2022 - Mika @Arena di Verona, Italy, 19 September

Mikasister

23 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I take the people (who have been to the Arena di Verona) their word for it. It is a special venue and I believe it’s an absolute honour to perform there. My guess is that Mika insisted on performing in the Arena - even if it means he will have to pay money on top - because of how much it means to him and his fans who know the (may it be historical and/or symbolical) significance of this venue. 

With the Philharmonie de Paris it was only at the very end of the second night that everyone went to the front. I believe in Sardegna there were VIP rows and behind that were fans, so he wanted his fans to be close and dance. With Perpignan people just went :lol3: but I heard the stage was truly far away, so it was very inviting to do so. 
Where I’m getting to is… I think every venue and concert has their own story as to why the people ran to the front, just like in the three examples above. However, if it’s true and Mika is honoured to perform at the Arena di Verona, he will abide by the rules out of respect for the venue. 
I think :wink2:

We'll find out in sixteen days :wink2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Serenamiglio_ said:

Hi everyone, l'm the girl who's organizing everything! Arena inside is very big but also seems small when it's full of people, I'll post
some photo of ours ideas so you can try to imagine it (either the flag or the heart, it depends on what sheets of paper we are able
to find), l'll also post the fanaction that inspired us that was made for a concert into Arena!

The FA will be not so difficult if there will be everyone's collaboration! I trust in this for the success!
You can contact me on Instagram of Facebook (Serena Miglio)

image.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-03 at 12.25.46.jpeg

modà-arena-di-verona.jpg

Serena,

do you know already when you want to make this FA? During which song I mean.

I counted the seats on the parter section. There is about 2350 places.

So I think we can prepare this amount of paper hearts without any problem. (In London in 2019 we had 2000)

Let's make this concert as special as we can.

2 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I mean the second fan action with the color paper hearts in the front rows.

Ah, I didn't get that there's another FA, sorry!   But that with paper hearts have been done already so many times, do you think it would be worth to do it again? And we'd need so much sheets of paper :aah:

1 minute ago, krysady said:

Ah, I didn't get that there's another FA, sorry!   But that with paper hearts have been done already so many times, do you think it would be worth to do it again? And we'd need so much sheets of paper :aah:

Because I proposed the paper hearts first as a sort of a joke.

But then I realized that we need to do more in Verona. As we did in Carcassonne - several fan actions for Mika.

This concert in Verona will be more special than any other this year.

And I feel that we need to express our feeling as much as possible.

Paper hearts are easy to make, easy to distribute and people keep them as a souvenir.

17 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Because I proposed the paper hearts first as a sort of a joke.

But then I realized that we need to do more in Verona. As we did in Carcassonne - several fan actions for Mika.

This concert in Verona will be more special than any other this year.

And I feel that we need to express our feeling as much as possible.

Paper hearts are easy to make, easy to distribute and people keep them as a souvenir.

I'm more like focusing to enjoy the show as much as we can. I think too many FA would distract people from the main purpose: living the moment. After all it's not a competition of who does more FA... but that's just me :original:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krysady said:

:lmfao:

Yes, at the end it was alright, otherwise what's the point of having different prices for tickets? 

Noo, not the logistics again! :aah:

Anyway, thanks for the info, let's hope it will work :thumb_yello:

True, otherwise what’s the point of having different ticket prices??

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, krysady said:

I'm more like focusing to enjoy the show as much as we can. I think too many FA would distract people from the main purpose: living the moment. After all it's not a competition of who does more FA... but that's just me :original:

Nobody is obliged to participate in any fan action. You can take a heart or a sheet of paper and do with it what you want. Or you can say "no thank you" and you enjoy the show as you like.

• Like 1

It's nice of you to make a lot of suggestions what could make this fanaction better, but I think it's the Italians who should decide about it, it's their idea & initiative. And I think it's important Mika feels the love by his Italian fans in Verona, I'm just happy to help them with it but will leave the details up to them, unless they specifically ask for info.

Serena, maybe it'd make sense to start a group on IG to organize it & tell people the details, if you don't want to do it here?

Edit: As for the possible problem of people running to the front, maybe for that the Italian flag would be a better option than the heart, because the flag could be done anyway. But I agree with what Michelle said that Mika will respect the ancient venue and rather come closer to his fans by going into the crowd several times, than calling them closer towards him, if that's forbidden at the arena. I just hope we can stand up and don't need to stay seated.

As for the hearts, Anna, if you want to do that in addition - why not do something different and use a white sheet with red printed hearts, like the ones at Eurovision? Or even small flags if we can get them printed within the short time.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, mellody said:

It's nice of you to make a lot of suggestions what could make this fanaction better, but I think it's the Italians who should decide about it, it's their idea & initiative.

I think the same and really looks great if most of the audience will take part.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mellody said:

As for the hearts, Anna, if you want to do that in addition - why not do something different and use a white sheet with red printed hearts, like the ones at Eurovision? Or even small flags if we can get them printed within the short time.

Any idea is good. Just one thing - generally we will come with a small luggage. The paper is heavy. Hearts are easier to carry.

We can make 2 hearts from one piece of paper A4. No need to spend money on printing them - even if I like the idea of printed red heart on a white sheet. If anybody from Italy would print it it would be great! And we can collect money for it.

And even if the fan action has been already done - only a fraction of us was in London. For many fans it will be something new. As Mika said after Eurovision - it's all about feeling we are together, being united. Participate in something together.

The small flags - you mean Italian flags? Or flags from different countries? We can make them during our Sunday picnic?

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The small flags - you mean Italian flags? Or flags from different countries? We can make them during our Sunday picnic?

No, I mean white flags with red hearts, like at Eurovision.

Anyway, I will focus on the fanaction of the Italians first, let's see what exactly they want to do and for which song.

1 minute ago, mellody said:

No, I mean white flags with red hearts, like at Eurovision.

Ah, Ok. I didn't understand. But we don't know if the security let us enter the sticks - you know - dangerous item. As we had problems in Lille with origami birds for Paloma. We were allowed to enter only those with paper straws.

But the idea of a red heart on a white sheet for everybody? It would be easier to distribute than creating the heart on a white background. But as you said - let's Italian fans to decide.

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Serena, maybe it'd make sense to start a group on IG to organize it & tell people the details, if you don't want to do it here?

I think it's pretty clear what they want to do with these pictures, isn't it? (Look quoted part below)

7 hours ago, Serenamiglio_ said:

Hi everyone, l'm the girl who's organizing everything! Arena inside is very big but also seems small when it's full of people, I'll post
some photo of ours ideas so you can try to imagine it (either the flag or the heart, it depends on what sheets of paper we are able
to find), l'll also post the fanaction that inspired us that was made for a concert into Arena!

The FA will be not so difficult if there will be everyone's collaboration! I trust in this for the success!

image.png

modà-arena-di-verona.jpg

Edited by Prisca

5 hours ago, styjlesx said:

Hi! 🥰

The Arena is quite a particular venue, it’s a historical place, this is why in Italy it’s “a big deal” to do a gig there, and it’s why it has different rules than other venues and the artists know that.
Aside from that, it’s “logistically” quite impossible to run to the front, as the stage is very far from the “barricade” since there’s an area which is not accessible. In fact, the Arena has its own stage (pic below) and my guess is he will not have a T stage or something else, as the tour is cancelled 😔

7B35C5DB-0C8C-4D55-9E19-0D733EED639C.jpeg

It feels like the stage is miles away, there's really not much point in running to the front...

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I think it's pretty clear what they want to do with these pictures, isn't it? (Look quoted part below)

It's not about what they want, it's about how much it'll cost and how many people will take part. From what I understood, Serena is organizing this with a group of Italian fans, not all of them want to take part anymore now, but it'd be nice to get an overview how many we are, how much money is needed, who is willing to pay how much, where we meet up to distribute the papers and check who does which blocks/rows, if they need the money in advance or if it's enough in Verona, etc.. A big fanaction like that is hard to organize via individual DMs, you'll always forget someone.

• Like 2

Btw, I guess this would also be a better thread to talk about meeting up the night before the gig. As it won't be a big organized party (unless some of the Italians want to organize something), I think we don't need to plan much, but just agree on where & when to meet. @holdingyourdrink suggested a picnic in a park, which is a nice idea, at least if the weather is good. I'd do a picnic in the (late) afternoon though, maybe not in the evening when it's dark... but after the picnic we surely can find something where we can sit and chat, or dance and party, whatever we prefer. Or maybe not, as it's Sunday? 😅 We'll see. Anyway I'd definitely love to spend the evening with you guys, even if we have to do it without Mika and his theatre gig. :group_hug:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, mellody said:

Btw, I guess this would also be a better thread to talk about meeting up the night before the gig. As it won't be a big organized party (unless some of the Italians want to organize something), I think we don't need to plan much, but just agree on where & when to meet. @holdingyourdrink suggested a picnic in a park, which is a nice idea, at least if the weather is good. I'd do a picnic in the (late) afternoon though, maybe not in the evening when it's dark... but after the picnic we surely can find something where we can sit and chat, or dance and party, whatever we prefer. Or maybe not, as it's Sunday? 😅 We'll see. Anyway I'd definitely love to spend the evening with you guys, even if we have to do it without Mika and his theatre gig. :group_hug:

Late afternoon is a good idea! And you’re right, we will see where to go from there 😊 

(When we end up all hungover at Mika’s gig the next day, it is ehhhh, not our fault :biggrin2:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Serenamiglio_ said:

image.png

modà-arena-di-verona.jpg

If you want to lower the costs and weight of paper you'll have to carry on , I think you can leave 1 sheet for 2 persons and ask them to devide it , especialy in the white areas

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But the idea of a red heart on a white sheet for everybody? It would be easier to distribute than creating the heart on a white background. But as you said - let's Italian fans to decide.

If Serena doesn't have enough white paper for everyone ,  maybe you could fill the missing space with your hearts ?  ( I have to check , but I may have some left from 2019) 

Then if people are moving and ruining the big one , we'd still have the small ones to show the idea

6 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Late afternoon is a good idea! And you’re right, we will see where to go from there 😊 

(When we end up all hungover at Mika’s gig the next day, it is ehhhh, not our fault :biggrin2:)

Waaait a minute. You don't drink! I see your plan, you want others hungover so your energy stands out more and you get his attention! 

Sneaky... :naughty: :wink2: 

• Haha 5