Hello, MFC!

FinnickOdairStan

Hi! I'm new! I'm not sure what to write...I'm 30+ years old, on the Autism Spectrum. I like to read and write and call myself a 'genderfluid nerd'. My pronouns are ze/zim/zir and they are still pretty new to me, so if they are new to you, that is fine! I'm not an expert, but I am always happy to help others navigate neopronouns! The first time I heard a MIKA song was in an Old Navy store. This particular store that I used to shop at when I lived nearby, played the "Popular Song" version with Ariana Grande a lot and one day, I looked it up online, because I was curious about this song that played all the time in the store, and found out it was by a singer named MIKA and also around the same time, my cousin was listening to "Lollipop" when we would walk to the library together, though she has no memory of singing that song. She did say that it sounded vaguely familiar, though when I mentioned it more recently. But I didn't really actually start listening to MIKA's music until I got an Amazon music subscription and I don't even remember how, but I ended up listening to My Name Is Michael Holbrook soon after starting my subscription, and was immediately wanting to hear all the songs he's ever made. It took me awhile to join the fanclub, though, because I was trying to figure out a good display name this whole time, but now I'm here! :)

• Like 8

7 hours ago, FinnickOdairStan said:

Hi! I'm new! I'm not sure what to write...I'm 30+ years old, on the Autism Spectrum. I like to read and write and call myself a 'genderfluid nerd'. My pronouns are ze/zim/zir and they are still pretty new to me, so if they are new to you, that is fine! I'm not an expert, but I am always happy to help others navigate neopronouns! The first time I heard a MIKA song was in an Old Navy store. This particular store that I used to shop at when I lived nearby, played the "Popular Song" version with Ariana Grande a lot and one day, I looked it up online, because I was curious about this song that played all the time in the store, and found out it was by a singer named MIKA and also around the same time, my cousin was listening to "Lollipop" when we would walk to the library together, though she has no memory of singing that song. She did say that it sounded vaguely familiar, though when I mentioned it more recently. But I didn't really actually start listening to MIKA's music until I got an Amazon music subscription and I don't even remember how, but I ended up listening to My Name Is Michael Holbrook soon after starting my subscription, and was immediately wanting to hear all the songs he's ever made. It took me awhile to join the fanclub, though, because I was trying to figure out a good display name this whole time, but now I'm here! :)

Hello and welcome to the MFC. Have a lot of fun here :welcomeani: 

Maybe you are interested in this thread:

and some others in this section:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/18-members-chat/

Enjoy the place! :wink2:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FinnickOdairStan said:

Welcome and have fun in the MFC! I’m Lindsey from Indiana USA. I’m pretty sure that, if I think about it, my first introduction to MIKA was hearing Rain and Talk About You playing in stores but I had no idea who was singing them until years later. I kept meaning to look them up but never did. Nice to “meet” you! See you around the site!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 3:52 AM, kreacher said:

Welcome to the MFC :bye:
Awesome they played his music in a store in the USA :o I love hearing stories of people randomly discovering Mika this way!

They’ve been playing “Grace Kelly”’a few times a week at my work (grocery store) the last few months! The first time, it was when I was really upset about losing my phone! It felt like the Universe was trying to cheer me up :)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...