MIKA to Co-Host Eurovision 2022

dcdeb

"The opening of the semi-finals and final of #Eurovision2022.
A performance of drones and 40 dancers, Alessandro Cattelan's sketch about Italian stereotypes and a Laura Pausini medley in 5 different languages. Mika will launch his new single."

"During the [ESC] final Mika will do a medley of his own songs and will take the opportunity to launch his new single worldwide. His will be a performance within a performance." 

(Let me know if you want me to translate the whole text in the picture)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, virgi said:

"The opening of the semi-finals and final of #Eurovision2022.
A performance of drones and 40 dancers, Alessandro Cattelan's sketch about Italian stereotypes and a Laura Pausini medley in 5 different languages. Mika will launch his new single."

"During the [ESC] final Mika will do a medley of his own songs and will take the opportunity to launch his new single worldwide. His will be a performance within a performance." 

(Let me know if you want me to translate the whole text in the picture)

Thanks! I've moved this to the Eurovision thread. :thumb_yello:

Here's another Tweet about it.

The info is in La Stampa, so I assume it's accurate.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

:doh: Too late to post it !

Rai Official magazine

Radiocorriere TV N.06

https://www.rai.it/dl/doc/1644234063059_RDTV-6-US.pdf

1644233997664_cop-6-us.jpg

page 20 + 21

☛ PDF file ( 380 KB )

2022.02_RADIOCORRIERETV N.06_Rei TV Sanremo-page20+21.pdf

CHE SHOW CON LAURA, ALESSANDRO E MIKA

Annunciati sul palco del Festival di Sanremo i nomi dei conduttori dell’Eurovision Song Contest,
che si terrà a Torino il 10, il 12 e il 14 maggio, in diretta su Rai1 e nel mondo

Mancava solo l’ufficialità del palco dell’Ariston, ed è arrivata. Laura Pausini, Alessandro Cattelan e Mika saranno i padroni di casa del più grande evento musicale del mondo. Il palcoscenico sarà quello del Pala Olimpico di Torino, le telecamere quelle di Rai1, in diretta il 10, il 12 e il 14 maggio in 41 Paesi e oltre.

Il countdown è dunque partito e l’attesa cresce giorno dopo giorno.

“Sono felice che l’Eurovision sia finalmente tornato in Italia e onorata di condurre un evento così importante, insieme ai miei amici Ale e Mika – commenta Laura Pausini – insieme vogliamo mostrare all’Europa e al mondo quanto la nostra sia una terra straordinaria.

Il mio 2022 è iniziato con nuova musica ed è l’inizio di un anno di grandi appuntamenti. Voglio affrontare l’Eurovision con la stessa carica che mi ha accompagnato in questi quasi trent’anni di carriera. Noi ci siamo, e siamo pronti… Anzi, non vediamo l’ora!”. “È un onore essere stato chiamato a condurre ESC 2022, è uno degli show più seguiti e noti al mondo e quest’anno organizzarlo in Italia rappresenta una grandissima opportunità e un evento storico per il nostro
Paese – prosegue Cattelan - conosco Laura Pausini e Mika da tempo, abbiamo già lavorato insieme e ci siamo sempre divertiti tantissimo. Sono sicuro che sarà così anche questa volta”.

Grande entusiasmo anche da parte di Mika:

“Più che mai, credo nell’importanza di una comunità internazionale, nei nostri valori comuni. Credo nell’unione dei popoli, nell’abolizione dei muri per celebrare le nostre somiglianze, quanto le nostre differenze. Possiamo farlo grazie alla musica, che è la forma di espressione universale. L’Eurovision è tutto ciò e molto di più! Lo guardo da quando ero bambino, tutta la famiglia si riuniva per la finale. Una volta all’anno, quarantuno Paesi sono attraversati dalle stesse emozioni: a prescindere dalla storia, la situazione politica, la musica li riunisce. È un onore e un’emozione essere uno dei maestri di cerimonia di queste serate fantastiche”.

L’Eurovision Song Contest, giunto alla 66esima edizione, nacque a Lugano nel 1956 per volere dell’Unione Europea di Radiodiffusione, organizzazione che associa radio e televisioni pubbliche e private nel Vecchio Continente e nel mondo. Con il trionfo dei Maneskin dello scorso anno l’Italia conta tre vittorie all’Eurovision, le precedenti a opera di Gigliola Cinquetti e di Toto Cutugno.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

WHAT A SHOW WITH LAURA, ALESSANDRO AND MIKA

The names of the conductors of the Eurovision Song Contest announced on the stage of the Sanremo Festival,
to be held in Turin on 10, 12 and 14 May, live on Rai1 and around the world

Only the official status of the Ariston stage was missing, and it has arrived. Laura Pausini, Alessandro Cattelan and Mika will be the hosts of the biggest musical event in the world. The stage will be that of the Pala Olimpico in Turin, the cameras will be those of Rai1, live on 10, 12 and 14 May in 41 countries and beyond.

The countdown has therefore started and the expectation grows day by day.

"I am happy that Eurovision is finally back in Italy and honored to lead such an important event, together with my friends Ale and Mika - comments Laura Pausini - together we want to show Europe and the world how much ours is a land extraordinary.

My 2022 began with new music and is the beginning of a year of great appointments. I want to face Eurovision with the same position that has accompanied me in these almost thirty years of career. We are there, and we are ready ... Indeed, we can't wait! ". "It is an honor to have been called to host ESC 2022, it is one of the most followed and well-known shows in the world and this year organizing it in Italy represents a great opportunity and a historic event for our Country - continues Cattelan - I have known Laura Pausini and Mika for some time, we have already worked together and we have always had a lot of fun. I'm sure it will be like this again ”.

Great enthusiasm also on the part of Mika:

"More than ever, I believe in the importance of an international community, in our common values. I believe in the union of peoples, in the abolition of walls to celebrate our similarities as much as ours
differences. We can do this thanks to music, which is the universal form of expression. Eurovision is all of this and much more more! I've watched it since I was a kid, the whole family got together for the final. Once a year, forty-one countries are crossed by the same emotions: regardless of history, political situation, music brings them together. It is an honor and a motion to be one of the masters of ceremony of these fantastic evenings ".

The Eurovision Song Contest, now in its 66th edition, was born in Lugano in 1956 at the behest of the Union European Broadcasting Organization, an organization that associates public and private radio and television stations in the Old Continent and in world. With the Maneskin triumph last year, Italy counts three victories at Eurovision, the previous ones by Giglio la Cinquetti and Toto Cutugno.

1438195847_2022.02_RADIOCORRIERETVN.06_ReiTVSanremo-page2021_page-0001.thumb.jpg.6257307fbbc8e6fc4a9b904be99ea416.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Screenshot_20220429-195731.png

I'm really surprised to see the song Lost and Found in the playlist because it's a Czech song and I don't know where Mika could hear it... :lmfao:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I'm really surprised to see the song Lost and Found in the playlist because it's a Czech song and I don't know where Mika could hear it... :lmfao:

:lol:  I don't know this song.

I can only imagine Mika was looking for songs from different European countries and it looks like this song was presented on Europe Day in 2018. But with Mika you never know :das:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc-GMHrNCei/

eurofestival.italia

Tutti gli opening e interval act dei tre show di questo Eurovision 2022: nel nostro articolo, sul nostro sito, il remind di quello che vedremo ❤️
Link in bio.

Eurofestival Italia…l’informazione eurovisiva italiana! 🇮🇹

#eurovision #eurovision2022 #ESCita #diodato #ilvolo #laurapausini #alessandrocattelan #mika

279409824_706009270846031_6436263640192589256_n.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc-GMHrNCei/

eurofestival.italia

Tutti gli opening e interval act dei tre show di questo Eurovision 2022: nel nostro articolo, sul nostro sito, il remind di quello che vedremo ❤️
Link in bio.

Eurofestival Italia…l’informazione eurovisiva italiana! 🇮🇹

#eurovision #eurovision2022 #ESCita #diodato #ilvolo #laurapausini #alessandrocattelan #mika

279409824_706009270846031_6436263640192589256_n.jpg

Translation:

All opening and interval acts of the three shows

10th May - Frist semifinal 

Opening act 

The opening act of the First Semi-Final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 will start from a workshop of inventors, as a tribute to Italian genius and universal genius. There will be a reference to Geppetto, Pinocchio's father, who brought a piece of wood to life, and to Leonardo da Vinci, a multifaceted artist and inventor, who suggested the construction of flying machines as early as the Renaissance. 

Interval act - The dance of beauty and Diodato

The guests of the First Semifinal will be Dardust and Diodato.
Dardust, together with Benny Benassi, Sophie and the Giants and Sylvia Catasta will guide us on a journey through Italian dance music, from the 70s to today, transforming the PalaOlimpico into a big club.

Then Diodato will perform his song 'Fai rumore', with which he won the 70th Sanremo Festival and was supposed to represent Italy at Eurovision 2020, cancelled due to Covid-19. "Fai rumore" became one of 2020 spring anthems; in May 2020, during Europe Shine a Light, Diodato performed the song in a completely empty Arena di Verona.

12th May - Second semifinal 

Opening act - The Italian Way

The second semifinal will open with Alessandro Cattelan, who will introduce us to the art of getting by, a universal know-how that our compatriots have developed in a unique and special way. The Italian Way will be presented to the spectators through a journey that will end on the PalaOlimpico stage with a choreography that will surprise everyone. 

Interval act - The Italian gestures, Laura Pausini and Mika, Il Volo

The Italian gestures will be a lesson to the European audience of the Italian language through a tutorial inspired by some popular video games. The inspiration for the performance comes the Italian artist, designer and inventor Bruno Munari who published in 1958, exactly in Turin, his "Supplemento al dizionario italiano", a volume showing the many ways Italians use to express themselves through our gestures. 

Laura Pausini and Mika will perform together in a prestigious duet. The world of Laura Pausini and the world of Mika will join on the stage of the PalaOlimpico like two planets orbiting together in a new harmony.

Then Il Volo will perform "Grande amore", thanks to which they won the 2015 Sanremo Festival and got the second place at the Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna.

14th May - Grand Final

Opening act - The Sound of Peace, Laura Pausini, Alessandro Cattelan, Mika

The opening act of the Grand Final, entitled The Sound of Peace, will showcase the power of music to evoke peace, the musicians Rockin' 1000, first in the streets of Turin and then on stage at the Pala Olimpico, will transform their bodies into a giant sounding board to perform John Lennon and Yoko Ono's hymn to peace 'Imagine'. Finally, on stage, Laura Pausini, Alessandro Cattelan and Mika will ideally join the European and Australian audience in a prayer for peace.

Interval act - Laura Pausini, Maneskin, Mika, Gigliola Cinquetti
Laura Pausini will present a journey through music in a great show that will start from her debut at the Sanremo Festival to her latest single "Scatola", singing in five languages. The performance will be enhanced by the full potential of the majestic PalaOlimpico stage. Laura will be surrounded by her band and choristers, led by Paolo Carta, and by dancers and performers directed by the choreographer Laccio.

One of the  traditions of the Eurovision Song Contest is that the champions are among the stars of the next edition. Måneskin will confirm this tradition by performing 'Zitti e buoni' on stage. 

Mika will do a very special performance, taking the audience on a journey that will thrill viewers both at home and in the Arena. Mika's worldwide hits will be the focus of the performance, along with a world premiere of his new single. The performance will be full of surprises.

Gigliola Cinquetti, in 1964, helped Italy win its first Eurovision Song Contest with 'Non ho l'età'. In 1974, she returned to the Eurovision Song Contest in Brighton, with the song 'Sì', finishing in second place behind ABBA. In 1991 she conducted the Eurovision Song Contest together with Toto Cutugno. In Turin he will once again present his first hit to the Eurovision audience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc-VBTkIuSK/

programmirai

-20 giorni alla grande finale dell'Eurovision Song Contest 2022!

Le due semifinali si svolgeranno il 10 e il 12 maggio e la Finale il 14 Maggio 🎶

A condurre le tre serate sono Laura Pausini, Alessandro Cattelan e Mika e lo si potrà seguire in diretta su Rai 1, in Streaming su Rai Play e in Radio su Rai Radio 2 🌟

#ProgrammiRai #ESC2022 #EurovisionSongContest #Rai1 #RaiPlay #RaiRadio2
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Taky jsem na to hledela😀, ale potěšilo me to... Doted jsem vůbec nevěděla , ze Emma Smetana je i zpevacka, takze pro me zase jedna novinka😁

• Like 2

Live Blog of the first day of rehearsals - no word about Mika or the other hosts yet. https://eurovision.tv/live-blog-saturday-30-april ... but there are a few pix of what the venue looks like.

About the playlist, I didn't get to listen yet, I know a few songs and artists, but most of them not. Dragostea din tei is cool, love that song! And after looking up where all the artists come from, I actually was happy to see that he didn't ignore Germany this time! :naughty: I had heard the band name Purple Disco Machine, but had no clue they're German. :biggrin2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eurovision Media Handbook

https://dihtc5a8ik7gk.cloudfront.net/uploads/s95ae61URB5rsQxCR1MktQ2cxPHUlQuOXwhQ0LlG.pdf

Pages of Mika

PDF file ( 4.6 M ) :arrow:Eurovision 2022 Media Handbook_MIKA.pdf

The Hosts of Beauty

581882893_Eurovision2022MediaHandbook_MIKA_page-0001.thumb.jpg.c35e246ef6b2e19af62e3d31bcac560d.jpg

Mika

Since his 2007 debut with Grace Kelly, Mika has made freedom from barriers of any artistic genre or geographical or social boundary one of the key facets of his eclectic artistic journey, becoming a world-famous pop star in an extremely short space of time. Singer-songwriter, theatrical TV and radio entertainer, designer, illustrator and above all an irresistible live performer, Mika has just started a tour that is taking his music to the world’s most prestigious venues. The first leg in North America has just been completed with two shows at the Coachella Festival, and his recently announced Italian tour with two different shows in each of the five cities to highlight his more intimate and more spectacular sides: two forms of expression specially designed for his Italian audience.

“More than ever I believe in the importance of an international community, in our common values. I believe in the union of people, in breaking down the walls to celebrate our similarities as much as our differences. We can do it thanks to music, which is the most universal form of expression. Eurovision is this and so much more! I’ve been watching it since I was a kid, the whole family would reunite for the finale. Once a year, about forty countries live the same emotions, regardless of History, the political situation: music reunites them. It’s an exciting honour to be one of the masters of ceremony of these fantastic nights.”

2121182584_Eurovision2022MediaHandbook_MIKA_page-0002.thumb.jpg.dec05aaf00cd7baa034025fd851e53ef.jpg

2069747775_Eurovision2022MediaHandbook_MIKA_page-0003..jpg.280633c7e67b64952c78101a52d8d93a.jpg

Second Semi-Final

The second Semi-Final will be opened by Alessandro Cattelan, who will introduce us to the Italian art of getting by. Later in the evening, we will try to teach our audience all over Europe and Australia how to speak Italian even if they do not one single word, by taking inspiration from Bruno Munari’s Supplemento al dizionario italiano (or Supplement to the Italian Dictionary).

Gianluca Ginoble, Ignazio Boschetto and Piero Barone, the operatic pop trio Il Volo, will surprise the Eurovision audience eight years after Vienna.

Finally, in a world premiere, the unprecedented and long-awaited duet between our international stars Laura Pausini and Mika will be unveiled

200168138_Eurovision2022MediaHandbook_MIKA_page-0003.thumb.jpg.4a6ff69d598a77732d09fc99cc089c6f.jpg

Grand Final

The Grand Final opening sequence will stage the power of music to evoke peace, featuring the Rockin’ 1000 is a group of rock musicians primarily from Italy, which is made up of a thousand musicians playing and singing all together. Laura Pausini will recall her long-lasting career through a medley of her greatest hits, by presenting her life journey through music in a great show that starts from her debut at Sanremo Festival and ends with her last single Scatola. Straight from Los Angeles, California, where they are currently recording their latest album and getting ready for their upcoming sold-out world tour. After a year of resounding success, Måneskin will shine once again on the Eurovision stage, which will be located in Pala Olimpico this time. After the last winners, the first Italian Eurovision champion Gigliola Cinquetti will return to the Eurovision stage, 58 years after her victory in 1964.

Finally, Mika’s performance will continue to stress on the importance to combine the word peace with the word love.

After that, the traditional ‘12 points’ parade will lead to the announcement of the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 winner

1591585551_Eurovision2022MediaHandbook_MIKA_page-0004.thumb.jpg.f8e91e8e6850699c8cc7e32e064b5051.jpg

• Like 1

fyi, these are the official websites / social media sites of Eurovision - they post different things on their different channels. Nothing on Mika so far. I've also added these links to the first post.

Eurovision on the www:

Website: https://eurovision.tv (info and daily live blog from the rehearsals / shows)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eurovision (info, updates)

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/eurovision/ (info, updates)

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/EurovisionSongContest (backstage videos, live streaming of the final)
Tiktok: https://www.tiktok.com/@eurovision (exclusive rehearsal videos)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

YouTube

:italia:

Promo dell'Eurovision Song Contest 2022 trasmesso su Rai 1, in cui compaiono i tre conduttori di quest'anno, ovvero Laura Pausini, Alessandro Cattelan e Mika.

L'evento andrà in onda il 10, 12 e 14 Maggio alle 20.40 su Rai 1 e sarà disponibile anche su Rai Radio 2 e Rai Play. Tutti i diritti riservati a Rai - Radiotelevisione Italiana Spa © 2022

:uk:

Promo of the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 broadcast on Rai 1, in which the three presenters of this year appear, namely Laura Pausini, Alessandro Cattelan and Mika.
The event will air on 10, 12 and 14 May at 8.40pm on Rai 1 and will also be available on Rai Radio 2 and Rai Play.

All rights reserved to Rai - Radiotelevisione Italiana Spa © 2022

• Like 2