Mika in French Press - 2022

Kumazzz

He said that he worked with Doriand and a 21 years old girl on the French album without telling anyting to the record company .

It will be released first.

The English one is due in 2023

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, carafon said:

He said that he worked with Doriand and a 21 years old girl on the French album without telling anyting to the record company .

Thanks. Ah shame that the English album will take til next year, I hope he'll release a few singles in advance... would love to hear those other songs that he teased over the last year. But well, he has some great French songs too, like Elle me dit, Karen, J'ai pas envie, Un soleil mal luné or BBB, so I'm curious about that album as well. The French lyrics are often even more interesting than the English ones, I suppose it's because Doriand writes them... a 3rd person who knows Mika very well and can talk with him about what he wants to express in a song, adds an interesting perspective. And it's often very open and honest, once I understand the translation, I don't need to interpret that much anymore... I suppose Doriand is just more straightforward (in a poetic way), as opposed to the mystery that Mika often has in his English songs. :teehee:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks. Ah shame that the English album will take til next year, I hope he'll release a few singles in advance... would love to hear those other songs that he teased over the last year. But well, he has some great French songs too, like Elle me dit, Karen, J'ai pas envie, Un soleil mal luné or BBB, so I'm curious about that album as well. The French lyrics are often even more interesting than the English ones, I suppose it's because Doriand writes them... a 3rd person who knows Mika very well and can talk with him about what he wants to express in a song, adds an interesting perspective. And it's often very open and honest, once I understand the translation, I don't need to interpret that much anymore... I suppose Doriand is just more straightforward (in a poetic way), as opposed to the mystery that Mika often has in his English songs. :teehee:

I prefer his English songs too :wub2:because English is more musical and happier (to me) than French and because I also likes his own words better although I have a huge weakness for Les baisers perdus to the point that I went to Bercy in hope to hear him sing it live (and he did :swoon:) but I trust he will release singles before the English album :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Two videos RTL  from Twitter.

TRANSLATION:

About Yo-Yo - Mika created this song two months ago with Renaud Rebillaud , who is making music for Kendji, Louan, Sliman.

MIKA: It's a gesture of freedom. I created it two month ago. I produced it and mixed at once. I was about going on the stage in  Coachella. At the same time I was in a middle of the outfits creation,  I was working on Eurovision project. The mixer was in Los Angeles, Renaud Rebillaud was in Paris. We were fighting about the mixing. I said: Hold on a second. I go on the Coachella stage and I'll be back in one hour. This is a single in which I really found the sense of pop music. This feeling that you have more power. Pure pop and melancholy. The voice line is not very demonstrative but there is this BeeGees sound or Bronsky Beat. 

When I was 16 I used go out at night to Soho in London where are night clubs. And I was dancing . During the day I was a soprano in the opera and at night I was dancing to Bronsky Beat in a middle of hundreds of people. This mix of melancholy and bursts of laughter is very important in a pop music.

After the song the journalist translates the lyrics into French. It' exuberant - he sais.

MIKA: Of course. All my lyrics are... take for example Relax lyrics. It's a very deep sadness. It's good to talk about sad things. But you have to leave some space for hope. It doesn't mean to become smooth. It means to have a little bit of optimism.

Question: Recording this sort of music, does it help you to evacuate bad vibes, sadness?

MIKA: To metabolize, to transform. You know, people often say: don't change. Stay as you are. But why not to change? You have to change. Actually if you stay the same, if you don't change, problems start to come, I think. 

Question: Mika told you as well that he will release a French music before his English project.

Yes, Mika is working on his album written completely in French. 

MIKA: This is a challenge for a foreigner who tries to sing in French in an imperfect way I speak French - I will sing the same way in French. I will write with my own musical culture and I will put it in a French album. It was very important to not become someone else. I wrote a lot of lyrics in French by myself. I always write my lyrics in English and I never wrote in French. This time I wrote only a little part with Doriand and with a young girl of 21 yo. We din't say anything to my music company. We did it in my living room and in Renaud's house. This relationship with France, this idea of francophonie - it's an idea I need to deepen, develop - to show what it means not to be French but to adore France. 

Journalist: A French album. English album in 2023. Mika will perform at about 12 festivals - as well at Francofolies in La Rochelle. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, carafon said:

Oh I really thought he was going to take advantage of the Eurovision and release the English album asap, especially when the feedback is really positive for YoYo. So does that mean that YoYo was just a separate song for Eurovision and that it will not be on the album, we don't normally get a lead one year before the release of an album 

18 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

Oh I really thought he was going to take advantage of the Eurovision and release the English album asap, especially when the feedback is really positive for YoYo. So does that mean that YoYo was just a separate song for Eurovision and that it will not be on the album, we don't normally get a lead one year before the release of an album 

He still can change his mind ....would not be the first time :wink2:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I created it two month ago. I produced it and mixed at once. I was about going on the stage in  Coachella.

That was one month ago tho. :blink: Mika maybe should get some sleep, if he's getting the time mixed up like that. :naughty:

5 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

This is a single in which I really found the sense of pop music. This feeling that you have more power. Pure pop and melancholy. The voice line is not very demonstrative but there is this BeeGees sound or Bronsky Beat.

I agree about Bronski Beat, but not Bee Gees. I also don't see Yoyo as a pop song, but as electronic dance music. If he means mainstream by "pop", then yes, maybe - I was at the Dua Lipa concert on Sunday, and some of her songs reminded me of Yoyo, guess it's the kind of music that's suitable for the charts these days.

5 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

In their Tweet they write that it's the first song from his next album, so I guess it is that early... it was the same with Elle me dit, that was released in summer 2011 and the album only came out in October 2012. Tho "next" album confuses me, if he says that his next album will be the French one. But then, if he mixes up times like with the Coachella performance and 2 months ago, who knows what the actual release dates are. :naughty:

15 minutes ago, mellody said:

That was one month ago tho. :blink: Mika maybe should get some sleep, if he's getting the time mixed up like that. :naughty:

In this recent interview for Alouette he sais it was one month and a half. They played Yo-Yo during the US tour so the song was ready. Maybe it was not the final version - and that's why they played it after the show?

18 minutes ago, mellody said:

In their Tweet they write that it's the first song from his next album, so I guess it is that early... it was the same with Elle me dit, that was released in summer 2011 and the album only came out in October 2012. Tho "next" album confuses me, if he says that his next album will be the French one. But then, if he mixes up times like with the Coachella performance and 2 months ago, who knows what the actual release dates are. :naughty:

Again - in this Alouette interview Mika sais that the idea of the finished album doesn't existe anymore.

"It was like this in the past. But the world has changed.

In the past the album has been finished 10 months before. We worked on the artwork. It was expected as it were a movie. It's not like this anymore".

Then he repeated the story of the Yo-yo creation (one month and a half back).

"This is how it works nowadays. And we have to accept the changes. It is very dynamic. If you hear a new song it means it's really fresh. It's going to be like this for the album. The album has being created in front of you. Song by song. This is how it is." 

• Thanks 1

Ah so that's what someone mentioned on the IG live chat - he says about Yoyo that he has written it 2 months ago and "rien qui va sortir qui existe d'avant" - um, if he really means by that, that he won't release the songs he has written over the last year, I'll need to have a word with him and/or his record label, whoever is responsible for such a shit decision. Just release songs that are great, no one cares when they were written?! :doh: If they need to sound fresh and last year's sound is already outdated, just make a new production and mix to adjust the sound to this year. A good song can stay relevant for decades - we saw it with Grace Kelly's new fame on Tiktok last year. And there are many examples, songs often get re-released after quite some time in a new version and become even more popular than the original version. I certainly don't mind if he just releases one song a month instead of keeping them all for an album some time next year, but the main point is that they're great, and the ones he teased over the last year definitely are. Especially "changing the colour of my skin", and "baby if I were you". He'll have another Promiseland moment if he doesn't release those. - for those who weren't here yet in 2015/2016, we all complained that he put Promiseland only as a bonus track on the album, and in 2016 in an interview he admitted that this decision was wrong (and also said that he doesn't want to be reminded of it, because it's a difference if you say it yourself or if someone else says it :teehee:).

Edit: Tho the way he says "la verité?" before saying these things on today's interview, makes me wonder if he's actually just inventing this. In his 2007 interviews he has been lying quite often. He said back then that he finds it boring to always get asked the same questions, so he changes his answers all the time. :naughty: It's fun if it's crazy made-up stories like flying with John Travolta's plane or the dog named Gertrude. :roftl: ... but I wish he wouldn't joke about his music. And also, 2007 Mika was a young guy in his early 20s, and now he'd probably rather want people to trust him and listen to what he has to say, than confuse them by saying random made-up things. :dunno:

Edited by mellody

RTM France

http://www.rfm.fr/news/Mika-est-l-invite-du-16-20-mercredi-1er-juin-26540

Mika est l'invité du 16/20 le mercredi 1er juin !

Créé le 27 mai 2022 à 12h07

Ce mercredi 1er juin, Mika répondra aux questions de Pat Angeli et Marie-Pierre Schembri dans le 16/20 RFM !

La star internationale Mika est de retour ! Pour ce faire, le chanteur a publié un nouveau single, intitulé YO YO, qu’il a interprété lors d’un medley exceptionnel (Love Today, Grace Kelly, YO YO et Happy Ending) pendant la finale de l’Eurovision qu’il a co-présenté devant 180 millions de téléspectateurs. « Je voulais écrire une chanson capable de faire pleurer et danser en même temps », explique Mika de retour de sa tournée nord-américaine sold-out avec deux passages remarqués à Coachella
Un titre que l’artiste a teasé sur TikTok, plateforme où son Grace Kelly’s Challenge l’an dernier était devenu viral et avait atteint les 40 millions de vues.
Ce nouveau morceau est le premier extrait d'un sixième album à paraître prochainement, trois ans après la parution de son album My Name Is Michael Holbrook. 

À cette occasion, le 16/20 reçoit Mika pour une interview exclusive ! 

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Mika is the guest of 16/20 on Wednesday, June 1st!

Created on May 27, 2022 at 12:07 p.m.

This Wednesday, June 1, Mika will answer questions from Pat Angeli and Marie-Pierre Schembri in the 16/20 RFM!

International star Mika is back! To do this, the singer released a new single, entitled YO YO, which he performed during an exceptional medley (Love Today, Grace Kelly, YO YO and Happy Ending) during the Eurovision final that he co-presented in front of 180 million viewers. “I wanted to write a song capable of making you cry and dance at the same time,” explains Mika, back from his sold-out North American tour with two remarkable appearances at Coachella.
A title that the artist teased on TikTok, the platform where his Grace Kelly's Challenge last year had gone viral and had reached 40 million views.
This new track is the first extract from a forthcoming sixth album, three years after the release of his album My Name Is Michael Holbrook.

On this occasion, the 16/20 receives Mika for an exclusive interview!

Mika-est-l-invite-du-16-20-mercredi-1er-juin_q100.thumb.jpg.e5e989696e96ab9973bbbeb86f7ea40e.jpg

Pure Charts France

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-121365.html

Mika sortira son album en français cette année :

"Je veux écrire avec ma culture musicale"

Mika est sur tous les fronts. Présentateur de la finale de l'Eurovision 2022 aux côtés de Laura Pausini et Alessandro Cattelan, le chanteur prépare aussi son grand retour musical. Il en a d'ailleurs dévoilé une première piste avec son nouveau single "Yo Yo", co-produit par Renaud Rebillaud (Vitaa et Slimane, Gims) et qu'il a interprété au beau milieu d'un medley à l'Eurovision puis durant la finale de "The Voice". Une chanson qu'il décrit à RTL comme « un geste de liberté, très très pop » : « C'est vraiment une chanson où j'ai retrouvé vraiment le sens de la pop. Ce sentiment qu'on a plus de pouvoir. Une pop qui va à fond la caisse, avec cette mélancolie. Il y a ce côté un peu Bee Gees, un peu Bronski Beat ». Bien qu'il soit intégralement chanté en anglais, ce single "Yo Yo" vient teaser le nouvel album de Mika qui, pour la première fois, sera uniquement composé de titres en français. Sa sortie est prévue pour la fin d'année, avant un autre disque anglophone pour 2023.

"On l'a fait sans le dire à la maison de disques"

« Je surfe sur l'énergie positive et sincère qui est la mienne en ce moment. C'est aussi une énergie de fête qui me pousse à créer. J'ai passé du temps avec ce sourire-là, à créer, à écrire et à faire de la musique en studio, dans des caves ou à la maison » indiquait l'interprète de "Elle me dit" en interview pour Pure Charts. Egalement interrogé par RTL, Mika en dit plus sur cet album en français, qu'il décrit comme un véritable défi à ses yeux : « Affronter ce challenge d'un étranger qui tente de chanter en français, la manière imparfaite que j'ai de parler en français, et bien je veux chanter de la même manière en français. Et je veux écrire mélodiquement avec ma culture mélodique, ma culture musicale, et la mettre dans un album en français. C'était super important pour ne pas devenir quelqu'un d'autre ».

Pour mener à bien ce projet francophone, celui qui chantait "Boum Boum Boum" indique avoir écrit la plupart des textes en français lui-même, une première pour lui dans la langue de Molière. « J'ai fait ça avec Dorian et une jeune fille qui a 21 ans, on l'a fait sans le dire à la maison de disques. On a travaillé dans mon salon et dans la maison de Renaud [Rebillaud] » poursuit le chanteur qui veut, à travers ce sixième disque, « approfondir, développer, creuser » son rapport à la France et « l'idée de la francophonie » : « Qu'est-ce que ça veut dire d'être pas français mais d'adorer la France ? ».

Un album que le public pourra donc découvrir d'ici la fin de l'année !

Spoiler

Mika will release his album in French this year:

"I want to write with my musical culture"

Mika is on all fronts. Presenter of the Eurovision 2022 final alongside Laura Pausini and Alessandro Cattelan, the singer is also preparing his big musical comeback. He also unveiled a first track with his new single "Yo Yo", co-produced by Renaud Rebillaud (Vitaa and Slimane, Gims) and which he performed in the middle of a medley at Eurovision then during the finale of "The Voice". A song he describes to RTL as “a gesture of freedom, very very pop”: “It's really a song where I really found the meaning of pop. This feeling that we have more power. A pop that goes full throttle, with this melancholy. There is this side that is a bit Bee Gees, a bit Bronski Beat”. Although it is entirely sung in English, this single "Yo Yo" comes as a teaser for Mika's new album which, for the first time, will only be composed of titles in French. Its release is scheduled for the end of the year, before another English disc for 2023.

"We did it without telling the record company"

“I surf on the positive and sincere energy that is mine at the moment. It's also a festive energy that pushes me to create. I spent time with that smile, creating, writing and making music in the studio, in cellars or at home, ”indicated the interpreter of “Elle me dit” in an interview for Pure Charts. Also interviewed by RTL, Mika says more about this album in French, which he describes as a real challenge in his eyes: "To face this challenge of a foreigner who tries to sing in French, the imperfect way that I have of speak in French, well I want to sing the same way in French. And I want to write melodically with my melodic culture, my musical culture, and put it in an album in French. It was super important not to become someone else”.

To carry out this French-speaking project, the one who sang "Boum Boum Boum" indicates that he wrote most of the texts in French himself, a first for him in the language of Molière. “I did that with Dorian and a young girl who is 21, we did it without telling the record company. We worked in my living room and in the house of Renaud [Rebillaud]” continues the singer who wants, through this sixth disc, “to deepen, to develop, to dig” his relationship with France and “the idea of Francophonie”: “What does it mean to be not French but to love France? ".

An album that the public will be able to discover by the end of the year!

photo_1653470551.jpg.ff1a0157b9665b6f5a36a5a339bbe36d.jpg

Eurovision 2022 : Mika chante un medley de ses tubes et le single "Yo Yo"

Edited by Kumazzz

On 5/28/2022 at 7:10 AM, Kumazzz said:

RTM France

http://www.rfm.fr/news/Mika-est-l-invite-du-16-20-mercredi-1er-juin-26540

Mika est l'invité du 16/20 le mercredi 1er juin !

Créé le 27 mai 2022 à 12h07

Ce mercredi 1er juin, Mika répondra aux questions de Pat Angeli et Marie-Pierre Schembri dans le 16/20 RFM !

La star internationale Mika est de retour ! Pour ce faire, le chanteur a publié un nouveau single, intitulé YO YO, qu’il a interprété lors d’un medley exceptionnel (Love Today, Grace Kelly, YO YO et Happy Ending) pendant la finale de l’Eurovision qu’il a co-présenté devant 180 millions de téléspectateurs. « Je voulais écrire une chanson capable de faire pleurer et danser en même temps », explique Mika de retour de sa tournée nord-américaine sold-out avec deux passages remarqués à Coachella
Un titre que l’artiste a teasé sur TikTok, plateforme où son Grace Kelly’s Challenge l’an dernier était devenu viral et avait atteint les 40 millions de vues.
Ce nouveau morceau est le premier extrait d'un sixième album à paraître prochainement, trois ans après la parution de son album My Name Is Michael Holbrook. 

À cette occasion, le 16/20 reçoit Mika pour une interview exclusive ! 

Reveal hidden contents

Mika is the guest of 16/20 on Wednesday, June 1st!

Created on May 27, 2022 at 12:07 p.m.

This Wednesday, June 1, Mika will answer questions from Pat Angeli and Marie-Pierre Schembri in the 16/20 RFM!

International star Mika is back! To do this, the singer released a new single, entitled YO YO, which he performed during an exceptional medley (Love Today, Grace Kelly, YO YO and Happy Ending) during the Eurovision final that he co-presented in front of 180 million viewers. “I wanted to write a song capable of making you cry and dance at the same time,” explains Mika, back from his sold-out North American tour with two remarkable appearances at Coachella.
A title that the artist teased on TikTok, the platform where his Grace Kelly's Challenge last year had gone viral and had reached 40 million views.
This new track is the first extract from a forthcoming sixth album, three years after the release of his album My Name Is Michael Holbrook.

On this occasion, the 16/20 receives Mika for an exclusive interview!

Mika-est-l-invite-du-16-20-mercredi-1er-juin_q100.thumb.jpg.e5e989696e96ab9973bbbeb86f7ea40e.jpg

RTM France / 16 - 20 RFM

on 07/06/2022

https://twitter.com/PatAngeli/status/1531924940462739459/photo/1

FUJ9nLdXsAAUyVt.thumb.jpg.80d2521fd1c10fa811de3a567330dfca.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeQ6KQRAAtQ/

285152347_604826300571848_2164694307688947612_n.thumb.jpg.6f4ab909a127d09d6af0f84872a72956.jpg

285396771_332141612239856_7626756057723536556_n.thumb.jpg.6b0bdde145e57b77095099de635c8525.jpg

IG stories via Pat Angeli  ( Mika singing Yo Yo )

YouTube

Mika : « Je vais sortir trois albums dont un en français » - interview RFM

Mika était en interview dans le 16/20 RFM de Pat Angeli et Marie-Pierre Schembri à l'occasion de la sortie de son single "Yo yo" qu'il chante en live !

FACEBOOK ( with English subtitles )

🔴 MIKA est en interview dans le 16/20 RFM de Pat Angeli et Marie Pierre Schembrii à l'occasion de la sortie de son single #YoYo !

https://fb.watch/dnk28_FO8P/

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeRR4pRIYBY/

285495404_434536565171172_3890965282881280943_n.thumb.jpg.9259af4269b4db7fae5a015adab76f8e.jpg

285361197_1557504454647630_3380778755043158660_n.thumb.jpg.882627ea0e143e0b50a067059c2fd30c.jpg

285127116_994838888068846_4621592685875866085_n.thumb.jpg.5d47caade3908cd007b1cac04a95c54c.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So next week Mika will be in the desert recording tribal music. 

I think I understand what he means about the relationship between judges on The Voice being sort of like an episode of " Friends". On X Factor Italy you could tell he was having fun  with his co-judges, especially during auditions. ( Boy I'm glad there are English subtitles for the RFM video.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SusanT said:

Boy I'm glad there are English subtitles for the RFM video.)

there are? Where?  I don't see any. :dunno:

I watched the interview now but I guess I'm out of practice at listening to French, it's frustrating how little I understand. :rolleyes: 

9 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

@mellody

Please click [ CC ] button, and choose the language.

1781044359_Screenshot2022-06-02at05-53-48(20)WatchFacebook.thumb.png.5cdd0bc4a8c16d6de432029371f3209b.png

The CC button is greyed out for me in that video, and it says "subtitles / closed captions unavailable". :dunno: Maybe it's only for some countries. Guess it's not a setting in YT, because usually that button works for me (for example with the Subs Team videos), not sure why it doesn't in this video.