MIKA in UK Press - 2022

dcdeb

BBC Radio 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001cf9s

06 Oct 2022 ( Available for 10 days )

Nicki Chapman

Join Nicki Chapman for the Early Breakfast show, featuring plenty of Early Bird Earworms and some of this morning’s entertainment stories. And all this week you can play along with the ‘Famous Last Words’ – see if you can you guess the right song from the lyrical clue left by a famous voice! Text your answers to 88291 or send a WhatsApp to 08000 288 291.

Tracklist

The Pointer Sisters

Jump (For My Love)

The 1975

I'm In Love With You

Girls Aloud

Sound Of The Underground

The Motors

Airport

Panic! at the Disco

Don't Let The Light Go Out

Tracey Ullman

They Don't Know

Dolly Parton

Jolene

Toni Basil

Mickey

MIKA

Grace Kelly

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

Too Much For One (Not Enough For Two)

Jennifer Lopez

Love Don't Cost A Thing

Cher

The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss)

Bob Marley & The Wailers

Buffalo Soldier

Blondie

Atomic

Shania Twain

Waking Up Dreaming

JLS

Everybody In Love

Tina Charles

I Love To Love

George Ezra

Dance All Over Me

Anastacia

I'm Outta Love

Cian Ducrot & Ella Henderson

All For You

Soft Cell

Tainted Love

Reverend and the Makers

Heatwave In The Cold North

Sugababes

Hole In The Head

Eddie Cochran

C'Mon Everybody

Texas

Black Eyed Boy

Alfie Templeman

Candyfloss

CeCe Peniston

Finally

Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes

(I've Had) The Time Of My Life

Lou Bega

Mambo No.5

• Like 2

BBC Radio Lincolnshire

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0d2wg3q

21 Oct 2022 ( Available for 26 days )

Pop you forgot from the 2000s, with Mika, Rihanna and Miley Cyrus

George Smith has your weekly megamix of classic hits from the 2000s. Subscribe on BBC Sounds for a new mix every Friday.

👉 MP3 AUDIO file ( 4.7 MB )

Tracklist

Madonna

4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake)

Pink

U + Ur Hand

Pixie Lott

Boys & Girls

Rihanna

Pon De Replay

Ms. Dynamite

Dy-Na-Mi-Tee

Mika

Love Today

Miley Cyrus

7 Things

Sugababes

Ugly

The Veronicas

Untouched

Shakira

She Wolf

Sophie Ellis‐Bextor

Get Over You

Mini Viva

Left My Heart In Tokyo

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

BBC Radio Lincolnshire

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0d2wg3q

21 Oct 2022 ( Available for 26 days )

Pop you forgot from the 2000s, with Mika, Rihanna and Miley Cyrus

George Smith has your weekly megamix of classic hits from the 2000s. Subscribe on BBC Sounds for a new mix every Friday.

👉 AUDIO file ( 14.8 MB )

Tracklist

Madonna

4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake)

Pink

U + Ur Hand

Pixie Lott

Boys & Girls

Rihanna

Pon De Replay

Ms. Dynamite

Dy-Na-Mi-Tee

Mika

Love Today

Miley Cyrus

7 Things

Sugababes

Ugly

The Veronicas

Untouched

Shakira

She Wolf

Sophie Ellis‐Bextor

Get Over You

Mini Viva

Left My Heart In Tokyo

Many people seem to choose Mika. 🥰

• Like 2

Independent

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/national-album-day-debut-albums-b2200241.html

Tuesday 18 October 2022

National Album Day: Yard Act, Hot Chip and Nova Twins pick their favourite debut albums

To celebrate this year’s National Album Day theme, UK artists tell Megan Graye about the debut albums that made them fall in love with music

Today celebrates National Album Day, and this year will be highlighting the theme of Debut Albums.

Founded in 2018, National Album Day is an annual event that encourages music fans to celebrate the traditional format.

Previous themes have included Women in Music and the 1980s. This year’s theme will seek to showcase a broad range of first album releases across multiple genres and decades – many of which have gone on to become classics.

Organisers have also put together a series of special products, events and ambassadors to raise awareness of the occasion. 2022 ambassadors include Scottish indie-rock act Franz Ferdinand, BRIT-nominated rapper and musician KSI, Liverpudlian alternative-rock band The Mysterines, Eurovision 2022 runner-up Sam Ryder and acclaimed indie-folk trio The Staves.

This year, the event has teamed up with broadcast partner BBC Sounds and audio partner Bowers & Wilkin.

To celebrate the theme, The Independent spoke with a number of artists to find out which debuts they believe rank among the greatest ever released.

James Smith, Yard Act

• Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not

Phem

• Radiohead: Pablo Honey

Grandson

• The Notorious B.I.G.: Ready To Die

KSI

• Bryson Tiller: Trapsoul

Angus Rogers, Opus Kink

• Leonard Cohen: Songs of Leonard Cohen

GIRLI

• Charli XCX: True Romance

Lauran Hibberd

• Weezer: Blue

The Staves

• Fleet Foxes: Fleet Foxes

Laura Mvula

• Michael Jackson: Off The Wall

Felix Martin (Hot Chip)

• Aphex Twin: Selected Ambient Works 85-92

Nova Twins

• Justin Timberlake: Justified

Theon Cross

• Mos Def - Black On Both Sides

Jack Martin, Walt Disco

• Kate Bush: The Kick Inside

NOAHFINNCE

• The Story So Far: Under Soil and Dirt

Sinead O’Brien

• Bjork: Debut

Bob Vylan

• Nas: Illmatic

Steve Garrigan, Kodaline

• The Killers: Hot Fuzz

Anna B Savage

• Coldplay: Parachutes

Pabllo Vittar

• Bjork: Debut

Charlie Wayne, Black Country, New Road

• Modest Mouse: This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About

Dan Haggis, The Wombats

• The Shins: Oh, Inverted World

Dodie

• MIKA: Life In Cartoon Motion

“I have so many albums that changed my life! I’m not sure I’m able to pick a favorite - but one that was momentous was Life In Cartoon Motion by MIKA, released when I was 11 years old.

There were so many voices and instruments - it felt exactly how the artwork looked; loud, busy, bursting with colour! I remember how it helped me to be more curious about the structure and theory behind the songs - why different chord changes made me feel a certain way and how I could recreate them. It was the first time I was recognizing certain harmonies, giving them names and relating them back to moments in these songs.”

Porij

• SOPHIE: OIL OF EVERY PEARLS UN-INSIDES

Johnny Took, DMA’s

• The Stone Roses: The Stone Roses
  • Like 2

BBC Radio2

Sat 15 Oct 2022

Pick of the Pops

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001d6jx

The Official All-time Debut Albums Top 40 - Part 1 (40-21)

To mark National Album Day, Steve Wright reveals the Top 40 best-selling debut albums released in the UK. In this episode, Steve counts down from number 40 to 21.

KT Tunstall Suddenly I See

Paolo Nutini Last Request

MIKA Grace Kelly

Sananda Maitreya Sign Your Name

Sananda Maitreya If You Let Me Stay
The Stone Roses Made Of Stone

The Stone Roses Waterfall

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's published in 2007 ! :doh:

Publication date - 
26 December 2007

The Pirate Loop

The Pirate Loop is a BBC Books original novel written by Simon Guerrier and based on the long-running science fiction television series Doctor Who.

It features the Tenth Doctor and Martha Jones. It was published on 26 December 2007 alongside Peacemaker and Wishing Well. It is also the second Tenth Doctor book to feature space pirates, after The Resurrection Casket.

👉 PDF file  ( 178 pages / 529 KB ) BBC_Dr.WHO_the_pirate_loop.pdf

1632011700_thepirateloop_Front.thumb.jpg.74f0e1dca4a2e6f66d2110b3ec3be9ea.jpg

This, thought Martha now as she ran to keep up with the Doctor, her hand held tightly in his, was what happened when you tried to force people to have a good time. She remembered a particularly miserable family holiday at some activity camp outside London, her big sister Tish falling for one of the creepy blokes that worked there. She shuddered. Even being sentenced to death by a city of daft robots wasn’t quite as terrifying as that place. For one thing, you couldn’t defeat creepy blokes by playing them songs from your iPod. ‘It’s funny,’ she said to the Doctor as they ducked and weaved between the dancing robots. ‘My brother hates this song.’ ‘What?’ said the Doctor, stopping in his tracks. He spun on the heel of his trainer, his long coat and silvery tie whirling around him, and swept a hand through his spiked and scruffy hair. ‘But this is a classic. Humans doing what you do, daring to be brown and blue and violet sky!’ He laughed. ‘I don’t even know what that means! See? Brilliant.’ Martha raised an eyebrow. With the robots still dancing around them, it didn’t seem the best time to indulge him. ‘Yeah, well,’ he said chastened, taking her hand and leading her on through the strange and metal street party, ‘you know I once saw Mika live in Denmark –’ ‘Yeah,’ said Martha wearily. ‘I was there too.’ He turned his wild, inquisitive eyes on her like he’d only just noticed her there. ‘That’s a coincidence!’ he said. ‘Funny how these things work out, innit?’ But his wide grin and enthusiasm were infectious; Martha found herself grinning back. They turned a corner and Martha felt her heart leap. At the end of the alleyway, beyond yet more cavorting robots, stood the TARDIS. They made their way through the last of the dancing robots. While the Doctor rummaged through deep pockets to find the TARDIS key, Martha looked back one last time on the city. Two small robots the size and shape of kitchen bins were dancing together, the same keen but clumsy routine she remembered from old school discos. She felt a sudden pang of sorrow for the silly machines. ‘But won’t they get bored with this song one day?’ she asked the Doctor.

‘Then they stay,’ said the Doctor. ‘But they have to choose.’ From the Brilliant’s speakers, a new pop song began. It took a moment for Martha to realise what it was, by which time she and the Doctor had already started dancing. ‘Grace Kelly!’ she laughed. ‘The song,’ the Doctor nodded, wheeling her around the floor. ‘Got it off your iPod. Thought you wouldn’t mind. Good old Mika.’

page 2

167641642_thepirateloop_p.2.thumb.jpg.c13176a1e305945e2cb77b7771d08cf5.jpg

P.167

725896112_thepirateloop_p_167.thumb.jpg.31eaf1b03753b392d617e164d8d281ed.jpg

1302983909_thepirateloop_Back.thumb.jpg.652e6fcb812b0ad3e66f7f4733187326.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

BBC Radio 2

The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show

Released On: 02 Dec 2022

Dawn French tells us about leading this year's panto at the London Palladium this festive season, in 'Jack and the Beanstalk' as Jack's mum, Dame Trot. The panto will run from 10th December 2022 until 15th January 2023. Gregory Porter is returning to the Royal Albert Hall next summer for three shows, from the end of June 2023. And Romesh Ranganathan will talk about his new Netflix show 'The Cynic' and the return of The Weakest Link to BBC One on 17th December! And that's not all... as Zoe has a special announcement for this year's Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special.

Plus, the 7.33 - one theme picked by Zoe... three tunes picked by you.... another lucky listener's Pick Your Own Playlist and a daily Pause For Thought from Reverend Kate Bottley.

Along with Tina Daheley on news, Richie Anderson on travel and Mike Williams on sport, Zoe takes your messages, calls and voice notes to make it the best start to your morning with fun for all the family.

13 -  MIKA - Grace Kelly

👉 MP3 ( 6.1 MB ) 

1183721536_Screenshot2022-12-02at20-29-41TheZoeBallBreakfastShow-AnotherFriendsRoundFriday...withDawnFrenchGregoryPorterRomeshRanganathan-BBCSounds.thumb.png.504fbbef4fec263c891f0c1b538bc97b.png

• Like 2

bamagz.com

https://bamagz.com/uks-highest-viral-tiktok-songs-in-2022/

November 29, 2022

Yorkshire Evening Post

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/uks-highest-charting-viral-tiktok-songs-of-2022-3934164

2nd Dec 2022

UK’s highest charting viral TikTok songs of 2022

It’s a digital site that took the Internet by storm and informed opinion in areas many and varied, including current musical tastes.

TikTok having set many musical trends, we look at this year's most popular songs on the increasingly popular digital platform.

New research reveals all the UK’s highest charting viral TikTok songs of 2022.

The study carried out by Slingo looked at the highest trending songs on TikTok in the last year and analysed a variety of factors to establish if the platform's prowess influences song success.

Here are the highest charting TikTok songs in the UK ranked by song, artist, number of weeks in the chart and top position ...

"good 4 u"; Olivia Rodrigo; 60; 1

"One Kiss"; Calvin Harris with Dua Lipa; 58; 1

"Bad Habits"; Ed Sheeran; 50; 1

"Grace Kelly"; Mika; 49; 1

"We Don't Talk About Bruno" (from Encanto); Encanto Cast; 24; 1

"Running Up That Hill"; Kate Bush; 23; 1

"Drivers licence"; Olivia Rodrigo; 22; 1

"As It Was"; Harry Styles; 14; 1

"Afraid To Feel"; LF SYSTEM; 6; 1.

Nine viral TikTok videos climbed their way to the number one spot on the UK Official Charts.

Olivia Rodrigo had two songs go viral on TikTok.

The first “good 4 u” went viral due to its resemblance to an old Paramore song. The second was her debut single “drivers licence”.

Disney movie Encanto’s song “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” also trended extremely well. It was used in almost one million TikTok tracks and made it number one on UK charts.

We also saw Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill” hit number one in the charts nearly 40 years after its release, beating its initial release ranked third spot.

Harry Styles’ “As It Was” also made its way to number one for several weeks, just as the artist attended Venice Film Festival for premier of his new movie “Don’t Worry Darling”.

Dua Lipa and Ed Sheeran were also among artists that made their way up to number one.

Viral TikTok songs with the biggest chart increase were "Heat Waves" by Glass Animals, "Mama Said" by Lukas Graham, "Need To Know" by Doja Cat and "Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush.

The song with the biggest change in original chart ranking is “Heat Waves” by Glass Animals, which peaked at 63 during its initial release in the charts.

Among the most surprising songs to make the list was Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill”.

By the end of June, after part one of Stranger Things fourth season dropped on Netflix, the song spiralled to unexpected success.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

The Saturday Guardian – 31 December 2022

PRESSREADER - https://pressreader.com/article/282050511146764

p-47.thumb.jpg.f16e712640ed08a25ddad7d5e4223eb8.jpg

Stephen Mulhern

The presenter loves a bit of Swedish pop and somehow still isn’t sick of Mr Brightside, but which tune led to his face resembling a red balloon?

The song I stream most

I’m constantly playing Grace Kelly by Mika.

I was a guest on The Paul O’Grady Show with Lady Gaga, and Mika was backstage.

I said: “Are you on next?” and he said: “No, I’m just here with Gaga, we’re best mates.”

I don’t know why they didn’t have him on instead. I’d rather watch him than me!

I guess The Paul O’Grady Show was

https://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/638882/the-paul-ogrady-show-2009-04-20-basil-brush-lady-gaga-stephen-mulhern

Number: Season 2009, Episode 41
Airdate: Monday Apr 20, 2009 at 17:00
Runtime: 60 minutes

Stephen Mulhern

Lady Gaga

Paparazzi pics at that night.

https://www.justjared.com/2009/04/21/lady-gaga-gets-cheeky/

lady-gaga-cheeky-06.thumb.jpg.a7d80bb57afb3912c63b84d5f7cf6cb8.jpg

lady-gaga-cheeky-09.thumb.jpg.5d2ded4177139ce31fee5dd992ed43c0.jpg

lady-gaga-cheeky-13.thumb.jpg.c5b244245287bae8aa617cc11cd75071.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/19/2022 at 10:13 AM, Kumazzz said:

It's published in 2007 ! :doh:

Publication date - 
26 December 2007

The Pirate Loop

The Pirate Loop is a BBC Books original novel written by Simon Guerrier and based on the long-running science fiction television series Doctor Who.

It features the Tenth Doctor and Martha Jones. It was published on 26 December 2007 alongside Peacemaker and Wishing Well. It is also the second Tenth Doctor book to feature space pirates, after The Resurrection Casket.

👉 PDF file  ( 178 pages / 529 KB ) BBC_Dr.WHO_the_pirate_loop.pdf

1632011700_thepirateloop_Front.thumb.jpg.74f0e1dca4a2e6f66d2110b3ec3be9ea.jpg

This, thought Martha now as she ran to keep up with the Doctor, her hand held tightly in his, was what happened when you tried to force people to have a good time. She remembered a particularly miserable family holiday at some activity camp outside London, her big sister Tish falling for one of the creepy blokes that worked there. She shuddered. Even being sentenced to death by a city of daft robots wasn’t quite as terrifying as that place. For one thing, you couldn’t defeat creepy blokes by playing them songs from your iPod. ‘It’s funny,’ she said to the Doctor as they ducked and weaved between the dancing robots. ‘My brother hates this song.’ ‘What?’ said the Doctor, stopping in his tracks. He spun on the heel of his trainer, his long coat and silvery tie whirling around him, and swept a hand through his spiked and scruffy hair. ‘But this is a classic. Humans doing what you do, daring to be brown and blue and violet sky!’ He laughed. ‘I don’t even know what that means! See? Brilliant.’ Martha raised an eyebrow. With the robots still dancing around them, it didn’t seem the best time to indulge him. ‘Yeah, well,’ he said chastened, taking her hand and leading her on through the strange and metal street party, ‘you know I once saw Mika live in Denmark –’ ‘Yeah,’ said Martha wearily. ‘I was there too.’ He turned his wild, inquisitive eyes on her like he’d only just noticed her there. ‘That’s a coincidence!’ he said. ‘Funny how these things work out, innit?’ But his wide grin and enthusiasm were infectious; Martha found herself grinning back. They turned a corner and Martha felt her heart leap. At the end of the alleyway, beyond yet more cavorting robots, stood the TARDIS. They made their way through the last of the dancing robots. While the Doctor rummaged through deep pockets to find the TARDIS key, Martha looked back one last time on the city. Two small robots the size and shape of kitchen bins were dancing together, the same keen but clumsy routine she remembered from old school discos. She felt a sudden pang of sorrow for the silly machines. ‘But won’t they get bored with this song one day?’ she asked the Doctor.

‘Then they stay,’ said the Doctor. ‘But they have to choose.’ From the Brilliant’s speakers, a new pop song began. It took a moment for Martha to realise what it was, by which time she and the Doctor had already started dancing. ‘Grace Kelly!’ she laughed. ‘The song,’ the Doctor nodded, wheeling her around the floor. ‘Got it off your iPod. Thought you wouldn’t mind. Good old Mika.’

page 2

167641642_thepirateloop_p.2.thumb.jpg.c13176a1e305945e2cb77b7771d08cf5.jpg

P.167

725896112_thepirateloop_p_167.thumb.jpg.31eaf1b03753b392d617e164d8d281ed.jpg

1302983909_thepirateloop_Back.thumb.jpg.652e6fcb812b0ad3e66f7f4733187326.jpg

Are you a Doctor Who fan, too? I think DW has a similar style to Mika. Funny to see Mika mentioned in DW. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

Are you a Doctor Who fan, too? I think DW has a similar style to Mika. Funny to see Mika mentioned in DW. :lol:

And yet Mika said in an Instagram live once that he doesn't watch it! 😆

• 2 months later...

BBC Radio2

Dermot O’Leary

Sat 15 Oct 2022 08:00

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001cwk5

And for National Album Day, we play tracks from the greatest debut albums of all time.

Music Played

• Wham!

Young Guns (Go For It!)

• Wham - The Best Of Wham!.
    • Epic.
  • Céline Dion

LA VOIX DU BON DIEU

• dU SOLEIL AU COEUR.
    • PATHE MARCONI.
  • The Housemartins

Happy Hour

• Now That's What I Call Quite Good.
    • Go! Discs.
  • a‐ha

The Sun Always Shines on TV

• Fantastic 80's - 3 (Various Artists).
    • Sony Tv/Columbia.
  • Lady Blackbird

Feel It Comin

• Black Acid Soul (Deluxe Edition).
    • BMG Rights Management (UK).
  •  
    p01btpbd.jpg

MIKA

Grace Kelly

• (CD Single).
    • Casablanca.
  • Coldplay

Trouble

• (CD Single).
    • Parlophone.
  • Dermot Kennedy

Kiss Me

• (CD Single).
    • UMGRI Interscope.
  • The Charlatans

The Only One I Know

• Weekender - Various Artists.
    • Columbia.
  • KT Tunstall

Other Side of the World

• (CD Single).
    • Relentless Records.
  • Madonna

Borderline

• Celebration.
    • Warner Bros.
  • Bon Iver

For Emma

• CD SINGLE.
    • 4 A.D..
  • Luke Evans

Horizons Blue

• BMG.
  • Paloma Faith

New York

• (CD Single).
    • Epic.
  • Robbie Williams

Let Me Entertain You

• Now 39 (Various Artists).
    • Now.
  • Tom Chaplin

Overshoot

• Midpoint.
    • BMG Rights Management (UK).
  • Florence + the Machine

Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)

• Now That's What I Call Music! 73 (Various Artists).
    • Now.
  • Charlene

I've Never Been To Me

• The 1975

I'm In Love With You

• Being Funny In A Foreign Language.
    • Dirty Hit.
  • Supergrass

Mansize Rooster

• Parlophone.
  • The Killers

Andy You're a Star

• Hot Fuss.
    • Virgin.

BBCRadio2-DermotOLearyLukeEvansjoinsDermotforNationalAlbumDay.thumb.png.555770f1f48431b3c53905e16dac5b93.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1