2022 - Theatre du Palais Municipal, Saguenay - 28 April 2022 - REPORTS / PICS / VIDEOS

Kumazzz

On 5/1/2022 at 9:17 PM, Prisca said:

Half of the active MFCers already know anyway. :naughty:

I was on the same plane as Mika from Montreal to Zurich.

I asked the flight attendant to give Mika a note in first class, which she actually did. :fangurl:

And Mika even wrote me a really nice message back. :o:swoon:

However, you ignore something of the story. :original:

I knew that Mika was going to Turin the day after the concert. I didn't know how, but I knew there was a possibility that I might see him at the airport. But I was quite down the same morning (I won't go into details now) and I didn't actually expect to see Mika that day but it did happened. I was surprised, but I always knew that there was a possibility, but I didn't really believe in it, so Mika's message definitely made my day. 🥰 But there was something I had not expected at all. All of a sudden, the flight attendant I had asked to give Mika the note arrived in my train compartment from Zurich main station to Chur. It wouldn't have been so surprising if it had been a train from Zurich Airport to Zurich main station, but this? Zurich main station is not exactly small and there are a lot of trains and then she just comes on my train in my compartment? :jawdrop: She comes into my compartment and says "hello again". And I, um :blush::baghead: "thank you again". I'm actually not that bad at recognising faces, but I wouldn't have recognised her because I hadn't expected to see her again. I knew there was a pretty good chance she'd go all the way to the end of the line (so I had 75 minutes to decide whether to explain to her why I was giving someone a note to first class). I mean, I don't normally ask the flight attendant to give someone something in first class. But what would you have done if you knew Mika was on the same plane as you and followed him on tour for a month? I couldn't just do nothing. :dunno_grin:I though do know that flight attendants have other things to do than fulfil special requests from crazy people in economy class. 🙈 So after about an hour I went to her and explained everything. Me: "I think I have to explain to you why I did that." She: "You don't have to". Me: "Ok, but I want to". I explained to her that he was a singer and that I had followed him on tour for a month. She: "Yes, I know he's a singer." So they had checked (she and the person in charge of first class) who he was and if he might know me. They had the impression that we knew each other, otherwise they wouldn't have given him the note. So I was lucky there. :original: She then asked me if he knew me: "I said I was usually in the front row, so he should actually know me." She: "He wrote back though, didn't he?" Me: "Yes, he did, but I wasn't sure he would." Sometimes I am just too honest. 🙈

Oh man, quite a few coincidences within a few hours. :insane:

If you had seen that in a film, you would surely have said: "Sure, how unrealistic. First she's on the same plane with her favourite pop star and then she also meets the flight attendant on the train." :lol3:

But as you can see, I can say from my own experience that such things really do happen in real life. 😅

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

We don't have a lot of videos from this gig? I really wanted to watch underwater and his interaction with the kid

I've videos of almost the whole concert (page 1 :wink2:). Didn't have enough saving space in the end (in the middle of We Are Golden).

Edited by Prisca
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I've videos of almost the whole concert (page 1 :wink2:). Didn't have enough saving space in the end (in the middle of We Are Golden).

Oooh I missed all these videos :doh:Thank you so much for sharing them. I've literally been searching everyday on YouTube to see if anyone has posted Underwater. It was an adorable moment :cloud: 

Thank you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

Oooh I missed all these videos :doh:Thank you so much for sharing them. I've literally been searching everyday on YouTube to see if anyone has posted Underwater. It was an adorable moment :cloud: 

Thank you!

Yes, I filmed "Underwater", but with my video you mostly only see the boy, not what it looked like with the audience. :mellow:

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 11:48 PM, Prisca said:

However, you ignore something of the story. :original:

I knew that Mika was going to Turin the day after the concert. I didn't know how, but I knew there was a possibility that I might see him at the airport. But I was quite down the same morning (I won't go into details now) and I didn't actually expect to see Mika that day but it did happened. I was surprised, but I always knew that there was a possibility, but I didn't really believe in it, so Mika's message definitely made my day. 🥰 But there was something I had not expected at all. All of a sudden, the flight attendant I had asked to give Mika the note arrived in my train compartment from Zurich main station to Chur. It wouldn't have been so surprising if it had been a train from Zurich Airport to Zurich main station, but this? Zurich main station is not exactly small and there are a lot of trains and then she just comes on my train in my compartment? :jawdrop: She comes into my compartment and says "hello again". And I, um :blush::baghead: "thank you again". I'm actually not that bad at recognising faces, but I wouldn't have recognised her because I hadn't expected to see her again. I knew there was a pretty good chance she'd go all the way to the end of the line (so I had 75 minutes to decide whether to explain to her why I was giving someone a note to first class). I mean, I don't normally ask the flight attendant to give someone something in first class. But what would you have done if you knew Mika was on the same plane as you and followed him on tour for a month? I couldn't just do nothing. :dunno_grin:I though do know that flight attendants have other things to do than fulfil special requests from crazy people in economy class. 🙈 So after about an hour I went to her and explained everything. Me: "I think I have to explain to you why I did that." She: "You don't have to". Me: "Ok, but I want to". I explained to her that he was a singer and that I had followed him on tour for a month. She: "Yes, I know he's a singer." So they had checked (she and the person in charge of first class) who he was and if he might know me. They had the impression that we knew each other, otherwise they wouldn't have given him the note. So I was lucky there. :original: She then asked me if he knew me: "I said I was usually in the front row, so he should actually know me." She: "He wrote back though, didn't he?" Me: "Yes, he did, but I wasn't sure he would." Sometimes I am just too honest. 🙈

Oh man, quite a few coincidences within a few hours. :insane:

If you had seen that in a film, you would surely have said: "Sure, how unrealistic. First she's on the same plane with her favourite pop star and then she also meets the flight attendant on the train." :lol3:

But as you can see, I can say from my own experience that such things really do happen in real life. 😅

Incredible story, Prisca. Incredible!

But you what? I believe you :lol: :thumb_yello::cheer:

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2022 at 2:10 PM, Prisca said:

when he thinks about Eurovision must he always think of Will Ferrell, sorry, i didn't get it...

I'm still catching up to all the videos - thanks so much for making and sharing them, @Prisca!

I totally get the Will Ferrell reference, because that's what I initially thought of when I heard that Mika would be hosting ESC. :lol3: Will Ferrell played a comedy role a few years ago as an aspiring Icelandic pop singer who gets chosen to compete in ESC, and it was probably one of the most over-the-top movies of his that I'd seen in a while (think Blades of Glory or Zoolander). I can't exactly recommend the movie, although it does have some priceless moments in it, and a lovely Icelandic song toward the end. But I am guessing this is what Mika was referring to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Aki Celeste said:

I'm still catching up to all the videos - thanks so much for making and sharing them, @Prisca!

I totally get the Will Ferrell reference, because that's what I initially thought of when I heard that Mika would be hosting ESC. :lol3: Will Ferrell played a comedy role a few years ago as an aspiring Icelandic pop singer who gets chosen to compete in ESC, and it was probably one of the most over-the-top movies of his that I'd seen in a while (think Blades of Glory or Zoolander). I can't exactly recommend the movie, although it does have some priceless moments in it, and a lovely Icelandic song toward the end. But I am guessing this is what Mika was referring to.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Aki Celeste said:

I totally get the Will Ferrell reference, because that's what I initially thought of when I heard that Mika would be hosting ESC. :lol3: 

Will Ferrell's song was Jaja, Mika's song its' Yo-yo, quite close :teehee:

57 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I see there's Pierce Brosnan there, I need to watch this movie! :original:

• Haha 3

• mellody changed the title to 2022 - Théatre du Palais Municipal, Saguenay - 28 April 2022 - REPORTS / PICS / VIDEOS
  • 11 months later...

INSTAGRAM

iseleylaura

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrwOWrFAZYV/

Day 28 of Life on Tour with MIKA:

a remote little town in northern Quebec was the final host of this tour’s ‘tiny love’ 💗

Despite taking several hours to access this spot on the map, I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the venue and the number of people who travelled to this final destination.

Only one bouquet of flowers was available in the whole city, and so we made do with just those. I think it was also about $90 too, since flowers this far north were extremely expensive to both find and import. A drastic change from the bouquets that littered the venue floors in California.

The stage was by far the most unique one we had encountered, and my little adventure exploring it with Mika was one of my favorite things that I had filmed all month.

I spent most of the concert just enjoying the songs one last time, trying to soak up every last second.

But what I truly cherished was getting to hang with the band and Mika after the show 🥂 Before we all parted ways.

There’s one final coming-home vlog tomorrow, where I’ll try to sum things up more tightly. But for now, enjoy this final concert

TikTok

Day 28 of Life on Tour with MIKA: a remote little town in northern Quebec was the final host of this tour’s ‘tiny love’ 💗

Despite taking several hours to access this spot on the map, I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the venue and the number of people who travelled to this final destination.

Only one bouquet of flowers was available in the whole city, and so

• Like 1

• dcdeb changed the title to 2022 - Theatre du Palais Municipal, Saguenay - 28 April 2022 - REPORTS / PICS / VIDEOS