Mika in Italian press - 2022

mellody

2 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika will be in Catteland -is this any Ale's program?

Anybody can give more details?

1654188443944.png

Yes it's a radio program hosted by Cattelan on radio deejay. It airs at noon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mika's on Catteland. He mentioned a surprise concert in New York next week

Check out what Kumazzz wrote on USPress thread. It's the Paris Philharmonic concert

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 3

Mika wasn't on the show very long - don't think he was in the studio though Alessandro acted as if he was. Part of the time Cattelan played Yoyo, Grace Kelly and Ice Cream. They talked about Mika's busy schedule in the coming weeks/ months, TikTok as a way of reaching fans. Mika said that the tour with the double gigs in the 5 Italian cities was his promoter's idea.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SusanT said:

Mika's on Catteland. He mentioned a surprise concert in New York next week

Check out what Kumazzz wrote on USPress thread. It's the Paris Philharmonic concert

Are you sure? They speak too quickly for my limited Italian to fully understand, but it sounds like Mika says, "I'm doing a surprise concert in New York next weekend."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Are you sure? They speak too quickly for my limited Italian to fully understand, but it sounds like Mika says, "I'm doing a surprise concert in New York next weekend."

Which is news to me, and which would really upset me since I don't think I can make it! :mad3:

"Faccio un concerto sorpresa a New York weekend prossimo" is what he says.  (I'm doing a surprise concert in NY next weekend)  That actually sounds more like he's doing it in person rather than just having the broadcast of the Philharmonic concert, which is what Kumazzz posted.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SusanT said:

"Faccio un concerto sorpresa a New York weekend prossimo" is what he says.  (I'm doing a surprise concert in NY next weekend)  That actually sounds more like he's doing it in person rather than just having the broadcast of the Philharmonic concert, which is what Kumazzz posted.

Right, that's what I thought. But he's in Disneyland Paris next weekend. So unless his Cattelan conversation was pre-recorded last week, and he's in New York now, I'm not sure what he's doing. :dunno:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Right, that's what I thought. But he's in Disneyland Paris next weekend. So unless his Cattelan conversation was pre-recorded last week, and he's in New York now, I'm not sure what he's doing. :dunno:

In another interview recently (one of the French ones?) I remember him saying he was going to NY for 1 or 2 days then coming right back. I wonder if it's the same occasion.

Maybe what we heard today was pre-recorded.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

This man will drive us all nuts :squirrel:He was supposed to be in the desert wasn't he? :tumbleweed: :camel3: :camping: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So for the Magic Piano tour will be 2 different setlists, one for the theaters and one for the big arenas, and he may even skip Grace Kelly from one of them. That means more songs performed live, that's a wonderful news! :pbjt:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

3 hours ago, SusanT said:

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I replayed this part. So it's quite possible that the interview has been pre-recorded and it's this weekend 4-5 of June he will go to NY and then the festivals start - actually the Disney Pride then Switzerland - it's the opening of the festivals period for Mika. 

And in a previous interview he said about something he will do in NY that we will learn later - so it can't be a Paris concert broadcast on TV.

Mika sais he is jealous because Ale leaves for holidays "tomorrow". 6 days ago Ale posted on Instagram a video with his wife and daughter in the countryside. Hmmm. Another proof that today's interview was pre-recorded? 

And they were talking about TikTok  - Mika mentioned Grace Kelly challenge and Space Kelly song by Subwoolfer.

He said that he didn't start this "challenge trend" and you cannot force something to become a trend. It doesn't work. It's strange for him that his presence on TikTok is very strong but he does almost nothing (hello Mika fans :wink2: )

Thing works on TikTok only when it's honest. And they mentioned these snippets from Eurovision where Ale (and Mika) was dancing during rehearsals. And it became viral. It looks like Mika starts to accept TikTok phenomenon :lol3: He talks a lot lately about this social media.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I replayed this part. So it's quite possible that the interview has been pre-recorded and it's this weekend 4-5 of June he will go to NY and then the festivals start - actually the Disney Pride then Switzerland - it's the opening of the festivals period for Mika. 

And in a previous interview he said about something he will do in NY that we will learn later - so it can't be a Paris concert broadcast on TV.

Mika sais he is jealous because Ale leaves for holidays "tomorrow". 6 days ago Ale posted on Instagram a video with his wife and daughter in the countryside. Hmmm. Another proof that today's interview was pre-recorded? 

And they were talking about TikTok  - Mika mentioned Grace Kelly challenge and Space Kelly song by Subwoolfer.

He said that he didn't start this "challenge trend" and you cannot force something to become a trend. It doesn't work. It's strange for him that his presence on TikTok is very strong but he does almost nothing (hello Mika fans :wink2: )

Thing works on TikTok only when it's honest. And they mentioned these snippets from Eurovision where Ale (and Mika) was dancing during rehearsals. And it became viral. It looks like Mika starts to accept TikTok phenomenon :lol3: He talks a lot lately about this social media.

I'm pretty sure he recorded lots of interviews ahead. When he was doing the voice for le prophète he said he had done like thirty interviews in a day so it must still be that way...he even had a special name for such days of group interviews which I can't remember

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika said that the video of him and Ale dancing with Latvia' s singers went viral with 2 million viewers. He also mentioned something on TikTok with Camila Cabello and Gwen Stefani ( involving Grace Kelly I think) but it wasn't clear what it was.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Ale posted from NY today, looks like he's there on holiday... :dunno_grin:

I was wondering whether the gig Mika is doing in NY is another indeed Pride concert, like last year... so it might be an online surprise concert that was prerecorded? Or he's taking a private jet from Disneyland Paris to NY, to do gigs on 2 continents the same weekend. :insane:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Ale posted from NY today, looks like he's there on holiday... :dunno_grin:

I was wondering whether the gig Mika is doing in NY is another indeed Pride concert, like last year... so it might be an online surprise concert that was prerecorded? Or he's taking a private jet from Disneyland Paris to NY, to do gigs on 2 continents the same weekend. :insane:

No wonder he travels in pyjamas :naughty:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, krysady said:

So for the Magic Piano tour will be 2 different setlists, one for the theaters and one for the big arenas, and he may even skip Grace Kelly from one of them. That means more songs performed live, that's a wonderful news! :pbjt:

Lots of new songs :wootjump:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And in a previous interview he said about something he will do in NY that we will learn later -

Didn't he say that he'll go to NY for one day to record something in the studio, or I remember wrong?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SusanT said:

He also mentioned something on TikTok with Camila Cabello and Gwen Stefani ( involving Grace Kelly I think) but it wasn't clear what it was.

It was about this video where Gwen Stefani and the other judges announced they will join The Voice singing Mika's song:  https://www.the-star.co.ke/sasa/entertainment/2022-05-16-gwen-stefani-returning-to-the-voice/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, krysady said:

Didn't he say that he'll go to NY for one day to record something in the studio, or I remember wrong?

Well I don't remember he used the word STUDIO. But he said he was going to NY for one day: go to the airport, does a soundcheck, sleep a little then he records something for a special event which has not been announced yet.

It was in RADIO RTL 102.5 from the 24th of May.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well I don't remember he used the word STUDIO. But he said he was going to NY for one day: go to the airport, does a soundcheck, sleep a little then he records something for a special event which has not been announced yet.

Yes, that's what I remember, I supposed he'll go to a studio when he said to "record" something :original:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Exactly, so I guess they recorded this interview when he was in Milan for RTL 102.5 and that he said “next weekend” meaning this weekend (tomorrow) and then back to Paris as he said at RTL :dunno:

• Like 4