MIKA in UK Press - 2022

dcdeb

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BeccaStardust said:

(this might be the wrong place)

Mika is on this morning today in about half an hour (12 UK time) 

Thanks a lot for posting !

Hope they upload the video to their YouTube.

• Thanks 2

ITV

This Morning

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/relax-take-it-easy-pop-star-mika-is-here

Relax, Take It Easy...Pop Star Mika Is Here! 🌟

Tuesday 5 July at 12:21pm

Currently on a global tour, the Prince of ultra-pop Mika joins us for a chat about his brand new single 'Yo Yo' - a song he says “should make you cry and dance, all at the same time”.

Plus we’ll find out all about his Eurovision experience and discuss how he plans to take over Hollywood with his feature film soundtracks.

hBU-bCxz.thumb.jpg.19d40bf20b4c81e1413c6615414f20f3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

ITV

This Morning

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/relax-take-it-easy-pop-star-mika-is-here

Currently on a global tour, the Prince of ultra-pop Mika joins us for a chat about his brand new single 'Yo Yo' - a song he says “should make you cry and dance, all at the same time”.

Plus we’ll find out all about his Eurovision experience and discuss how he plans to take over Hollywood with his feature film soundtracks.

I wasn't able to see the entire interview  because I live in Italy but this clip reminded me of the funny moment during the final with Mika and Subwoolfer:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

ITV

This Morning

Does anybody have/know some other source where i can watch this interview?

2 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

Here you Go for anyone who Couldn't watch it

Thank you for the video!   I guess in the end they decided not to talk about the soundtracks.

Hope Mika's plans for the UK work out ( I'm also thinking of what he wrote on Instagram). 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for late posting. :blush:

Sunday Brunch

January 18

Did you know that Mae Muller was in the music video for #Mikas hit song #GraceKelly? 😁

Mae Muller Was The Little Girl In The Music Video For Grace Kelly

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=653759049383257

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I hope this is the right place But News About the TV Show Mika is involved in, Judging young Pianists 

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/c4-thepiano-report1

I didn't see anyone else where Mentioning it 

Thought this was Official enough

Edited by BeccaStardust
Idk how to embend link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

I hope this is the right place But News About the TV Show Mika is involved in, Judging young Pianists 

Exciting news!

Explains why Mika was seen in Glasgow, Leeds and Birmingham!

Says coming 2023, but no date yet :(

I'm eager (and impatient) for Mika projects to happen right now! 😁

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

25 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Exciting news!

Explains why Mika was seen in Glasgow, Leeds and Birmingham!

Says coming 2023, but no date yet :(

I'm eager (and impatient) for Mika projects to happen right now! 😁

Mika likes

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/sep/17/bake-off-team-keyboard-the-piano-tv-contest-documentary

Bake Off team whip up fresh keyboard stars in new TV contest – with a secret

Claudia Winkleman will host The Piano, which poses as a documentary to take undiscovered keyboard talent all the way to a London concert finale

4141.jpg?width=620&quality=85&fit=max&s=

Claudia Winkleman filming a segment for The Piano at St Pancras station in London. Photograph: Gavin Rodgers/pixel8000

Sat 17 Sep 2022 17.30 BST

The gentle, soothing (though sometimes tear-inducing) art of creating fabulous cakes and biscuits has for many years drawn huge audiences to The Great British Bake Off. Now its creators hope to do the same with another calming and often genteel pastime: piano playing.

This search for undiscovered ivory-tinkling talent will be documented weekly in The Piano, which will follow amateur pianists all the way to a finale concert at London’s Royal Festival Hall. It aims to tap into the “street piano” phenomenon, which has spawned viral videos of people playing in public, and is the brainchild of Richard McKerrow, co-founder and creative director of Love Productions, which also makes The Great Pottery Throw Down and The Great British Sewing Bee.

The new series, due to air next year, grew out of a conversation with Channel 4’s chief content officer, Ian Katz. “Four years ago, we were both learning the piano and discussed how remarkable these public pianos were,” says McKerrow. “We passed the one in St Pancras station [in London] every day on our commutes. Ian asked: ‘Could you make a show about it?’ I jumped at the chance.”

Judges Lang Lang and Mika are from different worlds, classical and pop, but their bromance is wonderful
Richard McKerrow

What started out as a heartwarming one-off documentary soon evolved into something bigger. Opening rounds were filmed at four mainline stations around the UK – St Pancras, Leeds, Glasgow Central and Birmingham New Street – with 20 amateur pianists performing at each. Next comes a major twist.

“Suddenly we had a brainwave,” says McKerrow. “What if it’s a competition but they don’t know it? The pianists think they’re in a documentary, then we tell them it’s a competition too. I can’t think of another show that’s ever done that.” The best contestants go through to play in the grand finale concert at London’s Royal Festival Hall.

The Piano will be hosted by Claudia Winkleman. Hopefuls will be evaluated by two “maestros” in Chinese classical virtuoso Lang Lang, and Lebanese-born British pop star Mika, last seen co-hosting Eurovision.

“We never dreamed we’d get such big names,” says McKerrow. “They agreed to do it for not much money because they loved the idea and are passionate about the instrument. Lang Lang and Mika are from different worlds, classical and pop, but their bromance is wonderful. It reminds me of Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry when Bake Off began – the high-end professional and the home baker, bringing their expertise together.”

Contestants are drawn from a wide cross-section of society. “Even by Bake Off’s broad standards, the casting is diverse,” says McKerrow. “They span from six-year-olds to 95-year-olds. There are autistic, blind and disabled pianists. For many of them, the piano is their escape. It’s magical and emotional. The music is eclectic too, ranging from hip-hop to jazz to classical. It’s a similar artform to Bake Off in some ways. Pianists and bakers practise their skill for themselves but the results are shared with others. Food and music are international languages.”

The Great British Bake Off team, from left, Matt Lucas, Prue Leith, Paul Hollywood and Noel Fielding. Photograph: Mark Bourdillon/Channel 4/Love Productions

The latest series of Bake Off launched last week. Channel 4 decided to go ahead with its broadcast despite widespread TV schedule changes after the Queen’s death. “It was a strange time to be landing but felt somehow appropriate,” says McKerrow. “At a time of national mourning, Bake Off is therapeutic. It brings people together.”

The 13th run of the hit cake-making contest represents a homecoming. The production is back at Welford Park, Berkshire, after two years of filming in a Covid-safe bubble at Down Hall Hotel, Essex. “Welford is our spiritual home, so it’s great to be back,” says McKerrow. He teases surprise to come this series, including a fancy-dressed theme week and a no-recipe technical challenge.

The UK judges are also working together on the US version for the first time. Hollywood was already a judge on The Great American Baking Show. Prue Leith now joins him as the series returns after a three-year hiatus due to lockdown. What many viewers don’t realise is that The Great American Baking Show is filmed at Pinewood Studios, with the bakers brought over to the UK for the duration of the contest.

“We’ve now got two British judges and we’re shooting it here,” laughs McKerrow. “It’s getting more British each year.”

It has been a tricky two years for Love Productions, whose stock in trade is factual formats with large casts and crews. During lockdown, it focused on finding ways to make its existing series safely in bubbles – both to keep its teams employed and audiences entertained.

This meant new projects were put on hold. Now McKerrow and co are firing on all cylinders again. Next to hit our screens is The Big Blow Out, a hairstyling contest coming to E4 in a fortnight.

Meanwhile, Bake Off: The Musical premiered at Cheltenham’s Everyman theatre in the summer and is in talks to transfer to London next year. “Fingers crossed,” says McKerrow. “It’s an exciting time.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Guide to Independent Schools

Autumn 2022

St Philip’s School

6 Wetherby Place, London SW7 4NE

Head Teacher: Alexander Thomas Admissions: Fi Kaye o ce@stpschool.co.uk 0207 373 3944

GENDER/AGES: Boys, 7-13 years

TOTAL PUPILS: 100

TYPE: Day

FEES: Prep – Day from £6,050 per term

TYPICAL CLASS SIZE: Prep – 15

MAIN EXIT SCHOOLS: St Paul’s, Westminster, City of London, Dulwich,

Wetherby Senior, Eton, Harrow, Winchester, Radley, Tonbridge

FAITH: Catholic

MOTTO: Quant Je Puis

ENTRANCE PROCEDURE: All parents have a tour of the School and meet the Head Master before being invited to register their interest. All pupils assessed to establish current levels of English and Mathematics, in addition to potential.

School Philosophy: St Philip’s seeks to create an atmosphere that is warm, welcoming and supportive, and aims for every pupil to feel a valued member of the school community and to have a sense of being personally cared for by those around him. Having experienced this, it is expected that he is inspired to respond to others in a similar fashion.

The School seeks to create a spirit of goodness and industry that does not fear failure. It has high expectations of all pupils and believes that they thrive when challenged, provided that they feel secure and confident.

Academic Record: Exceptional. Pupils make excellent progress as they move through the School and it enjoys an excellent record of helping them to win places at some of the most competitive schools in the country. Scholarships won recently to Eton, Harrow and City of London.

Extra-curricular: The School is a stakeholder in Barn Elms Sports Trust with a well-appointed pavilion and 30 acres of well-maintained fields providing football, rugby, tennis, cricket on grass wickets, and hockey. High quality choir sings a challenging repertoire, annual play, and regular music, poetry and reading competitions within the calendar.

Notable Achievements and Alumni: Varied and interesting from captains of industry such as Sir Rocco Forte, and politicians such as Sir Edward Leigh, to Hollywood writers such as Lord Julian Fellowes and performing artists such as Mika.

Open Days: Please see website for details

http://www.stpschool.co.uk

the-guide-to-independent-schools-autumn-2022.thumb.jpg.43180220d2cf1edad9535125137a7034.jpg

2077429077_TheGuidetoIndependentSchoolsAutumn2022_pag112.thumb.jpg.e3d4af4a4a60b9b69757b414a302ec49.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

BBC Radio 2

15 Oct 2022
( Available for 19 days )

Dermot O'Leary

Luke Evans joins Dermot for National Album Day

West End and Hollywood star Luke Evans chats about his new album. And for National Album Day, we play tracks from the greatest debut albums of all time.

Tracklist

• 1 Wham! Young Guns (Go For It!)
  • 2 Céline Dion LA VOIX DU BON DIEU
  • 3 The Housemartins Happy Hour
  • 4 a‐ha The Sun Always Shines on TV
  • 5 Lady Blackbird Feel It Comin
  • 6 MIKA Grace Kelly
  • 7 Coldplay Trouble
  • 8 Dermot Kennedy Kiss Me
  • 9 The Charlatans The Only One I Know
  • 10 KT Tunstall Other Side of the World
  • 11 Madonna Borderline
  • 12 Bon Iver For Emma
  • 13 Luke Evans Horizons Blue
  • 14 Paloma Faith New York
  • 15 Robbie Williams Let Me Entertain You
  • 16 Tom Chaplin Overshoot
  • 17 Florence + the Machine Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)
  • 18 Charlene I've Never Been To Me
  • 19 The 1975 I'm In Love With You
  • 20 Supergrass Mansize Rooster
  • 21 The Killers Andy You're a Star

• Like 3

BBC Radio 2

14 Oct 2022

( Available for 19 days )

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001cv4m

With guest Noel Fitzpatrick

'The Supervet' looks ahead to his An Evening With Noel Fitzpatrick tour, a listener challenges OJ in Mid-Afternoon Mastermind and you pick the tracks on the Three O’Clock Rock.

Tracklist

• 1 Kool & the Gang Celebration
  • 2 Shania Twain Waking Up Dreaming
  • 3 Primal Scream Movin' On Up
  • 4 Wham! Freedom
  • 5 Kylie Minogue Love At First Sight
  • 6 The 1975 I'm In Love With You
  • 7 Jackie Wilson Reet Petite (The Finest Girl You Ever Want To Meet)
  • 8 Lizzo 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready)
  • 9 Lewis Capaldi Forget Me
  • 10 Suede The Only Way I Can Love You
  • 11 Belinda Carlisle We Want The Same Thing
  • 12 Simple Minds Don't You (Forget About Me)
  • 13 Oasis Talk Tonight
  • 14 The Who Who Are You
  • 15 George Michael & Elton John Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
  • 16 Take That Relight My Fire (feat. Lulu)
  • 17 Queen I Want To Break Free
  • 18 Bee Gees For Whom The Bell Tolls
  • 19 Prince & The Revolution Purple Rain
  • 20 MIKA Rain
  • 21 Alfie Templeman Candyfloss
  • 22 Fleetwood Mac Big Love
  • 23 Hot Chip Broken
  • 24 The Beloved Sweet Harmony
  • 25 Panic! at the Disco Don't Let The Light Go Out
  • 26 George Ezra Dance All Over Me
  • 27 U2 Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

BBC Radio 2

Sat 11 Jun 2022 ( this episode is not currently available )

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001823n

Dermot O'Leary

Vicky McClure & Teddy Sheringham

Dermot is joined by the stars of Soccer Aid - which takes place on Sunday June 12th at the London Stadium for Unicef

Music Played

1. Roxy Music Love Is the Drug
  2. Bon Jovi Keep The Faith
  3. R.E.M. Try Not to Breathe
  4. Lauryn Hill Ex-Factor
  5. Paolo Nutini Through The Echoes
  6. Bruce Springsteen Thunder Road
  7. Suede She Still Leads Me On
  8. Kingmaker Eat Yourself Whole
  9. a‐ha The Living Daylights
  10. Hot Chip Over and Over
  11. MIKA Happy Ending
  12. Roosevelt Passion (feat. Nile Rodgers)
  13. Culture Club Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
  14. Phoenix Alpha Zulu
  15. Take That Pray
  16. Lorde Secrets From A Girl (Who's Seen it All)
  17. Keane Perfect Symmetry

• Like 2

BBC Radio 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001cqlm

Thu 6 Oct 2022 ( 11 days left to listen )

Sara Cox

06/10/2022

Sara gets you through teatime with plenty of giggles and some fab music.

Tracklist

Diana Ross

Chain Reaction

Ed Sheeran

Celestial

Scouting for Girls

This Ain't A Love Song

The Brand New Heavies

Dream On Dreamer

CC Clarke

On Read

Years & Years

King

MIKA

Grace Kelly

Billy Joel

Tell Her About It

Vampire Weekend

This Life

Elvis Presley

Burning Love

Netsky & Rita Ora

Barricades

Coldplay

Clocks

Emeli Sandé

When Someone Loves You (feat. Nile Rodgers)

Kristen Bell, Agatha Lee Monn & Katie Lopez

Do You Want To Build A Snowman?

Bruce Springsteen

Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)

Bucks Fizz

Making Your Mind Up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1