Eurovision 2022 - national entries

silver

47 minutes ago, silver said:

Neither do I.  Nothing special about it.

My Mum heard it on the radio and said "There's no oomph to it", and I think that's the best description I've heard :naughty:

I'm hoping for more press release about Eurovison here now that we have our candidate, I can keep an eye out for any magazines/papers that mention Mika!

I didn't know that Ukraine were entering, I'm glad they are and I hope they do well! 🙂

Just now, TinyLove_CJ said:

My Mum heard it on the radio and said "There's no oomph to it", and I think that's the best description I've heard :naughty:

I'm hoping for more press release about Eurovison here now that we have our candidate, I can keep an eye out for any magazines/papers that mention Mika!

I didn't know that Ukraine were entering, I'm glad they are and I hope they do well! 🙂

My test of a song is whether I can be bothered to listen to the end, and the UK one failed that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, silver said:

Ukraine

The pink hat!

Interesting fusion of traditional music and rap.

Might do really well just on the sympathy vote.

15 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I think all of Europe is behind Ukraine in the current situation. I also believe that they will get many sympathetic votes. :original:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I think all of Europe is behind Ukraine in the current situation. I also believe that they will get many sympathetic votes. :original:

It's not a bad song, either.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, silver said:

It's not a bad song, either.

My question is rather: Can they participate? I mean, they are all men of compulsory service age, they will probably not be allowed to leave their country, unless they were already abroad, of course. :emot-sad:

Then they would probably have to participate from Ukraine? :dunno:

14 hours ago, silver said:

Well it's not awful, just not a winner

People are joking here that since we don't have the money to organize the next contest, we always send the worst song to be sure we won't win :teehee:

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, silver said:

Moldova

I don't know what to say about this

This one is in Romanian language, the official language in Moldova, and it's about Moldova being actually a part of our country as it was in the past, before Russia took it from us. Many people here and in Moldova plead for a union for many years. The lyrics talks about the irony of having a border between us and other inside jokes, it's funny but probably won't get too far.

This band represented Moldova at Eurovision in 2005 and they went on the place 6th in the finale with this song, also a funny one:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Prisca said:

I read everywhere that Ukraine will be the winner, considering the actual situation.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, krysady said:

I read everywhere that Ukraine will be the winner, considering the actual situation.

Me too but I'm afraid this is not the kind of support they are wishing for from other European countries...  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Me too but I'm afraid this is not the kind of support they are wishing for from other European countries...  

It's clear, but I'm sure Ukraine would still be touched if they won...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Prisca said:

It's clear, but I'm sure Ukraine would still be touched if they won...

Yes, if they "win" the war too (whatever it means in this situation, of course in the end there are only losers in a war...) 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, krysady said:

People are joking here that since we don't have the money to organize the next contest, we always send the worst song to be sure we won't win :teehee:

I've heard that said in the UK for some of our past entries. :naughty:

• Haha 3

How are the Eurovision 2022 - national entries judged?  This is my first time seeing this. I would appreciate somebody explaining how everything is judged with these video entries.❤️

16 minutes ago, MaureenG said:

How are the Eurovision 2022 - national entries judged?  This is my first time seeing this. I would appreciate somebody explaining how everything is judged with these video entries.❤️

I think it's different from each country, for example in Italy it's always the winner of the Sanremo festival.

In Romania would be the votes from 5 judges and the tele-votes from the public, the tele-votes being counted as the equivalent of the sixth judge. 

1 hour ago, MaureenG said:

Quite a lot of countries choose their song from a selection of songs performed by artists on a  live show, so as @krysadysays, there can be judges, votes from viewers or a mixture of both.  In the UK we have no say in the song or the artist, the TV company chooses the entry.

For the actual contest final, the artists perform live, and there is a professional jury vote (each country's jurors are usually musicians, people from radio/record companies etc) and a viewers' vote.

The voting can get exciting, especially with the viewer votes, but goes on for hours.  Some years ago as the number of partcipating countries increased, they introduced two semi-final stages, so only the top 10 songs from each go forward to the final.

Sadly there can be a lot of political voting (eg Greece won't vote for Turkey and vice versa).

The videos are just normal promotional videos so the production and and performance will differ from the live performances.

• Like 2