MIKA to Co-Host Eurovision 2022

dcdeb

On 5/11/2022 at 6:51 PM, Prisca said:

My photos and videos from yesterday's family show. :original:

I'm sorry for the bluriness, I didn't know this phone is also so bad when it comes to film things far away. :rolleyes:

1st video: countdown

2nd video: entering of the hosts

3rd video: the kisses

4th video: Mika's speech

5th video: almost the end of the performance of the contestants (speech before Austria)

6th video: the coin

7th video: the lines are open

8th video: Mika practicing the Raffaella Carrà dance? :teehee:

9th video: Dedication to Raffaella Carrà

10th video: Stop voting and Diodato

11th video: When you interview someone who isn't there. :lmfao:

12th video: When you interview someone who isn't there, well at least they were in two. :lmfao:

13th video: The anouncement of the finalists (of course it's a fake, they couldn't know that in the afternoon)

20220510_140207.jpg

20220510_140313.jpg

20220510_144114.jpg

20220510_144118.jpg

20220510_144933.jpg

20220510_144948.jpg

20220510_145936.jpg

If interested, I posted more videos at the Eurovision reports/pics/videos thread :original::

Just saw in Laura Pausini's stories that she has tested positive for Covid and hasn't been feeling well since Saturday, so that's why she was missing for a while during the final. I hope Mika and his family / team are well. As Mika just had it a few weeks ago, I suppose that might've prevented him from catching it, or at least I hope so.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Just saw in Laura Pausini's stories that she has tested positive for Covid and hasn't been feeling well since Saturday, so that's why she was missing for a while during the final. I hope Mika and his family / team are well. As Mika just had it a few weeks ago, I suppose that might've prevented him from catching it, or at least I hope so.

@mellody yes me too 

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Yes. First they said she had a blood pressure problems - very low - which could be possible. The amount of work they all made. Mika was half dead because didn't sleep enough. Ale was falling asleep during rehearsals (see my post above from esc_news_)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Hopefully he's fine :pray: 

3 hours ago, mellody said:

As Mika just had it a few weeks ago, I suppose that might've prevented him from catching it, or at least I hope so.

Brian Adams got covid twice on the same month... I really hope Mika is fine. I guess we'll know for sure on Saturday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, krysady said:

Brian Adams got covid twice on the same month... I really hope Mika is fine. I guess we'll know for sure on Saturday.

So far he looks like he's doing well. :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

I don't think this video has been posted. It's a video from Samya Hafsaoui who was reporting from the backstage for Eurovision on YouTube.

It's really a huge logistic thing to organize the decor changes for Mika.

Here we can hear all the sounds we don't hear on TV.

How the heart arrives on the stage?

And we can see how high Mika was on his tiny platform!!!!!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 5

Just now, MatanBenYosef224 said:

Not sure if someone asked it before me, but still: did Mika performed live? was it a playback? I just can't figure it out :confused: 

You are not the only one who asked this question.

But why do you think so?

For sure the music was on playback - as it was not the standard version of Mika's songs but about one minute of each one with the back vocals - what Mika uses during his concerts. Actually he can make a concert alone just using pre-registred background music and voices.

We discussed it as well during the last MFC Insta Live.

We don't think Mika would even have accepted to make the lip sync. He always sings live.

As Deb explained (I didn't know about it) for the huge TV shows like this the music is recorded during rehearsals just in case of technical problems. The rehearsal tracks have even been posted here on the thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, silver said:

He was singing to a backing track, but there were little variations in pitch/phrasing that would confirm he was singing live.

I think you can hear his live singing voice more clearly if you listen with earphones

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

You are not the only one who asked this question.

But why do you think so?

For sure the music was on playback - as it was not the standard version of Mika's songs but about one minute of each one with the back vocals - what Mika uses during his concerts. Actually he can make a concert alone just using pre-registred background music and voices.

We discussed it as well during the last MFC Insta Live.

We don't think Mika would even have accepted to make the lip sync. He always sings live.

As Deb explained (I didn't know about it) for the huge TV shows like this the music is recorded during rehearsals just in case of technical problems. The rehearsal tracks have even been posted here on the thread.

Oh, I Was Just curious! He was so flawless and the performance went so well, that I was thinking to myself If maybe any of if is a playback. (For the music - yes, i'm sure it was playback and same goes for the backing vocal tracks). I know MIKA does great live shows but I Wasn't sure how this kind of stuff is happening in such large event like eurovision. I Was 100% sure he was live but still wanted to make sure! 

• Like 1

Too late to post :doh:

BBC News

Eurovision Song Contest - BBC News

4:13 15 May

Meet the presenters

• Mark Savage
  • Music correspondent, BBC News

We have three hosts, who will be providing a bit of entertainment as they introduce the performers - plus those all-important scores.

They are:

Laura Pausini – one of Italy’s biggest stars, Laura has sold more than 75 million records, won multiple Grammy Awards and even been nominated for an Oscar.

Alessandro Cattelan – the host of Italy’s X Factor and, more importantly, the voice of Max in the Italian dub of The Secret Life Of Pets.

Mika – International pop sensation Mika, whose first single Grace Kelly was a UK number one in 2007. Still a huge star in mainland Europe, he’s also a judge/mentor on the French version of The Voice and Italy’s X Factor.

Article share tools

BBC-NEWS-Eurovision.jpg.c978556600aa4bc668801f855e5b50ac.jpg

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd2_-mFqLiP/

miramikatistudio

Eurovision had so many highlights this year – from Ukraine’s victory to Sam Ryder topping the jury vote. Our favourite performance of the night though goes to Mika’s medley. Fresh from Coachella, he was back on the stage in our custom hand-painted designs. What a  #Mikaxmira
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Credits :
Instagram: @CapturedbyCorinne / @HotDog_Studios
Twitter: @Corinnedindin / @HotDog_Studios

282654341_169612655459443_4401538777012312801_n.jpg

283071385_1061891728096086_4758726845005243702_n.jpg

282548970_170925282039259_7892183977774448803_n.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MatanBenYosef224 said:

Oh, I Was Just curious! He was so flawless and the performance went so well, that I was thinking to myself If maybe any of if is a playback. (For the music - yes, i'm sure it was playback and same goes for the backing vocal tracks). I know MIKA does great live shows but I Wasn't sure how this kind of stuff is happening in such large event like eurovision. I Was 100% sure he was live but still wanted to make sure! 

I found another video from Mika's performance. :lol3:

Here we can clearly heart that Mika is singing live - especially at Happy Ending - he is changing registers and singing different lines of the harmony. 

Every time I watch this performance I am speechless!

And in Domenica In he was telling that when he was asked by the production team how he would like to make this show he said: let's make a huge inflated hear. How big? About 11 meters. And then the gospel choir arrives. And then there are flags. Let's put a flag on every seat in the venue. And let's make people wave flags together.

And the production thought: No! What have we done!!!!!!!!!!! Who let that guy in????

They had 7600 flags in the whole venue!!!! Mika wanted to keep at least one flag to take it home. But all of them have been distributed.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I found another video from Mika's performance. :lol3:

Here we can clearly hear that Mika is singing live - especially at Happy Ending - he is changing registers and singing different lines of the harmony. 

Every time I watch this performance I am speechless!

And in Domenica In he was telling that when he was asked by the production team how he would like to make this show he said: let's make a huge inflated hear. How big? About 11 meters. And then the gospel choir arrives. And then there are flags. Let's put a flag on every seat in the venue. And let's make people wave flags together.

And the production thought: No! What have we done!!!!!!!!!!! Who let that guy in????

They had 7600 flags in the whole venue!!!! Mika wanted to keep at least one flag to take it home. But all of them have been distributed.

Interesting to watch the performance from another angle. I guess in another show the huge M will be visible 

• Like 2