Hello from Bari, Italy

SusanT

Hello, my name is Susan. I’m American but I’ve spent most of my life in Italy. I’ve been a member of MFC for only a few months. I became a fan of Mika in 2020 after watching him as a judge on X Factor Italy and checking out videos of his songs and performances (especially Sinfonia Pop) on Youtube.  I was so pleased when I found out that he chose Bari as one of the 6 cities for his shows in Italy!  Going to see him in September. 😊

I want to thank everyone who has contributed photos, links, translations (from French), info etc  to the website. You’ve made it more fun to be a Mika fan!

• Like 5

Hello Susan and welcome to the MFC :welcomeani:Have a lot of fun here and enjoy his concert in September!  :wink2: If you want to know more italian fans, here you are the italian thread:

Welcome to MFC Susan :huglove:

It's wonderful that Mìka is coming to your city :yay:Mìka's first concert is totally unbelievable and you'll never forget it :wub2: It's even better than anything you imagine when you watch his concerts on youtube or on TV.

I've been a fan since 2007 and loving him more and more as time goes by as he is always evolving and his music too, even his classics sound different because he always changes them a bit  or adds something special to the song.

You might enjoy this thread with special versions of his songs 

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/30851-mika-rare-video-treasures-for-newbies-and-others/page/10/#comments

I wish you a fantastic first Mika concert :hug:

I am French and I plan to see him in Carcassonne,  London and Florence hopefully :pray: I have the ticks anyway and I hope it all works out :crossed:

The thing is once you start going to his concerts you become even more Mikadicted which is wonderful and "all you want is more" :wink2:

Have you watched Coachella last night? I love him even more since :wub2: He still amazes me even though I have been his fan as soon as I saw Grace Kelly video on TV in 2007:swoon:

Have fun with us here :group_hug: and ask if you need any help around the forum :wink2:

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 9:58 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

Welcome to MFC Susan :huglove:

It's wonderful that Mìka is coming to your city :yay:Mìka's first concert is totally unbelievable and you'll never forget it :wub2: It's even better than anything you imagine when you watch his concerts on youtube or on TV.

I've been a fan since 2007 and loving him more and more as time goes by as he is always evolving and his music too, even his classics sound different because he always changes them a bit  or adds something special to the song.

You might enjoy this thread with special versions of his songs 

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/30851-mika-rare-video-treasures-for-newbies-and-others/page/10/#comments

I wish you a fantastic first Mika concert :hug:

I am French and I plan to see him in Carcassonne,  London and Florence hopefully :pray: I have the ticks anyway and I hope it all works out :crossed:

The thing is once you start going to his concerts you become even more Mikadicted which is wonderful and "all you want is more" :wink2:

Have you watched Coachella last night? I love him even more since :wub2: He still amazes me even though I have been his fan as soon as I saw Grace Kelly video on TV in 2007:swoon:

Have fun with us here :group_hug: and ask if you need any help around the forum :wink2:

I'm not sure if I'm answering in the right place! 

Anyway, yes, I did watch Coachella (wish it had been longer!) and thanks for the thread you suggested. I've been checking out lots of past videos and had watched "When I see an elephant fly" but not some of the others listed.

I've noticed that some non-Italian fans are coming to Rome, Verona and you mentioned Florence too.  I wonder if any fans might be interested in coming to Bari. (Matera, where some scenes of the latest James Bond film were shot, is about an hour away.) You can fly direct to Bari from lots of West and East European cities.

On 4/16/2022 at 8:28 PM, Mikasister said:

Hello Susan and welcome to the MFC :welcomeani:Have a lot of fun here and enjoy his concert in September!  :wink2: If you want to know more italian fans, here you are the italian thread:

Thanks for telling me about the Italian thread

On 4/22/2022 at 2:35 PM, linzijay said:

Hello and welcome to the MFC! I‘m Lindsey from Indiana USA. Nice to meet you!

My mom and dad were from southern Indiana!

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, SusanT said:

My mom and dad were from southern Indiana (Evansville and Otwell)!

How very cool! I’m from the northern part but I have aunts and uncles who live not to far from Evansville. What a big yet small world :original:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/23/2022 at 2:09 AM, SusanT said:

I'm not sure if I'm answering in the right place! 

Anyway, yes, I did watch Coachella (wish it had been longer!) and thanks for the thread you suggested. I've been checking out lots of past videos and had watched "When I see an elephant fly" but not some of the others listed.

I've noticed that some non-Italian fans are coming to Rome, Verona and you mentioned Florence too.  I wonder if any fans might be interested in coming to Bari. (Matera, where some scenes of the latest James Bond film were shot, is about an hour away.) You can fly direct to Bari from lots of West and East European cities.

Hello Susan, I only now see your post on the forum; welcome to MFC! :welcomeani:

In response to your question of whether any non-Italian fans are coming to Bari... I am from the Netherlands and will hopefully get on a plane in September to see Mika in Bari. I am really looking forward to it!

I haven't planned everything yet, but I will probably stay a week and enjoy the surroundings with my mother (besides the concert). So if you have any tips, they are certainly welcome  I have already made a note of Matera. :thumb_yello: And maybe we can meet (with some other fans) before one of the two concert days; after all, we have the luxury of fixed seats, so we don't have to queue for hours.

7 hours ago, ~Wicky~ said:

Hello Susan, I only now see your post on the forum; welcome to MFC! :welcomeani:

In response to your question of whether any non-Italian fans are coming to Bari... I am from the Netherlands and will hopefully get on a plane in September to see Mika in Bari. I am really looking forward to it!

I haven't planned everything yet, but I will probably stay a week and enjoy the surroundings with my mother (besides the concert). So if you have any tips, they are certainly welcome  I have already made a note of Matera. :thumb_yello: And maybe we can meet (with some other fans) before one of the two concert days; after all, we have the luxury of fixed seats, so we don't have to queue for hours.

Glad someone from the Fan Club is coming! 😊  I'll try to think of some tips.  My husband and I have tickets for the Petruzzelli concert although watching the videos of Mika's gigs these past weeks makes me want to go to the Palaflorio too.

It would be fun to get together with you and other fans!  Let's see if we can work it out.

• 5 months later...