks!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, kreacher said:

I’d be so down for some kind of MFC get together, but I’m not sure the day before will work. I figured I’d get the train to NYC the morning of the show, hang out in the train station all night, then go back in the morning.

…….unless he adds another NYC show on the 4th or 6th

Dee, are you coming from Boston? I'm not sure where you're taking the train from/to. I think the chances of additional shows are slim, and I don't think anyone is going to want to do anything the day of the show, due to the queuing situation. There is always the chance of doing something after the show, but I'm not sure how late that will be. If Mika sticks to his usual 90-minute set, we'll be done well before midnight, but who knows? I'm not very familiar with Brooklyn, so I don't know what there would be to do that late, nearby. :dunno:

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Dee, are you coming from Boston? I'm not sure where you're taking the train from/to. I think the chances of additional shows are slim, and I don't think anyone is going to want to do anything the day of the show, due to the queuing situation. There is always the chance of doing something after the show, but I'm not sure how late that will be. If Mika sticks to his usual 90-minute set, we'll be done well before midnight, but who knows? I'm not very familiar with Brooklyn, so I don't know what there would be to do that late, nearby. :dunno:

I want to do Boston, especially because I don't really think he'll add another NYC gig either, but finances for accommodations are tight. If don't do Boston I'd be coming from Philadelphia, and going back there.

For Boston I was thinking it'd go like: fly to Philly a couple days before (leave suitcase there and jam all my gig stuff in small backpack or purse), saturday latest bus or train to Boston (about a 6-8 hour ride, arrives about 11:30pm), hang out in station and/or wander around Boston all night, or MAAAAAYBE get a cheap hostel room???, early morning queue... or take the train sunday and arrive about 2:15pm and not queue for hours?!), Boston gig, after gig go to bus station, bus back to Philly leaves around 2am, shower and sleep in Philly, early morning train to NYC, queue & NYC gig (FYI venue's max bag size is 18”x14”x9”), wander around NYC after gig & return Penn Station, early morning train back to Philly, fly home the next day.

^this plan brought to you by caffeine fueled Mikaddiction & an undesired cut in work hours^

For no Boston i'd just cut that part and go from Philly via train early Tuesday morning and arrive in NYC mid-day. Flawless plans, right?

I'll consider options to change this up so I can come to the NYC get together on the 4th and get back to you with that plan...

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 5

OK, so it doesn't look like we're going to have as many MFCers in New York as I thought... so maybe my original idea won't work.

I had thought, in keeping with the MFC Tour Boat idea, that we could do a Circle Line tour around the Statue of Liberty. If we had enough people we could have had a private area, but it doesn't look like there will be enough of us for that.

So... maybe, if anyone is in town early enough and they want to do a cruise around the harbor, we can do that just as regular passengers. And instead, we'll plan for a nice group dinner or drinks party that night before the gig.

What do you think?

• Like 9