Yo Yo - Song and Lyrics Discussion

mellody

7 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Same here! :wub2:

Makes me want to dance all the time, really hoping Mika sings it at the London gig, I don't just want to jump up and down I want to actually dance!

Is it odd that I also find the song somewhat relaxing? 😅

I find it relaxing as well too :wink2: It has a happy hypnotizing effect on me 

Like it makes my body wants to dance and it soothes my brain at the same time 

I can't wait to hear it live :excite:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I don’t think anything Mika does is by accident. I think this is exactly the song he wanted to bring out and was meeting the record label for. It was played after the gigs in North America, even before he had a meeting with the label. So who knows :wink2:

It's the record label that always makes the choice, it's a rule. Only if you're an independent artist, you can decide for yourself. 

Choosing the lead single is a key decision because it builds up anticipation for the upcoming album, usually it's a powerful song written for the core listeners ( think at his first two albums). But his record label gave up on him long time ago, it's not new. I wish he would have a say on this, but I have my doubts.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 4

El 13/5/2022 a las 10:00, dcdeb dijo:

No sé si alguien se dio cuenta, ¡pero hay una nueva camiseta de Yo-yo en la tienda de Mika!

YOYOTEE.png?v=1652218865

https://shopus.mikasounds.com/products/yo-yo-tee

Hola, quiero decir que hasta ahora no tengo ningún artículo de mika, como sus camisetas o álbumes. Y luego me quedo con la duda si el album del MNIMH costaba $14 dolares o $14 pesos mexicanos (espero que se haya traducido bien el mensaje, soy latina)Screenshot_20220514-114824_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a36daeed433e5cb15ee3dd28ef178db9.jpg

11 minutes ago, KAMI_83 said:

Hello, I want to say that until now I don't have any items from mika, like his t-shirts or albums. And then I am left with the doubt if the MNIMH album cost $14 dollars or $14 Mexican pesos (I hope the message has been translated correctly, I am Latina)Screenshot_20220514-114824_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a36daeed433e5cb15ee3dd28ef178db9.jpg

If you do buy the CD from the Mika US store you will be charged in US Dollars, $14 is roughly 281.49 Mexican pesos. 😊

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KAMI_83 said:

Hola, quiero decir que hasta ahora no tengo ningún artículo de mika, como sus camisetas o álbumes. Y luego me quedo con la duda si el album del MNIMH costaba $14 dolares o $14 pesos mexicanos (espero que se haya traducido bien el mensaje, soy latina)Screenshot_20220514-114824_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a36daeed433e5cb15ee3dd28ef178db9.jpg

I think those are American dollars 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Si compras el CD en la tienda de Mika en EE. UU., se te cobrará en dólares estadounidenses, $14 son aproximadamente 281,49 pesos mexicanos. 😊

Thank you !!! Because I thought it was 14 Mexican pesos, which in the US is equivalent to almost a dollar:roll1:

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 3:28 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

For the upcoming music video I think it will either be Mika singing the song in a club like setting with low lights, with more of a focus of him on a stage perhaps, and Mika looking out across a crowded dance floor while keeping eye contact with the person who treats him like a yo-yo...

Or

Possibly an animated music video using the 8 bit style artwork to create a a pixel Mika (or other character) that walks through the colourful Yo Yo background, similar to a Super Mario platformer game, where the character has to jump in various places to collect things, the music video could have someone collecting yo-yos! 😁

The fact that he has already named the director, Robert Hales, makes me believe that it will not be an animated video. I'm pretty sure it's going to be "live action." I can't wait to see it! :mikalove:

• Like 5

It's not the kind of song I like too much. I don't see it as special like others Mika has done. It's a song that does not excite me.But why can't I stop singing the chorus? I have it in my head all day. It is really a catchy song, ideal for dancing at the disco or wathever you want. if Mika made it for that purpose he has really achieved it. :yes:

Take me high, high, high, take me low, low low...  See... in my head while writing this :doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

And the lyrics are easier than others for a person that doesn not speak english. For me Dear Jealousy or Good Gone girl were difficult to sing, maybe because Mika sings them fast but finally got it. :winner_first_h4h:

Can you guess what song I'm listening to on repeat while I'm writing? :naughty:

• Haha 3

I can't stop playing this song! It's midnight and I should be sleeping but it's going round and round in my head so I just want to dance. 

Help? Nah, don't bother. Da da da, da da daa, da da daa da da... :groovy:

(P.S. We need a yoyo emoji now). :lol3:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hero said:

I can't stop playing this song! It's midnight and I should be sleeping but it's going round and round in my head so I just want to dance. 

We do :excite:https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.gifer.com%2F78R0.gif&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fgifer.com%2Ffr%2Fgifs%2Fyoyo&docid=5WRDO7RkhxOUKM&tbnid=4tDRf5h2vlEUiM&vet=1&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim

On 5/16/2022 at 1:03 AM, Hero said:

oh yees the same for me!!! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, silver said:

I'd happily buy this single if only Amazon would accept my card - but it just doesn't like me

@silver noo poor you my friend... try to download it from youtube ..

Edited by Paoletta

4 hours ago, silver said:

I'd happily buy this single if only Amazon would accept my card - but it just doesn't like me

I had the same problem Silver. I ended up buying a ten euros gift card for amazon online (with the same credit card) and I put it on my amazon account and I was able to buy it this way.

I knew I'd heard Mika's "Da-da-da, da-da-da da-da da-da-da" part of Yo Yo somewhere else! 

Listen to the very beginning of this song, Head and Heart by Joel Corry ft MNEK:

Now go and listen to the end of Yo Yo!

I'm not saying they're exactly the same but the parts are very VERY similar!

On 5/20/2022 at 12:53 PM, Mikasister said:

I CAN'T STOP singing it. The song has clearly possessed me because I'm singing it all day. I don't know what happened to me if it wasn't a song of my taste. :facepalm:

Pure Mika magic :wub2: If I don't listen to it for a while I feel like something is wrong then I listen to it and I feel complete again :wub2: And the kids danse away each time I play it (top loud on repeat)  It has got to be Mika's best earworm ever :lmfao:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 2