Eurovision Watch Party

So I had an Idea to do a watch together/group watch for Eurovison both for people outside of Europe and just those who Don't normally watch Eurovision (Like me) but are planning to this year 

I wasn't originally going to post it here as I wasn't sure how many would be interested 

There's Several sites I know that can screen share or Host Watch Parties, Discord, Invited.TV watch2gether and more, im planning to do more research to see which is best 

Sorry if this is the wrong section 

• Like 3

Just a small update having looked though various sites Discord and watch2gether still seem the best discord needs an account tho but would be able to watch ethier the BBC or YouTube version as it has screen share. Watch2gether seems to have popup ads but you don't need an account  and would only support YouTube 

There might be better options that I don't know about yet as I'm still looking 

Kosmi looks useful as well

I also want to say I'll probably only do the watch party for the final and not the semis but it depends how many are interested

Edited by BeccaStardust

On 4/28/2022 at 2:37 PM, BeccaStardust said:

So I had an Idea to do a watch together/group watch for Eurovison both for people outside of Europe and just those who Don't normally watch Eurovision (Like me) but are planning to this year 

I wasn't originally going to post it here as I wasn't sure how many would be interested 

There's Several sites I know that can screen share or Host Watch Parties, Discord, Invited.TV watch2gether and more, im planning to do more research to see which is best 

Sorry if this is the wrong section 

Actually we usually watch it and comment on it here, in the Eurovision thread.  But if you can get people interested, go ahead.

23 minutes ago, silver said:

Actually we usually watch it and comment on it here, in the Eurovision thread.  But if you can get people interested, go ahead.

Yeah I understand that but for people who don't normally watch and are only watching for Mika I thought it was a good idea. I know personally of I go into the thread I'll feel lost since I don't normally watch 

Maybe I'm wrong tho and no many will want to join since you already have something 

just so people know

I am hoping to use the BBC version for the Watch along but if people would prefer the youtube version without Graham Norton's commentary let me know 

I'm happy to do whichever people prefer 

So I decided to try and test things today to see how they worked on Discord but there seems to be issues that arn't allowing people to to hear properlly so trying the non account sites and Hoping they work ect

If anyone wants to help test let me know 

Edit

Doing another test  tomorrow 7:30 or 8pm BST on Discord just incase it was a small issue 

Let me know if you can help 

Edited by BeccaStardust
I didn't want to post agian

Thanks for doing this, Becca! I think it worked pretty well and look forward to watching with more of you Thursday and Saturday!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Thanks for doing this, Becca! I think it worked pretty well and look forward to watching with more of you Thursday and Saturday!

Yes that was nice. It wasn't super smooth but at least the sound was. 

• Like 1

I wait for tomorrow evening and Saturday to see the duet Mika and Laura Pausini and on Saturday to hear and see Mika's madley and finally listen to the new song:thumb_yello::cheer::mikalove::squirrel::mika3:

@BeccaStardust 

Hallmark Ecards Thank You GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Thank you for hosting the Eurovision watch party this week. It was my first time watching Eurovision and I absolutely enjoyed Mika cohosting.  The finale today and Mika‘s performance was absolutely fabulous. Thank you again. ❤️😘

Edited by MaureenG
  • Like 2