2022 : Mika @ History, Toronto - 13 April REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

This was the first show by any artist I’ve seen since plague times, and wow. He was amazing. It was SO GOOD to be at a Mika show again. That feeling of camaraderie with total strangers is something I missed so much :wub2:

He performed a new song, “Modern Times”:

https://youtu.be/cQCS7htKNnc

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

9 minutes ago, lollipop_monkey said:

This was the first show by any artist I’ve seen since plague times, and wow. He was amazing. It was SO GOOD to be at a Mika show again. That feeling of camaraderie with total strangers is something I missed so much :wub2:

Thank you SO MUCH for recording this and putting it out there for the world to hear and see!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, lollipop_monkey said:

Hi you! 😁 Thank you for the video!!!

• Like 2

• Kumazzz changed the title to 2022 : Mika @ History, Toronto - 13 April REPORTS/PICS/VIDS
1 hour ago, lollipop_monkey said:

Bless you from the bottom of my heart :bow: :flowers2: :hug:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cantarelika said:

I'm not even attracted men but in-person Mika may be the most beautiful human I've ever laid eyes on in my life. 

:yeah:  So true!

• Like 4

@Mikasister can you please add the links to the original content on Instagram? Or at least the profile name, if it's a story that will disappear after a few hours. I know it's annoying that the forum software doesn't embed the IG posts automatically, but if you download and re-upload the content here, please at least link to the original, or give credit to the author in some way. Thanks. The clip of Modern Times is Nina's, I think?

7 hours ago, lollipop_monkey said:

Thank you so much for sharing the video !  🙏

Ok, this is interesting - he can change the black suit to the design with the organs, and he does that during OOL, also pretending to stab himself:

Not sure what he wants to tell by doing this during this song in particular... it's not about a painful love, like Overrated - but maybe he refers to the time when he has written it? Or maybe he wants to say that love always is painful, even if it's a beautiful love that is like the air you breathe? Or that love leaves you feeling "open", very vulnerable, if you love you can get hurt? What do you think? Especially those who were at the gigs, did it become clearer there?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mellody said:

@Mikasister can you please add the links to the original content on Instagram? Or at least the profile name, if it's a story that will disappear after a few hours. I know it's annoying that the forum software doesn't embed the IG posts automatically, but if you download and re-upload the content here, please at least link to the original, or give credit to the author in some way. Thanks. The clip of Modern Times is Nina's, I think?

I think so :wink2:

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Ok, this is interesting - he can change the black suit to the design with the organs, and he does that during OOL, also pretending to stab himself:

This is so spectacular, I love that suit! :wub2:  Thanks for posting!

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Or that love leaves you feeling "open", very vulnerable

This is my guess, and he did that stabbing gesture before during OOL, from what I remember :wink2:

• Like 1

What an amazing show!!!! This was my first Mika show (and my third concert since live music has come back) and wow, what an exhilarating experience. I really loved feeling the camaraderie and solidarity with the other concert-goers, how FRIENDLY everyone was, how excited we all were to be there...It was surreal to see Mika perform songs I've listened to since high school and see how phenomenal of a performer he is. His energy is incredible!!! I also loved him speaking to us between songs and his stories and quick wit. The whole experience was just amazing.

Another really lovely part: I went alone but made friends with the person in front of me and we spent the whole concert together. My new friend only moved to Toronto within the last year and decided to go see Mika since she loved him for years and never had the opportunity to see him in her home country. We spoke for hours in the queue and waiting for the show to start, got food together after the show, and I drove us back together because we found out we live in the same area. We've been texting throughout today and plan to hang out again soon!

I think I would have been much more reluctant to reach out and make that connection if not for MFC. The last few months I've spent here solidified my assumption that fans of someone as kind and welcoming as Mika would embody the same traits. Interacting with you all and reading your posts made me excited to seek out friends at the show. So even if we've never spoken directly, thank you for being here and sharing your positive energy.

I'm a terrible photographer but I got a nice one of him at the piano. I've attached a clip of him singing Ice Cream too. 🍦💘

20220413_212633.jpg

Edited by eyedimple
  • Like 10

14 hours ago, cantarelika said:

And says that he's written not one album since this time last year, but TWO albums and a film soundtrack! 

I almost passed out on the spot when I heard this out of excitement!!! He certainly had a productive lockdown...much more than me :lmfao: I'm glad you chose to go and had a great time!

• Like 1

More clips from Instagram, from Nina and MFC (Deb):

We Are Golden, by Nina:

talk before Modern Times, by Nina:

talk about the Rite of Spring, by Nina (2 videos):

Tomorrow, by Deb:

part of Ice Cream, by Deb:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, eyedimple said:

What an amazing show!!!! This was my first Mika show (and my third concert since live music has come back) and wow, what an exhilarating experience. I really loved feeling the camaraderie and solidarity with the other concert-goers, how FRIENDLY everyone was, how excited we all were to be there...It was surreal to see Mika perform songs I've listened to since high school and see how phenomenal of a performer he is. His energy is incredible!!! I also loved him speaking to us between songs and his stories and quick wit. The whole experience was just amazing.

Another really lovely part: I went alone but made friends with the person in front of me and we spent the whole concert together. My new friend only moved to Toronto within the last year and decided to go see Mika since she loved him for years and never had the opportunity to see him in her home country. We spoke for hours in the queue and waiting for the show to start, got food together after the show, and I drove us back together because we found out we live in the same area. We've been texting throughout today and plan to hang out again soon!

I think I would have been much more reluctant to reach out and make that connection if not for MFC. The last few months I've spent here solidified my assumption that fans of someone as kind and welcoming as Mika would embody the same traits. Interacting with you all and reading your posts made me excited to seek out friends at the show. So even if we've never spoken directly, thank you for being here and sharing your positive energy.

I'm a terrible photographer but I got a nice one of him at the piano. I've attached a clip of him singing Ice Cream too. 🍦💘

20220413_212633.jpg

I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet!

But I'm so glad you had a positive experience -- and that your first Mika show was such a good one!

Because this show was amazing, for sure! I'll have more to say soon -- I'm just back from Toronto, and busy getting ready for Easter.

But I have a LOT to say about this new tour!

• Like 5