Eurovision 2022 - national entries

silver

I've been slowly going through all these entries and I've finally listened to them all. I like Ukraine's, I hope they do well but the song itself isn't my favourite. I also like Denmark's entry, that's actually my Mum's favourite!

I do have two favourites though that I can't choose between, Italy and Estonia, I really like them both!

For the comedy aspect my vote goes to Norway! I'll make sure to take a banana with me next time I see wolves at the zoo!  🍌  🐺  :naughty:

• Haha 2

On 2/20/2022 at 4:37 PM, silver said:

Norway

On 3/10/2022 at 1:18 PM, krysady said:

Romania entry - I'm ashamed by the choice, we had so many great songs in the competition :aah:

Just watched the Norway entry, and now I am a bit less ashamed by our entry :teehee:

• Haha 4

Azerbaijan 

I think that's all of them shared now! 😊

Also has anyone heard about the new American Song Contest? It looks interesting!

Well having listened to them all, I can tell Australia and Israel will appeal to the audience, and Norway will get votes for novelty.

I expect Spain and Italy will do well but neither song appeals to me.

My personal favourites:

Estonia and Iceland - I like the country and western vibe , but I don't think they will win.

Poland - love this song but I think it is maybe too complex in its structure to win

North Macedonia - really like this singer's voice but not sure how the song will sound live

Portugal - lovely performance but maybe not strong enough to score well

San Marino - probably won't score highly but there's just something about it I like

Czech Republic - again a sound I like, could do well

Armenia - quite catchy, audience will sing along to the chorus

Sweden - initially I thought this would be a strong contender, but the more I listen to it the more I have this nagging feeling that it sounds like another song

Greece - at the moment this is my favourite but again it depends on how the live performance is.

• Like 3

The staging of the songs at the semi-finals will have a big influence on the results (which is a pity in a way as it is a song contest and really ought to be judged on the music alone).

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 6:59 AM, silver said:

The staging of the songs at the semi-finals will have a big influence on the results (which is a pity in a way as it is a song contest and really ought to be judged on the music alone).

I reviewed the lottery allocation of first or second semi-final, Greece and Cyprus are seperated (They always gave each other 12), UK and Lithuania are seperated (UK always gave Lithuania high scores - can someone explain me this?), and Armenia and Azerbaijan are seperated (You know...), so that the voting can be a bit more "fair" than usual? :making-a-wish: (Edit: Romania and Moldova  are seperated as well - they like each other) 

Also the order of appearance counts. Italy, as the host lotted first, to be the 9th at final, which isn't a "regular" place for winner (For nearly twenty years, the winner's order at final is always >10). (Actually as the host, Italy "is able to decide" its own order "behind the lottery", so maybe it's intentional?) 

Mika said his like Norway's wolf and banana song! Well, for me it's not a bad one - pretty humorous, but not my favourite. 

P.S. Ukraine will surely get first at semi-final, and top at final. But do not win the champion plsss - or that'll be toooo political! - tho I'm not able to vote :dunno:

Edited by PYZ_Moustache

I missed out Ukraine - I like songs which blend traditional music with modern, and this is a good song in its own right, but I'm sure it will pick up lots of sympathy votes as well.

12 hours ago, PYZ_Moustache said:

All songs have out! (Armenia's and Azerbaijan's are also good, but they failed to enter my top10, so mine hasn't changed.) What about you? (Maybe we can create a group in this app "my eurovision scoreboard" so that we can add up our mika fans' score together?) 

24476644__20220313102655.thumb.jpg.ee7120f7193dfde6faa40367605bf71b.jpg

I reviewed the lottery allocation of first or second semi-final, Greece and Cyprus are seperated (They always gave each other 12), UK and Lithuania are seperated (UK always gave Lithuania high scores - can someone explain me this?), and Armenia and Azerbaijan are seperated (You know...), so that the voting can be a bit more "fair" than usual? :making-a-wish: (Edit: Romania and Moldova  are seperated as well - they like each other) 

Also the order of appearance counts. Italy, as the host lotted first, to be the 9th at final, which isn't a "regular" place for winner (For nearly twenty years, the winner's order at final is always >10). (Actually as the host, Italy "is able to decide" its own order "behind the lottery", so maybe it's intentional?) 

Mika said his like Norway's wolf and banana song! Well, for me it's not a bad one - pretty humorous, but not my favourite. 

P.S. Ukraine will surely get first at semi-final, and top at final. But do not win the champion plsss - or that'll be toooo political! - tho I'm not able to vote :dunno:

Quite interesting that the order of appearance has an influence on the result (you must be very dedicated to have studied this :naughty:).  I wonder if it's just that the more recently people have heard a song, the more likely they are to remember it and vote for it? :dunno:

I still haven't sorted out my Top Ten order yet, but it would be interesting to see what other people think.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2022 at 7:52 PM, silver said:

you must be very dedicated to have studied this :naughty:

😂😂 I did browse some message history of the Chinese Eurovision fandom. (I've watched it for several years, but treat it like a soap opera - I watch it tho don't like it at all, so I'm also in the fandom group 😂)

On 3/25/2022 at 7:52 PM, silver said:

I wonder if it's just that the more recently people have heard a song, the more likely they are to remember it and vote for it? :dunno:

I guess so... There're usually 24-26 finalists and in the 21st century, the winner is always >10th except for 10th in 2015&2004 and 4th in 2003. 

(found here:http://www.escstats.com/winnerposition.htm)

Also, some fans told me that the odds is usually very accurate. So here's 2022's current odds——

(found here:https://eurovisionworld.com/odds/eurovision)

image.png.632a5f6ebc34f571dcf6395aabfaeac2.png

Without doubts, politically-practically, Ukraine ranks first :dunno:  (I mean imop their song is not my favourite, but still good enough and "deserves" to top at final, especially in such unusual situation. However do not win pls, winning the champion is "different", and that song would hardly win the champion during usual times...)

Edited by PYZ_Moustache

I'm surprised the UK song ranks so highly, most UK people don't think much of it.  I think Sweden or Greece will win.

I agree with your comment about Ukraine's entry, it's good but not good enough to win on merit.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2022 at 9:44 PM, Prisca said:

Switzerland's representative was announced today: Marius Bear! :original:

I like him :yes:, I don't know how far he'll get with this ballad, but I really wish he'd finally get the recognition he deserves. :original:

Finally managed to listen to all of the songs and this guy has the most amazing and particular voice from all, it's my favorite voice so far! Too bad the song it's not a winner for this type of contest, but he is so good :yes:

On 3/8/2022 at 11:17 PM, silver said:

Aussie entry

This is an impressive entry - great voice, difficult performance! :clap:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

Finally managed to listen to all of the songs and this guy has the most amazing and particular voice from all, it's my favorite voice so far! Too bad the song it's not a winner for this type of contest, but he is so good :yes:

You don't know what to expect. I watched an interview where he said: "Nobody sings this kind of song at the ESC besides me,  either it will work or not." I have looked at reactions from people who have watched the video. Many were like this: I didn't expect this, but somehow I like it. And often it's like that: Either a person likes it or not, there's hardly anything in between with this song. I liked the song immediately because I know him and also like him as a person, so it's hard to be objective. 😅

And I understand it when people say that it's boring, because the song is really veeeeeerry slow. It will surely touch all men who were not allowed to cry as a child. A lot depends on the setting during the live show too, but I think it's a topic that is very topical with the Ukraine war. I think he will make it to the final because he can sing live and convey emotions, so the singing quality will not suffer during the live performance and the emotions will be conveyed even better. However, I don't think he is going to win (that will be Ukraine) and also not under the first places, but he could do better as many people think. This song is really difficult to know where it lands. :original:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

And I understand it when people say that it's boring

I don't think it's boring, it's just too slow and not so catchy like Swedish song. 

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I have looked at reactions from people who have watched the video. Many were like this: I didn't expect this, but somehow I like it.

That's true, the video helps to understand the message better, but I guess he won't have the possibility to present the video during his live performance... do you know already what the scenery will be like?

38 minutes ago, krysady said:

That's true, the video helps to understand the message better, but I guess he won't have the possibility to present the video during his live performance... do you know already what the scenery will be like?

Yes sure, he can't present the video. No, I've no idea what the scenery will be like...

• Like 1