War in Ukraine

Prisca

40 minutes ago, krysady said:

New worries now since the Chernobyl nuclear plant have been cut off from the power, the nuclear reactors need power supply to be cooled down and remain safe.

Apparently they have backup diesel generators that can provide power for a few days.  Chernobyl is not an active plant so cooling is not quite so critical, but it is still needed.

9 minutes ago, silver said:

Apparently they have backup diesel generators that can provide power for a few days.  Chernobyl is not an active plant so cooling is not quite so critical, but it is still needed.

Yes, for 48 hours it seems, but after that the radiations could still appear without cooling. And it's possible the air movement to spread them towards Russia, so it's really confusing what's their purpose ... unless again those Russian soldiers have no idea what they are doing and just blindly follow the orders.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, krysady said:

And it's possible the air movement to spread them towards Russia, so it's really confusing what's their purpose ... unless again those Russian soldiers have no idea what they are doing and just blindly follow the orders.

If the radiation hits Russia, they will say it's Ukraine attacking them, they don't care about their own people... 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

If the radiation hits Russia, they will say it's Ukraine attacking them, they don't care about their own people... 

Maybe that's the plan, I wouldn't be surprised if they would also attack with bombs their own territory and say it was Ukrainians who did it. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 9:22 PM, Prisca said:

In Switzerland, everyone living within 50 km of a nuclear power plant receives free iodine tablets. I still have mine, which I got when I lived in Zurich, and they will last until 2024.

Next week we will get all the iodine tablets for free... I really hope it will NEVER be the case to use them.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 3

Just now, krysady said:

Next week we will get all the iodine tablets for free... I really hope it will NEVER be the case to be used.

Yes really, we don't hope that. :emot-sad:

At least you get free iodine tablets, that's something. :thumb_yello:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1