MIKA to Co-Host Eurovision 2022

dcdeb

I've just finished watching the finals of Eurovision Poland.

The winner is Krystian Ochman. His grandfather is  a very well knows opera singer Wieslaw Ochman. 

Krystian was born in USA so he speaks English very well and he has this classical touch in his voice.

I wonder if Mika will pay attention to him. After Mika's cooperation with Jakub Jozef Orlinski it would be great to see another Polish singer working with him!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hero said:
On 2/6/2022 at 10:37 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

do I dare start controversy and say that I find ABBA songs really annoying? 🤔

I do, I do, I do, I do, I do, I do....

:naughty:

21 minutes ago, Hero said:

:hi5: :clap:

I don't know if you're agreeing with me or praising my honesty 😅

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I don't know if you're agreeing with me or praising my honesty 

Both! :yes:  There's a couple that I like for personal reasons, but mostly I find their songs boring, very samey and usually quite empty. There's no bite, no depth. :no:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hero said:

but mostly I find their songs boring, very samey and usually quite empty. There's no bite, no depth. :no:

This is how I feel with their music too. A lot just sounds the same. I think Dancing Queen is a great party song but that's as far as I go for even considering their music. 

On 2/6/2022 at 11:37 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

(do I dare start controversy and say that I find ABBA songs really annoying? 🤔, sorry not sorry 😆)

16 hours ago, Hero said:

:hi5: :clap:

15 hours ago, Hero said:

Both! :yes:  There's a couple that I like for personal reasons, but mostly I find their songs boring, very samey and usually quite empty. There's no bite, no depth. :no:

4 hours ago, Mikasister said:

@TinyLove_CJ @Hero I like Abba's songs :pinkbow:

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

ABBA are awesome! :fangurl: Their best of CD is one of the few besides Mika's music that I listen to on repeat on the car stereo.

Congratulations CJ, you did it! :clap:

:teehee:

• Haha 3

I am from ABBA generation. So I love their songs too. And even at that time lyrics were impossible for me to understand there is something more in music in general: vibes, something inexplicable. You like it or not. I like it. I like harmonies in their voices, I like the sound. Even if I don't listen to ABBA music on daily basis, when I hear them in the radio I start to sing and dance. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am from ABBA generation. So I love their songs too. And even at that time lyrics were impossible for me to understand there is something more in music in general: vibes, something inexplicable. You like it or not. I like it. I like harmonies in their voices, I like the sound. Even if I don't listen to ABBA music on daily basis, when I hear them in the radio I start to sing and dance. 

I’m from the Backstreet Boys generation. Being from the ABBA generation is much more admirable :lol3:

• Haha 5

I started with the ABBA theme, then I guess I should also give my opinion. :teehee:

I said that no one will say that ABBA can't sing. And nobody has so far. Annoying, boring or whatever, doesn't mean they can't sing. :biggrin2:

I'm not lyric-driven in songs, but melody-driven, vibe-driven. Which is very dangerous, because I like songs and then at some point I sometimes get the idea to listen to the lyrics and then I think: Oh God, you shouldn't like this song. :facepalm:

Mika had often said at the beginning of his career that his songs were rejected because the lyrics were too difficult. And that he would make life difficult for himself by making songs that are so difficult, because many people like simple songs with simple lyrics that catch the ear quickly. Maybe also a reason why ABBA had more success than Mika. :dunno_grin:But I guess that's Mika, he likes songs that are lyrically challenging. And that's good, that's him. :original:

I can't say much about the ABBA songs (you might guess why)  because I know many songs from the melody but don't know the lyrics (apart from parts of the choruses). But I usually like their songs because they spread good humour. And yes, I think many songs sound similar: but in a way that's also good: you know immediately that it's ABBA. :dunno_grin:

• Like 5

As far as Abba their songs sounds happy. I never bothered about the lyrics . I can't say I listen to them but if they pop up I don't mind unlike some songs of the 80 or 90 I can't stand...but I find myself playing Bowie's songs  but I wouldn't go and look for Abba's on youtube...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

Congratulations CJ, you did it! :clap:

Oh no what have I done?! :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

Annoying, boring or whatever, doesn't mean they can't sing. :biggrin2:

Yes, I agree with this. Just because I don't like ABBA, I can't deny that they are good singers. And their international success is proof of that. It's just that I'm not into any of their songs really. I think for me it's a mixture of not getting the lyrics and also the melody is a little samey between songs.

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

I'm not lyric-driven in songs, but melody-driven, vibe-driven. Which is very dangerous, because I like songs and then at some point I sometimes get the idea to listen to the lyrics and then I think: Oh God, you shouldn't like this song. :facepalm:

I'm lyric and melody driven but sometimes it can go either way with a song. I understand what you mean about realising song lyrics long after listening to a song. Some of Lily Allen's and Rihanna's music only clicked with me ages afterward :facepalm:

49 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I can't say I listen to them but if they pop up I don't mind unlike

I don't mind if ABBA come up on the TV or radio, it's not like I'd purposely turn them off. I Have a Dream is one I don't mind playing, but for personal reasons.

50 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

but I find myself playing Bowie's

Mika fan and Bowie fan?! You clearly have good taste! 😁

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Oh no what have I done?! :facepalm:

Yes, I agree with this. Just because I don't like ABBA, I can't deny that they are good singers. And their international success is proof of that. It's just that I'm not into any of their songs really. I think for me it's a mixture of not getting the lyrics and also the melody is a little samey between songs.

I'm lyric and melody driven but sometimes it can go either way with a song. I understand what you mean about realising song lyrics long after listening to a song. Some of Lily Allen's and Rihanna's music only clicked with me ages afterward :facepalm:

I don't mind if ABBA come up on the TV or radio, it's not like I'd purposely turn them off. I Have a Dream is one I don't mind playing, but for personal reasons.

Mika fan and Bowie fan?! You clearly have good taste! 😁

More of a Mika fan but I do love Bowie too :thumb_yello:They are both fantastic artists :wub2:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca7Cp7Mth49/

torino.magazine

Ecco i protagonisti della copertina del nuovo numero di Torino Magazine Primavera 2022, in tutte le edicole da fine mese!

Un trio incredibile per un evento imperdibile: l'Eurovision Song Contest 2022, a Torino dal 10 al 14 maggio 🎶

Vuoi diventare anche tu uno dei protagonisti delle nostre pagine?
Contattaci 👉 info@torinomagazine.it

#torinomagazine #eurovision #eurovision2022 #eurovisionsongcontest #eurovisionsongcontest2022 #copertinarivista #conduttori #mika #laurapausini #alessandrocattelan #eurovisiontorino #eurovisiontorino2022 #torino

275587780_657883925487277_1111738989164273821_n.jpg

• Like 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbAPqzINQJX/

torino.magazine

Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - Scheda conduttore 📝

Nome: Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr, in arte @mikainstagram
Nato a: Beirut, il 18 agosto 1983
Nazionalità: Libano, naturalizzato britannico
Professione: cantante e showman con l'x-factor
Segno zodiacale: Leone
Una canzone: Relax, Take It Easy
Una citazione: I could be brown, I could be blue. I could be violet sky. I could be hurtful. I could be purple. I could be anything you like (rigorosamente cantata in un maccheronico inglese)
Segni particolari: perdutamente innamorato dell'Italia
Quel che non sapevi: ama il circo, colleziona giocattoli e ha una passione per i Tamagotchi
Carriera: notato su MySpace da un discografico, gli viene offerto un contratto e la pubblicazione del primo singolo Grace Kelly, con il quale conquista il primo posto nella hit parade di tantissimi paesi. Un'ascesa al successo che inizia nel 2007 e prosegue a livello planetario. In Italia è stato giudice di X-Factor
Nel suo futuro: la conduzione dell'Eurovision Song Contest 2022, una scelta perfetta in quanto pop star internazionale, conosciuto e apprezzato da un pubblico eterogeneo

Restiamo in trepidante attesa del suo debutto sul palco di Torino dell'Eurovision! 🎼

#torinomagazine #eurovision #eurovision2022 #eurovisionsongcontest #eurovisionsongcontest2022 #eurovisiontorino #eurovisiontorino2022 #conduttore #mika #cantante #popstar #popstarinternazionale #internationalpopstar #copertinatorinomagazine #torino #comingsoon

275581245_357792079556696_7466855354052487128_n.jpg

• Like 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbH4w_gsjaP/

radio27baldini

Eurovision 2022 sarà dedicato alla pace, l'Ucraina conferma la presenza con i @kalush.official
L'annuncio ufficiale della kermesse canora che si terrà a Torino dal 10 al 14 maggio.
Laura Pausini, Alessandro Cattelan e Mika saranno i conduttori di questa nuova edizione.
@eurovision
#laurapausini #laurapausiniofficial #laurapausiniworldtour #alessandrocattelan #mika #eurovision #eurovision2022 #songcontest #song #contest #music #musicshow #peacenotwar #peace #musica #musiccontest #torino

275951942_2164305610389204_2522478598043185892_n.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 12:06 AM, Prisca said:

I wonder when ticket sales will start? smilie_denk_14.gif

It was once said after "San Remo". That was over a month ago. Did I miss the ticket launch? :dunno_grin:

"The date of sale will be announced in the coming days": https://www.torinoggi.it/2022/03/14/mobile/leggi-notizia/argomenti/attualita-8/articolo/eurovision-song-contest-domani-al-via-cantiere-al-palaolimpico-duetto-mika-pausini.html 

On 3/13/2022 at 10:28 PM, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbAPqzINQJX/

torino.magazine

Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - Scheda conduttore 📝

Nome: Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr, in arte @mikainstagram
Nato a: Beirut, il 18 agosto 1983
Nazionalità: Libano, naturalizzato britannico
Professione: cantante e showman con l'x-factor
Segno zodiacale: Leone
Una canzone: Relax, Take It Easy
Una citazione: I could be brown, I could be blue. I could be violet sky. I could be hurtful. I could be purple. I could be anything you like (rigorosamente cantata in un maccheronico inglese)
Segni particolari: perdutamente innamorato dell'Italia
Quel che non sapevi: ama il circo, colleziona giocattoli e ha una passione per i Tamagotchi
Carriera: notato su MySpace da un discografico, gli viene offerto un contratto e la pubblicazione del primo singolo Grace Kelly, con il quale conquista il primo posto nella hit parade di tantissimi paesi. Un'ascesa al successo che inizia nel 2007 e prosegue a livello planetario. In Italia è stato giudice di X-Factor
Nel suo futuro: la conduzione dell'Eurovision Song Contest 2022, una scelta perfetta in quanto pop star internazionale, conosciuto e apprezzato da un pubblico eterogeneo

Restiamo in trepidante attesa del suo debutto sul palco di Torino dell'Eurovision! 🎼

#torinomagazine #eurovision #eurovision2022 #eurovisionsongcontest #eurovisionsongcontest2022 #eurovisiontorino #eurovisiontorino2022 #conduttore #mika #cantante #popstar #popstarinternazionale #internationalpopstar #copertinatorinomagazine #torino #comingsoon

275581245_357792079556696_7466855354052487128_n.jpg

He collects toys and has a passion for Tamagotchi? Seems they're stuck in 2007. :teehee: Besides, it was toy theatres, not toys. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbLhdDYJb0C/

logotv

It's almost #Eurovision season! 😍 The @eurovision Song Contest is coming up in May, and one of the icons serving as master of ceremonies is none other than @mikainstagram. #MIKA, who told Eurovision that he's been "watching it since [he] was a kid," says it's "an exciting honor" to be selected as a co-host. "Once a year, more than 40 countries share the same emotions, regardless of history or the political situation: music unites them," he explained. The #GraceKelly singer and queer music legend will host alongside Italian artist #LauraPausini and TV host #AlessandroCattelan. The #Eurovision2022 semi-finals are set for May 10 and 12, with the Grand Finale taking place on May 14. Who are you rooting for?

275839636_1558145731219862_8809715378577595090_n.jpg

• Like 3

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbTCiDYLW9r/

escitalia

L'Eurovision 2022, Alessandro Cattelan, Laura Pausini e tanto altro. Ma Mika, a La Repubblica, annuncia anche una performance da ricordare...

Leggi di più sul nostro sito Eurofestival.News (link diretto nelle nostre storie e in bio)

#eurovision #escita #eurofestival #eurovisionsongcontest #eurovision2022 #esc #esc2022 #torino #turin #palaolimpico #mika #cattelan #pausini #repubblica #performance #cantante #artista #palco @mikainstagram

276037905_169022182126922_2649161357090634568_n.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets available from April 7th ! :thumb_yello:

ticketone

https://www.ticketone.it/en/artist/eurovision-song-contest/

Eurovision Song Contest

The Eurovision Song Contest is organized by the EBU (European Broadcasting Union), the world's foremost alliance of Public Service Media. RAI is the Host Broadcaster of the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 that will take place in Turin on May 10, 12 and 14 and will be hosted by three fantastic presenters: Laura Pausini, Alessandro Cattelan and Mika.

Tickets available from April 7th!

The Eurovision Song Contest is the world's biggest live music event - reaching nearly 200 million viewers. It is a music competition among 40 acts representing 40 countries. In the 1st Semi-Final 17 countries will compete for a place in the Grand Final: Albania, Latvia, Switzerland, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Moldova, Ukraine, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Denmark, Armenia, Austria, Croatia, Iceland and Greece. In the 2nd Semi-Final you will see 18 countries: Australia, Georgia, Cyprus, Serbia, Finland, Azerbaijan, San Marino, Israel, Malta, Montenegro, Romania, Czech Republic, Poland, Belgium North Macedonia, Sweden, Estonia and Ireland. In the Grand Final, 25 countries will compete in the Saturday Show of Eurovision Song Contest 2022: the acts from France, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain and Germany are already qualified for the Grand Final. Only one will raise the trophy one year after Måneskin triumph in Rotterdam.

LIVE SHOWS: Eurovision Song Contest Broadcasted Live Shows are in program Tuesday May 10th, Thursday May 12th and Saturday May 14th @2100.

JURY SHOW: 24 hours before each Live Shows, a complete Dress Rehearsal takes place: the Juries vote after this Dress Rehearsal, that's why this the night before show is called «Jury Show»

FAMILY SHOW: In the afternoon before the shows, a last Dress Rehearsal takes place on Tuesday. Thursday and Saturday: such shows are traditionally affordable, and families with children take their chance to watch a complete Eurovision Show. This is why the afternoon shows are called «Family Shows».

eurovision-biglietti.thumb.jpg.99fb44a33a5c1b2bf4125c68f26fdb73.jpg

• Like 1