2 JULY 2022: Look Out London! MFC 15th Anniversary Party

dcdeb

4 hours ago, silver said:

We've actually done username badges before for other meet-ups, but just paper ones to stick on your clothes.  If you wanted something more permanent, I think it would have to be an MFC badge with a place to add your name.

Yes! In Paris we had sticky paper ones 🙂

I thought about a pin because I think it is nicer to put on even at concerts but even a badge can perfectly work! 😋

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 1:05 AM, Serendipity said:

Yes! In Paris we had sticky paper ones 🙂

I thought about a pin because I think it is nicer to put on even at concerts but even a badge can perfectly work! 😋

I just looked at the Chinese online shopping website Tao Bao,the machine to create the pin various different prices from thirty CNY to hundreds max and it's not difficult to use!

CNY:GBP is 1: 0.124 and if u buy a lot of things shipping together,the ship fees would not be so expensive and I actually also need to buy something from China so in case u really need that machine to make the MIKA pin/badges,please let me know soon,thank you!🙏🙏🙏

https://m.tb.cn/h.fx5XIWu?tk=6Q652KKorAL

Screenshot_2022-07-11-09-34-37-115_com.taobao.taobao.thumb.jpg.c1436ced702a030e8d2a06a007d8defc.jpg

https://m.tb.cn/h.fwiBvO1?tk=uJ0I2KKrYXE

Screenshot_2022-07-11-09-43-34-205_com.taobao.taobao.thumb.jpg.5784984c841df73907e05ec2dc51747d.jpg

Edited by Mayli

1 hour ago, Mayli said:

I just looked at the Chinese online shopping website Tao Bao,the machine to create the pin various different prices from thirty CNY to hundreds max and it's not difficult to use!

CNY:GBP is 1: 0.124 and if u buy a lot of things shipping together,the ship fees would not be so expensive and I actually also need to buy something from China so in case u really need that machine to make the MIKA pin/badges,please let me know soon,thank you!🙏🙏🙏

Screenshot_2022-07-11-09-34-37-115_com.taobao.taobao.thumb.jpg.c1436ced702a030e8d2a06a007d8defc.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-11-09-43-34-205_com.taobao.taobao.thumb.jpg.5784984c841df73907e05ec2dc51747d.jpg

Thanks for the offer Mayli, but the Mods need to discuss it first.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, silver said:

Thanks for the offer Mayli, but the Mods need to discuss it first.

Of course!U need someone to draw and design for the background of the pin so every time we only change the name for different members when making their pins.🙏🙏🙏

Edited by Mayli

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Maybe something like this would be easier, and probably cheaper too 🤔

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Customcard-Chalkboard-Reusable-Badges-Badgewithmagnet/dp/B082Y777J8

Actually u can also find the same one on the Chinese online shopping website Tao Bao which must be cheaper but this one seems too simple and not much design,I don't know who else think about this😉

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Maybe something like this would be easier, and probably cheaper too 🤔

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Customcard-Chalkboard-Reusable-Badges-Badgewithmagnet/dp/B082Y777J8

HAhAH yes! surely easier and quicker!

But I'd like to have something with MFC logo on (so nice and colorful!) to better identify our origin (of love :P )  :wub2:

Anyway, let's listen to the mods :)  

Kisses to everyone!!! :cloud:

20220702_194104.jpg

20220702_214718.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2022 at 3:35 PM, Serendipity said:

HAhAH yes! surely easier and quicker!

But I'd like to have something with MFC logo on (so nice and colorful!) to better identify our origin (of love :P )  :wub2:

Anyway, let's listen to the mods :)  

Kisses to everyone!!! :cloud:

20220702_194104.jpg

20220702_214718.jpg

Aaww that second photo is fantastic! The joy sparks off the screen!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally! I have the chance to catch up with my reading. I've been wanting to get back to this thread for weeks! Anyway...

On 7/6/2022 at 4:36 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am very happy to have spent this evening with everybody :cloud:

And here is Deb's speech .

Oh dear. I was afraid someone had recorded it. :blush: Public speaking is not my forte! But thanks, Anna!

On 7/8/2022 at 8:04 AM, Mayli said:

Wish maybe we have more different kinds of gatherings in the future haha 😆👍Not only once a year and maybe we can go for different gathering event as well?🙏😁

We do try to have more gatherings, @Mayli -- but obviously the last few years especially it's been difficult (pandemic, of course!). We did have a wonderful couple of gatherings in Paris last October, and a group of us had dinner in New York in April. Because this year is our 15th anniversary, we really did want to have some special get-togethers, and this one in London was nearly perfect!

On 7/8/2022 at 9:48 AM, Serendipity said:

It was such a nice moment!!! I have to say, I arrived alone and at the beginning I felt a bit shy... I could of course recognize some of us but not so many people. Than mika's music and alcool :naughty: helped me to break the ice and it was absolutely fantastic to party with you!!! Thank you SO much for the organization!!!!

💚🧡💛💙💜

I have just a proposal... why don't we create pins with our nincknames on to use for these situations or maybe even for gigs or whatever? With MFC logo or something similar? I really can try to be in charge for that and understand how much it could cost and what we have to do. What do you think?

Big kisses from Serendipity Still Affected From Post Gig Depression 🥰🥰🥰

We have talked about nicer enamel pins several times -- Sivan had really wanted to do them with the new MFC15 anniversary, but the expense sort of changed our minds. These would not have had our names, but they would have been more like jewelry, and something you might be more prone to reuse again and again. But again, they weren't cheap -- and you have to order quite a few to get the cost down.

To get customized pins -- that is, each one would be different with individual names... I'm not sure how much that would be, but probably more than even the enamel pins we were looking at.

On 7/8/2022 at 10:15 AM, Mayli said:

To be honest,I usually was a bit shy when go for some special even like this and this is my first MFC gathering I've ever joined, although I have been MIKA fans since my late 19 haha 🤣and before I came,I only knew that Deb but recently I knew another MIKA fans from my hometown hahaha😆So amazing and we finally went to this gathering together!🙏😁

As part of MFC,I feel glad that we come from different parts of this earth 🌎 so we actually can have a lot of funny experiences to share haha,kind of the benefits?🥳

We can actually do a lot of different things like having cooking classes, languages classes,BBQ gathering or even "yum cha"/"hot pot" gathering or Asia/European travelling tour if any of you are interested in that!

Its really like MIKA said in the roundhouse that night 🌃: “EVERYTHING is possible”, just depends on where your boundary are but in my opinion it's now 21st century so I don't think we still need much boundary to divide people into so many different groups haha🤞The most boundary u have,the less open your mind to new things and new life for making u happier!🤭

I'm glad you got over feeling shy @Mayli and hope you had a good time, both at the party and the concert!

On 7/11/2022 at 4:39 AM, Mayli said:

I agree it would be cheaper to make the badges ourselves with equipment like this.

However, there would still be the expense of mailing the the badges to fans. Who would pay for that? Mika Fan Club does not have a budget for such things -- Mika pays to maintain this site, but that's it. If I make the badges, that means I have to pay for the postage and the packaging materials (envelopes, bubble wrap, etc.). I could always charge the fans for the badge + shipping but by the time we do that, it will probably cost as much as having an outside source do them.

This is the same situation as having a company produce badges in bulk, as I have done occasionally. That's fine if I'm going to an event and will be handing out badges in person, no shipping involved, but then I have dozens of badges left that I either need to ship individually, or ... ?

I think it's much simpler and more efficient to have a business like Zazzle or CafePress create badges on demand as people need them.

What we could do is redesign the badge so that that there is an open space for names, which could be written in permanent marker. If lots of people are interested in that, we can certainly look into it.

• Like 3

On 7/22/2022 at 8:35 PM, dcdeb said:

Finally! I have the chance to catch up with my reading. I've been wanting to get back to this thread for weeks! Anyway...

Oh dear. I was afraid someone had recorded it. :blush: Public speaking is not my forte! But thanks, Anna!

We do try to have more gatherings, @Mayli -- but obviously the last few years especially it's been difficult (pandemic, of course!). We did have a wonderful couple of gatherings in Paris last October, and a group of us had dinner in New York in April. Because this year is our 15th anniversary, we really did want to have some special get-togethers, and this one in London was nearly perfect!

We have talked about nicer enamel pins several times -- Sivan had really wanted to do them with the new MFC15 anniversary, but the expense sort of changed our minds. These would not have had our names, but they would have been more like jewelry, and something you might be more prone to reuse again and again. But again, they weren't cheap -- and you have to order quite a few to get the cost down.

To get customized pins -- that is, each one would be different with individual names... I'm not sure how much that would be, but probably more than even the enamel pins we were looking at.

I'm glad you got over feeling shy @Mayli and hope you had a good time, both at the party and the concert!

I agree it would be cheaper to make the badges ourselves with equipment like this.

However, there would still be the expense of mailing the the badges to fans. Who would pay for that? Mika Fan Club does not have a budget for such things -- Mika pays to maintain this site, but that's it. If I make the badges, that means I have to pay for the postage and the packaging materials (envelopes, bubble wrap, etc.). I could always charge the fans for the badge + shipping but by the time we do that, it will probably cost as much as having an outside source do them.

This is the same situation as having a company produce badges in bulk, as I have done occasionally. That's fine if I'm going to an event and will be handing out badges in person, no shipping involved, but then I have dozens of badges left that I either need to ship individually, or ... ?

I think it's much simpler and more efficient to have a business like Zazzle or CafePress create badges on demand as people need them.

What we could do is redesign the badge so that that there is an open space for names, which could be written in permanent marker. If lots of people are interested in that, we can certainly look into it.

May I ask is that possible to ask MIKA for paying that as he earns a lot of money from his career and we all here to support him so kind of make sense if we ask him to do that?😂🤔Try to step a bit forward and open this conversation with him and see how he thinks about it!Maybe he would like to support us,who knows?😳

• 4 weeks later...